• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Really now? An actual death battle, or just a podcast?

Also, link?
Do you find it weird that in Valhalla they don't have any dialogue about Callisto? Like they talk about Calliope and Lysandra, and even the boat captain, but we don't get anymore insight into what Kratos thought of his mother, which makes me sad. He talks about Deimos in the base game, so his mom is the only family member he doesn't mention. Again he talks about the ******* boat captain but not his own mother, I understand he treated the guy horribly, but I imagine he'd have more of an attachment to the person that raised him lol.

I find it reasonable that he doesn't want to talk about Callisto at the moment considering the fact he killed her when she was turned into a monster and felt saddened because of this act, which is understandably why he doesn't talk about her and the fact that it is a mixed bag of feelings for her.

I find it reasonable that he doesn't want to talk about Callisto at the moment considering the fact he killed her when she was turned into a monster and felt saddened because of this act, which is understandably why he doesn't talk about her and the fact that it is a mixed bag of feelings for her.
He had mixed feelings about his memories of Lysandra too though, and it's not like he controls what he's thinking about, Valhalla manifests it because deep down he has thoughts about those people, he didn't actively make the key, flute, and necklace appear, Valhalla did since it was on his mind. It's still just weird she's the only family member not mentioned at all in the new games, instead of the boat captain they could have had him think about her. It doesn't make me dislike the DLC or anything, I just wished we got more info on her, since their is very little.

What did he do?
some things including helping Pirithous kidnapping Helen of Troy when she was a little kid, and almost kicking off a Great war, then Pirithous decides to abduct Persephone and claim her as his bride, which is already more monumentally stupid than kidnapping Helen of Troy due to the fact that She was the Bride of Hades, who predictably did NOT take well to that idea, and also abandoning Adriane, who helped him out with the Minotaur. overall, He was a big Jerk.

some things including helping Pirithous kidnapping Helen of Troy when she was a little kid, and almost kicking off a Great war, then Pirithous decides to abduct Persephone and claim her as his bride, which is already more monumentally stupid than kidnapping Helen of Troy due to the fact that She was the Bride of Hades, who predictably did NOT take well to that idea, and also abandoning Adriane, who helped him out with the Minotaur. overall, He was a big Jerk.
I didn't know that, so that's why perithious was in his prison of tinder, he was dumb and not a good guy.

Death battle podcast if kratos or sonic can beat Goku live rn for who carss

Edit: It ended didn't payed much attention but Kratos lost and sonic won apparently. Dbs Goku

Last edited:
Ragnarok really was a downgrade in someways.

The removal the barehanded skill tree was dumb, the fact that you can change shields, you'd think they would expand on it.

Runic attacks were nerfed hard too

Ragnarok really was a downgrade in someways.

The removal the barehanded skill tree was dumb, the fact that you can change shields, you'd think they would expand on it.

Runic attacks were nerfed hard too
Yeah. It had combat improvements and new additions but they often came at the cost of the quality of the base combat.

So I'm currently still in the amidst of my God of War marathon where I play every single game in the franchise, but you guys want to know how dedicated I am? Well..........I just spent 600+ dollars on a new PS5 and a copy of God of War Ragnarok just so I can keep playing this series, I wasn't going to stop at 2018 on PC plus I needed an excuse to get a PS5 for a long while and this was it. And the game is bloody amazing so far so I ain't complaining

20240116_204612.jpg

I honestly think 2018 had the better combat, and honestly was the better game overall.

Ragnarok had better bosses and enemy variety tho.
Yeah. Ragnarok clears in enemy variety and boss content.

Combat wise, I can't put one over the other overall but 2018 did better with less content, if that makes sense.

I guess I'm so far of the opposite opinion honestly, I can understand why some people would be miffed about the barehanded combat being nerfed but during my three playthroughs of 2018 I never really bothered with it because while it's decent for staggering and stuff I usually just stuck with the Leviathan Axe or Blades of Chaos for 95% of the time. And maybe it's just me here, but I swear that Ragnarok is quite faster paced and isn't as slow as 2018 was which was more methodical and heavy in its approach.

One thing I think is an improvement over 2018 is the introduction of weapon specific abilities, where you can either build up frost in the Axe or intensify the flames of the Blades. It gives me a lot of incentive to utilize my weapons in tandem during the fight and I like how much more seamless it is to switch weapons in the middle of a combo, giving me a lot more variety in what I can do to lay down the beatdown

So I'm currently still in the amidst of my God of War marathon where I play every single game in the franchise, but you guys want to know how dedicated I am? Well..........I just spent 600+ dollars on a new PS5 and a copy of God of War Ragnarok just so I can keep playing this series, I wasn't going to stop at 2018 on PC plus I needed an excuse to get a PS5 for a long while and this was it. And the game is bloody amazing so far so I ain't complaining

20240116_204612.jpg
In the United States, a PS5 is so cheap, here it is R$3,500

My PS4 controller, the R1, died and now I have to buy another controller 😭

20240116_204612.jpg
Congratulations on the achievement, brother

It looks like Santa Monica released an update for God of War Ragnarok, is there a DLC coming?

They are keeping their game as up to date as possible, on some consoles like PS4 in the DLC valhalla was leaving the game alone, I believe that was the change.

Eh not sure why some people on youtube and reddit create misinformation about GoW lore.
By misinformation, do you mean the people who think the lore is complete bullshit or are people taking the lore and using it to fabricate lies from it? I know there's a lot of people on Youtube who think lore is unusable which is stupid because the lore is what explains stuff in the games or answers questions that people have about the story and characters but I just ignore them and let them have think what they want because it'll just be like talking to a brick wall

By misinformation, do you mean the people who think the lore is complete bullshit or are people taking the lore and using it to fabricate lies from it? I know there's a lot of people on Youtube who think lore is unusable which is stupid because the lore is what explains stuff in the games or answers questions that people have about the story and characters but I just ignore them and let them have think what they want because it'll just be like talking to a brick wall
well yeah, it's both....

Back