• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact General Discussion!

true but obviously the weapon you’re using will have some impact, this is even mentioned on Xiao’s profile on this wiki
It’s probably more likely this is some Teyvat proverb akin to “a worksman never blames his tools” or whatever it is

That wasnt the point. My point is that the way they fight is vastly different "in canon" than it is in gameplay.
Oh, I had the impression that you thought that them summoning their weapons isn't canon. Never mind that then. I'd still say that it's safe to assume that what their gameplay shows is still part of what they are canonically capable of unless it is contradicted or veers into game mechanics territory.

true but obviously the weapon you’re using will have some impact, this is even mentioned on Xiao’s profile on this wiki
It's specifically a blade without an edge. It's not a good sword. The point is that a good swordman can make use of even bad blades. The mountain splitting is most likely hyperbolic in that regard. Even if not, a character would still need a separate feat regardless.

That depends on whether or not the same energy that was used for that can be used with the other abilities that Razor's Vision grants him. In that case, any opponents that can tank his attacks would scale with their durability and Razor's Striking Strength would scale if he can damage them with physical strikes.
Well given he summons those storm clouds to do an attack that attack would be the one that scales at least to me it seems like he's channeling the power of the storms into that attack.

Without an actual feat we'll have to resort to a reasonable minimum and that is if we can consider the statement reliable and uncontradicted.
Yea that's fine. I don't see why its not reliable and if there are contradictions then ofc we would disregard

Without an actual feat we'll have to resort to a reasonable minimum and that is if we can consider the statement reliable and uncontradicted.
Reliable and uncontradicted should be fine, mountain level feats have been done before in Genshin and the willpower needed for it should be there for all characters since they all literally have basically certificates from the gods hailing their willpower.

ofc uncontradicted is dependent on how scaling works in future

Just seen another feat that could be calced. Ningguang uses some geo gems or rocks during the descension of the Geo Archon and it creates a tornado. The gems blast of energy seem to be what's causing the formation of it.

Also Aether says he faced off the God when he first arrived, not sure if he means the lady he fought with the sealing or Rex

Im not reading all that but. How is being capable of being elemental intangible needs regeneration again?
Cause the page for it said so, tho it would be pretty hard to prove so if all the hit from anything in the verse just punch you out of it or damage you normally.

Cause the page for it said so, tho it would be pretty hard to prove so if all the hit from anything in the verse just punch you out of it or damage you normally.
It literally said dispersing thus they can regenerate back to their form. Doesnt mean they can regenerate if they lost those elemental energy instead of it being dispersed.there is also a reason why it is listed limited because for most cases it just shrinks them down into elemental orb which is probably can be affected if we look at eye of the storm and such.

It literally said dispersing thus they can regenerate back to their form. Doesnt mean they can regenerate if they lost those elemental energy instead of it being dispersed.there is also a reason why it is listed limited because for most cases it just shrinks them down into elemental orb which is probably can be affected if we look at eye of the storm and such.
There are a good number of cases where it isn't listed as limited, so that might need some discussion to make it more uniform.

So guys, how to we treat ghost in Genshin? It's obvious that we can see them but so can the normal people, do we treat them like normal ghost or not?

they can be seen. considering the world is already pretty magical and mystical them seeing it probably isn't indicative of them being different from normal ghost but what would this change or not change?

Like that would mean even normal people can see ghost put they can't see the oculi, wouldn't that make vision holder and god have layered extrasensory perception for being able to see ghost and the oculi that are invisible to those that can see them.

Like that would mean even normal people can see ghost put they can't see the oculi, wouldn't that make vision holder and god have layered extrasensory perception for being able to see ghost and the oculi that are invisible to those that can see them.
yes

So guys, how to we treat ghost in Genshin? It's obvious that we can see them but so can the normal people, do we treat them like normal ghost or not?
Ghosts are weird and kinda all over the place. Especially since there are distinctions between ghosts/souls and evil spirits.

There isn't much we know about them, but at least to me it always seemd to be more of a "tangible unless they choose otherwise", rather than vice versa. I'd obviously have to find some scans for that though.

Ghosts are weird and kinda all over the place. Especially since there are distinctions between ghosts/souls and evil spirits.

There isn't much we know about them, but at least to me it always seemd to be more of a "tangible unless they choose otherwise", rather than vice versa. I'd obviously have to find some scans for that though.
Yeah, like, according to the story quest, the ghost we see out in the wild is just remnant created by the leyline, which can either be physical (tea gramp and the samurai) or intangible (Dusky Ming the traditional type of ghost), but then soul DO exist as we pull that shit out of a guy in Xiao quest, evil spirit also seem to be mostly just leyline stuff.

There's also the fact that they look like imaginary friend that the kids have which is straight invisible to us (tho whether Venti was acting or not is not clear, i would be incline to say he's acting but whatever), whether that's intentional or not is not known but those "imaginary friend" is definitely Leyline creation cause the other option have some weird implication.

Last edited:
You know what would be funny? If Liben turn out to be a retired Fatui harbinger, more specifically Pantalone predecessor, due to alot of economical mishap or misuse of the Fatui resources, the Tsarisa order Pierro to find a new harbinger to replace Liben thus come Pantalone. He also have a pretty unique silhoutte so you know he will be available eventually.

Back