• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

What was the wank
RBR being made from the branches of Yggdrasil

Odin Acausality Type 4

Ymir's death creating time

Ymir's body creating every god, man, beast and all other tribes

Jormie causing the Great Flood in Midgard

Mentions of other war gods from Mexico (Mayan War God), Egypt (Sekhmet), Greece (Ares) and China

Also i think the clones are more skilled from kratos iq section need a scan change cuz nothing in the scan say the clones skill > unless i miss Something

A pretty cool detail Planck found, as I'm checking his sandbox, Thor can actually resist the Draupnir Siphon, at least for a while, before being able to be siphoned, which means that Kratos Reactive Evolution isnt just defensive
What do you mean he can resist it? Does he somehow negate it's affect in game until Kratos is able to overpower his resistance?

What do you mean he can resist it? Does he somehow negate it's affect in game until Kratos is able to overpower his resistance?
Siphon doesn't work on him at all in the first phase of their second fight. Then right after the cutscene, Kratos can Siphon him just fine. Basically Thor had resistance that Kratos overcame with Reactive Evolution.

Siphon doesn't work on him at all in the first phase of their second fight. Then right after the cutscene, Kratos can Siphon him just fine. Basically Thor had resistance that Kratos overcame with Reactive Evolution.
I just assumed that Kratos siphoned the lightning from him in the second phase because he was literally covered in it, wouldn't that be why there was nothing to siphon in the first phase? Although, I guess he's able to usually siphon elements from enemies regardless if they are covered in said element or not, so maybe it is just reactive evolution, or an oversight in game.

I just assumed that Kratos siphoned the lightning from him in the second phase because he was literally covered in it, wouldn't that be why there was nothing to siphon in the first phase? Although, I guess he's able to usually siphon elements from enemies regardless if they are covered in said element or not, so maybe it is just reactive evolution, or an oversight in game.
As you said, kratos has never required them to be covered in their element. Not an oversight considering thor is the only enemy it happens with, and kratos can siphon odin just fine. Gna can't be siphoned at all though, but kratos gained the ability to siphon thor mid fight.

As you said, kratos has never required them to be covered in their element. Not an oversight considering thor is the only enemy it happens with, and kratos can siphon odin just fine. Gna can't be siphoned at all though, but kratos gained the ability to siphon thor mid fight.
That makes sense then. I forgot that Gna can't be siphoned at all, I guess she's just built different. By the way do we know if the Sister's of Fate controlled the Evils and Hope too? I'd assume so since they made Zeus put them in the box, and I'd imagine they wouldn't be able to make him do that if they didn't have at least some control over them, not to mention they didn't seem affected by the Evils and seemed to be evil beforehand anyway.

By the way do we know if the Sister's of Fate controlled the Evils and Hope too?
No. Not even Ascended Athena knew if Kratos had Hope in him until after he had killed Zeus.

I'd assume so since they made Zeus put them in the box, and I'd imagine they wouldn't be able to make him do that if they didn't have at least some control over them, not to mention they didn't seem affected by the Evils and seemed to be evil beforehand anyway.
They only theorized about Kratos wielding the powers of Pandora's Box, but they had no idea about Hope being a thing. Athena herself thought Hope was still locked away in the box and that Kratos used the Evils to destroy Ares, but it was only after Zeus's death that Athena realized the truth: Kratos used only the power of Hope which went dormant inside him and trapped by layers of his guilt, while the Evils infected everyone else.

No. Not even Ascended Athena knew if Kratos had Hope in him until after he had killed Zeus.

They only theorized about Kratos wielding the powers of Pandora's Box, but they had no idea about Hope being a thing. Athena herself thought Hope was still locked away in the box and that Kratos used the Evils to destroy Ares, but it was only after Zeus's death that Athena realized the truth: Kratos used only the power of Hope which went dormant inside him and trapped by layers of his guilt, while the Evils infected everyone else.
But, wouldn't they know about Hope and the Evils since the Gods did, the Fates control everything, so shouldn't they about Athena placing Hope in the box and Zeus putting the evils in it?

But, wouldn't they know about Hope and the Evils since the Gods did, the Fates control everything, so shouldn't they about Athena placing Hope in the box and Zeus putting the evils in it?
Why would they? It wouldn't make sense narratively, given even Ascended Athena, who stated she could now see truths that she couldn't before, wasn't able to figure out if Kratos had the Power of Hope up until then.

Why would they? It wouldn't make sense narratively, given even Ascended Athena, who stated she could now see truths that she couldn't before, wasn't able to figure out if Kratos had the Power of Hope up until then.
Because they made Zeus and Athena put them in the box? Those two were still being controlled by the Fates at that time.

The Evils and Hope can be gathered and sealed, and still existed in the timelines made by the Fates. They could manipulate what happened to them indirectly via controlling fate and time despite being far, far inferior to them, cause that's how hax works.

The Evils and Hope can be gathered and sealed, and still existed in the timelines made by the Fates. They could manipulate what happened to them indirectly via controlling fate and time despite being far, far inferior to them, cause that's how hax works.
Ok, that makes sense, so they could indirectly control them.

By the way, did the interview with Cory, Eric, and Matt, reveal anything we didn't already know?

Hey, I have a question regarding the verse page

6b7d67a77c1ff757112c83cdca263888.png

Is there any necessity of having “:” after the species? It is a sub-header, not a list.

Back