• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Btw if hypothetically yggdrasil became low 1c what greek gods Would scale besides obv mfs like Zeus
Only Poseidon and Hades I think. They scale to Thor who'd scale to Low 1-C alongside Freya, Freyr, Kratos, Odin, Faye, Garmr and Jormugandr.

Anyways, quick discussion real quick: The Blade of Olympus was never taken back by either Kratos nor Athena, as it's seen just laying there after the GOW 3 post credits scene. Do any of you know what may happen with it? Possibly it may return later within the series?

Anyways, quick discussion real quick: The Blade of Olympus was never taken back by either Kratos nor Athena, as it's seen just laying there after the GOW 3 post credits scene. Do any of you know what may happen with it? Possibly it may return later within the series?
No. It won't. Its job is done. Just like the Blades of Exile. They basically serve no purpose anymore.

Lol.

A couple of weeks ago, there was a big drama on CV regarding GoW. One of the mods saw fit to pin a blog containing all matters of GoW "anti-feats" due to GoW being "a hot topic" or some shit. Yet when one of those pro-GoW blogs was published, none of the mods saw fit to do the same. To add fuel to the fire, practically every pro-GoW user was preemptively prevented from even posting on this anti-GoW thread.
tbf the same mod also pinned a pro GOW thread , other mods just took it down in an hour and had the thread locked , a wall level GOW thread with 0 effort would stay pinned for weeks and go to the front page but a pro GOW thread can't even stay pinned for an hour.

probably because a vast majority pf vine mods want GOW to be in same tier as LA , otherwise LA Spiderman vs Heimdall doesn't sound good :(

That's the thing. The Giants aren't... in the 9 Realms anymore. They're in other pantheons.

Would be cool to see a spin-off sequel that acts as a prequel to Kratos's visits to new Pantheons.
Exactly. I think we'll see a young Adult Atreus (with an age between 16 and 19 yo), more experienced and Better fighting, with a new design as the new main character. I think the new game will actually have more than 1 pantheon for the exploration, the new title being "God of mischief" and Atreus traveling between different cultures (all the ones in the Tyr's Temple of Gow4), him learning so easily different languages cannot be a coincidence so yeah basically I can see Atreus going to egypt, Japan, Celt and maybe even others pantheons all in one game, It would be consistent to show him Reading and easily learn and speak different languages in one game, and he's probably the only character that can do so.
Also Atreus himself expressed his desire of traveling the world, seeing different cultures or something accross those lines in Gow4 by saying that he'd liked it.

tbf the same mod also pinned a pro GOW thread , other mods just took it down in an hour and had the thread locked , a wall level GOW thread with 0 effort would stay pinned for weeks and go to the front page but a pro GOW thread can't even stay pinned for an hour.

probably because a vast majority pf vine mods want GOW to be in same tier as LA , otherwise LA Spiderman vs Heimdall doesn't sound good :(
I never understood their problem for the correct and the only correct form of scaling for Kratos. They have issues with scalings over mountain level, which is funny for power scaling, where you're supposed to scale using their best feats, which Kratos best feat is easily 2-C, and even 1-C depending on who you ask. Scaling to Thor is OP, man. Though, a mod known as Reaperace is a cool as shit mod, 100% supports the 2-C Kratos claim, and does so with all of the GOW Gods. Guy is the only good mod, I'd say.

I never understood their problem for the correct and the only correct form of scaling for Kratos. They have issues with scalings over mountain level, which is funny for power scaling, where you're supposed to scale using their best feats, which Kratos best feat is easily 2-C, and even 1-C depending on who you ask. Scaling to Thor is OP, man. Though, a mod known as Reaperace is a cool as shit mod, 100% supports the 2-C Kratos claim, and does so with all of the GOW Gods. Guy is the only good mod, I'd say.
Honestly downplaying Kratos would still put him between Planet and Multi-solar system level at bare minimum.
And his Speed definitely FTL, I don't get where they get city/Mountain level and human Speed come from lol.
Using game mechanics Is like saying Link from Zelda Is human Speed and Building level

Honestly downplaying Kratos would still put him between Planet and Multi-solar system level at bare minimum.
And his Speed definitely FTL, I don't get where they get city/Mountain level and human Speed come from lol.
Using game mechanics Is like saying Link from Zelda Is human Speed and Building level
One guy told me earlier that Kratos's speed is not infinite, because he uses a ******* wolf sled in the games.

Primordials would alone be MFTL+ via their size alone and the 4A space creation feat. Purely out of visuals.

Hermes himself would be FTL+ or MFTL/+. Via his soul and dream carrier feat.
Sisters already are MFTL+ bare minimum for their thread multitasking.

It's so funny because unlike many games, the developers of God of War confirm that the feat limitations are due to game mechanics, repeatedly. And even then, Kratos dodges cloud-to-ground lighting and reacts to people who dodge light beams in gameplay.

Thinking about it, there were already hints at the end of GOW3 that Kratos only become more stronger. When Kratos disappears after he strikes himself with the BoO, there is a symbol of a phoenix. The phoenix is a supernatural creature that upon death, resurrects, and only becomes stronger.
that's intresting

Primordials would alone be MFTL+ via their size alone and the 4A space creation feat. Purely out of visuals.

Hermes himself would be FTL+ or MFTL/+. Via his soul and dream carrier feat.
Sisters already are MFTL+ bare minimum for their thread multitasking.
You are right lol, I mean that even a random player who doesn't look Deep into feats or isn't interested in vs would still recognize Kratos as someone at bare minimum faster than light and capable of planetary feats.

One guy told me earlier that Kratos's speed is not infinite, because he uses a ******* wolf sled in the games.
And Link Is human Speed level because he uses an horse. Same for Tristan from nanatsu no tazai, he uses an horse, clearly not able to avoid lightings like anyone inferior to him did in the past.
Man I am laughing so hard.

You are right lol, I mean that even a random player who doesn't look Deep into feats or isn't interested in vs would still recognize Kratos as someone at bare minimum faster than light and capable of planetary feats.
If it was so simple... We wouldn't have people who say 9A-7B Kratos.

Most people are unaware Ascension even provides Cosmic feats. And majority out of people who do know either consider it mountain sized stars, outlier, or straight up Primordials being absolute God Tiers of verses far above Titans or Gods.

The amount of people who legitimately are actually even willing to use basic logic and rational for the feat is an extreme minority.

It's almost as if they needed a traversal mechanic that gave the game breathing space and a chance for lore reveal and character interactions. This is like saying Wonder Woman is Transonic cause she had an invisible jet at some point.

I feel like GOT hate the power level that it is because he is "NOOO MY FAV COMICS ARE GONG TO GET STOP BY STUPID GAMERS NOUUUU' sounding type of guy.

Comic books have anti-feats that make Kratos look Outerversal in comparison, so probably not that. In any case, he's gone now and we can move on.

Back