• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, as long as the above chain is what goes.
Aite.
Sure, my argument was, Odin would still ultimately get decisively beaten by Zeus with little effort instead of whatever "even-ness" between them was being suggested regardless of the similarities in their power-sets.
So long as this is hax stuff and AD and not "lmao lightning blast" then sure, if it floats ya boat. Because Zeus isn't even 1.5x Odin concretely. He's just "stronger than Odin".

Aite.

So long as this is hax stuff and AD and not "lmao lightning blast" then sure, if it floats ya boat. Because Zeus isn't even 1.5x Odin concretely. He's just "stronger than Odin".
Nah, physical strength too. Like, it's not a one-shot, but still decisive. At least until the AD takes over, then it's a one-shot.

Odin oneshots. Hades haxxes. Honestly, even fight.

Regardless, the matches can be discussed when this is added.
Eh, doubt. Hades' hax is far too much for Odin to handle in all honesty.

Nah, physical strength too. Like, it's not a one-shot, but still decisive. At least until the AD takes over, then it's a one-shot.
KLOL, Zeus literally just "stronger than himself when he might be stronger than Odin". Stop looking at the AD for a sec here and realize that it's a very eh gap all thinks considered. His AE got to a ridiculous gap only one time, that wasn't mid-fight. Let's not stretch it.
Eh, doubt. Hades' hax is far too much for Odin to handle in all honesty.
Yeah but unless Hades got some passive nonsense I'm forgetting then Odin can still do him in with one Bifrost blast.

Regardless, matches can be covered later.

I will also point out that between the OP and Kratos' comment on "greater gods than Heimdall", the latter will be sub-Brother King level.

KLOL, Zeus literally just "stronger than himself when he might be stronger than Odin". Stop looking at the AD for a sec here and realize that it's a very eh gap all things considered. His AD got to a ridiculous gap only one time, that wasn't mid-fight. Let's not stretch it.
GoW2 Zeus exists ya know.

Yeah but unless Hades got some passive nonsense I'm forgetting then Odin can still do him in with one Bifrost blast.
Hades has his standard passive Darkness/Corruption thing. And he's a lot more versatile with his range. He just needs one whiff of his Energy on Odin and that's game over for him.

I will also point out that between the OP and Kratos' comment on "greater gods than Heimdall", the latter will be sub-Brother King level.
That should be obvious at this point.

GoW2 Zeus exists ya know.
Yeah, I remember when Zeus got punched and said "It's Zeus'in time!" and vaporized Kratos -_-
Hades has his standard passive Darkness/Corruption thing. And he's a lot more versatile with his range. He just needs one whiff of his Energy on Odin and that's game over for him.
Odin resists that but honestly, not worth getting into right now.
That should be obvious at this point.
Just putting it out there.

I mean, Heimdall did block Kratos's punches and send him flying with Bifrost Punch, plus Kratos hadn't seen Heimdall's power at this point.

He was likely referring to Heimdall's Ultra Instinct/Observation Haki ability to dodge anything.

Yeah, I remember when Zeus got punched and said "It's Zeus'in time!" and vaporized Kratos -_-
Worse. Got a pillar dropped on him, then clapped back and pushed Kratos into playing possum.

Odin resists that but honestly, not worth getting into right now.
Energy of Tartarus shenanigans upscaling from LoA upscaling from Runic Magic (Bifrost, Seidr and whatnot)

I mean, Heimdall did block Kratos's punches and send him flying with Bifrost Punch, plus Kratos hadn't seen Heimdall's power at this point.
Yeah, a non-serious Kratos who was actively trying to spare his life. The rest of the fight, you bully the little shit.
He was likely referring to Heimdall's Ultra Instinct/Observation Haki ability to dodge anything.
Considering he didn't even bother to ask about the specifics until after that statement, I doubt that's the sole issue here. He just plain looked down on Heimdall lol.

Heimdall was only doing decent when Kratos didn't had killing intent

He was getting his ass kicked in the last cutscene

Yeah but ultimately he just didn't stand a chance when Kratos kept lunging more blows into him and then easily knocked him down to the ground leaving him unable to get back up. Kratos straight up didn't want to kill him at first and held back against him, but when Heimdall said no, he basically committed suicide against him.

Peak Greek Era Kratos >= End of III Base Zeus >= Odin > Ragnarok Kratos = Freya >= Thor = Hercules = Jormugandr >= Ragnarok >>>> Poseidon
I don't think Odin is superior to Ragnarok Kratos. Because he kept his cool throughout the war and never went into rage form. Also I don't understand how Poseidon is below the others

Cause he's trash against Beginning of GOW2 Zeus, who doesn't have any of the crazy boosts he went gaining on the way.

Anyway... I think Poseidon is "at least" as strong as Jormungandr and Thor. Other than that, Kratos was very calm in the final battle and never went into rage form. That's why it would be a little wrong to call it "Odin > Ragnarok Kratos". Because this includes Kratos in rage form to.

Anyway... I think Poseidon is "at least" as strong as Jormungandr and Thor. Other than that, Kratos was very calm in the final battle and never went into rage form. That's why it would be a little wrong to call it "Odin > Ragnarok Kratos". Because this includes Kratos in rage form to.
It doesn't include Bloodlusted Ragnarok Kratos. Bloodlusted Ragnarok Kratos outright scales to his GoW3 Endgame Pre-Hope self.

I don't think Odin is superior to Ragnarok Kratos. Because he kept his cool throughout the war and never went into rage form.
Odin as an overall package scales above Serious Ragnarok Kratos.

Also I don't understand how Poseidon is below the others
Poseidon isn't hot shit compared to the likes of GoW2 Zeus who is already in one-shot territory within his pantheon, and then grows some more.

I don't think Odin is superior to Ragnarok Kratos. Because he kept his cool throughout the war and never went into rage form. Also I don't understand how Poseidon is below the others
The entire revision negates that whole idea that "Bloodlustes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>".

Also, this is based on what? Odin objectively mid-diffs him and Atreus.

Poseidon gets oneshot by pre-Summit of Sacrifice Zeus while everyone there scales or backscales from End of III Zeus, who's far more powerful than his old state.

But what I still don't understand is why Ragnarok is so below on this list? In the prophecies, "Odin and Thor" were fighting together to stop Ragnarok. This at least scales Ragnarok above Jormungandr. In short, I disagree with a few things after Odin. Other than that I agree with serious Ragnarok Kratos and bloodlusted Freya are equal. At least we saw that in-game.

But what I still don't understand is why Ragnarok is so below on this list? In the prophecies, "Odin and Thor" were fighting together to stop Ragnarok. This at least scales Ragnarok above Jormungandr. In short, I disagree with a few things after Odin. Other than that I agree with serious Ragnarok Kratos and bloodlusted Freya are equal. At least we saw that in-game.
Cause the prophecy was mostly a lie and we see Thor stalemate Jormugandr and Ragnarok alone. And like, the gap between them is small anyway so I dunno what you mean by "so low".

In short. This revision more or less kills that weird Super-Saiyan-esque treatment of Kratos' rage we have right now.

The entire revision negates that whole idea that "Bloodlustes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>".

Also, this is based on what? Odin objectively mid-diffs him and Atreus.

Poseidon gets oneshot by pre-Summit of Sacrifice Zeus while everyone there scales or backscales from End of III Zeus, who's far more powerful than his old state.
I agree that Odin is superior to the serious Kratos. But the bloodlusted Ragnarok Kratos(Rage form) is superior to the Odin we see in the game. I claim this.

Cause the prophecy was mostly a lie and we see Thor stalemate Jormugandr and Ragnarok alone. And like, the gap between them is small anyway so I dunno what you mean by "so low".

In short. This revision more or less kills that weird Super-Saiyan-esque treatment of Kratos' rage we have right now.
Ragnarok appears in the battle of Jormungandr and Thor. But to be honest, Ragnarok didn't care much for Thor, and Thor didn't care much for Ragnarok. In fact, as far as we've seen, Thor didn't even attack Ragnarok. The battle was usually fought between Jormungandr and Thor, and Thor used his attacks against Jormungandra, we have witnessed this in many places.

Ragnarok appears in the battle of Jormungandr and Thor. But to be honest, Ragnarok didn't care much for Thor, and Thor didn't care much for Ragnarok. In fact, as far as we've seen, Thor didn't even attack Ragnarok. The battle was usually fought between Jormungandr and Thor, and Thor used his attacks against Jormungandra, we have witnessed this in many places.
You think Ragnarok and Thor just weaved around? I'm legitimately baffled here.

Anyway, speaking generally, so long as people don't try nonsense like, "Kratos just needs to go all out and get bloodlusted to overpower Odin", were gold here.

In the 2v1, Ragnarok did try but fail to hit Thor.

Also, @Planck69, are there any major edits you made to the OP compared to the original version? Just wanna make sure before this CRT gets applied.

You think Ragnarok and Thor just weaved around? I'm legitimately baffled here.
No. I mean the battle is usually between Thor and Jormungandr. So he turned his seriousness to Jormungandr instead of Ragnarok. Just like the war between Baldur and Jormungandr. The reason Baldur didn't scale above Jormungandr was because his main focus was on protecting Kratos and Atreus, not fighting Baldur.

And I didn't claim otherwise. Only general speaking like "Ragnarok Kratos" would include it in rage form(bloodlusted) That's what I meant, but I think you misunderstood me.
No. We wouldn't include him like that by default. We keep those mental states of Kratos separate.

No. I mean the battle is usually between Thor and Jormungandr. So he turned his seriousness to Jormungandr instead of Ragnarok.
There's plenty of time for Ragnarok to be fought against. This is shown by the near end where we see both of them and Thor is just about done cleaning up.

Just like the war between Baldur and Jormungandr. The reason Baldur didn't scale above Jormungandr was because his main focus was on protecting Kratos and Atreus, not fighting Baldur.
WDYM Baldur doesn't scale? He downscales from the snake. Just because you took potshots against the guy doesn't mean it's all null-and-void.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back