• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it's like that
Count Dooku Signature look of superiority Blank Template ...

This isn't even an argument. Kratos objectively lost all the amps and powerups he had throughout GoW 2 and 3. The only reason we have kratos being still of that level is because the devs deem it so and have stated kratos is kratos and is as strong as he's always been.
The same devs that then call Norse Kratos stronger outright?

Idk how the river styx walked its way into this conversation at all or how it remotely applies to Norse Kratos or his statement on thor.
The nerf.

Kratos punching thor legit did nothing, thor was laughing and smiling.
Kratos didn't proceed to land a goddamn volley afterwards, it was just one punch.

Thor scales to any form of kratos, he just lacks the skill and versatility it's really that simple.
Yeah no, then we're just arguing he scales to Hope Kratos, which is just even dumber.

And please don't use the "Abstract" argument, because Fear Zeus would singlehandedly fall under the "felt" category.

Norse Kratos still remembers and went through all the events prior in his life, the statement includes all of those events by default and not conveniently excluding super specific events and people because you want it to.
No, because he already is there while holding back and nerfed. And he made the comparison. Thor made the claim too.

All your arguments revolve around your personal aspirations for wanting to have these characters at some certain level backed by nothing. All Planck is proposing is quite literally scaling thor and Odin off a super inferable and easy to decipher face value statement that means exactly what is stated and dev backed intentions with WoG having Odin vs Zeus being a toss up match. You disagree with these two for your own reasons but have not presented any evidence for why "Thor is GoW 2 tier and has no argument for being higher because of obvious reasons".
I already explained why.

The WoG comparison.

The Styx Nerf which leaves Kratos just as depowered as his Norse self if not worse.

The fact that Kratos is training to gain control of that rage to get his old form back without having to lose himself as much.

The fact that we know for a fact that Bloodlusted Kratos is what truly scales to his Pre-Hope self. Hell, even Planck admits this, he's just talking about the gap not being excessive, you are straight up denying there being a goddamned gap.

Once again, Occams Razor. It's as simple as that.
Once again, he's arguing for the gap to not be as massive as previously perceived, but he's still putting Peak Bloodlusted Kratos above Thor. Just like me.

The fact that we know for a fact that Bloodlusted Kratos is what truly scales to his Pre-Hope self. Hell, even Planck admits this, he's just talking about the gap not being excessive.
This is fine.

I admit there is a gap, but it really shouldn't be so large.

The Zeus-Odin comparison by Word of God only further supports this.

This is fine.

I admit there is a gap, but it really shouldn't be so large.

The Zeus-Odin comparison by Word of God only further supports this.
Obi is straight up denying there being a gap, which at this point I can safely say is not going to fly. AT ALL. The gap is there, and it exists.

The gap's not that large, but it's still decent enough to be a decisive victory for Kratos in terms of physicals alone, barring the AD/RE and the hax.

The gap's not that large, but it's still decent enough to be a decisive victory for Kratos in terms of physicals alone, barring the AD/RE and the hax.
That's fair.

It's just before this CRT, we were going by the notion that Pre-Hope Kratos utterly stomps the people who scale to Pre-Hades Kratos.

Speaking of, if Kratos pre-Hades could one-shot Hades-level people via scaling to GoW2 Zeus, him absorbing Hades really shouldn't have given him that much of an AP boost.

That's fair.

It's just before this CRT, we were going by the notion that Pre-Hope Kratos utterly stomps the people who scale to Pre-Hades Kratos.
Well technically speaking he'd still stomp, just that it wouldn't be a one-shot, but rather an extended bully-fest.

Speaking of, if Kratos pre-Hades could one-shot Hades-level people via scaling to GoW2 Zeus, him absorbing Hades really shouldn't have given him that much of an AP boost.
And somehow it still did. And Kratos was still able to keep up with GoW3 Zeus' boost on his lonesome. It's not like Kratos' own AD/RE just ceased to be, they triggered the moment he busted his ass out of Hades.

That's fair.

It really shouldn't but it boosted his latent growth notably.

That, but also we seemed to assume that the AP gap was also massive.
I mean, it's still technically massive enough to constitute a one-shot, but Kratos didn't do it. He still bullied them to hell and back tho and you don't necessarily need to one-shot to stomp.

Even though I agree with Kratos being somewhat below his pre-Hope self, I think there is still enough (mainly the WoG tweet) to say that Odin is comparable to End of III Zeus.

Odin was clearly above Ragnarok Kratos with his magic.

Even though I agree with Kratos being somewhat below his pre-Hope self, I think there is still enough (mainly the WoG tweet) to say that Odin is comparable to End of III Zeus.

Yeah, that's what the thread is going for. Zeus still has an advantage but it's academic at best.

Overall package? Yeah, albeit still ultimately weaker.

Pure physicals tho? Nah, not even close. We already know Odin isn't the strongest god in his own pantheon physically speaking based on Schiff's interview, that title goes to Thor given that multiple other sources confirm it.

I mean, we don't deny this. Odin with magic is a different beast.

Issue is where Odin falls without it. Like, he's comparable to Ragnarok Kratos in that instance, but still weaker.

me waking up everyday

Well, I took the extra mile and decided to read the entire thread. My personal opinion regarding the entire Norse vs Greek Kratos in power was always that Kratos took until Ragnarok to fully awaken his GoW3 strength, and that's after the first fight with Thor.

However, having seen both points, I think Planck does make sense that the difference shouldn't be that egregiously large.
And so this
Peak Greek Era Kratos >= End of III Base Zeus >= Odin > Ragnarok Kratos = Freya >= Thor = Hercules = Jormugandr >= Ragnarok >>>> Poseidon
Make sense to me.

Peak Greek Era Kratos >= End of III Base Zeus >= Odin > Ragnarok Kratos = Freya >= Thor = Hercules = Jormugandr >= Ragnarok >>>> Poseidon
Not sure if that's physicals-only or overall complete package. Seems to be a mix between the two so I'd like that ironed out first.

Not sure if that's physicals-only or overall complete package. Seems to be a mix between the two so I'd like that ironed out first.
Who, Odin? All of this is overall. But like, it's not like Norse Kratos has magical power to speak of.

Edit: Beyond the standard magical energy that empowers his physical might, to be exact.

Last edited:
Freya's stated to be even with Kratos, on multiple occasions, and is considered a deadly enemy by Odin. That's it.
Ah. Okay then.

I still think the = from Zeus should go, given the whole bloodlusted shenanigans exist and all. Just a simple > would suffice.

Ah. Okay then.

I still think the = from Zeus should go, given the whole bloodlusted shenanigans exist and all. Just a simple > would suffice.
I think ">=" is fine because of the Twitter statement's implications.
Ragnarok >>>> Poseidon
I'm sorry but without Ragnarok being the source of 9-universe Brother King scaling, we need a new 9-universe scaling.

So how about this:

Mjolnir shook the World Tree to its roots.

BoC >> Mjolnir.

And you guys all know the rest.

I'm sorry but without Ragnarok being the source of 9-universe Brother King scaling, we need a new 9-universe scaling.
Ares scaling above Mjolnir is the source of 9 uni scaling for Brother Kings. Like, yeah it's a massive backscale but it's there.

Ares scaling above Mjolnir is the source of 9 uni scaling for Brother Kings.
I know, but the OG Mjolnir scaling was to Ingrid since Ingrid blocked Ragnarok, but the attack by Ragnarok which Ingrid blocked only destroyed 1 realm.

So now the scaling should be Mjolnir-Based (for splintering the WT) instead of Ingrid based.

I know, but the OG Mjolnir scaling was to Ingrid since Ingrid blocked Ragnarok, but the attack by Ragnarok which Ingrid blocked only destroyed 1 realm.

So now the scaling should be Mjolnir-Based (for splintering the WT) instead of Ingrid based.
I mean, they both caused the same kind of damage ultimately and BoC still scales above Mjolnir so...

Ragnarok's attack was held back long enough for them to leave. That same attack deleted a Yggdrasil branch and shook it to its roots.

What Baldur stuff?
Bruno stated that Zeus would murk Baldur, no contest.

That's the kind of concrete-ness we need with this kind of scaling. Just like how we don't take everything Bruno says at face value, especially shit where he says "I think", "I don't think", "probably" or stuff like that. And it'd need to avoid not getting contradicted on top.

Bruno stated that Zeus would murk Baldur, no contest.

That's the kind of concrete-ness we need with this kind of scaling. Just like how we don't take everything Bruno says at face value, especially shit where he says "I think", "I don't think", "probably" or stuff like that. And it'd need to avoid not getting contradicted on top.
2018 GoW gets murked by everyone.

There's no one denying that.

Anyway, I'm in agreement with the overall scale as long as it's End of III Base Zeus > Odin instead of >=, 'cause like, there's not much to go around to put him up as "sorta equal" or neck-and-neck like the Kratos and Thor case here, and Bruno's stuff in this specific case is not conclusive enough.

Anyway, I'm in agreement with the overall scale as long as it's End of III Base Zeus > Odin instead of >=, 'cause like, there's not much to go around to put him up as "sorta equal" or neck-and-neck like the Kratos and Thor case here, and Bruno's stuff in this specific case is not conclusive enough.
Come on, that's not fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back