• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

It would've made no difference considering Kratos proceeded to explode a few Draupnir spears inside of him (And in turn, blew up everything inside of him), the kind that blew up Heimdall's arm.
Mehh his heart prolly still was fine somehow cuz he died by getting stabbed in the heart (unless his heart being injured played a role in why he died)

I think you're talking about normal poisons, because in the story of Norse mythology the same thing happens, where Thor is poisoned by Jörmungandr, the same happens in God Of War Ragnarok, Kratos' ax had poison
GoW isn't 1:1 with Norse Mythology, or with any other mythology for the matter, not even close. Eitr poison in GoW has ****-all going for it and pretty much every fodder can recover from its attacks near instantly. You'd think they'd be felled easily if it were a poison strong enough to fell Thor, but the least it does is leave a scar on him. So the "normal poisons" argument doesn't exactly work here.

Mehh his heart prolly still was fine somehow cuz he died by getting stabbed in the heart (unless his heart being injured played a role in why he died)
Unlikely. The shockwave alone would've obliterated everything inside of him.

Meh still feel like thor just way more durable than heimdall and his inside withstand it to a extent butt
Oh also does Anyone have the scans of spartans fighting harpies? Ik they exist but can't find them

Meh still feel like thor just way more durable than heimdall and his inside withstand it to a extent but
The gaps aren't that far off so the difference isn't that extreme.

Oh also does Anyone have the scans of spartans fighting harpies? Ik they exist but can't find them
Ghost of Sparta, right where you take off into the blazing whirlpool to Atlantis.

Chris Speaks

Good to know it wasn't on Santa Monica to replace TC.

Which basically means at this point it was the execs higher up (Than even Santa Monica) who would even think of doing such a thing. Which I find bizarre, given that they literally brought back Carole Ruggier as Athena's voice (OG Athena in GoW1+2), Corey Burton as Zeus and even Helios from GoW3.

Good to know it wasn't on Santa Monica to replace TC.

Which basically means at this point it was the execs higher up (Than even Santa Monica) who would even think of doing such a thing. Which I find bizarre, given that they literally brought back Carole Ruggier as Athena's voice (OG Athena in GoW1+2), Corey Burton as Zeus and even Helios from GoW3.
execs higher up sucks sometimes, unity game engine is perfect example

Though I wish they had the younger Kratos speak in that scene, I’m glad they didn’t if they couldn’t get Terrence Carson back for that role.
Of course, I would also go after Santa Monica sent me away, as I was the voice of the character with more than 10 years of experience, besides this happened out of the blue for him (there was no response to his dismissal), so After Kratos appeared with another voice and a guy playing Kratos, this is absurd and I would feel betrayed.

Although I can see that an excuse later came up that Kratos' voice was too small to play Kratos and the team didn't want to pay for two things at the same time, so they changed the voice actor for one the size of Kratos

If there is a new series of games taking place in Egypt, I wonder how Santa Monica will characterize the Egyptian Gods when compared to the Olympians and the Aesir. Because, while I'm not Egyptian mythology expert, the stories and word of mouth statements I've read from experts seem to paint most of Egypt's gods as being pretty chill and fair deities which, while harsh at times, are usually benevolent towards humanity and often have a good sense of judgement on how to handle things.

Though I'd also be down with seeing a game based off the Shinto pantheon would be kind of interesting too since I don't think much people know about Japanese mythology outside some of the basics so I'd be interested to see what the developers would cook up for a Japan themed GOW game

execs higher up sucks sometimes, unity game engine is perfect example
Even CEO's of publishing music sucks, like that undertale yellow copyright shit that happened a few days/weeks ago, basically Sebastian Wolff (haha Toby FOX, sebastian WOLF.) having a temper tantrum on twitter because he can't make bank from or think it's "copyright infridgement" even though the yellow dev team wanted to keep it in private & had somewhat of a permission to do so from TOBY FOX HIMSELF.

The idea gods resist their innate magic flowimg through them in general comes from the spear taking their magic to attack also takes things like bifrost resistance?

Wasn't she also scared shitless of the BoO?
What? No, she was scared shitless of the Power of Hope channeled through the BoO. Again, the BoO in GoW3 is nothing more than an empty metal husk that serves to be a conduit for a god's power to be channeled through it.

Duh. How do you think Kratos killed himself with it?
When Kratos stabbed himself with the BoO, it released Hope to the mortal world. Doesn't that indicate Hope being actually inside Kratos, rather than it channeling through the BoO? BoO simply released Hope to the world rather than absorbing and channeling it. And why did Kratos need the BoO anyway to threaten Athena when Hope was already inside him and he used exactly that to kill Fear Zeus?

Maybe Hope and BoO are relative to each other, or maybe I'm just over-analysing.

Last edited:
When Kratos stabbed himself with the BoO, it released Hope to the mortal world. Doesn't that indicate Hope being actually inside Kratos, rather than it channeling through the BoO? BoO simply released Hope to the world rather than absorbing it.
Hope is already inside Kratos, but again, Gods can channel their power through their weapons, the BoO is one of the finest examples of weapons being a conduit, it doesn't absorb anything, but rather Kratos is amping it to his level like he does with the Blades of Chaos, Blades of Athena and Blades of Exile, as well as all other weapons he comes into contact with, as per how GoW's magic system works.

Remember, the BoO has no power left after Kratos's plunge into the Styx, hence it doesn't light up anymore unless used by a God or with someone of Zeus's blood harnessing godly power. He also didn't use the BoO to absorb anything, he only channeled Hope through it to pierce through himself and then release all that power out. The entire point of GoW's magic system is pretty much this: Your weapons are only as good as yourself, and your strength doesn't come from your physique since if you're born a god you're already born incredibly strong.

And why did Kratos need the BoO anyway to threaten Athena when Hope was already inside him and he used exactly that to kill Fear Zeus?
He... didn't? Athena was begging him to give her the power repeatedly. Kratos only picked up the BoO to prove a point.

Maybe Hope and BoO are relative to each other
Nope, they aren't, BoO doesn't even have the attribute of being the most powerful weapon in the Greek Pantheon narratively-speaking, that attribute goes to Hope.

Speaking of which, we need to rectify the BoO as being something that normally serves to be a conduit to channel godly power through it rather than it absorbing stuff on the fly, as Zeus clearly placed it there as a trap for Kratos (And even then, Kratos willingly drained his powers into it according to Zeus's instructions).

It's been a common BS myth that somehow Kratos isn't a god-tier character without the Blade or his weapons, which is obviously clear nonsense.

This reminds me of that one site that said everyone who uses boo is 5d while everyone else 4d (ignore Kratos deflected a bloodlusted boo attack back in gow2)
The only ones who would be 4D are already 5D even without the BoO, since all magic in GoW got upgraded to 5D.

The only ones who would be 4D are already 5D even without the BoO, since all magic in GoW got upgraded to 5D.
It was before the 5d ror argument was a thing
Was bassically
Prime gow 3 kratos and below = low multi (well low multi it's named different there but not spellinv that)

Boo when used by titan war Zeus, athena and poh kratos = 5d

It was before the 5d ror argument was a thing
Was bassically
Prime gow 3 kratos and below = low multi (well low multi it's named different there but not spellinv that)

Boo when used by titan war Zeus, athena and poh kratos = 5d
Unfortunately, it'd just be relegated to "Higher via energy conduit shenanigans" back then. It was considered but the Blade would not be given a new rating solely because it channeled a 5D force through it.

Unfortunately, it'd just be relegated to "Higher via energy conduit shenanigans" back then. It was considered but the Blade would not be given a new rating solely because it channeled a 5D force through it.
They don't even think it can channel energy like that they think boo is always able to stab trough poh kratos

Back