• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gluttony (Now Consumption) Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
A new page for Gluttony.

Pretty simple.

Certain people can counter those who create mass amounts of food by eating mass amounts of food themselves.

Some people get stronger by eating it.

It's good to draw a line between this and absorption.

A suggestion brought below is this
I maybe have a suggestion for type 1:
in order to qualify for it, one has to eat 1/3 of their total body weight in less than 15 minutes
or some thing like that or perhaps
in order to qualify for it, one has to eat 12 kg of food in less than 15 minutes [The numbers are arbitrary and just for example].
or eat massive amount of food [at least 4 kg] in one go
there is a type but I'm not sure were to put it
type ??? : users of this ability can eat 'food' [raging from type 1 aka normal food, and type 2 elements, energy] in order to heal injuries, enhance their physical abilities.
it's difference as people from type 1 can eat alot of food but gain nothing besides relinquishing their hunger.
Thus it could be more or a sub type.
Like type 1: etc...sub type: etc...
And type 2: etc....sub type: etc..

Agreed: Damage3245, KieranH10, Colonel_Krukov, DemonGodMitchAubin, SamanPatou (Disagrees with splitting into types)
Disagreed: Ogbunabali
Neutral: Theglassman12
Partial: Antoniofer

Last edited:
The examples I added were people who actually get stronger and such or have an alternate amp while eating, so Shaggy and Scooby, Goku and Buu, Big Mom, and others, sorry

Type 1: Characters who can eat an unnatural amount of food

Type 2: Characters who can absorb elements, energy, etc.

Type 3: Characters who send food to pocket dimensions

Is this a nice addition?

I was gonna do something like this in the future.
I agree with the ability to supernaturally Eat or consume stuff being a thing.

I think the image could be bit better, I believe an example such as Upchuck, Kirby, or Yoshi would be much better, as the current one is literally just some popular characters eating, not really supernaturally.

I also believe that "Consumption", "Supernatural Consumption", or something similar would be a better name than Gluttony.

I was gonna do something like this in the future.
I agree with the ability to supernaturally Eat or consume stuff being a thing.
Thanks!
I think the image could be bit better, I believe an example such as Upchuck, Kirby, or Yoshi would be much better, as the current one is literally just some popular characters eating, not really supernaturally.
kirby-eat.gif

How's this?
I also believe that "Consumption", "Supernatural Consumption", or something similar would be a better name than Gluttony.
Consumption does sound like a better name, supernatural is kinda redundant

I thought this was a rimuru CRT, but this also would apply to rimuru, so, whatever, agreed
Type 1: Characters who can eat an unnatural amount of food

Type 2: Characters who can absorb elements, energy, etc.

Type 3: Characters who send food to pocket dimensions
Isnt 2 just absorption?

I thought this was a rimuru CRT, but this also would apply to rimuru, so, whatever, agreed

Isnt 2 just absorption?
Could be (which is why I had it as a subset of absorption), but it's still eating, just not in the conventional sense of absorption

Type 2 could be worded better, as it does sound like such. Perhaps "Characters who can eat unnatural resources or substances"

Side note: I think Yoshi is also a worthwhile addition to the examples.

I'm concerned on where to draw the line between this ability and Absorption, as I'm sure this'll start to be redundandly indexed alongside it otherwise.

I'm concerned on where to draw the line between this ability and Absorption, as I'm sure this'll start to be redundandly indexed alongside it otherwise.
Absorption needs to be split up, because not all absorption is food consumption, and not all food consumption is absorption.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anymore examples for Type 3?

How much does someone have to eat? Or does it have to be in actual combat?
For Type 1, it has to be a significant amount of food. It's an ability and not just a regular human, so being able to eat a few bowls of noodles isn't something that'll give you Consumption.

I doubt it can be easily qualified so it might be taken on a case by case basis.

Does it need to be in actual combat? Not really.

If it needs to be quantified, then maybe more than the most that a person irl has ever eaten?

Type 1 are characters like luffy, who eat tons of food with q single bite, Kumoko, who eats tons of food with a single bite, or just keep eating non stop such as saiyans

in order to qualify for it, one has to eat 1/3 of their total body weight in less than 15 minutes
in order to qualify for it, one has to eat 12 kg of food in less than 15 minutes [The numbers are arbitrary and just for example].

as for type 2, I think all dragon slayers are capeable of eating their magic [Natsu can eat fire to get stronger, gajeel eats iron, that little blue haired girl can eat air, the emo brothers can eat light and darkness] so purhaps putting dragon slayers instead of just one could be a good thing.

I'll add this to the OP to see what people think about it
as for type 2, I think all dragon slayers are capeable of eating their magic [Natsu can eat fire to get stronger, gajeel eats iron, that little blue haired girl can eat air, the emo brothers can eat light and darkness] so purhaps putting dragon slayers instead of just one could be a good thing.
(It'd be slayers in general, as Demon and God slayers can do the same) gotcha, I'll implement that

this maybe horribly wrong, but doesn't Godzilla 'feed' on radiations or it's just regular absrobtion?

type ??? : users of this ability can eat 'food' [raging from type 1 aka normal food, and type 2 elements, energy] in order to heal injuries, enhance their physical abilities.
it's difference as people from type 1 can eat alot of food but gain nothing besides relinquishing their hunger.

This is... pretty good tbh.

Some people get small healing effects, statistic amplification, and more off of this? Looks good.

If this took it's own tier it'd just be type 2 and we push everything else down, as it's superior to type 1 but inferior to the other ones

I also believe that Type 1 should also incorporate those who can eat food supernaturally quickly. Or that speed should be a factor in general to grant the ability, as anyone can technically eat a "Massive amount of food" over a long time.

This is... pretty good tbh.

Some people get small healing effects, statistic amplification, and more off of this? Looks good.

If this took it's own tier it'd just be type 2 and we push everything else down, as it's superior to type 1 but inferior to the other ones
I would say it's own tier and gets divided since people can eat normal food and get some benefits but not neccessarily be able to eat other energy supplies, plus there are people who can get their benefits from just one food system [like slayers who can get benefits but from only eating magic or the elements they control]
So a type 4, with sub types.
It would go like this
Type 4: users can consume 'food' to get benefits such as healing, getting stronger etc.
And there are multiple types. Type A: users can get benefits from eating a special type of food that's directed to their genetics.
Type B: users can eat any type of food and get benefits
Type C : useds can eat specific type of foods and get specific benefit [Like the pig from SD7 who can eat animals and get specific benefits, or some can eat fire, water etc...and get the ability to manipulate/resistance to fire, water...]

I also believe that Type 1 should also incorporate those who can eat food supernaturally quickly. Or that speed should be a factor in general to grant the ability, as anyone can technically eat a "Massive amount of food" over a long time.
I agree , they should Be Abel to eat massive amount of food in relatively short timeframe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back