• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

You are literally the one that brought it up here. I was just responding to the accusation of a "downgrade for downgrade's sake" being pretty silly given you agreed the existing justification is bad and have now agreed that the first proposed replacement is bad.
The entire "downgrade for downgrade's sake" was revolving solely around that Atlantis sinking thing you were talking about. Never in my mind did I ever even intend to use it for Bio Manip because the two were unrelated, and still are.

Now can we please stop clogging the thread with what's already been discussed on the other thread?

The entire "downgrade for downgrade's sake" was revolving solely around that Atlantis sinking thing you were talking about.
That's nonsensical, the Atlantis thing had nothing to do with a downgrade. Pepsiman claimed a Fate could sink a continent at will to help bolster the Bio Manip argument and I pointed out that he was mistaken about what the text said. No one said anything about a downgrade.

Now can we please stop clogging the thread with what's already been discussed on the other thread?
You literally brought it up.

That's nonsensical, the Atlantis thing had nothing to do with a downgrade. Pepsiman claimed a Fate could sink a continent at will to help bolster the Bio Manip argument and I pointed out that he was mistaken about what the text said. No one said anything about a downgrade.
And I wasn't even bothered about the Bio Manip bolstering because I knew it wasn't gonna help. I was more focused on the misinformation side of things this whole time.

And I wasn't even bothered about the Bio Manip bolstering because I knew it wasn't gonna help. I was more focused on the misinformation side of things this whole time.
This has nothing to do with anything that I said, or anything you said prior to this. You claimed people were pursuing a downgrade for downgrade's sake, which didn't occur. You responded about Atlantis and claimed thats what your downgrade remark was about, even though the Atlantis element had nothing to do with downgrading, and now you've switched to whatever this is.

This has nothing to do with anything that I said, or anything you said prior to this. You claimed people were pursuing a downgrade for downgrade's sake, which didn't occur. You responded about Atlantis and claimed thats what your downgrade remark was about, even though the Atlantis element had nothing to do with downgrading, and now you've switched to whatever this is.
I was responding to your claims about the novel and the chronology of events that you were trying to remove that made no sense whatsoever. And yes, I do consider your haphazard method of trying to change the context of the scenes based on mere speculation, as a downgrade to the established chronology of events of the series.

Again, why are we even bothering with this discussion to begin with when it's already been dusted on the other thread?

I was responding to your claims about the novel and the chronology of events that you were trying to remove that made no sense whatsoever.
I never tried to remove any chronology of events. I pointed out what the text actually said, correcting another user's mistake about it.

Again, why are we even bothering with this discussion to begin with when it's already been dusted on the other thread?
I responded to the claim of "downgrade for downgrade's sake" and everything else is something you brought up. If you didn't want to discuss it, you should not have brought it up. If you do not want the discussion to continue, you are free to stop responding.

Given how it’s just having the entire thread boil down to KLOL and Deagon bickering on the intentions of others yes, if they wanna continue the conversation they can go somewhere else in regards to what’s the opponent/supporters intentions are.

Fun fact:Kratos VA in the latinoamerican spanish dub is the same as Batman's LATAM spanish VA in Arkham Origins and Knight

So I've been trying to replay the old games and I noticed something weird about Kratos.

Why is he selectively angry? Like, he talks with Ares as if they're having a conversation, instead of being his angry self. And I get Kratos had very angry and murder happy thoughts in the fight, the novel makes itself pretty clear about it.

But he never screamed bloody murder or was his usual raging self, as what COO displayed him as. He was... calm? Collected, angry surly bubbling underneath but not yelling like hell's souls, just ready to to give his family the revenge that they deserved.

So I've been trying to replay the old games and I noticed something weird about Kratos.

Why is he selectively angry? Like, he talks with Ares as if they're having a conversation, instead of being his angry self. And I get Kratos had very angry and murder happy thoughts in the fight, the novel makes itself pretty clear about it.

But he never screamed bloody murder or was his usual raging self, as what COO displayed him as. He was... calm? Collected, angry surly bubbling underneath but not yelling like hell's souls, just ready to to give his family the revenge that they deserved.
The gods killed his mother (it can be considered a death through the Gods, since they made her suffer and Kratos ended up killing her due to Zeus' curse), his brother, his wife, and his daughter, Kratos was nervous, but he couldn't show an agitated mentality for the Gods to affect him.

The gods killed his mother (it can be considered a death through the Gods, since they made her suffer and Kratos ended up killing her due to Zeus' curse), his brother, his wife, and his daughter, Kratos was nervous, but he couldn't show an agitated mentality for the Gods to affect him.
Yeah, The gods were assholes.

Imagine a person impregnating a women with twins, force invasions of villages until you find the twins, kidnap the one with a mark, then curse the mother so that she can't rat you out, then be a deadbeat for basically both their lives, until you task them with killing your son because he annoyed your favorite princess.

I get that Zeus is probably one of the more cruel gods, but hell is that scumy.

Yeah, The gods were assholes.

Imagine a person impregnating a women with twins, force invasions of villages until you find the twins, kidnap the one with a mark, then curse the mother so that she can't rat you out, then be a deadbeat for basically both their lives, until you task them with killing your son because he annoyed your favorite princess.

I get that Zeus is probably one of the more cruel gods, but hell is that scumy.
Zeus in Greek mythology doesn't have an attractive track record, because he did absurd acts, i also agree with all this, the Gods are evil to the point of making people slaves and playing with human lives for their own benefit

But as Kratos said (that's his best line)

I have sworn vengeance, i have avenged their blood a thousand times over and burned all of Olympus...

Kratos always dealt with rage but he had far more mental stability at the time. He had a small hope of being reprieved from his nightmares and at the time, his family was the only loss he had to stomach.

Then the gods deny him his only wish, make him a god so he has so suffer that for eternity, kill his only remaining family, betray and kill him, and annihilate his home.

It makes sense that he'd lose all sense of reason after that point. It's even the reason he didn't use the power of the Fates to undo the murder of his family. He simply didn't see any other future for himself without killing Zeus.

God of War: The Board Game is a cooperative dungeon crawler for 1-2 players (expandable to up to 4 with expansion) filled with epic fights and puzzles! It also features a unique combat and leveling system based on the bonding of characters and cooperation. Take on the role of Kratos and Atreus, following a series of adventures that imagine scenarios during the years between God of War (2018) and God of War Ragnarök as Fimbulwinter descends on Midgard.

is it safe to say this is canon ?

01b6fd04-431d-41e2-8212-1a7f11467333.jpg

These exclusive Bonus cards wield a potent form of magic, primarily employed by desperate humans who, in the wake of desolation, resorted to the Dark Arts for survival, trading their souls for enhanced power. The vast majority of practitioners found themselves consumed by corruption, metamorphosing into monstrous entities saturated with this dark energy. Only a select few managed to harness its power without succumbing to corruption, with the Vanir notably adept at sidestepping its malevolent influence.

also there are a lot of additional content. Nice.

cc2e5fd1-6fad-483b-8fdd-9d9944acc1d7.jpg

f9eed0fc-7206-4e11-9049-5f3ba383d7fe.jpg

Back