• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peak Greek Era Kratos >= End of III Base Zeus >= Odin > Ragnarok Kratos = Freya >= Thor = Hercules = Jormugandr >= Ragnarok >>>> Poseidon
Not necessarily relevant to the thread but just out of curiosity, where would characters like Garm and Nidhogg fit in this chain?

Not necessarily relevant to the thread but just out of curiosity, where would characters like Garm and Nidhogg fit in this chain?
Nidhogg is definitely on the higher end of Norse scaling, since it took both Kratos and Freya to match and beat her.

Garm should be similar since Kratos struggled a lot.

Nidhogg would be somewhat higher than Ragnarok Kratos and Freya individually, seeing as it took both of them to beat her and she was only killed via durability negating powers.

Garm would be relative to Ragnarok Kratos.

Nidhogg would be somewhat higher than Ragnarok Kratos and Freya individually, seeing as it took both of them to beat her and she was only killed via durability negating powers.
While not wrong per se, Nidhogg was legitimately unable to keep up with their combined might as Obi said, and Nidhogg tried to actually bail out, which is where she meets her unfortunate end. Given enough time, she'd be clapped regardless.

While not wrong per se, Nidhogg was legitimately unable to keep up with their combined might as Obi said, and Nidhogg tried to actually bail out, which is where she meets her unfortunate end. Given enough time, she'd be clapped regardless.
True, but Kratos was struggling, and even with Freya Nidhogg put up a hell of a fight.

True, but Kratos was struggling, and even with Freya Nidhogg put up a hell of a fight.
Nidhogg was the one struggling to make ends meet. At best, she was more or less even.

When Freya came into the fray tho, the battle became lopsided in their favor. Nidhogg only managed to put up a fight for a short period, and then was being consistently overwhelmed as the fight went on, forcing her to do run-and-gun tactics, and when even that failed, she attempted to bail altogether, ending up getting ripped apart by her own tear.

She's about even with Kratos or Freya individually. Seeing as she held her own, pinned him with her jaws etc.

My question is what about Heimdall
He's fodder now.

But seriously, between his performance against Kratos' largely being carried by his Foresight then Realm Shifts, as well as the "gods greater than him" statement, he's likely going to be around the level of next-gen Olympians like Ares and Athena, whom upscale from Mjolnir by its lonesome.

How tf everybody upscale from the strongest norse weapon?
A combination of the weapon being inferior to the Blades of Chaos which leads to funny shit like, "random magical gears > Mjolnir" and the fact that it's not considered even with Thor on its own, seeing as its greatest ability is to compound his power (notice how it's only his blows with Mjolnir in hand that stagger Valor Kratos, same as Hercules only being able to do that with his Nemean Cesti).

Are there any other methods of scaling to the tree that doesn't involve idk... SCALING TO MJOLNIR???
The people with actual feats of affecting Yggdrasil and/or the Nine Realms are;
  • Odin
  • Thor
  • Garm
  • Nidhogg
  • Jormugandr
  • Ragnarok
  • Ymir
So, not really I'm afraid. All of the above are either unquantifiable on the scale (Ymir) or relative to God-Kings. So, we work with what we have.

He's fodder now.

But seriously, between his performance against Kratos' largely being carried by his Foresight then Realm Shifts, as well as the "gods greater than him" statement, he's likely going to be around the level of next-gen Olympians like Ares and Athena, whom upscale from Mjolnir by its lonesome.
Maybe he could scale to Base Atreus?

A combination of the weapon being inferior to the Blades of Chaos which leads to funny shit like, "random magical gears > Mjolnir" and the fact that it's not considered even with Thor on its own, seeing as its greatest ability is to compound his power (notice how it's only his blows with Mjolnir in hand that stagger Valor Kratos, same as Hercules only being able to do that with his Nemean Cesti).

• Odin
  • Thor
  • Garm
  • Nidhogg
  • Jormugandr
  • Ragnarok
  • Ymir
So, not really I'm afraid. All of the above are either unquantifiable on the scale (Ymir) or relative to God-Kings. So, we work with what we have.
So... I think Kratos will get into these as well. For the reasons I told you, but I guess it won't be accepted.

• Odin
  • Thor
  • Garm
  • Nidhogg
  • Jormugandr
  • Ragnarok
  • Ymir
In short, Yggdrasil fodder.

You also forgot Freya ripping apart the Yggdrasil roots holding her curse.

In short, Yggdrasil fodder.

You also forgot Freya ripping apart the Yggdrasil roots holding her curse.
That too, though I suppose I could see people make a fuss about their size. I just listed the most blatant feats.

That too, though I suppose I could see people make a fuss about their size. I just listed the most blatant feats.
Couldn't care less about what people think on that front, they make a fuss about GoW, its feats and cosmology as a whole.

He's fodder now.

I don't think its the best idea to use That statament since Kratos didn't seen baldur yet but ares level seems about fine

I don't think its the best idea to use That statament since Kratos didn't seen baldur yet but ares level seems about fine
Yet when they met, Kratos pwns him while not even trying to kill him, so I believe there's merit to it.

But yeah, Heimdall ~ Ares, Athena and co.

So shouldn't he scale to Base Atreus if he packed him up?
He scales above him but Heimdall has Olympian scaling now anyway. So, Atreus would be < that.
Have you applied the new scaling chain edits that I had proposed?
I will but it's not as though I can post a scaling chain to the profiles. Don't worry, your Daddy Zeus will still scale a smidgen above Odin -_-.
I mean he hurt Odin...
He's rather inconsistent beyond generally being "god level".

Could someone please remind me how Heimdall scales to Ares/Athena?

I mean, besides being superior to Base Atreus who downscales from Odin.

Could we use Kratos's journal statement of him being a formidable foe to help determine his scaling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back