• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I thought so, shouldn't they be older than Cronos then? Because their profiles only have them listed as thousands of years old.
The Sisters of Fate are a bit... weird. Their exact date of birth is unknown, despite them being born from Nyx and Erebus.

Even the now-retconned Island of Rhodes minigame doesn't leave much to speculate, as that implied all the Titans were already born by then, Cronos included.

Also, this is completely unrelated, but do the novels imply more directly that Athena had a thing for Kratos? Because, I've hear a lot of people say that they do, and even in the games, she seems to care about him in more than a brotherly way.
Yeah. She does. It's very blatant.

The Sisters of Fate are a bit... weird. Their exact date of birth is unknown, despite them being born from Nyx and Erebus.

Even the now-retconned Island of Rhodes minigame doesn't leave much to speculate, as that implied all the Titans were already born by then, Cronos included.

Yeah. She does. It's very blatant.
That's interesting, I assumed they were around for a while since they were born from Nyx and Erebus, and because their Threads affected everyone, Primordial and Titans included, I thought that their threads were already around and connected to them. But maybe they just made all those threads the moment they were born? I'm not sure honestly.

So Kratos is so built different he made a Virgin Goddess fall in love with him lol. Wait till we get a random comic that says Artemis had a thing for him too for some reason, her champion sure did.

Did anyone know there is a god of war ragnarok cosplay guide made by Playstation, that has Lunda, Brok, and Sindri comment on the various characters and their outfits. They even talk about how Heimdal's eyes turn pink when he is actually using his power.

Also, do we know if Gungir operates how it does from the Myth? Because I'm pretty sure in the Myth it was made to always hit it's target, but Kratos can dodge it so I assume it doesn't work like that in GoW. It's also possible that Kratos can just dodge it anyway though since he's Kratos.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/v...f_Chaos.mp4/revision/latest?cb=20231031162943 how is this power null? Looks like attacking this assholes before being able to use iy
Castor and Pollux are already consistently using the Amulet of Uroboros to keep themselves young.

Kratos just channels his own powers through the Blades (Making them a conduit for his powers) and then slams them into Castor/Pollux, nulling their Amulet's abilities and aging them back to senile senior citizens. The Blades of Chaos stuff is just there to show that Kratos can use the weapons as a conduit for his own powers, as this is how GoW's Magic System works.

Castor and Pollux are already consistently using the Amulet of Uroboros to keep themselves young.

Kratos just channels his own powers through the Blades (Making them a conduit for his powers) and then slams them into Castor/Pollux, nulling their Amulet's abilities and aging them back to senile senior citizens.
Ohhh i see now nvm

Yeah I wish Gungnir had gotten some extra flair in Ragnarok.
Yeah, a little surprised they didn't make it more important honestly. Imagine if they made it operate the same as the myth, but Kratos was still able to dodge it and Odin is surprised, that would have been cool.

Uh i am lost from where does resistances being amped hence why shit like 5d resistance for poh kratos (when Only he and athena were 5d) comes from
Couldn't find anything in the blog, is it things like redeemrd warriors gaining resistances

Primordial magic being equal throughout the verse. So pretty much everyone with hax in GOW are 5D Smurfs, even those we haven't seen yet
Oh ik what's the reasoning for why their rezistences 5d rn i am talking about from where their resistance being amped in general comes from cuz all of kratos with poh resistances were 5d when only he and atthena were 5d

All magics in GoW are 5D in potency, regardless of what Pantheon they come from.

Especially Primordial Magics. Regardless of their Pantheon of origin, they're all the same in potency.

Hence, resisting their powers in any shape or form would be 5D resistance as well. This is no longer exclusive to PoH or Ascended Athena.

So, can someone explain immeasurable time to me exactly. From what I understand a character has to actually move through time via speed to get that rating right? Existing before time or outside of time doesn't count anymore, even if logically speaking a character that existed before time was even a concept wouldn't be bound by the confides of time.

So, can someone explain immeasurable time to me exactly. From what I understand a character has to actually move through time via speed to get that rating right? Existing before time or outside of time doesn't count anymore, even if logically speaking a character that existed before time was even a concept wouldn't be bound by the confides of time.
Yeah.

One has to treat time as if it were a spatial plane to simply waltz on. They'd have to be able to bunny hop backwards and forwards through time with nothing but sheer speed. No bullshit time-traveling powers allowed.

They'd also need to showcase feats of dodging attacks long after they've been landed, or landing attacks before they've even struck out with their limbs.

Yeah.

One has to treat time as if it were a spatial plane to simply waltz on. They'd have to be able to bunny hop backwards and forwards through time with nothing but sheer speed. No bullshit time-traveling powers allowed.

They'd also need to showcase feats of dodging attacks long after they've been landed, or landing attacks before they've even struck out with their limbs.
That seems weird to me since like I said, if a character existed before time was even an idea why would time affect them in any way, time being made doesn't automatically make them bond to it once it is created, and if they completely ignore time even after it is created, doesn't that show that time is meaningless to them?

Does a character have to showcase those feats? Because, I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple characters on the wiki that didn't demonstrate that feat, but still have immeasurable speed due to scaling to people that can move through time with speed, even if they didn't show that feat either.

That seems weird to me since like I said, if a character existed before time was even an idea why would time affect them in any way, time being made doesn't automatically make them bond to it once it is created, and if they completely ignore time even after it is created, doesn't that show that time is meaningless to them?
That was the old standard. Which was gutted ages ago.

Does a character have to showcase those feats? Because, I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple characters on the wiki that didn't demonstrate that feat, but still have immeasurable speed due to scaling to people that can move through time with speed, even if they didn't show that feat either.
Either the above feats, or powerscaling.

Because apparently timeless void feats were unquantifiable due to a lack of time as a whole.

Only Irrelevant speed we had, and we gutted it because it logically made no sense. Irrelevant LS was gutted too alongside it.
I guess that makes sense, but isn't their a difference between existing in a timeless void when time is already around, then predating time entirely? Like, if there is a timeless void and a character resides in it but time is already a concept it makes sense that they don't automatically qualify for immeasurable speed, but if said character existed before time was even possible and was still unbound by time when it was created also, wouldn't that be different, since it's clear that they don't need time to operate at all? Time would be meaningless to them wouldn't it?

I guess that makes sense, but isn't their a difference between existing in a timeless void when time is already around, then predating time entirely? Like, if there is a timeless void and a character resides in it but time is already a concept it makes sense that they don't automatically qualify for immeasurable speed, but if said character existed before time was even possible and was still unbound by time when it was created also, wouldn't that be different, since it's clear that they don't need time to operate at all? Time would be meaningless to them wouldn't it?
The Void Standards thread determined that it wouldn't matter.

Back