• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ascended Athena Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not disproving why she won't grant the resistance instead of a sketchy assumption that her power is immeasurable, and hence Kratos could not detect it.
Why would not the reason be that she got resistance to his already feat, and hence he can't detect it.
(Continuing the argument of the post) Actually, the basis of your reasoning lacks support from any existing evidence, whereas what I am suggesting is that Kratos has already demonstrated the feat. My interpretation relies on a more grounded approach rather than assuming that "Kratos could not detect her power since it is immeasurable.
Because there is absolutely no narrative reason for Athena to have resistance to Kratos' powers when her being of a higher level of existence with higher power is far too much for Kratos to even fathom or come to terms with. That is literally the simplest explanation one can give you.
Aha, but there is also no narrative reason that the reason Kratos could not detect it is that the power is immeasurable, either. Why would your interpretation be more valid? At least explain it.

Unless there is narrative context, then give it because this is all I am asking for and I will concede.
What are you even talking about, Dread? Speak sense or stop derailing with such silly assumptions that don't make sense to begin with.
I guess the real higher power was the information analysis resistance we got along the way.
Thanks for irony, no, I was responding to one of your reasons you used to give her 5D.
  • Her power is no longer measurable by Kratos, who can see through everything from the power of artefacts to the nature of beings that slip between the sheets of reality.
Yet no proof of this at all.

(Continuing the argument of the post) Actually, the basis of your reasoning lacks support from any existing evidence, whereas what I am suggesting is that Kratos has already demonstrated the feat. My interpretation relies on a more grounded approach rather than assuming that "Kratos could not detect her power since it is immeasurable.

Aha, but there is also no narrative reason that the reason Kratos could not detect it is that the power is immeasurable, either. Why would your interpretation be more valid? At least explain it.

Thanks for irony, no, I was responding to one of your reasons you used to give her 5D.

Yet no proof of this at all.
No, your interpretation is full on headcanon.
Athena is from a higher existence and kratos couldn't detect her.
Full on stop.

Kratos can't discern any difference in her new state. He even comments that "you still appear to be an Olympian" in direct response to her saying she ascended.

He'd be able to tell said difference if he could sense her magic and its strength as per usual. That's the observation of the scene. Something anyone can tell you if they watch it.

It's not stated because it's self-evident.

Kratos can't discern any difference in her new state. He even comments that "you still appear to be an Olympian" to him in direct response to her saying she ascended.
Why would he imply in terms of power? It is more he could not detect the difference in appearance, which she later explained that looks can be deceiving.
He'd be able to tell said difference if he could sense her magic and it'd strength as per usual. That's the observation of the scene. Something anyone can tell you if they watch it.
Wait, if I am not missing anything, why would appearance relate to the magic and power or be equivalent to?

Why would he imply in terms of power?
Because his information analysis can be better used for it's intended purposes rather than ogling at his dead half sister.

They got over it.

Wait, if I am not missing anything, why would appearance relate to the magic and power or be equivalent to?
Skill Issue identified :- Can't read between lines.

He can see people's power, their magic and abilities. Said magic is a universal energy system that's responsible for all attributes, physical or otherwise, in the series.

Despite this, he never senses her coming up behind him nor can he discern any of her power or magics anymore like with the Spear of Destiny or Revenants, even with the latter being able to hide behind reality and the former being one of the most powerful weapons in creation.

From the point of contact, Kratos is surprised by near everything she can do despite normally being able to see the powers of objects far beyond him, such as when he sensed and felt the Destiny Spear's power over fate and his soul despite being a Tier 4 demigod and that power being able to affect space-time continuums.

Could not be that when she ascended to higher existence, she grants resistance to information analysis because the dimensionality of the ability is 4D or 3D?
Could be a good argument that you can't detect or hax her unless the dimensionality of said ability is equivalent to her HDE?

Could not be that when she ascended to higher existence, she grants resistance to information analysis because the dimensionality of the ability is 4D or 3D?
Could be a good argument that you can't detect or hax her unless the dimensionality of said ability is equivalent to her HDE?
Kratos was a 3-D demigod when he could sense the power of weapons and beings that could command fate to a high enough degree to cause the merge and destruction of realities on a whim.

Every 10 of your posts that I see, 3 are saying that the skill is HDE

Kratos was a 3-D demigod when he could sense the power of weapons and beings that could command fate to a high enough degree to cause the merge and destruction of realities on a whim.
My point is, that she could gather side advantages for being HDE which includes preventing any ability that have lower dimensionality than hers.
I am presuming, I don't know if there is any anti-feats to what I am saying.

At this point I am thoroughly convinced that Dread is bringing nothing new to the discussion and bringing up arguments that simply do not make sense logically speaking or narratively speaking at any cohesive level whatsoever and are shifting to topics beyond the scope of OP. As such, I am kindly going to ask y'all to refrain from asking such derailing comments from this point forwards as we have seen enough back-and-forth regarding the petty semantics of the abilities involved in this CRT, and I will now kindly ask everyone to merely wait for staff approval.

My point is, that she could gather side advantages for being HDE which includes preventing any ability that have lower dimensionality than hers.
But we already proved her AP scales to her level of existence.

I don't see any part of my comments to be derailing as long as it is within the scope of the thread's relevance.

Not related to what she's asking right now, not like it matters, her question is in of itself, derailing.
Seems odd since the one who brought the point is Planck, and I am simply questioning his claim and the reasons why it would be valid.

I dunno about you but I feel that her just being too powerful for him to sense requires less assumptions than Athena pocketing random resistances via ascending to a higher plane.

I dunno about you but I feel that her just being too powerful for him to sense requires less assumptions than Athena pocketing random resistances via ascending to a higher plane.
My reasoning is that HDE do allow those type of side advantages while range of his ability requires more assumption. Specially we are relying on our interpretation in a visual feat.

And my last question is, does this indeed bring inconsistencies/anti-feats? If not, I don't see how it is invalid.

My reasoning is that HDE do allow those type of side advantages while range of his ability requires more assumption. Specially we are relying on our interpretation in a visual feat.
I disagree with your reasoning, like Planck said, simply assuming that Athena got far too OP for Kratos to make heads and tails out of is the much simpler interpretation that is far more in line with the game's narrative as a whole. Yours just takes more extra steps to take that assumption to be put into effect.

I disagree with your reasoning, like Planck said, simply assuming that Athena got far too OP for Kratos to make heads and tails out of is the much simpler interpretation that is far more in line with the game's narrative as a whole. Yours just takes more extra steps to take that assumption to be put into effect.
But does it bring any ?
inconsistencies/anti-feats? If not, I don't see how it is invalid.

Why are you talking about inconsistencies and anti-feats here? How the **** are they relevant in this part where narrative is the main key to proving this whole case?
You mean visual narrative? Ya sure, I think those are valid to be discussed if my interpretation is not indeed inconsistent or contradicted in-verse. So instead of dodging my question, simply answer it if there is indeed, so I can concede that it can't be by any chance.
You’re wrong. All the pantheons are mere planets. Every realm is an island or country. God of War is not tier 2.

I agree.
Welcome back to the community

Dimensionality has never given resistances though.

And my last question is, does this indeed bring inconsistencies/anti-feats? If not, I don't see how it is invalid.

It doesn't but neither does the latter case. Heck, neither does 1-A Athena. That being said, lacking issues isn't proof of being legitimate.

Dimensionality has never given resistances though.
Pseudo-Invulnerability: Due to the additional axis spatially inherent to them, higher-dimensional objects are comprised of more information than what can normally be described in lower-dimensional spaces, and thus may only be capable of interacting with them through lower-dimensional "slices" or cross-sections of their bodies.
It doesn't but neither does the latter case. Heck, neither does 1-A Athena. That being said, lacking issues isn't proof of being legitimate.
So my interpretation is not invalid. Alright noted. We can move on.

So let me get this straight this are the arguments for Athena
1. She was stated to have ascended to a higher plane
2. She was said to have power beyond anyone in the verse
3. Kratos could not measure her power level

Did I miss anything?

Did I miss anything?
All stated in the OP. You can check and check the sources.

Did I miss anything?
Read the OP because there is more.

Nine Realms are low 2-C structures for having different flows of time and shit like that, then you have the bifrost which "transends" everything inside the realms and Realms themselves are nothing more than little structures on infinite branches on the yggdrasil. Each branch "transending" space and time altogether to the point that it's meaningless to the yggdrasil. And yet, Athena is even beyond that, more specifically, on a "higher plain of existence".

I did and I did not find anything else, so please point me to the other points

Here are our arguments (I say arguments, more so back-and-forth).

Won't blame ya if ya can't read all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back