• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GoW: Demi-god Kratos new possible Immortality

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, when looking at Kratos' profile i realized demi god Kratos doesn't have Immortality, which honestly came to me as weird.

In Gow: Ascension Kratos gets slashed hard enough to drop ridiculous amount of drop from his throat (she slashes him twice just before this happens btw) and yet he is fine during rest of the game. Which fits to the definion of Immortality (Type 2, which is basically survive unsurvivable wounds without needing to get recovered). So yes, basically an extremelly minor addition for Kraytoes.

Yeah I don't think that's a throat slash, else Kratos's throat would've had scars by now.

It just looks like a random uppercut to me drawing a lot of blood, that's it.

Yeah I don't think that's a throat slash, else Kratos's throat would've had scars by now.
I mean almost all of pre-2018 GoW games show very little-to-no cut/scar wounds on characters most of the time. Zeus gets stabbed in his stomach like 315269420 times with Blade of Olympus both in GoW 2 and 3 yet you can't see a scratch on his body.

It just looks like a random uppercut to me drawing a lot of blood, that's it.
Not only the fact that she has ridiculously long nails but the ridiculous amount of blood drawn from Kratos' throat and she clearly doesn't hit Kratos in that way (play the video frame-by-frame). I'm pretty sure that was her slashing Kratos in the throat.

I mean almost all of pre-2018 GoW games shows very little-to-no cut/scar wounds on characters most of the time. Zeus gets stabbed in his stomach like 315269420 times with Olympus blade both in GoW 2 and 3 yet you can't see even a scratch on his body.
Kratos is littered with scars by the end of Ascension because of being tortured. They would've added throat scars to him by then if he really got slashed.

Kratos's most unique wound is that massive stomach wound he has on his stomach.

Zeus straight up heals in GoW2, but ends up with a massive abdominal scar in GoW3.

Kratos and Baldur both suffer many scars and then immediately heal from it

Not only the fact that she has ridiculously long nails but the ridiculous amount of blood drawn from Kratos' throat and she doesn't even make her hand fist when hitting to Kratos (play the video frame-by-frame). I'm pretty sure that was her slashing Kratos in the throat.
Again, it would've left marks on his throat, like all other parts of his bodies do.

Everywhere else he has marks, save for the throat. You'd think they'd add the throat marks too to show slashing but no.
https://imgur.com/a/c4OGlUc
So, Zeus can instantly heal massive-ass wound in his body
God Kratos did it.

yet incapacitated from getting punched to death by Kratos (which only make him spit some blood) in GoW3? Yeah sure
Hope Kratos. Who, you know, one-shots the entire verse?

Chalk it up to cutscene inconsistencies.

Everywhere else he has marks, save for the throat. You'd think they'd add the throat marks too to show slashing but no.
In one of QTEs Kratos stabs Megaera but the wound doesn't show it

Hope Kratos. Who, you know, one-shots the entire verse?
????

Chalk it up to cutscene inconsistencies.
The same thing can be said about Kratos not having a mark on his throat. It doesn't make sense for his throat to burst out blood like that if he wasn't slashes but rather uppercutted

Getting your throat slashed and a giant pillar oppening a hole like a huge-sized bullet to the point of almost ripping you in half ain't the same thing.

Later in GoW 2 he is then at death's door after losing his godly powers and slammed by the Colossus's hands, having suffered massive internal damage (Fatal at that even), something only the Blade of Olympus could now fix (Which of course, as we know, Zeus used to murk Kratos).
He wasn't even a demi-god when this happened, did you forgot; Kratos became demi god from a god because of athena just before fightning with colossus, than also injected all the remained his demi-godly power to the blade? Did you forgot during his fight Kratos was overpowering Colossus, throwing the giant statue around yet after he injected his powers to Blade of Olympus he literally get heavily injured from a slap of it?

Last edited:
Another inconsistency
https://imgur.com/a/SuvgLlx
In most games you wouldn't see projectiles leaving permanent marks being left and would mostly be considered game mech.

The same thing can be said about Kratos not having a mark on his throat. It doesn't make sense for his throat to burst out blood like that if he wasn't slashes but rather uppercutted
Characters in this game burst out unusual amounts of blood just from blunt-force trauma alone. Just chalk it up to being game mech.

Getting your throat slashed and a giant pillar oppening a hole like a huge-sized bullet to the point of almost ripping you in half ain't the same thing.
Except... he's not getting his throat slashed?

He wasn't even a demi-god when this happened, did you forgot; Kratos became demi god from a god because of athena just before fightning with colossus,
First off, it was Zeus who depowered Kratos, and Kratos was 100% mortal after he drained his powers fully into the Blade. Gaia herself states this when Kratos emerges battered and bloodied. He had drained all his godly powers into the sword.

than also injected all the remained his demi-godly power to the blade?
Eh, no? There is no such evidence that indicates he sacrificed his demigod powers into the blade and became an ordinary human, because we know that Kratos wouldn't even have his ashes or tattoos left as per Chains of Olympus.

Did you forgot during his fight Kratos was overpowering Colossus, throwing the giant statue around yet after he injected his powers to Blade of Olympus he literally get heavily injured from a slap of it?
Uhhhhhh... you do realize that he did all of that with the BoO, right? AFTER HE DRAINED ALL HIS REMAINING GODLY POWERS INTO THE BLADE. He literally wasn't using his Blades of Athena anymore.

Another inconsistency
There is more

In most games you wouldn't see projectiles leaving permanent marks being left and would mostly be considered game mech.
I wasn't talking about Kratos' arrows, that part is obviously game mechanics. I'm talking about the part where Kratos bare-handed beats the shit out of Zeus

First off, it was Zeus who depowered Kratos
I accidently said Athena. But yeah you're right

and Kratos was 100% mortal after he drained his powers fully into the Blade
Uhhh yeah? I already said he lost all his powers after he put his powers into BoO

Eh, no? There is no such evidence that indicates he sacrificed his demigod powers into the blade and became an ordinary human

wouldn't even have his ashes or tattoos left as per Chains of Olympus.
This could just be a retcon. I imagine the devs didn't think to increase the lore and plot in the literally second game.

Uhhhhhh... you do realize that he did all of that with the BoO, right? AFTER HE DRAINED ALL HIS REMAINING GODLY POWERS INTO THE BLADE. He literally wasn't using his Blades of Athena anymore.
Kratos overpowers Colossus, throwing the statue hundreds of feet away before injecting his powers to the blade

We don't assume retcons cause we dont like a fact, what? Especially when the novels that came out after the trilogy concluded re-affirm it and the developers have gone on record to say they avoid them whenever possible.

This is a lot of back-and-forth to justify something that happens in most video games as a mechanic.

I wasn't talking about Kratos' arrows, that part is obviously game mechanics. I'm talking about the part where Kratos bare-handed beats the shit out of Zeus
You mean the part where they're still equals? This isn't where he punches Zeus to death, this literally makes Zeus rebound because of his crazy-ass AD. Zeus gets definitively beat to death after Kratos obtains Hope.

• Zeus takes parts of his godly powers and puts it into the colossus, turning Kratos into demi god and making the statue alive (with soldiers even referencing that he had still some of his godly powers)
Kratos isn't Demigod level in strength yet, if anything, the last bit of his godly powers before he drains them returns him back to the strength level he was when he bested Ares, right before he drains it all and doesn't have that even, the Kratos that yeets the Colossus to the other side is unquantifiably stronger than that (As this is moments before he has drained almost all of his power, and that statement is for when he retained the very last parts of his godhood). He's still Low 1-C here, not High 6-A to 4-A.

Okay? He's no longer Low 1-C after this.

This could just be a retcon. I imagine the devs didn't think to increase the lore and plot in the literally second game.
Yeah no, Planck said what needed to be said here. We don't assume retcons happen just because you don't like it. Hell, even Bruno (One of the lead animation directors at SSM who oversees how the fights go down in the GoW games) doesn't agree with the concept of retcons.

Also, Chains of Olympus came out a mere year after GoW2 (Both games were being developed simultaneously). The Atlas bit in the GoW2 Manual was a spoiler pertaining to what came next. The devs literally had first-hand knowledge of the lore by then. This is such a nonsensical take.

And yeah, I don't think I have to mention that the novels literally make your "retcon" argument null and void.

He is still Low 1-C here, AKA God level, he's still unquantifiably stronger than when he killed Ares.

Last edited:
I think that's enough disagreement for this thread to be considered rejected.

@Planck69 If you would be so kind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back