• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gluttony (Now Consumption) Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant like how did you want it to be phrased on the page?

I have a fix for it already though. Updated the page.
Screen_Shot_2021-10-01_at_1.34.25_PM.png

I need more examples though.
Rimuru works to all examples

I agree with this, although I think dividing it in types is unnecessary.

I think it differs from absorption because includes characters who can swallow objects and else without actually digesting or, well, absorbing them, but also because absorption itself feels off, at least to me, when applied to characters who just eat.

Ok, I will try to put my vision here on how this power should be categorized to diferenciate from powers like absorpition

The first should focus in consume things without a vastle benefit in short time, like, a character that can It larges amonts of food, they don't gain anything from it(like incrise in mass for combat, especial powers, etc) this would help diferenciate from absorpition beacuse absorpition focus in ganing something in doing so, altrough I don't say It should not give anithing to de user whem cosuming, I will try to do my "types" here to explain better

type 1 - Glutonic consumption:
Characters that can consume larges amounts of food in short periods of time, this can be acomplished by simply eating very fast or eating big amounts of food in one go
Ex: : Monkey D. Luffy and Charlotte Linlin (One Piece), Majin Buu and Son Goku (Dragon Ball), Toriko (Toriko)

type 2 - Inorganic consumpittion:
Characters that also/only can consume inorganic material in short periods of time in a similar maner that type 1
Ex: Dragon, God, and Devil Slayers (Fairy Tail), Wapol (One Piece), Upchuck and Eatle (Ben 10), Characters from Godzilla

benefits:
-Characters that have this ability can have resistence to poisons, disiases, radiation and other abilities by being able to consume food and other things that emits this effects without problens
Ex: SCP-524 (scp foundation) and Pig God(one punch-man)
-Characters can have It's mass incrissed in a shor amount of time, but will cause problens like nausea or significant reduction in mobility
ex: Agar.io cell's(Agar.Io), Pikachu(Pokemon anime)
-The consumped thing can be used as a atack by being shoot from inside the eater
Ex: Upchuck and Eatle (Ben 10)

disadvantages:
-Characters with this ability can be only imune to this things whem directly eating them
-Characters can have be almosty uneble to fight after consuming big quantities of substance
-Characters may need time to digest the consumped thing after can have It's effects show
-Can be not usable in combat

Itryed to think ways to put The old type 3 and 4, but I think was to similar to other abilitys(in the case of 3 being just other type of poket dimension and hammerspace) or just to expecific to be usefull(in case of number 4, is just a way of expecifing how to activate some powers, like, kirby would use it to activate his copy abilits, but see someone like Mario that just tuches a fire flower to gain the ability to shoot fire balls, is just to expecific in that case for my liking)

well, that my opinion on that abilyt, should be less focus In what the cahracter gains for eating and more in he can eat

Using the exemple in the sandbox we have:

SCP-524 is a type 1 and 2

SCP-682 Is a type 1(survived eating from SCP-807)

Pig God is a type 1 and 2

Pikachu(anime) is a type 1

The Player(Agar.io) can be a Type 1 if you strech enough, but is probable better to stay it in absorption only

Some animals form The Real Word should should have Type 1 as well... probably

Kirby was mentioned, but I don't see any King Dedede

Specimen 4 can eat a adult man whole, so... Tipy 1

Galactus can eat entire Planets and is always hungry... so Type 1 and 2?

Garfield is a Type 1

Shaggy is a Type 1 as well, but Scooby is a type 1 and 4S thanks to "Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!" animation

Chowder is a Type 1, 2 (my boy can even eat the episode) and 4S (some foods give him power, like Brain Grub)

Zombies from Plants vs Zombies are type 1 for being able to eat entire Laws worth of plants and type 2 in PvZ 2 for being able to eat Wall nuts using iron armor and robots whem hipinotized, Chowpers could also have It, but they don't have a profile so whatever

Lilo & Stitch must have experiments that fit this power

Mordecai Completed the eggcelent chalenge and Muscle man won multiple eating competitions in his life, so type 1 for both

Earl of Lemongrab (Original) ate its entire and several lemon citizens(what a monster)

King Ramses loctus should have type 1 and 2(they ate a good chunk of the Bagger's home, which includes multiple metal objects and other inorganic materials)

The following pokemons should have Type 1: Everyone who has the ability "gluttony"

The following pokemons should have Type 1 and 2: Snorlax

thats it, I'm going to sleep

Neo from Toriko should have all types of consumption. He consumed planets and ate stars, eventually culminating to the point of devouring all the galaxies in the blue universe. Then he consumed millions of planets in the red universe. He eats energy attacks, he has biological consumption, his stomach is an entire dimension as vast as the universe, his appetite negates regeneration and resurrection, he can eat non-corporeal things like Food Luck, he ate Don Slime's spirit form which was invisible and intangible, he eats disasters, he ate the energy of Don Slime's meteor impact and the explosion of a dying star (supernova), he swallowed the Mother Snake's digestive juices which can dissolve all sorts of matter, he ate Jirou's planetary grand Knocking and he consumed a planet bigger than Jupiter all by himself.

Last edited:
Pretty much all Toriko characters would have Types 1 and 4. Characters who ate ANOTHER and got its bonuses would also get Type 2 since it gave them the ability to eat inedible objects. And NEO would have all types.

Nope, unfortunately this got smacked in the face

Plus necro, so closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back