• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Mostly about the game itself, production etc.

I guess they acknowledge Atreus is an endurance fighter.
I guess that's cool, would have liked more lore though. I assume they mentioned nothing about DLC as well, since that likely would be all over the place if they did mention it.

I guess that's cool, would have liked more lore though. I assume they mentioned nothing about DLC as well, since that likely would be all over the place if they did mention it.
Lol, of course. We don't even know if it is a DLC.

Vidar is a Fuggun badass in Norse Mythology, he's stronger than Odin and Thor and Kills the wolf Fenrir, and survives Ragnarok.

The fact that's he's not in Ragnarok is a crime.

In GOW, I had an idea of Vidar being a clone of Kratos

Vidar is a Fuggun badass in Norse Mythology, he's stronger than Odin and Thor and Kills the wolf Fenrir, and survives Ragnarok.

The fact that's he's not in Ragnarok is a crime.

In GOW, I had an idea of Vidar being a clone of Kratos
Or he had been kept away to be included in a dlc of some sort.

I see DB got the Tier 1 upgrades. Pretty cool. Looking forward to the inevitable GOW vs DBH fights.

I do think Kratos would have a hard time with Heroes (assuming their hax is also 5-D)

I see DB got the Tier 1 upgrades. Pretty cool. Looking forward to the inevitable GOW vs DBH fights.

I do think Kratos would have a hard time with Heroes (assuming their hax is also 5-D)
Hope Kratos now has 8 layers of Type 1 Concept Manipulation + Concept Invulnerability + Type 4 Acausality so it's eeeh.

Edit: 8 layers of concept-hax specifically not Acausality lol.

Well, obviously not Hope Kratos lmao he was a problem for DBH at 2-C when they were 2-A, but just Like pretty much any other Kratos, maybe the best matches could be with Norse Kratos, as he's not too Haxxed but has plenty of resistances.

Well, obviously not Hope Kratos lmao he was a problem for DBH at 2-C when they were 2-A, but just Like pretty much any other Kratos, maybe the best matches could be with Norse Kratos, as he's not too Haxxed but has plenty of resistances.
Norse, Ragnarok or God are probably the best options cause he resists all shit in those keys but doesn't do the Dr. Manhattan meme to his opponents like Hope.

Or Demigod Kratos with Tier 1 equipment, even the redeemed warrior with Tier 1 equipment could have some decent fights.

DBH LS doesn't seem to scale to the Cosmology like in GOW so that's a major disadvantage especially when going up against people like Hades and Zeus who can soul rip, but Thor vs MUI CC Goku, or a rematch with MUI Goku and Heimdall would be interesting

Or Demigod Kratos with Tier 1 equipment, even the redeemed warrior with Tier 1 equipment could have some decent fights.

DBH LS doesn't seem to scale to the Cosmology like in GOW so that's a major disadvantage especially when going up against people like Hades and Zeus who can soul rip, but Thor vs MUI CC Goku, or a rematch with MUI Goku and Heimdall would be interesting
They do. Their LS comes from Mechikabura who physically merged with a 5-D black hole (however that works) that had absorbed and contained the entire cosmology.

Hope Kratos now has 8 layers of Type 1 Concept Manipulation + Concept Invulnerability + Type 4 Acausality so it's eeeh.

Edit: 8 layers of concept-hax specifically not Acausality lol.
For a moment I was questioning where these layers came from for Acausality type 4 Lmao

Which is why I recommended having Kratos and Atreus go to different Pantheons, to keep things fresh. I just had an idea, they could have Atreus go to Celtic Mythology, to keep things familiar as Celtic Mythology is very similar to Norse mythology. And could even have Mimir stick around for a while

In myth, Thanatos is an abstract being but he's not really given the same sort of treatment as truly Primordial beings (Nyx, Tartarus, Phanes etc.)

I am confused why the season and words are considerated type 1 concept now? Unless garm concept manop type 1 just needs a explanation change

I am confused why the season and words are considerated type 1 concept now? Unless garm concept manop type 1 just needs a explanation change
Now that I look at it, I suppose due to the upgrades to the Magic System of GoW, Seasons wouldn't be really that much different, as all abstractions are products of magic.

They're not really that much more or less abstract than say "The sea", "Mountains", "Fire" etc.

Not to mention the seasons aren't really exclusive to the 9 Realms as far as those who've heard of them and are aware of goes.

Now that I look at it, I suppose due to the upgrades to the Magic System of GoW, Seasons wouldn't be really that much different, as all abstractions are products of magic.

They're not really that much more or less abstract than say "The sea", "Mountains", "Fire" etc.

Not to mention the seasons aren't really exclusive to the 9 Realms as far as those who've heard of them and are aware of goes.
Hmmm that should be prolly pointed in hjs explanation then

Back