• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Glass Joe vs Dan Hibiki (G R A C E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ButterSamuri

Joe beating Mac is Game Mechanics. We could easily upgrade Zombie (Minecraft) to High 8-C, possibly 8-B because they can maybe beat the player, but we don't do that because there are stronger characters the player can also beat. When we use player characters, we generally assume the player behind them is somewhat competent, and can beat weak characters in game.

But you know what? Pretend I never said all that, because your logic is 100% correct.

Mac can beat Sandman, and Sandman obviously beat Joe because of Joe's place in the tournament, and yet Joe is still somehow equal to Mac. Makes sense, right?

(no, it doesn't)

No it isn't. That's 100 percent wrong. They literally make an animation for Joe winning. And in the championship, he literally keeps your belt. Zombies can kill the player in Minecraft. Hell. I've died to the Minecraft zombie A LOT. It's not game mechanic if it effects the story too. As if you lose to joe. That's on your win loss record forever. When you are introduced in your fights. It shows your win loss. And that loss is still there. It's canon. So no. There is FAR too much supporting it being able to be legit.

Wrong. I never said Joe was equal. I made it clear that Joe was still under Mac. He just is in his general league of fighting. And your logic is flawed. Cause Mac can also lose to Sandman, and fights him long after fighting Joe. So your logic there doesn't work either.

You may die to zombies a lot, but I have never (with good equipment) fought a zombie with full health and lost.

Mmmmhmmm. So if Joe is below Mac, how does he canonically beat him?

Ok. So. That doesn't change the fact that Zombies can kill the player. That's just you saying "oh I'm skilled so a zombie can't kill me." No. A zombie can still kill the player.

Joe is lower than End Game Mac. By the end of the game, Mac is superior. But Joe is still able to fight along with him, and even can beat him.

That's not me saying "wOW loOk aT My epIc mINcraFt SKiLlzz", it's me saying "a competent player doesn't lose in a 1v1 fight with a zombie. Hordes of them, maybe. Maybe if you just fought an Enderman and lost a bit of health. Maybe the zombie snuck up behind you. But Steve, with equipment is canonically stronger than a zombie.

So what you're saying is "Mac is stronger, but Joe still beats him". No. Joe is always depicted as the weakest character in the game. You fight him first, he has the worst stats, and his name is literally "Glass Jaw".

With his best equipment he clearly is stronger. But there's still 0 denying. A zombie. Can kill the player.

Yes. But if you read it. But Joe is still able to fight along with him. He is just in his league. One is clearly stronger. But, Joe still can fight with him.'

But their very predictable and take too long to charge. And he makes it very clear he is gonna fire them. Their basically useless.

Considering that Punch Out's verse doesn't have any powers or abilities apart from SPC, seeing a fireball come out of someone's hands would be pretty shocking, especially for someone as mentally weak as Joe.

He still would dodge. Nothing stops him. Especially since the blast tends to be kinda slow. And very predictable. His reaction to Little Mac's star punch is saying oh no before moving to the side to dodge (by the championship matches)

Ok, but a strong punch is different from a man's palms being set on fire and shooting a fireball. Even if he dodged it, it would likely distract him.

Surprised. For a second or so at best.

And it's entirely pointless. Because he can dodge it. And Dan can't do anything else at a range. Aka. That attack has no use here

That second would be pretty important in a fight. Dan could easily run up and start a combo while Joe is surprised.

also if joe scales to little mac dan scales to ryu

No it wouldn't. Not even a bit. That his range attack is slow, a very predictable, and easy to dodge, Joe would hardly be distracted. He takes one step to the side and has avoided it. And Dan couldn't run up and combo him because for one, he doesn't think that smart. He is very cocky but a sucky fighter, and two he doesn't have nearly enough time. All Joe has to do is take one step to the side. And how shows that he watches while dodging. When he dodges Little Mac. He keeps his eye on him. So that isn't going to work. He would still see Dan coming and have time to react

You're missing the point completely. I'm not saying he'd be distracted in dodging it, I'm saying he'd be distracted by watching a guy shoot a fireball out of his palms. I know you'd be surprised, I know I would, and I certainly know Joe would.

No. Your missing the point. I get you think he might be distracted long enough. But he realistically wouldn't. Dan is too cocky to use strategy like that, The attack is too slow to distract Him long enough, And Joe dodges in such a way that the attack wouldn't distract him. When dodging Macs attacks. He doesn't take his eyes off Mac, he wouldn't here either. He would dodge. And still be watching dan. Plus dan wouldn't be close enough to surprise Joe like that

Here's what I think would happen:

Dan shoots his Gadoken.

Joe dodges the Gadoken, but he's a bit shaken up by Dan shooting fire out of his hands.

Dan runs in and attacks.

Dan is cocky, but he isn't stupid. If he sees that chance he's probably gonna do that.

Here's what more likely to happen

Dan shoots it.

Natural instinct and training, Joe side steps it, while surprised, it's too slow and to easy to side step

Let's assume dan actually tries that and runs and attacks. Joe sees him coming and responds

Dan is cocky. Which is a use flaw. And he isn't any strategist. Even if he realized he could run up, he wouldn't be fast or skilled enough for it to matter. A high school girl whooped him. A trained boxer who can canonically box with a world champion would dominate him

you know this makes me think I should do glass joe vs Frank-

But sorry I'm not really...feeling Joe's side in this case. I think Dan has this FRA

Joe seriously outskills here. And a defense on his head and jaw, plus dan being so cocky. Again remember. Even a high school girl whooped him in a fight. Joe May have minor difficulty due to Dan being stronger. But it's not that notable of a difference and Dans not nearly skilled enough to actually put it to use

Didn't that high school girl...know how to fight? Pretty sure we're thinking of the same person.

Who are you thinking of?

No idea what her name was tbh. And if she new how to fight. That just shows someone who can fight can put Dan down pretty easily. Joe is the weak guy of his verse, but he still is a trained boxer with skills that let him fight with Championship Little Mac. Able to block, and dodge Macs blows and get hits in himself. Add in the fact Mac isn't cocky, where Dan is and is gonna leave himself open more times due to that. And it's an outskill here.

Agree with every point Butter is making. People who keep voting for Dan focus on Joe's outward personality, conveniently forgetting about Dan's lack of strategy in a fight.

Lonkitt said:
If Butter is thinking of Sakura then hate to break it to you, but Joe couldn't beat her either.
The point isn't if Joe can beat Sakura, the point was Dan couldn't compete with Sakura, as Dan is the weakest link in a universe based on strategy.

ElixirBlue said:
Lonkitt said:
If Butter is thinking of Sakura then hate to break it to you, but Joe couldn't beat her either.
The point isn't if Joe can beat Sakura, the point was Dan couldn't compete with Sakura.
Doesn't really matter. Sakura is a much more skilled and powerful fighter than both.

Lonkitt said:
The real point of this is

Joe = Can fight with other trained boxers around the world and Little Mac the actual world champion, has a defense for his weak spot, and shows to be strategic while knowing his weak spot

Dan = Gets whooped by anyone with real skills in fighting and only has 1 canon win which was literally just handed to him out of pity

Jackythejack said:
Tbf Sakura can fight one on one with Ryu and Sagat and many of the Street Fighter actually competent class and actually win-
The real point of this is Dan is not really that skilled a fighter. Everyone he has fought beat him except for Sagot who faked losing for the sake of pity.

Joe can fight with the actual world champion boxer in one on one combat.

That's way beyond anything Dan has shown in skill. And cocky of Top of it

Jackythejack said:
Tbf Sakura can fight one on one with Ryu and Sagat and many of the Street Fighter actually competent class and actually win-
Sounds like what Joe does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back