• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was clearly saying everyone. He wanted to absorb everyone and frisk too but Frisk resisted it so Asriel had to beat frisk down before absorbing them because DT bullshit. If Asriel didn't want to kill frisk like some of you guys think why the hell would he starts to blast frisk seconds after?
He clearly said that he planned to kill them even a million times if necessary in order to make them give up their DT and reset the timeline to play with them forever like the old times.
Its not showcased like that anywhere. He just made an light that went around, covered the entire underground and absorbed everything it touched.
It actually didn't absorb Napstablook's house. So the "it absorbs anything it touches" is baseless.
Frisk also gets these in other fights. Like in the sans fight we see the marks from the surprise bones
And?

1 - Nothing in the video shows absorption
Are you sure you watched the video?
2 - If you're talking about when flowey absorbed the souls of all the monsters, wasn't it said that ALL the monsters were there? If flowey had all that AoE, why didn't he absorb all the monsters in Neutral lane?
No. He absorbed the entire race. The entire race is equal to 1 human soul. He had 6. 7 human souls meant he was a god. So he became a god
3 - Wasn't it said that for monsters to absorb the soul of humans it is not necessary to kill them first? What flowey or asriel disproves this? Just because he absorbed monsters doesn't mean they can absorb humans' souls without killing them, especially when it comes to that.
It is also said monsters cannot be absorbed normally and the only ones that can be absorbed are boss monsters which you have to kill first.
He clearly said that he planned to kill them even a million times if necessary in order to make them give up their DT and reset the timeline to play with them forever like the old times.
So why are we assuming flowey didn't try to absorb them? Why would he not try to get control?
It actually didn't absorb Napstablook's house. So the "it absorbs anything it touches" is baseless.
He- You do know Napstablook literally closed his curtains and didn't let the light in? He wasn't touched so he wasn't absorbed.
I don't think it is possible to somehow see bones that are below the ground.

So why are we assuming flowey didn't try to absorb them? Why would he not try to get control?
Because he does not want them as a part of himself, he wanted to be with his best friend like the old times (2).
He- You do know Napstablook literally closed his curtains and didn't let the light in? He wasn't touched so he wasn't absorbed.
It still disproves the "everything it touches is absorbed", this ain't Majin Buu mate.
I don't think it is possible to somehow see bones that are below the ground.
Given that the bones are magic, they must have some shit that Frisk can perceive in order to dodge those.

This is getting out of hand very quickly. I just hope that I manage to read counterarguments coherently tomorrow

Because he does not want them as a part of himself, he wanted to be with his best friend like the old times (2).
So he didn't want to absorb them and become even more powerful but wanted to kill them a million times to become even more powerful?
It still disproves the "everything it touches is absorbed", this ain't Majin Buu mate.
I meant souls mate. Souls. Why the hell would soul absorbtion absorb houses.
Given that the bones are magic, they must have some shit that Frisk can perceive in order to dodge those.
Headcanon 🗿

Are you sure you watched the video?
I watched what's marked in the video, you should have fixed the marking.

No. He absorbed the entire race. The entire race is equal to 1 human soul. He had 6. 7 human souls meant he was a god. So he became a god
The difference from the neutral and pacifist route is that in the pacifist route, Flowey absorbed the 6 souls + the soul of all the monsters because they were there.

If flowey had all that AoE, in the NEUTRAL ROUTE at the moment he absorbs the 6 souls, he could have absorbed all the underground and got a power of 7 human souls like in the Pacifista Route, but that didn't happen?

It is also said monsters cannot be absorbed normally and the only ones that can be absorbed are boss monsters which you have to kill first.
Where was this spoken? And even so, what does that have to do with Flowey being able to absorb human souls without killing them first? Just because he can absorb the souls of boss monsters doesn't mean he can absorb humans.

Literally in the fight against Photoshop Flowey, he wanted to absorb Frisk's soul to become a god. If he could have done it whenever he wanted, he could have just done it.

So he didn't want to absorb them and become even more powerful but wanted to kill them a million times to become even more powerful?
He already had 6 Human SOULs and all the monsterkind at his disposal to replace the 7th SOUL. He literally said that he wanted to challenge Frisk to defeat them and "play" with them over and over. So yes, he didn't want to absorb them.
Headcanon 🗿
Still better than giving precognition to Frisk, otherwise they'd have 0 issues at dodging Danmaku as they's already know where to move.

I watched what's marked in the video, you should have fixed the marking.
No you should have stayed there for a minute to see the absorbtion.
The difference from the neutral and pacifist route is that in the pacifist route, Flowey absorbed the 6 souls + the soul of all the monsters because they were there.

If flowey had all that AoE, in the NEUTRAL ROUTE at the moment he absorbs the 6 souls, he could have absorbed all the underground and got a power of 7 human souls like in the Pacifista Route, but that didn't happen?
Oh yeah he could have done th- Oh wait you had to kill atleast some monsters in the Neutral Route which means he couldnt absorb the entire race.
Where was this spoken? And even so, what does that have to do with Flowey being able to absorb human souls without killing them first? Just because he can absorb the souls of boss monsters doesn't mean he can absorb humans.
Sem_titulo_66_1.jpg

Tbh it doesnt say they have to. We just know they can do it this way.
Literally in the fight against Photoshop Flowey, he wanted to absorb Frisk's soul to become a god. If he could have done it whenever he wanted, he could have just done it.
You are agreeing with me-? Flowey couldn't absorb frisk in the pacifist and the neutral route because Frisk has resistance to it.
He already had 6 Human SOULs and all the monsterkind at his disposal to replace the 7th SOUL. He literally said that he wanted to challenge Frisk to defeat them and "play" with them over and over. So yes, he didn't want to absorb them.
Can you show me the text where Asriel says he doesn't want to absorb frisk and only wants to play with them? Thanks.
Still better than giving precognition to Frisk, otherwise they'd have 0 issues at dodging Danmaku as they's already know where to move.
Which they do- A lot of the game actually gives you hints on where the attacks are gonna come from. Its way better than pulling a game theory

This vagueness is literally why 2-B was so contested for so much time. The issue with Undertale is that unlike other RPGs it doesn't give any description to the attacks, they're just there visually.
Plus we have no canon value of how many times frisk saved and loaded

Can you show me the text where Asriel says he doesn't want to absorb frisk and only wants to play with them? Thanks.
Here.
Which they do- A lot of the game actually gives you hints on where the attacks are gonna come from. Its way better than pulling a game theory
No, they do not predict where Danmaku patterns come from outside from LOADing. Again, you're pulling the interpretation with the most overpowered power possible from a thing which has 0 in-verse explanation.

Hm I will wait for further opinions
No, they do not predict where Danmaku patterns come from outside from LOADing.
What? Frisk literally sees marks where the attacks would come from before they are even visible to them. We don't know if Frisk ever used LOAD or not (Only expections are sans and asgore but it doesnt matter as these marks are everywhere in the game)
Again, you're pulling the interpretation with the most overpowered power possible from a thing which has 0 in-verse explanation.
How? Seeing marks that show what attack is gonna happen isn't precognition? Come on now.

No you should have stayed there for a minute to see the absorbtion.
You literally tagged the video in the middle of it.

Oh yeah he could have done th- Oh wait you had to kill atleast some monsters in the Neutral Route which means he couldnt absorb the entire race.
Literally not. For you to do Pacifista, you have to do Neutral without killing anyone, so yes, Flowey could absorb all the monsters.

Tbh it doesnt say they have to. We just know they can do it this way.
Headcanon. We were told that they can absorb the souls of humans after killing them. We were never suggested otherwise.

Furthermore, the monsters could have easily won the war if they could absorb humans' souls easily.

You are agreeing with me-? Flowey couldn't absorb frisk in the pacifist and the neutral route because Frisk has resistance to it.
No, I'm telling you that in Neutral where you don't kill anyone, which is the route you have to go through to do the pacifist, Flowey doesn't absorb all the underground.

Literally not. For you to do Pacifista, you have to do Neutral without killing anyone, so yes, Flowey could absorb all the monsters.
Thats not how neutral route works.
Headcanon. We were told that they can absorb the souls of humans after killing them. We were never suggested otherwise.
We were also told only Boss Monsters can be absorbed and those can be only absorbed after death.
Furthermore, the monsters could have easily won the war if they could absorb humans' souls easily.
If all the monsters had Asriels power then yes.
No, I'm telling you that in Neutral where you don't kill anyone, which is the route you have to go through to do the pacifist, Flowey doesn't absorb all the underground.
Asgore literally dies.

Thats not how neutral route works.
The neutral route can take several paths, but for you to do the pacifist route, you are obligated not to literally kill anyone in the neutral route.
If the protagonist spares Flowey, he appears after the Neutral Route phone call. He provides a hint on how to earn the True Pacifist Ending, excluding an aborted Genocide Route attempt. If Flowey was killed, the game immediately returns to the Start Menu. The protagonist can then reload their SAVE file to fulfill any missing requirements as long as they have not gained any EXP/LOVE. Otherwise, they must reset their game. Note that killing Asgore or Flowey does not acquire any EXP.
If you gain any EXP, kill any monsters, you have to restart the game and do a Neutral Route without killing anyone. You are required to go through this, so yes, this is how the neutral route works.

We were also told only Boss Monsters can be absorbed and those can be only absorbed after death.
And? Are monsters human by any chance? Just because information about monsters was contradicted, it doesn't mean the same with humans, especially when they are literally two different races, and it was never contradicted.

If all the monsters had Asriels power then yes.
The Flowey who has this ability. It wasn't "Asriel" who absorbed the monsters and human souls, it was Flowey. A monster without any kind of divine power.

Also, if monsters could do that, Asgore at the beginning of the fight against Frisk, would instantly try to absorb her soul, but no, he tries to kill her first.

Asgore literally dies.
It's not you who kills Asgore, it's Flowey if you don't kill anyone, which you are obliged to do if you want to play the pacifist

The neutral route can take several paths, but for you to do the pacifist route, you are obligated not to literally kill anyone in the neutral route.

If you gain any EXP, kill any monsters, you have to restart the game and do a Neutral Route without killing anyone. You are required to go through this, so yes, this is how the neutral route works.

And? Are monsters human by any chance? Just because information about monsters was contradicted, it doesn't mean the same with humans, especially when they are literally two different races, and it was never contradicted.

The Flowey who has this ability. It wasn't "Asriel" who absorbed the monsters and human souls, it was Flowey. A monster without any kind of divine power.

Also, if monsters could do that, Asgore at the beginning of the fight against Frisk, would instantly try to absorb her soul, but no, he tries to kill her first.

It's not you who kills Asgore, it's Flowey if you don't kill anyone, which you are obliged to do if you want to play the pacifist
Asgore still dies. Your logic is sadly flawed since theres no point in the game where the same monster count as pacifist route exists
Literally not true, you could still do the neutral run without killing anyone.
Asgore. Asgore. Asgore.

Do they die? Yes. The monster count goes down? Yes.
So why you talking about Frisk before then?:rolleyes: Just say asgore for the begining then.

Anyway, Flowey as the one that killed Asgore, and destroy his soul, so like... Why he did that?

Asgore still dies. Your logic is sadly flawed since theres no point in the game where the same monster count as pacifist route exists
And it's literally not my only point.

It is never said or implied that monsters can absorb human souls without killing them first. As this is also strengthened with the monsters not easily absorbing the souls of humans during the war, as well as asgore not instantly absorbing Frisk's soul at the beginning of the game, when he only lacked 1 soul for him to release the monsters after so many years and with an unbelievable sense of revenge.

I also said that all the monsters were present in the final and that's why flowey absorbed them all. If flowey had such a great AoE, then why didn't he absorb along with the human souls, the asgore that was in front of him as well as all the rest of the underground monsters in the Neutral Route?

Go ask flowey tf?
It was a rethorical question, because I do know.
You claiming that he have Aoe soul absorbtion, but if he did have, why did he kill Asgore, instead of absorbing his Soul and also the entire Underground? He cleary don't have this Aoe soul absorbtion that you claimed.

It was a rethorical question, because I do know.
You claiming that he have Aoe soul absorbtion, but if he did have, why did he kill Asgore, instead of absorbing his Soul and also the entire Underground? He cleary don't have this Aoe soul absorbtion that you claimed.
He literally uses it in the pacifist route. He absorbs the entire underground and snowdin people say it was like a light wave. Go ask flowey why he did that alright? God- 💀

Its on the OP. After the monsters come and flowey laughs we see the light and bam. For the snowdin part just look at what what they posted about Napstablook above
Oh ok, so the flowey in neutral don't make any sense then.

Anyway, I still still think he just choose to not absorb Frisk soul, instead of Frisk resisting.

Frisk
  • Aura: With "spare" Frisk can exude a peaceful aura of determination that makes any opponent that is already questioning their desire to fight them give up.
Kinda feels like a bit of flowery wording in this specific instance. Mind you, determination having an aura isn't that unbelievable, but this evidence in particular doesn't convince me.
Or maybe Frisk just...made Asriel feel again? Because he had just got his emotions back and was probably overwhelmed by their kindness?
This is fine.
  • Statistics Reduction: They should have this with "Stare".
That seems to be a quirk of that particular monster rather than any inherent ability Frisk possesses.
Bruh you literally just blow on the monster to cool it down and use a thermostat to heighten the temperature to make it hotter. Do I get Heat Manip now for rubbing my hands together for warmth?
Honestly this one just reads weird. I'm not strictly against it, just neutral.
Is fine, I suppose.
  • Precognition: They should have this via Aim Dodging (During Sans fight), red exclamation marks (Warns them of particularly powerful attacks) and narration (can sometimes say what opponent will use beforehand).
This reads very egregiously as game mechanics.
Fine.
  • Weapon Mastery: Frisk has a ton of weapons
Hard disagree. Having several weapons does not even begin to equate to having mastery of those weapons, or even a single weapon. Frisk's ability is never once commented on by anyone.
  • Breath Attack: Due to the aforementioned "Cool Down" ability:
    "You blow on Pyrope. Its flames die down. Pyrope's ATTACK dropped!"
Again, BREATHING isn't a superpower.
Similarly weird case, technically not incorrect, but I'm staying neutral on it.
latest
Eeeeeeh, I don't think this is particularly strong evidence, but I'm not super intent on dying on this hill.
Observing that the world is ending doesn't require any special abilities in this case, as Asriel is literally ripping the timeline to pieces. Also, are you seriously trying to use a gag scene for a rating?
  • Power Modification: Changed their ACT button to SAVE button, SAVE button was completely unaffected Asriel's final attack afterwards
This is fine.
  • Reactive Evolution: Is shown to have different abilities depending on situation. This is most notable during Asriel fight.
If you mean the different actions they can with different monsters, that's not even CLOSE to being reactive evo. Disagree.
Latter example is rather weak me feels. First one seems fine though, however I have to ask, why dura neg?
zheyvy1mpqa51.png
I know this game likes to break the fourth wall a lot, but this is very reaching. Like, extremely reaching, and I can't agree with it.
  • Resistance to Body Puppetry:
I don't understand what the image here is supposed to prove.
Fine.
Fine.
Remove "higher after sleeping", it makes no sense.
Chara
Asriel
These are fine.
Sans
  • Possibly Dimensional Travel: There's quite a lot of evidence that suggests Sans has not only awareness of timelines, but in all likelihood has traversed them outright. I would suggest a "Possibly Dimensional Travel", simply because the methods he uses are unknown.
    To begin with, numerous times we are told or shown how Sans is a scientific genius who can consistently and casually defy physics as nothing more than a joke, apparently doing so often enough that Papyrus even talks about being pranked across space and time as a common occurrence.

Sans bedroom door is exactly identical to the teleporting doors located in the dark world. Toby is not so lazy that he would reuse a sprite with that level of significance just to avoid making a new sprite, it was clearly intentional.

Sans is known to have some form of relation to Gaster, confirmed by the attack name Gaster Blaster, but there's a whole lot more that could be unpacked there and it would take up too large of a portion of the CRT.

When you call Papyrus in their house, he says this about Sans' room.

The Riverperson warns us to beware a man who came from another world.

Sans has a picture of 3 people with the words "Don't forget" written on it. There's been a lot of debate on this mystery over the years, but one undeniable thing is that the two words "Don't forget" have a heavy importance in Deltarune...they even have an entire OST titled just that. And Sans is quite literally the ONLY character in both games to have the exact same sprite between games, though it would be in line with his character as the laidback lazy funny guy.

According to the official comic Grillby's Rogue's Gallery, the first time Sans walked into Grillbys he asked for "the usual", and he immediately managed to get along with everyone there. This is giving more context to the information we have about Sans and Papyrus from the Shopkeeper who says that they showed up out of nowhere and asserted themselves.

And most pressing of all the evidence I've seen thus far;
3gleebvcou341.png

(Thanks RinneItachi for helping me with the sans part)
While I wouldn't put it past Sand Underbale to hop from timeline to timeline, it seems rather strange to me that he'd have said ability and wouldn't simply choose to place himself in a timeline which, say, the Genocide Route didn't occur in (if the player pulls that stuff). If he can actively DO something about the timeline hopping, like hop them himself, it kind of takes away from the despair he feels in said run. Also a lot of the evidence here is fairly weak, with the exception of the puzzle.

Or maybe Frisk just...made Asriel feel again? Because he had just got his emotions back and was probably overwhelmed by their kindness?
Being capable of doing that is a form of emphatic manipulation though?
That seems to be a quirk of that particular monster rather than any inherent ability Frisk possesses.
I will copy-paste my answer above:

There is no evidence that orbs have that kind of weakness. It would be too random, to begin with. And if they had such a weakness, Frisk would have no idea about that. It makes more sense that Frisk is actively using a power.
Madjick is unaffected by frisk's glare, as is every other enemy, outside of the orbs, frisk glaring at an enemy has never really been shown to reduce an enemies statistics, at least from what I remember.
Because Frisk doesn't glare at Madjick nir at any other enemy. They don't use many of their other abilities as well. And why would "Stare" reduce an enemy's stats when it only works on magical items?
Bruh you literally just blow on the monster to cool it down and use a thermostat to heighten the temperature to make it hotter. Do I get Heat Manip now for rubbing my hands together for warmth?
Again, BREATHING isn't a superpower.
Let me see you instantly cool down something hundreds of degrees by blowing on it. And about thermostat thing:

There is no "thermostat", to begin with. It is only used metaphorically. Otherwise, it wouldn't fit context considering thermostat is only used to measure temperature, not to change it.

Besides, "Heat Up" is already accepted in Frisk's profile (techniques section). We just need to add the corresponding ability.
Hard disagree. Having several weapons does not even begin to equate to having mastery of those weapons, or even a single weapon. Frisk's ability is never once commented on by anyone
You don't need to be master to have "weapons mastery." It is just having greater skill than avarage. Another copy paste;

If they can use it to fight against trained soldiers, that should count for something. Even someone like Undyne doesn't say anything about Frisk's usage of weapons while mocking them for other minor things (Such as being bad at jumping). And to use things like revolver (it has multiple bars and getting criticsl is really hard), you would need some skill. Even when you get yellow flag in the ball game, it talks about "Frisk's sure fire accuracy" which is blatant reference to the gun they get later on.
This reads very egregiously as game mechanics
You could only say that about red marks but that's about it. The context still fits precognition.
Observing that the world is ending doesn't require any special abilities in this case, as Asriel is literally ripping the timeline to pieces. Also, are you seriously trying to use a gag scene for a rating?
Except in this case "the world" is referring to the game itself which has 2-B cosmology. The timeline already got destroyed earlier in the battle and this narration comes later on.

And why would you just discard it as a gag scene when there is nothing it contradicts? A gag scene would be Frisk failing to destroy a tomato when they have multiple superhuman showings.
If you mean the different actions they can with different monsters, that's not even CLOSE to being reactive evo. Disagree
The shown abilities are way too conveninent for given situations. And these abilities aren't shown anywhere else when they could have been helpful even if it was to a lesser degree.

Against Asriel, they develop "Save" act mid-may through the fight.
Latter example is rather weak me feels
Even if we discounted the possiblity that Mysteryman is Gaster, he is still shown to be somewhat incorporeal and Frisk can still interact with him if they choose so.
I know this game likes to break the fourth wall a lot, but this is very reaching. Like, extremely reaching, and I can't agree with it.
I am pretty you don't refer to "Self-Sustainence" here so I will skip it.

Yeah fair enough. It was worth trying. But just one thing. I wouldn't call it reaching when someone like early Flowey can use text manipulation or there are more than one evidence that the game files are canon.
I don't understand what the image here is supposed to prove.
The Player is actively controlling the main character's body. "Legends of Localization" states that there are three such entities, presumably the player, Chara and Frisk themselves. And yet, there are multiple instances of Frisk refusing an order, intensifying as you get closer to True Pacifist Ending. Then Frisk breaks completely free at the end.
Remove "higher after sleeping", it makes no sense.
It regenerates Frisk's HP above maximum. How does that make no sense?

Last edited:
Just gonna comment on the one you quoted me in.
There is no evidence that orbs have that kind of weakness. It would be too random, to begin with. And if they had such a weakness, Frisk would have no idea about that. It makes more sense that Frisk is actively using a power.

Because Frisk doesn't glare at Madjick nir at any other enemy. They don't use many of their other abilities as well. And why would "Stare" reduce an enemy's stats when it only works on magical items?
I mean the orbs being weakened by frisks glare is enough to show that is a weakness of the orbs more than anything, frisk is capable of learning new things about an enemy in a relatively quick fashion and is capable of defeating enemies through this so like im not sure about the 'they wouldn't know' thing either. For the second thing, so your saying that frisk needs to specifically glare at an enemy to reduce their stats? I mean from what we have we cant really assume such a thing I feel, frisk literally only does this with the orbs, so saying that because they can do this with the orbs instantly means they can suddenly reduce statistics with a stare is a stretch I feel. Why would we assume the stare works on magical items in general? we literally only see it used on the orbs, this is also quite a stretch i'd think.

Overall it just seems to be a gimmick and weakness this specific monster has as mentioned above, not something that exactly grants anything to frisk

Last edited:
He literally uses it in the pacifist route. He absorbs the entire underground and snowdin people say it was like a light wave. Go ask flowey why he did that alright? God- 💀
You still hasn't answered me about the fact that it's been stated that monsters can only absorb humans' souls by killing them, which has never been contradicted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back