• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God Swamp Thing (Classic) tier 1A or High 1B

I was just wondering why isn't God Swampthing a higher tier when he basically briefly became and replaced the Presence as the supreme being (Character) in the DC omniverse from my understanding, he has similar powers to that of protege (Almighty Replication) or in this wiki "power mimicry" if I can reply that would be great

3353077-swamp_thing_godhood.jpg

https://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Almighty_Replicatio

... Assuming he is higher based on almighty Ascension... On powrrlisting... Isn't wise.

Secondly, he absorbed the Word, not the Presence... Which is at best tier 2.

We need more scans for context. You should also preferably ask Sandman31 and Matthew Schroeder to comment here.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
... Assuming he is higher based on almighty Ascension... On powrrlisting... Isn't wise.
Secondly, he absorbed the Word, not the Presence... Which is at best tier 2.
Necro, I guess but yeah Swamp Thing almost supplanted God, which in this case is the Voice

The Voice is definitely far beyond tier 2

Also, yes, there's a possibility that God Swamp Thing is beyond tier 2

I can see God Swamp Thing being High 1-B maybe even 1-A. The Voice is the aspect of God that created everythig. It was written on Destine's Book that the Voice was the one who created everything. In Murder Mysteries, The Voice was shown to be the one that created the angels and probably even Lucifer and the other archangels.

Ok, maybe something like "possibly/likely far higher" would suffice?

God Thing has been consistently stated to be a threat to the Voice itself. The scope of his feat is small scale though since it seems that his plan is only to remove the influence of the Presence/the Voice on the Earth, could be mistaken but I think it was stated that he's also a threat to Heaven and Hell. If he accomplished his plan, there will be no Hell, Heaven, reincarnation anymore etc

But then again, he got depowered by John Con using a wish granting match stick

Considering the fact that the Voice was literally the Voice which created totality itself "i.e Infinite dimensions, possibly all concepts" , and GST was going to directly replace him as the God Of Creation with these amps. its fair to assume he has potential for 1-A

"But then again, he got depowered by John Con using a wish granting match stick " Constantine has shown to be capable of having 1-A equipment and such, also that seems like PIS since literally after that alecs daughter just ****** him (Or the voice? cant remember) over

I think that putting a "likely/possibly" is better than a straight up 1-A. God Swamp Thing has tons of statement of how powerful he is/ he will be but I don't think his feat are 1-A.

Lefe (Alec's daughter) used counter vibrations to defeat the Word because that's just what the Word is, vibrations. Similar to how The Decreator and Darkseid were defeated

John's "match sticks" were created from the Fire Elementals, which was what pushed God Swamp Thing into transcendence, so him being depowered by that is not exactly an anti-feat.

Sandman31 said:
God Swamp Thing has tons of statement of how powerful he is/ he will be but I don't think his feat are 1-A.
I believe The Word stated that God Thing was already superior to The Voice even before he became avatar to the Flame. Will try to gather the scan.

Edit: Found it. Though what The Word stated is that God Thing "rivalled" The Voice. And as a bonus, there the Word also states that indeed the Match Sticks were from the Parliament of Flames.

I am sure in the same issue or issue before that he got the power of the parliment of flame

Yeah, I know Still, I don't think any of the parliaments is greater than God. God Swamp Thing became the embodiment of the planet at the end and joined the parliament of Worlds. Even the Endless were supposed to be more powerful than those guys considering that the parliament of everything in existence, including sun, stars, planets, galaxies, dimensions etc were afraid of Dream and Death

I think a "likely 1-A" is better because of the statements comparing him to the Voice

That said, I'm unsure on 1-A, or even a "likely", myself. Wouldn't that "possibly/likely far higher" be more safe and less controversial?

The (god ovo)thing is, we are talking about giving an enormous upgrade to a character based on... Two or three statements? Not only those that seems bad as a start, we are talking about quite the inconsistent stuff with DC. So I don't know about "likely 1-A". However, if it ends up at that, I won't have a problem.

Just giving my two cents.

Edit: Basically, I'm neutral, but leaning more with the safest route.

@Lephyr

Thats what I proposed earlier

I thought you were pushing for a solid tier 1-A Swamp Thing.I also think that "possibly/likely far higher" is more safe

Lol, no. I was just answering some comments, mostly at the idea that John's wishing matches were an anti-feat, which it really isn't.

And indeed.

Yeah, it wasnt an anti-feat for Swampy but if God Swamp Thing was supposed to be equal to the Voice then thats kinda weird

So I guess he should be "2-A, possibly/likely far higher/higher" then

I trust Sandman31's judgement regarding DC Comics ratings.

@Sandman

It has to do more with how each parliament is superior to the one before. Since the Parliament of Flames is superior to all the others, they can still beat him. Like the Word stated, God Thing's defenses weren't impenetrable.

I do remember the Word saying that, still weird though

@Ant

We agreed that Swamp Thing should be "2-A,possibly far higher"

Back