• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Glass Joe vs Dan Hibiki (G R A C E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan is just 3x stronger, is a bit more of a fighter and has more useful moves than just punches.

Dan hands down.

Yeah, Dan Hibiki takes this FRA. It also helps that Dan is a lot more persistent IIRC.

dan is stronger. But not x3. Cause remember. That's a very casual punch from Don. Mr. Sandman was capable of one shotting him. And later after training. Everyone became strong enough to battle this version of Mac. I don't think it's enough to say Glass Joe is stronger. That's a pretty large leap. But Glass Joe can survived a 3 star punch and still fight when a casual punch is 114,110 Joules. And remember. His head guard completely nullifies this damage. Meaning that guard is vastly superior. And the only way to break it is with a star punch. And again. Glass Joe can tank a 3 star punch

So looking at it like this.

Casual punch 114,110 Joules <<<<< Helment (completely negates that damage) < star punch (can remove he helmet) <<< 3 star punch (for obvious reasons)

So honestly Joe and everyone should be a good chunk higher stability wise thanks to the star punch. But now that you know that reasoning.

Anyway.

Dan Stronger, Tougher

Glass Joe Experience, Skill

I'm gonna go with Joe. Cause he actually learns how to work on defense. Is more skilled as his attacks have defense and attack options, Dans extreme cockiness, the helmet making head based attacks even less of an option, and the large gap in experience

Dan gets cocky and gets beaten down via skills, experience, and the helmet

i'm gonna go with dan because he has his (admittedly weak) ki based attacks which would probably catch joe off guard and give him an edge

Dan FRA, and because Joe is limited to punching (well, nothing is preventing him from kicking, but he likely wouldn't do that, and they'd probably be very weak anyway), while Dan can punch, kick, grab, and use ki attacks, and also has a bit of an AP advantage, and a better combat mentality. Really interesting fight, anyway.

Armorchompy said:
Dan FRA, and because Joe is limited to punching (well, nothing is preventing him from kicking, but he likely wouldn't do that, and they'd probably be very weak anyway), while Dan can punch, kick, grab, and use ki attacks, and also has a bit of an AP advantage, and a better combat mentality. Really interesting fight, anyway.
Definitely doesn't have a better combat mentality. He has a pretty terrible martial arts, where Joe has legitimate boxing and fighting skill. And Dan is full of it. where Joe is not.

Grabbing won't work considering joe would just sock him if he gets too close.

By mentality I meant he's a bit less cowardly, but yeah I agree. But he definitely could grab, considering both have the "sock him if he gets too close" option. Still voting for Dan

Armorchompy said:
By mentality I meant he's a bit less cowardly, but yeah I agree. But he definitely could grab, considering both have the "sock him if he gets too close" option. Still voting for Dan
That just makes grabbing useless then. Both have that option. And neither a going to be able to grab each other then. Making that uselessly. Thus, Joe having the better fighting skill and experience should get him the win.

And Glass joe isn't really a coward. He will react when Mac does his star punch sure, but that's just him having common sense that it's gonna hurt. But Glass joe isn't a coward. That German guy is the coward more than Joe is.!

Joe can't grab due to his boxing gloves and inferior lifting strength. Dan could grab his arms if he missed a punch, or if he managed to get up close enough. Joe is better, but considering how awful his record is, he's not THAT much better, not enough to make for a more varied fighting style, including ki attacks he's never seen, and lower AP.

And I agree, he's not much of a coward.

Also, the headgear is made for blocking punches from opponents wearing large boxing gloves, but Dan's are much thinner, so if he were to throw a punch, especially one aimed at his jaw, JOe would likely take most of the blow.

I didn't say Joe could lift Dan. I said Dan can't grab Joe. It's not an option cause Joe would sock him in the face if he did. Dan isn't skilled or fast enough to pull that off. He just is gonna get his face punched in if he tries to get close.

If he is close to Joe, that means he is getting punched. And Joe isn't likely missing his punches. He is a better fighter than Dan is, a much better fighter. He is capable of boxing and defeating Little Mac even during the championship. Which Can be canon as there is a specific scene to show him winning it and having the belt. To even Stand against Mac shows he is vastly superior, especially the fact he can even defeat Mac. Dan May have a more varied fighting style. But his fighting style is kinda garbage. It doesn't matter if he has variety of all his variety is garbage.

Neither are really cowards. But Dan is Cocky. That's gonna get in his way and give an advantage to Joe. Who doesn't hold an ego.

And definitely not no. His Headgear cushions blows from Little Mac, and even a 3 Star punch can't take that thing off Nore knock Joe down. So Dans punches aren't gonna take that thing off nore knock Joe down punching at the head. And Dan isn't exactly the brightest. He wouldn't suddenly think to aim for those parts of the headgear. Plus Dan would actually have to be trying to get the hits in which is already hard enough due to the skill.

Joe has the experience, skill, special protection, plus Dans ego, and garbage skills. Dan May be the stronger one. But it amounts to nothing as Joe fights, dodges, and can beat someone far more skilled.

The fact that there are cutscenes doesn't mean it's canon. After all, joke endings in videogames aren't considered canon here. Logically, Joe is far under Mac in terms of skill. And you clearly have no idea how boxing works, since there is a rule that prevents grabbing, and yet it often happens in heated matches, where the ref has to split them up.

And I never said it was gonna knock it off. I said it just wouldn't block the punch due to the way it's shaped, its durability does not matter. What, are you implying that it casts some sort of forcefield? Cause otherwise, Dans fist would simply be too small to be blocked.

Dan has canonically defeated Sagat once, though it is an outlier, it's just as impressive as Joe defeating Mac, with the difference that it actually has happened in his ending.

Except no. It is fully capable of being canon. It isn't just a "game over screen". No. That loss I canon. It's put on Macs official boxing record for the rest of the game. And you have to battle in order to get your belt back. Aka. That happens. It isn't like say the Batman game where there are some game over screens that aren't canon. It's something that takes effect on the game, Macs record, and he has to actually fight to get his belt back. So incorrect there.

You are clearly not listening. I didn't Say Joe would grab him. I've already said that. Joe wouldn't grab him. I said that Dan couldn't grab him because why would Joe let him do that. It doesn't matter what the rules of boxing are in that situation. Joe would still punch him. Joe wouldn't just stand there and let himself be grabbed and thrown. Dan isn't even likely gonna be able to grab Dan. Joe ha snuck more skill. And Joe clearly has skill that lets him battle with Mac even during the championship. The world circuit. That's VASTLY above Dan in skill. Even if Mac is better. Joe is vastly superior to Dan.

Except they explain that it was a pity win. That actually specifically explains what actually happened. Not like Joes situation to the slightest. The context was Sagot threw the fight in pity cause Dan was that pathetic. Where Joe can just win the boxing match canonically. So Again. Incorrect.

Whatever, I don't care enough to debate this any further, and my points are as valid as yours. My vote stays.

However, one last thing I'll say, is that since the headgear wouldn't be great at blocking blows from Hibiki's fists, if Hibiki managed to sneak even one blow to the jaw Joe would absolutely be knocked out immediately, since that's kinda his gimmick and Dan is stronger than him.

Being punched in the jaw doesn't instant knock him out. That's not s gimmic. The gimmic is he has a weak jaw. But to get that instant knock out, you have to hit at the right time, and has to be a star punch.

Does the rules of boxing even matter? The OP never said this was a public match.

Glass Joe FRA for reason's above.

Also, Dan defeating Sagat was canon but Sagat let Dan win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back