• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Mimir makes no distinction to begin with so that's a non-argument.

You do realize that all of this happened because Odin learned all of Freya's secrets to be able to do so, right?

His Rage has always been there from the very beginning because it's his true might, it's not something separate that he can just get rid of, it's literally his most valuable asset. So Kratos just masters it and doesn't need to go Spartan Rage as often as we literally see in the final fight where he's outright matching Thor for a while, and then straight up overwhelming him with each strike.
Doesn't Freya literally say that the corruption of magic that was the Black Breath was too powerful for even her magic, and goes on to say Odin made it that way?

Of course, but I was pointing out that his curses were extremely potent, the one binding curse she uses on him, is immediately used against her and Kratos, albeit she was gloating too much.

I agree with the Rage thing, but what I'm trying to point out is even when he's mastered his rage, he's still not operating at full power unless he's genuinely pissed and bloodlusted, look how easily he dispatched Heimdall, when he regressed into his old ways for a couple seconds, he wasn't in full control anymore, it was his rage consuming him, but it made him much stronger.

So the poison and increase to damage when Kratos uses a talisman don't matter much then?
Not as much as people would like to believe, no.

The Blade had more than just his own power in it though, and could absorb power from other creatures why wouldn't it be stronger than Old Kratos's arsenal?
In case you have forgotten, the Blade had literally nothing left in GoW3 because it wouldn't even glow without a god wielding it in their hands, everything it did was because Kratos and Zeus channeled their own power through it as if it were a conduit.

The Blade on its own was the strongest thing in Greece, but again, Gods can amp their weapons to their level that dwarf these weapons individually, and gods can absolutely be stronger than said weapons on their own. It's why Kratos was able to dish it out with Zeus with his Blades of Athena for as long as he did, and then straight-up matched it bare-handed in GoW3 all by himself

The Blade of Olympus is shown to be much stronger than anything Old Kratos has even used, hell Zeus beat all the Titans in one attack with it, which puts Thor to shame, and that Zeus was weaker than Kratos and the Zeus that fought him. I'm really confused on the magic thing now, I'm aware that Kratos can amplify them, but can he amplify them to the level that Young Kratos's magics were at? Because, the Runic magic seems a good deal weaker than a lot of Young Kratos's magic, amplified or not.
Why wouldn't he be able to? Old Kratos's amping powers haven't changed much and they aren't Runic Magic, they're Greek. And in case you haven't forgotten, Kratos is physically able to overpower Zeus wielding the damn BoO.

Because, Zeus had to resort to using Fear to finally kill Kratos, and Young Kratos was able to shrug off multiple attacks from even the Blade of Olympus, so it's just hard to imagine Old Kratos being able to fully kill him without either of those things, or Hope.
Raw power would've done nothing, it's the Power Null and Absorption that really made the BoO tick and even that got ****** up because Zeus literally out-evolved the damn thing and needed a beatdown from Kratos for it to work.

Why couldn't thor one shot the titans🤨 they aren't That crazy
Thor killed random fodder Giants, and killed most of them individually, Zeus one shot Cronos, Gaia, and every other Titan during the Great War at the same time, Mjolnir hasn't been shown to be able to make a tornado of death that spans the entire planet.

Thor killed random fodder Giants, and killed most of them individually, Zeus one shot Cronos, Gaia, and every other Titan during the Great War at the same time, Mjolnir hasn't been shown to be able to make a tornado of death that spans the entire planet.
Dc =/= ap but thor has more impressive by a long shot than that bladez his shockwaves when fighting Serpant fighting splintered the yggdrasil

Doesn't Freya literally say that the corruption of magic that was the Black Breath was too powerful for even her magic, and goes on to say Odin made it that way?
It's corruption. There are a lot of things that Odin corrupts on a daily basis that he can't then undo.

Of course, but I was pointing out that his curses were extremely potent, the one binding curse she uses on him, is immediately used against her and Kratos, albeit she was gloating too much.
Because Odin was able to exploit Freya's weaknesses and make circumventions around it.

I agree with the Rage thing, but what I'm trying to point out is even when he's mastered his rage, he's still not operating at full power unless he's genuinely pissed and bloodlusted,
That's no longer a thing post-Ragnarok.

look how easily he dispatched Heimdall, when he regressed into his old ways for a couple seconds, he wasn't in full control anymore, it was his rage consuming him, but it made him much stronger.
That's well, well before the final Thor rematch where Mimir outright tells him to not lose it (He does so repeatedly during the war well before the Thor matchup begins), and Kratos is able to pack up Thor very easily with his new resolve to protect and save.

Actually
There might be a point here

Sirens and cyclops can damage post Ragnarok Kratos....
LMAO, they're literally aspects of Kratos's mind given form, it's not surprising his subconscious would make them a challenge for him to train with and overcome.

Dc =/= ap but thor has more impressive by a long shot than that bladez his shockwaves when fighting Serpant fighting splintered the yggdrasil
The range argument is ineffective considering that the Blade scales up to the user and can change its range if Hope Kratos is anything to go by, he was gonna snipe Athena with it.

LMAO, they're literally aspects of Kratos's mind given form, it's not surprising his subconscious would make them a challenge for him to train with and overcome.
I was joking bro
The range argument is ineffective considering that the Blade scales up to the user and can change its range if Hope Kratos is anything to go by, he was gonna snipe Athena with it.
Uh ik, i was saying if we were gonna bring range for why zeus one shotting the titans put thor to shame. Thor humilates that range feat

Uh ik, i was saying if we were gonna bring range for why zeus one shotting the titans put thor to shame. Thor humilates that range feat
And then Zeus humiliates back with the summoning of the Great Evils. All is balanced.

You do realize Thor outranges the entire Greek pantheon right? Given he can actually affect a multiversal entity with Mjolnir.

He absolutely could oneshot the Titans if he wanted to.

Anyways all jokes aside why was tornado that cover the earth even brought as argument when thor is ******* tier 1đź—ż

You do realize Thor outranges the entire Greek pantheon right? Given he can actually affect a multiversal entity with Mjolnir.

Pretty much. The literal god-tiers of the verse (Majority of the Norse peeps and the peak of the Greek Pantheon) can one-shot entire pantheons right in the blink of an eye.

Not as much as people would like to believe, no.

In case you have forgotten, the Blade had literally nothing left in GoW3 because it wouldn't even glow without a god wielding it in their hands, everything it did was because Kratos and Zeus channeled their own power through it as if it were a conduit.

The Blade on its own was the strongest thing in Greece, but again, Gods can amp their weapons to their level that dwarf these weapons individually, and gods can absolutely be stronger than said weapons on their own. It's why Kratos was able to dish it out with Zeus with his Blades of Athena for as long as he did, and then straight-up matched it bare-handed in GoW3 all by himself

Why wouldn't he be able to? Old Kratos's amping powers haven't changed much and they aren't Runic Magic, they're Greek. And in case you haven't forgotten, Kratos is physically able to overpower Zeus wielding the damn BoO.

Raw power would've done nothing, it's the Power Null and Absorption that really made the BoO tick and even that got ****** up because Zeus literally out-evolved the damn thing and needed a beatdown from Kratos for it to work.
Where are you getting the idea that the Blade didn't have any power left in GoW 3, because it doesn't glow without being touched by a God, it didn't always glow in GoW 2 either, even after it absorbed Kratos's and Athena's God powers, when Kratos puts it down to trick Zeus it isn't glowing before or after either of them pick it up, are you sure it's not just a visual affect they added for GoW 3? Also, why would it have lost the power that Kratos and Athena had put in it? Because they fell into the Underworld? Why would that get rid of the power from inside it?

Old Kratos's magic aren't Runic? Aren't only the Blades of Chaos the only one's with Runic attacks that could be considered Greek since they were similar or outright the same as his old attacks, why would the Leviathan and Draupnir Spear be considered Greek magic? Also, Zeus was slightly weaker than Kratos, and he was also able to take the Blade away from Kratos a couple times in their struggle for it, that's why I'm wondering if Old or Young Kratos could manage to pry it away from each other, since they are even more equal strength wise. Also, Old Kratos doesn't have the Fleece, which seems to be stronger than the guardian shield.

Zeus and Kratos are the only one's shown to be able to out-evolve the Blade of Olympus though, so wouldn't it's power absorption work on most, if not all of the Norse Gods?

Band for band, the Norse Gods and monsters throw Greece in the distance, range wise.

What? He did that while fighting Jorm on accident, I don't even think he knows what happened exactly, none of his other attacks are even show mildly close to that and it never happens again even when he and Kratos are clashing. Also, my main point is his normal attacks aren't powerful enough to kill all the Giants in one shot, otherwise he wouldn't have had to hunt them down at all, and some wouldn't have escape Midgard.

What? He did that while fighting Jorm on accident, I don't even think he knows what happened exactly, none of his other attacks are even show mildly close to that and it never happens again even when he and Kratos are clashing. Also, my main point is his normal attacks aren't powerful enough to kill all the Giants in one shot, otherwise he wouldn't have had to hunt them down at all, and some wouldn't have escape Midgard.
I mean what If giants just shat on titans lmao

The time travel is accidental and not even in-universe, we just decided that to be conservative on-site. Splintering Yggdrasil and shaking the Realms though, he does via shockwaves and could do at will. Bringing up the in-game boss fight is goofy since by that logic, no Norse character has above Extended Melee range.

I dunno what him killing Giants one-on-one has to do with him being unable to all kill Titans easily. Atreus outscales almost all of them, let alone him. It's likely the Giants are just stronger, which would make sense given multiple members are near God-King level (Faye, Starkadr etc.).

Yeah. There's this idea that Titans and Giants are somehow equivalent as if Faye couldn't solo the former in an afternoon.

The time travel is accidental and not even in-universe, we just decided that to be conservative on-site. Splintering Yggdrasil and shaking the Realms though, he does via shockwaves and could do at will. Bringing up the in-game boss fight is goofy since by that logic, no Norse character has above Extended Melee range.

I dunno what him killing Giants one-on-one has to do with him being unable to all kill Titans easily. Atreus outscales almost all of them, let alone him. It's likely the Giants are just stronger, which would make sense given multiple members are near God-King level (Faye, Starkadr etc.).
Again though, he made those shockwaves by fighting Jorm, would he be able to make them on his own? Also, isn't it the nature of the Yggdrasil that allows those shockwaves to even damage it and other realms, does the Greek world even operate similar enough for the shockwaves to matter over there?

I know he could kill most, if not all, of the Titans easily, but I'm saying he doesn't seem to have any normal attacks that could kill them all in one go, like Zeus did with the Titans. The stronger Giants are likely stronger than the Titans yeah, but probably not on average, since a lot of them weren't actual fighters.

Not being a warrior doesn't Equal not strong though
Sure, but do you think that Thamur the Stone Mason, who has next to no feats, is better than most of the Titans who fought in a war for hundreds of years non-stop? I'm sure even the weaker Giants are strong, but they probably aren't stronger than the Titans on average, the stronger ones probably are though.

Sure, but do you think that Thamur the Stone Mason, who has next to no feats, is better than most of the Titans who fought in a war for hundreds of years non-stop? I'm sure even the weaker Giants are strong, but they probably aren't stronger than the Titans on average, the stronger ones probably are though.
I mean sure cuz stamina =/= strength

Again though, he made those shockwaves by fighting Jorm, would he be able to make them on his own? Also, isn't it the nature of the Yggdrasil that allows those shockwaves to even damage it and other realms, does the Greek world even operate similar enough for the shockwaves to matter over there?

I know he could kill most, if not all, of the Titans easily, but I'm saying he doesn't seem to have any normal attacks that could kill them all in one go, like Zeus did with the Titans. The stronger Giants are likely stronger than the Titans yeah, but probably not on average, since a lot of them weren't actual fighters.
Nature of Yggdrasil

What the hell are you talking about? He hits so hard the World Tree shakes and splinters. That's a range feat. This is like me saying Goku doesn't have 2-C range cause his shockwaves are "spread via Universe 7's special nature".

The strongest Titan gets easily oneshot by Thor so he just needs the AoE. Thamur giving rusty Kratos and Baldur trouble as a corpse already puts him in the upper rung of Titans.

People have no idea how much of a jobber the average Titan is. If we went by the logic used here, Poseidon killing 3,000 Titans in a couple of weeks would make them even worse than the Jotnar.

Also, let's be real, Thor can kill Jormugandr and affect the World Serpent with his attacks and vice versa. That's already high end Tier 6 range, and more than enough to wipe the Titans Zeus-style.

Also, it's a weird world we live in where Odin has the best general range of the verse.

Where are you getting the idea that the Blade didn't have any power left in GoW 3, because it doesn't glow without being touched by a God, it didn't always glow in GoW 2 either, even after it absorbed Kratos's and Athena's God powers,
The Blade glows numerous times in GoW2 without anyone touching it, in GoW3, it's completely dim.

when Kratos puts it down to trick Zeus it isn't glowing before or after either of them pick it up, are you sure it's not just a visual affect they added for GoW 3?
Yes, we are pretty damn sure it's not a visual effect, since in the ending of GoW3, when Kratos grabs the Blade at first, it doesn't glow up until he pumps it up with the Power of Hope to kill himself with it.

Also, why would it have lost the power that Kratos and Athena had put in it? Because they fell into the Underworld? Why would that get rid of the power from inside it?
Kratos took back everything from it before the plunge into the Styx that depowered him.

Old Kratos's magic aren't Runic?
Nope. His own innate power that doesn't stem from his physique as he quite literally says, comes from Greece. He was literally born with that rage.

Aren't only the Blades of Chaos the only one's with Runic attacks that could be considered Greek since they were similar or outright the same as his old attacks,
Those Runic Attacks are gameplay mechanics. They're literally just the attacks from Greece that Kratos could pull off any time he damn well pleased, in Norse they're on a timer to balance things out.

why would the Leviathan and Draupnir Spear be considered Greek magic?
The power he dumps into them would be Greek Magic, not the inherent innate abilities of the weapons themselves that didn't come from Kratos. However, with the Draupnir, it can swing both ways since Draupnir was partially forged from Kratos's blood.

Also, Zeus was slightly weaker than Kratos, and he was also able to take the Blade away from Kratos a couple times in their struggle for it, that's why I'm wondering if Old or Young Kratos could manage to pry it away from each other, since they are even more equal strength wise. Also, Old Kratos doesn't have the Fleece, which seems to be stronger than the guardian shield.
Zeus was actually very much stronger than Kratos in the GoW2 fight, the novel outright states that he could one-shot the latter with a single lightning bolt any time he damn well pleased, which is why Kratos had to play his cards right or risk dying before the fight had even begun. Zeus outright rages that he's done playing around with him and swells back up to overwhelm Boo-equipped GoW2 Kratos completely, forcing him to play possum.

Zeus and Kratos are the only one's shown to be able to out-evolve the Blade of Olympus though, so wouldn't it's power absorption work on most, if not all of the Norse Gods?
That's entering hax territory, which we don't correlate with the strength level of the gods. It's why Morpheus, despite being a Primordial, can still put all of Olympus to sleep.

Again though, he made those shockwaves by fighting Jorm, would he be able to make them on his own? Also, isn't it the nature of the Yggdrasil that allows those shockwaves to even damage it and other realms
LMAO what

It's literally a range feat that Thor did by literally bonking Jormie hard enough to violently shake and splinter Yggdrasil. It's absolutely something he could do on the fly, only reason Jormie got hurled back in time is because Ygg short-circuited from that severe of a blow. The tree is literally fodder, Nidhogg literally eats its roots, the Stags clear its branches, Valkyries can literally make it bleed with their wing swipes, and Freya as a goddamned hawk can rip its roots apart even when tightly knotted. Same goes for Surtr who broke off the Asgardian Branch and caused an explosion so big and violent it shook the entire tree to its very roots. Your "nature of Yggdrasil" argument is pure headcanon with no in-verse evidence to prove it.

Bro. Titan War Zeus one-shot them while being nowhere near the prime he is in GoW3. GoW3-era Olympians kill Great War-era Prime Titans for fun. Thor is literally right up there with Ragnarok Kratos who is pretty much on par with his GoW3 Endgame Pre-Hope self, who in turn eats Olympians for breakfast. TF do you mean he couldn't kill them in one go? That's just nonsensical.

Last edited:
What the hell are you talking about? He hits so hard the World Tree shakes and splinters. That's a range feat. This is like me saying Goku doesn't have 2-C range cause his shockwaves are "spread via Universe 7's special nature".
I honestly don't even get where this "special nature" headcanon comes from, goofy shit if you ask me.

I honestly don't even get where this "special nature" headcanon comes from, goofy shit if you ask me.
I think I was getting confused with the time and realm shaking thing, hearing that the realms exist in the same physical space but separate dimensions made me think that's why the shockwaves worked. Kratos mentioning that his world had no World Tree, also made me think that the nature of both of the pantheons was different when it came to time and multiple realms/universes, since it sounded like what Thor did only worked because there was a World Tree to affect, while in Greece there wouldn't be.

Who in god name was talking about skill
Wait so you think Thamur and the other giants win by just being stronger, being skilled is a pretty big help in fights, Kratos was weaker than Ares at the end of their fight but won because he was a better fighter.

Wait so you think Thamur and the other giants win by just being stronger, being skilled is a pretty big help in fights, Kratos was weaker than Ares at the end of their fight but won because he was a better fighter.
When for exemple faye tanking their shit? Sure

Nobody was saying that. The main point is that the Giants aren't intrinsically weaker just cause the Titans have a better stamina and skill feat.

Why we devolved into skill anyways, Titans aren't some obscure la characters to tank one shots kill blow via skill

I think I was getting confused with the time and realm shaking thing, hearing that the realms exist in the same physical space but separate dimensions made me think that's why the shockwaves worked.
That "physical space" is the Realm Between Realms, an infinite 5D space literally stemming from the branches of Yggdrasil. Affecting that space means you affect Ygg in tandem.

Kratos mentioning that his world had no World Tree, also made me think that the nature of both of the pantheons was different when it came to time and multiple realms/universes, since it sounded like what Thor did only worked because there was a World Tree to affect, while in Greece there wouldn't be.
Do you even know why Greece is Low 1-C? It's because it's got hypertimelines going for it, uncountably infinite 4D snapshots equating to qualitative superiority and giving us the infinite 5D space (Higher temporal dimension) we need for it to be Low 1-C.

Ygg is 5D Low 1-C for literally being the source of the RBR.

They're both the same in terms of tiering and size.

The Blade glows numerous times in GoW2 without anyone touching it, in GoW3, it's completely dim.

Yes, we are pretty damn sure it's not a visual effect, since in the ending of GoW3, when Kratos grabs the Blade at first, it doesn't glow up until he pumps it up with the Power of Hope to kill himself with it.

Kratos took back everything from it before the plunge into the Styx that depowered him.

Nope. His own innate power that doesn't stem from his physique as he quite literally says, comes from Greece. He was literally born with that rage.

Those Runic Attacks are gameplay mechanics. They're literally just the attacks from Greece that Kratos could pull off any time he damn well pleased, in Norse they're on a timer to balance things out.

The power he dumps into them would be Greek Magic, not the inherent innate abilities of the weapons themselves that didn't come from Kratos. However, with the Draupnir, it can swing both ways since Draupnir was partially forged from Kratos's blood.

Zeus was actually very much stronger than Kratos in the GoW2 fight, the novel outright states that he could one-shot the latter with a single lightning bolt any time he damn well pleased, which is why Kratos had to play his cards right or risk dying before the fight had even begun. Zeus outright rages that he's done playing around with him and swells back up to overwhelm Boo-equipped GoW2 Kratos completely, forcing him to play possum.

That's entering hax territory, which we don't correlate with the strength level of the gods. It's why Morpheus, despite being a Primordial, can still put all of Olympus to sleep.

LMAO what

It's literally a range feat that Thor did by literally bonking Jormie hard enough to violently shake and splinter Yggdrasil. It's absolutely something he could do on the fly, only reason Jormie got hurled back in time is because Ygg short-circuited from that severe of a blow. The tree is literally fodder, Nidhogg literally eats its roots, the Stags clear its branches, Valkyries can literally make it bleed with their wing swipes, and Freya as a goddamned hawk can rip its roots apart even when tightly knotted. Same goes for Surtr who broke off the Asgardian Branch and caused an explosion so big and violent it shook the entire tree to its very roots. Your "nature of Yggdrasil" argument is pure headcanon with no in-verse evidence to prove it.

Bro. Titan War Zeus one-shot them while being nowhere near the prime he is in GoW3. GoW3-era Olympians kill Great War-era Prime Titans for fun. Thor is literally right up there with Ragnarok Kratos who is pretty much on par with his GoW3 Endgame Pre-Hope self, who in turn eats Olympians for breakfast. TF do you mean he couldn't kill them in one go? That's just nonsensical.
It does glow all the time in GoW 2, I just misremembered.

I didn't know that's how those magic attacks worked, that's interesting, thanks for telling me.

I know Zeus was stronger than Kratos in GoW 2, meant in GoW 3, when they were pushing each other towards Gaia's Heart.

Back