• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Glass Joe vs Dan Hibiki (G R A C E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fighting with the Mac who has already canonically Beat The other boxers, Can stand in one on one combat, react, dodge, and counter his attacks. Even the star punch, as well improving his Strategy and fighting style while protecting his weakspot. Can win a fight canonically with Mac, and even supported by the fact in the canon ending, Mac does have to lose 3 times before he retires and the game ends officially.

Being in that world circuit. Aka the worlds best fighters. Hmm. Somehow just being in the world circuit of the best fighters around isn't impressive. Nah. Even though the world circuit is saved only for the best, and even though he can actually win; and supported by Mac officially losing end series when he retires. None of that supports skill

It really sounds like you're trying to put Joe as one of the greatest fighters in this verse, Butter...which the games make very clear he is not.

I'm not. Your putting words in my mouth. My point is he is a world circuit fighter by the end of the game. He is in the circuit of the worlds best. He still is under the other boxers. But he Quite literally is in a circuit of the best fighters in the world. All of them trained after losing and came back far better than before to the point of being able to fight in the world circuit

GojiBoyForever said:
Terrible boxer with a horrendous record vs a martial artist who trained under Gouken.

Hmm, this is tough.

Yea. Put it like that. Ignore what actually happens in game. Dan literally gets kicked out by him

I'm not putting words in your mouth. I said it sounds like you're trying to say a certain thing. Not that you did.

You continue to attack his Past. You keep looking at it like "Oh. Well he loss 99 times." despite the fact all boxers literally improve in extreme amounts by the end of the game. I'm looking at Joe At the end of the game. Not at the start.

And that does what about the fact he isn't skilled and cant fight? Come on man. Its Glass Joe. Give me evidence that he improved in skill.

Ok. So. I can't say "oh come on. It's Hercule satan"

That doesn't negate the facts suddenly

When the end of the game comes. All the boxers train. All the boxers improve, glass Joe makes it to the world circuit and fights Mac, that's a serious improvement

still makes it to the world circuit. A circuit that will only allow the best to show up. Still fights with Mac. Still gives a challenge. Still can counter his attacks

I'd also like to note that Glass Joe can barely put up a fight in boxing (his most experiencd fighting form), so what good is he gonna do against Dan's Saikou Arts? This might sound ridiculous, but it's literally a fighting style that does not exist whatso ever in the Punch-Out!! universe. I doubt Joe can counter it.

I mean, Gouken rejected him for not wanting his teachings to be used for selfish purposes such as vengeance. Though, Ken and Ryu were both basically saying that he sucks at fighting so he got kicked out anyway.

What good is Dams martial arts gonna do? It may not exist on punch out, but Joe just has to react to his attacks and counter. Which Joe knows how to do. He reacts to a much more skilled person.

Fighrs Mac but is still beat, and still has literally no other feats besides fighting Mac and losing, and is still regarded as the weakest of all opponents.

Take a look at Dan's moveset. All sorts of punches, elbow strikes, knee strikes, low, middle and extremely high kicks, throws, he can even kick 2 times easy before touching the ground. When he isn't battling the main characters far above any normal human being by pure stats and prowess? He does surprisingly well.

There's laughably little backing Joe being on that level, so... Again, far from convinced.

GojiBoyForever said:
What challenge did Joe give? Please I would happy to have this evidence.
The fact he can react and dodge Macs punches, can block them more often and can even avoid the star punch. Making the fight much more challenging than before.

Again, this might sound silly, but Joe's gonna be taken pretty off guard when Dan literally starts rolling up to him for an attack. Basically, it's a fighting style that is going to be unpredictable for Joe.

GojiBoyForever said:
>Counter attacks

>In game Joe sits there and gets punched

yeah sure buddy.

Oh yea. Look at the original fight and completely ignore later fights. Continue studying his past rather than the now

Buttersamuri said:
GojiBoyForever said:
>Counter attacks

>In game Joe sits there and gets punched

yeah sure buddy.
Oh yea. Look at the original fight and completely ignore later fights. Continue studying his past rather than the now
His future self is barely anything to glance at either, tbh.

So he blocks and avoids attacks? Two things Dan was fully capable of doing forever? Can't say I'm convinced Joe's much more skilled than Dan is.

He can block and avoid the attack strategy coming from the actual world champion. Dan can block and avoid attacks. But not to someone of that degree in skill.

Buttersamuri said:
He can block and avoid the attack strategy coming from the actual world champion. Dan can block and avoid attacks. But not to someone of that degree in skill.
You're only saying that because within the context of Street Fighter, Dan always picks fights with people who are goddamn Tier 7 and much faster. Dan is in the same tiering as plenty of Punch-Out!! characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back