• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Wtf i started huntress fight in the newest diffuculity and the action kratos after the qte erased half of hp
The new armor strength is nuts

Uh how freya knew kratos name again like in 2018? Can't remember
I don't believe it's officially stated in game or in Ragnarok, but consider this much:

If you were a goddess from a pantheon and you heard stories of a god from another pantheon going rogue and slaughtering their pantheon...well, I think it's fair to assume that Freya would've heard about Kratos and what happened in Greece at some point in time. And seeing as how Mimir knew Kratos' nickname as the Ghost of Sparta and what he did to the Olympians, Mimir could've either told her about Kratos or it was something all the Aesir and Vanir learned about

So just finished Valhalla, ******* amazing. I was literally in tears when Kratos confronted his past self and quoted Pandora. But one thing that kinda irked, or at least confused me, was the revelation that Odin wasn't the one who created Valhalla, and that it has existed since time immemorial like Yggdrasil and Ginnungagap. If he's not the one who created Valhalla, then why did he think he wouldn't go to Valhalla when he died? At least before, it was assumed he wouldn't because he was its creator and was an exception, but now that's false. And it's not like he was apparently ever barred from Valhalla, he just chose not to embark on its trials. It kinda makes Odin's character and internal struggle a bit less compelling.

Also, I feel like the rules for entering Valhalla have become a bit muddier. Tyr was apparently able to enter Valhalla on a technicality due to visiting the underworld, but never actually dying in battle. If that's the case, then why wouldn't the other Gods like Magni, Modi and Baldur go to Valhalla when they died, especially Magni considering he actually did die in a battle with Kratos. I feel it's just an excuse they came up with not to have to explain where they went, or just a missed opportunity for them to reappear. Even though I know it's not true, I'd like to think that the Magni and Modi that Kratos fights in Valhalla are real. It just helps me cope.

Last edited:
Can we have a separate key for Kratos in Valhalla. Since he has the
Blade of Olympus (atleast a manifestation of it)
and is likely stronger than he was in Ragnarok.

Thor also had his regeneration negated by the poison of the Jörmungandr, even so, the part that Kratos cut in his stomach was slowly regenerating.

Thor also had his regeneration negated by the poison of the Jörmungandr, even so, the part that Kratos cut in his stomach was slowly regenerating.
No, it doesn't. It never regenerates. Thor never heals from any of the cuts dealt to him by Kratos. Plus, there's already statements that trying to kill Thor with poison is like destroying a mountain with a soup spoon, so the Axe having Eitr venom is irrelevant. Anyone worth their salt in regeneration can heal the wounds, even Atreus of all people can heal from the blows of the Axe.

Not to mention moments later he dies seconds after being run through by Odin with his spear, something Kratos easily brushes off moments later during the Odin boss fight.

I agree Thor regen wasn't negated confused where thor having regen even came from but for the last part didn't odin stabbed thor in more fatal part than he did With kratos?

Thor's wound seems small each time it passes, hence the regeneration.
Yeah no, that's just the blood drying out and what-have-you. If regeneration was indeed a factor, the wounds would be completely gone without scarring, as is the case with Baldur and Kratos.

No, it doesn't. It never regenerates. Thor never heals from any of the cuts dealt to him by Kratos. Plus, there's already statements that trying to kill Thor with poison is like destroying a mountain with a soup spoon, so the Axe having Eitr venom is irrelevant. Anyone worth their salt in regeneration can heal the wounds, even Atreus of all people can heal from the blows of the Axe.
I think you're talking about normal poisons, because in the story of Norse mythology the same thing happens, where Thor is poisoned by Jörmungandr, the same happens in God Of War Ragnarok, Kratos' ax had poison

Back