• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gluttony (Now Consumption) Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Type 1, it has to be a significant amount of food. It's an ability and not just a regular human, so being able to eat a few bowls of noodles isn't something that'll give you Consumption.

I doubt it can be easily qualified so it might be taken on a case by case basis.

Does it need to be in actual combat? Not really.

If it needs to be quantified, then maybe more than the most that a person irl has ever eaten?
Would being able to for example downing 10 gallons of wine count as that?

Of course wth who did that????
Beholders from D&D
I need to revise the page (But that'll come idfk when because my God is my draft messy and said new page would be one of the longest pages on site), but yah they can down 10 gallons of alchohal and enjoy it since due to their shit taste sense they can only register strong taste

Also for type 2 maybe also mention how eating decent amounts of material that humans can't consume also counts?
Say you have someone burrow underground via eating the ground, it technically doesn't count for inedible objects since you can eat dirt so

I would say it's own tier and gets divided since people can eat normal food and get some benefits but not neccessarily be able to eat other energy supplies, plus there are people who can get their benefits from just one food system [like slayers who can get benefits but from only eating magic or the elements they control]
So a type 4, with sub types.
It would go like this
Type 4: users can consume 'food' to get benefits such as healing, getting stronger etc.
And there are multiple types. Type A: users can get benefits from eating a special type of food that's directed to their genetics.
Type B: users can eat any type of food and get benefits
Type C : useds can eat specific type of foods and get specific benefit [Like the pig from SD7 who can eat animals and get specific benefits, or some can eat fire, water etc...and get the ability to manipulate/resistance to fire, water...]
Do you have any wording for these?

I agree.

Speaking of, would Black Clover characters get this ability too? They usually need to eat quite a bit of food to restore their mana. (Apologies if it has already been brought up)

I agree.

Speaking of, would Black Clover characters get this ability too? They usually need to eat quite a bit of food to restore their mana. (Apologies if it has already been brought up)
(You're fine, it hasn't been brought up) Ehh wouldn't work. It's not like they eat crazy amounts of food, it's just eating a decent amount to restore mana, and because they're in a rush they do it fast

Will Ghouls such as kaneki qualify for type 4 since Ghouls can amp thier Physical stats and regan by consuming either humans or other ghouls

Actually

Consuming living things and spirits, how would that work? Type 2?

Actually

Consuming living things and spirits, how would that work? Type 2?
Nothing special about consuming living things unless the character receive some sort of amps from it which will qualify for type 4 it can also qualify for type 1 if an significant amount of living beings are consumed

Consuming ghosts and spirits should qualify for type 2

Nothing special about consuming living things unless the character receive some sort of amps from it which will qualify for type 4 it can also qualify for type 1 if an significant amount of living beings are consumed

Consuming ghosts and spirits should qualify for type 2
Eating human beings is type 1.
Eating ghosts and spirits is type 2 since they aren't really food

Unless it's done in an significant amount and in a relatively short period of time it's nothing
Yes agree, obviously eating just one human in a long period of time while getting no benefits is just...well nothing

Do you want titles for type A,B, and C?
I hope I haven't misunderstood your question, if I do mind explaining what do you mean by wording?
I meant like how did you want it to be phrased on the page?

I have a fix for it already though. Updated the page.
Screen_Shot_2021-10-01_at_1.34.25_PM.png

I need more examples though.

I meant like how did you want it to be phrased on the page?

I have a fix for it already though. Updated the page.
Screen_Shot_2021-10-01_at_1.34.25_PM.png

I need more examples though.
What you have showed Me is perfect in my opinion.
also maybe just putting food will lead people to assume it's only organic and it has bio-mass.
for type C, instead of food, we can do something like
"users can eat organic food or any source of energy and get special benefits tied to that source of food"
or purhaps we should explain what do we mean by food
perhaps something like this?
food : An energy sources found naturally [or unnaturally] in the universe, which serves thmain purppose of relinquishing someones hunger and give them a slight boost of energy in order to preform tasks or as a need to continue's someone's survival. Users of consumption have unique ability that isn't presented in anyone, were they can eat 'food' in ways that doesn't surve the original purpose of 'food'.

tell me what you think of it

What you have showed Me is perfect in my opinion.
also maybe just putting food will lead people to assume it's only organic and it has bio-mass.
for type C, instead of food, we can do something like
"users can eat organic food or any source of energy and get special benefits tied to that source of food"
or purhaps we should explain what do we mean by food
perhaps something like this?
food : An energy sources found naturally [or unnaturally] in the universe, which serves thmain purppose of relinquishing someones hunger and give them a slight boost of energy in order to preform tasks or as a need to continue's someone's survival. Users of consumption have unique ability that isn't presented in anyone, were they can eat 'food' in ways that doesn't surve the original purpose of 'food'.

tell me what you think of it
Ehh food doesn't need to be explained.

Type C: Users can get specific benefits from eating organic foods, specific objects, or any source of energy. Eating one species might give you Fire Manipulation while eating another could give Regeneration. This differs from organism to organism.

Ehh food doesn't need to be explained.

Type C: Users can get specific benefits from eating organic foods, specific objects, or any source of energy. Eating one species might give you Fire Manipulation while eating another could give Regeneration. This differs from organism to organism.
I see
And yup that sounds perfect.
I think just calling them A,B,C sounds...slightly weird.
Type A: special consumption [Since its special to one's biological structure. ]
Type B: Omnivorous consumption [Since they can eat anything to relinquish thier hunger, boost their physical attributes and boost their stamina]
Type C: Rare consumptio.
The names doesn't Mean much.
For A I think Godzilla could fit too [Since he get energy from a special element , radiation, it also boosts his power so it works well.]
For B: I think luffy? [He can heal from eating any type food so it could work?]
For C: maybe rimuru could work too? Dragon slayers work too [They can eat magic get magical attributes, like when natsu ate lighting and got the ability to manipulate lightning, but I could be wrong. They also work for type A, since they get stronger after eating a special electric, magic]

I see
And yup that sounds perfect.
I think just calling them A,B,C sounds...slightly weird.
Type A: special consumption [Since its special to one's biological structure. ]
Type B: Omnivorous consumption [Since they can eat anything to relinquish thier hunger, boost their physical attributes and boost their stamina]
Type C: Rare consumptio.
The names doesn't Mean much.
For A I think Godzilla could fit too [Since he get energy from a special element , radiation, it also boosts his power so it works well.]
For B: I think luffy? [He can heal from eating any type food so it could work?]
For C: maybe rimuru could work too? Dragon slayers work too [They can eat magic get magical attributes, like when natsu ate lighting and got the ability to manipulate lightning, but I could be wrong. They also work for type A, since they get stronger after eating a special electric, magic]
Type A - Biological Consumption
Type B - Omnivorous Consumption
Type C - Specific Consumption

I've added your suggestions outside of the Fairy Tail ones

Last edited:
An off-set point!
type 4, seeing how it deals with eating stuff but quite different than tte other 3 types, a friend of mine suggested making it it's own power, seperated from gluttony [and since type 4 has soo many sub types, it's better to separate the two] but that's just a suggestion.

This seems redundant. I'm not sure I'm seeing what makes it different from Absorption. Can you explain the differences more?

This seems redundant. I'm not sure I'm seeing what makes it different from Absorption. Can you explain the differences more?
Its goal is to split up Absorption, as it's too broad and this would be a subsection of it. Most people use absorption for anything involving consuming into the body.

Type 1 is just for people with a supernatural eating capability.

Type 2 is the one most similar to absorption, it's eating inedible objects.

Type 3 is the ones who transfer food/items to different spaces/pocket realities/dimensions.

Type 4 goes hand in hand with the previous types and elaborates the limits on what can be consumed, and the specific buffs from each branch of consumption.

Its goal is to split up Absorption, as it's too broad and this would be a subsection of it. Most people use absorption for anything involving consuming into the body.

Type 1 is just for people with a supernatural eating capability.

Type 2 is the one most similar to absorption, it's eating inedible objects.

Type 3 is the ones who transfer food/items to different spaces/pocket realities/dimensions.

Type 4 goes hand in hand with the previous types and elaborates the limits on what can be consumed, and the specific buffs from each branch of consumption.
I don't really see the need to do that. I'm not a fan of splitting up abilities into types. I think Absorption is enough on its own, and any nuances should be explained on the character page itself, as there will never be any true universal workings of an ability so we shouldn't try to force them into such confines at all, we'll just end up with conflict.

So count me as disagree.

I find this power to be the combination of few other powers: in general Gluttony is a more mundane way of Absorption, type 2 is Non-Physical Interaction, type 3 is Pocket Reality Creation, and type 4 conditioned Empowerment. If any, I would approve the part where someone can conventionally eat a great amount of food or whatever and not increase their weight, in which case I would call Accelerated Metabolism and in that way cover a few other things (like reducing the duration of diseases and poisons); but as written, Gluttony is basically a conditional Absorption with few other powers.

I don't really see the need to do that. I'm not a fan of splitting up abilities into types. I think Absorption is enough on its own, and any nuances should be explained on the character page itself, as there will never be any true universal workings of an ability so we shouldn't try to force them into such confines at all, we'll just end up with conflict.

So count me as disagree.
Alright, thanks for the insight, I appreciate the assistance

Neutral on the ability. Don’t care if the ability gets added but I also don’t see how it’s any different from absorption aside from it being a worse version.

Last edited:
Yeah, for the reasons above now I disagree on this being a required power, it just overlaps with other powers and overall isn't needed for indexing purposes.

Would it be better to just add extra information to the Absorption page instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back