• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Oh what's the statament for that
A codex scan that Drakes are tenfold stronger than Dragons in power, despite being shorter. Dragons are on par with Ares and other second generation Olympians.

Granted, I miscalculated. It'd be less than 10x since while Ragnarok Kratos is definitely stronger than Drakes, he's also far stronger than the Brother Kings.

A codex scan that Drakes are tenfold stronger than Dragons in power, despite being shorter. Dragons are on par with Ares and other second generation Olympians.

Granted, I miscalculated. It'd be less than 10x since while Ragnarok Kratos is definitely stronger than Drakes, he's also far stronger than the Brother Kings.
Hey pretty sure ares and zeus gap was fairly vague as well anyways

I imagine the gap between Zeus and Ares is definitely a lot higher than 10×
Considering Kratos in Ragnarok is definitively stronger than drakes (Adding to the fact that we consider him equal to his GoW3 self who trampled Poseidon, Hades and Herc), yeah, Zeus would definitely a lot higher than that multiplier.

Considering Kratos in Ragnarok is definitively stronger than drakes (Adding to the fact that we consider him equal to his GoW3 self who trampled Poseidon, Hades and Herc), yeah, Zeus would definitely a lot higher than that multiplier.
How big do you think the gap is? Hundreds? Thousands?

Tier 1 makes this confusing.

Considering how Ares threatened the Gods with Pandora's box, kinda implying that he would be empowered to Zeus level, it could be way higher than we think.

How big do you think the gap is? Hundreds? Thousands?

Tier 1 makes this confusing.

Considering how Ares threatened the Gods with Pandora's box, kinda implying that he would be empowered to Zeus level, it could be way higher than we think.
The box made Kratos go from tier 4 to 1 meaning pandora bod ares is 7d and zeus scales🗿🗿🗿

Will there be valhalla CRT ?

Also due to existence of valhalla, i guess during battle between thor and world serpent, the shockwaves should shake whole valhalla (?)

So I'm pretty far into GOW Ragnarok, having just fought Garm (one of the best boss fights in the entire series tbh, it was really damn fun), and I need to be completely honest about one of my biggest negatives about the game: **** THOSE GODFORSAKEN BERSERKERS, THEY CAN BURN IN HELLFIRE AND BRIMSTONE!

Like seriously, what in God's name was Santa Monica Studios thinking when they came up with the Berserkers? I've never fought a series of bosses that were so infuriating to deal with their unpredictable attack patterns, hard hitting attacks which drain my health down like a sewage pipe, their consistent usage of status effect inducement which slows me down and causes me to be vulnerable to more damage, and of course the bullshit that seems to be how inconsistent their unblockable attacks are when I know I dodged yet I still get hit. I legit broke a TV remote fighting Beigadr the Feared in Svartalfheim a few days ago and I really can't stand fighting more of them, and I'm the same guy who fought all the Valkyries in 2018 because they were tough but nonetheless fair....Berserkers are the opposite, and I hate that they're Ragnarok's replacement for optional hard bosses

So I'm pretty far into GOW Ragnarok, having just fought Garm (one of the best boss fights in the entire series tbh, it was really damn fun), and I need to be completely honest about one of my biggest negatives about the game: **** THOSE GODFORSAKEN BERSERKERS, THEY CAN BURN IN HELLFIRE AND BRIMSTONE!

Like seriously, what in God's name was Santa Monica Studios thinking when they came up with the Berserkers? I've never fought a series of bosses that were so infuriating to deal with their unpredictable attack patterns, hard hitting attacks which drain my health down like a sewage pipe, their consistent usage of status effect inducement which slows me down and causes me to be vulnerable to more damage, and of course the bullshit that seems to be how inconsistent their unblockable attacks are when I know I dodged yet I still get hit. I legit broke a TV remote fighting Beigadr the Feared in Svartalfheim a few days ago and I really can't stand fighting more of them, and I'm the same guy who fought all the Valkyries in 2018 because they were tough but nonetheless fair....Berserkers are the opposite, and I hate that they're Ragnarok's replacement for optional hard bosses
Anger issue tbh 🚬🗿

Lowest interpretation of valhalla would simply mean everything inside it are not real, but this interpretation definitely cause several issues like Odin can't control valhalla for example.

and for highest interpretation valhalla size ?? well tbh i dont know. But assume if those lower realms are real and based on people memories, valhalla definitely should be easily above 2-B. I am not sure about higher plane stuff

Btw does valhalla only create people past memories or it can do more than that? like for example mimir, flower, and sigrun event story, does that event exist in mimir past or valhalla literally create new manifestation for mimir ?

Lowest interpretation of valhalla would simply mean everything inside it are not real, but this interpretation definitely cause several issues like Odin can't control valhalla for example.

and for highest interpretation valhalla size ?? well tbh i dont know. But assume if those lower realms are real and based on people memories, valhalla definitely should be easily above 2-B. I am not sure about higher plane stuff
Valhalla has stars in it so it is at least cosmic in scope. And it creates alternate worlds for each individual. The problem is that the size of a single world is very vague. If the realms weren't visible from each other, Valhalla would potentially be greater than the scope of the Yggdrasil. But we know that it creates disjoint memory and dream fragments as sub-spaces so the size is just "probably as large as a Realm, maybe larger".

Btw does valhalla only create people past memories or it can do more than that? like for example mimir, flower, and sigrun event story, does that event exist in mimir past or valhalla literally create new manifestation for mimir ?
It happened. It does change stuff around but it doesn't just make up new things.

Valhalla has stars in it so it is at least cosmic in scope. And it creates alternate worlds for each individual. The problem is that the size of a single world is very vague. If the realms weren't visible from each other, Valhalla would potentially be greater than the scope of the Yggdrasil. But we know that it creates disjoint memory and dream fragments as sub-spaces so the size is just "probably as large as a Realm, maybe larger".
Interesting, want to respond this later in the future.

Something I did not want to know:

As far as we know there is only one boar of Freya’s which means:

oedipus-goes-shopping-v0-igpazb4s0vdc1.jpeg

Something I did not want to know:

As far as we know there is only one boar of Freya’s which means:

oedipus-goes-shopping-v0-igpazb4s0vdc1.jpeg

I mean you play as the same guy who's white skin is actually the ashes of his wife and daughter that were permanently bounded to his skin to constantly remind him of his horrific deed...you think Kratos would be mindful of some boar/man piss on his neck? It's gross, but far from the worst thing Kratos has to experience on a day to day basis

Did the cookbook scans came from one of Y'all posting from the physical copy? If not can anyone send the source they got it from

It would have been cool to see mimirs memories and fight Celtic enemies. I think that would be a cool future setting. It's very similar to Norse mythology already, I think Atreus should go there, along with Mimir as it would be a nice way to have Mimir stick around for a bit longer.

Back