• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact General Discussion!

Can't judge cause I'm on break from Genshin and haven't even finish Yae first quest yet, but i will say that her character seem good so far base on what you guys say, pretty on brand for her. Maybe it's because i have different view on her character and just what make a good story (not like i can say why i think one is good or bad but eh) but I'm liking what you guys say so far.

Morally bad, which I'm fine with, personally. She's a Grade-A ****** and doesn't really care about others' problems until it affects her personally. She's definitely... different from the girls thus far, but I find it charming. Her sigma grindset with the Bookhouse is also funny and entertaining.

I don't think she's written badly personally, she's multifaceted and has different priorities to what other characters typically have in the game which I personally find refreshing. She's probably the closest playable character we have that acts outside of 'automatically friendly' to the player, given she willingly scams us out of our paycheck, which made me laugh lol

I don't think she's written badly personally, she's multifaceted and has different priorities to what other characters typically have in the game which I personally find refreshing. She's probably the closest playable character we have that acts outside of 'automatically friendly' to the player, given she willingly scams us out of our paycheck, which made me laugh lol
Still doesn't change that she's straight up a**hole and it's like the writter just want to add "how about a character that acted too much for being morally bad character? What could go wrong?" And vice versa

I mean that's your opinion? What if other people like the fact that she's unconventionally not-nice, I for one, am mostly sick of all the niceties Genshin throws at you. What if the writer wanted someone different from a character that was friendly or salivated in your presence cough Ayaka cough, out of all the things in this game, being a prick wouldn't be the most egregious character trait I'd condemn in this game

I mean that's your opinion? What if other people like the fact that she's unconventionally not-nice, I for one, am mostly sick of all the niceties Genshin throws at you. What if the writer wanted someone different from a character that was friendly or salivated in your presence cough Ayaka cough, out of all the things in this game, being a prick wouldn't be the most egregious character trait I'd condemn in this game
I seen a lot of peoples don't like Yae after finished her quest
Yes i welcomed something different route for a character but if it done wrong then whats the point? As i said again, the writter of Genshin Impact are so inconsistent

a character that was friendly or salivated in your presence cough Ayaka cough
Ngl, i feel like she could've been one of my favorite if they didn't write in those weird thirst implication, her archon quest selve is pretty good for me but her story quest selve just make me feel uncomfortable at time.

I seen a lot of peoples don't like Yae after finished her quest
Are these people significant enough to form a sizable sample size? I've seen a lot of people also think Ayaka was shallow and too thirsty because of her quest, it doesn't make my beliefs more correct, it means there are people who agree with me.
if it done wrong then whats the point
That's your belief. I personally think it was mostly alright but isn't that the beauty of the subjectivity of art?
860191906125709312.webp

Are these people significant enough to form a sizable sample size? I've seen a lot of people also think Ayaka was shallow and too thirsty because of her quest, it doesn't make my beliefs more correct, it means there are people who agree with me.
I mean her curiosity to the point of thirst is understandable. For anyone who is secluded majority of her life because everyone doesn't know how to interact with her and cannot form a proper kind if any type of relationship other than her brother and thoma. For most people stumbling upon something new and interesting to you.you often time want to spend so much time on it.

As for suvjectivity. Im pretty meh on normalcy of characters. Often times i want characters to have a certain exaggeration unto them to see how far can a writer push it without completely assassinating their identity and keeping it relevant to the story

I didn't exactly get the impression that Yae is outright a bad person from her Story Quest. In the end the guy who wanted her help wasn't honest and really needed a life lesson and the book that caused the situation was never particularly harmful both of which Yae seems to have recognized from the beginning. Even the Traveler paying for a variety of expensive food for her is based on them receiving a paycheck for the highly successful sales of a book they helped out with, so they didn't even end up having less money than they did before helping her out.

She's definitely a step outside of the norm though I suppose you can argue even more for Shogun or Childe given the former had an authoritarian rule and killed someone's friend. And I suppose Nehz has a point though I questioned why Yae seemed so flippant until her book sales were threatened lmao.

Burning our paychecks on expensive food wasn't cool either but to be fair, but if I remember correctly, all we did was just provide ideas for the story which in the writing industry is basically worthless and I'm surprised we got paid at all.

She's definitely a step outside of the norm though I suppose you can argue even more for Shogun or Childe given the former had an authoritarian rule and killed someone's friend. And I suppose Nehz has a point though I questioned why Yae seemed so flippant until her book sales were threatened lmao.

Burning our paychecks on expensive food wasn't cool either but to be fair, but if I remember correctly, all we did was just provide ideas for the story which in the writing industry is basically worthless and I'm surprised we got paid at all.
I think that's just her personality.

Having to pay for expensive food with a recently acquired paycheck is annoying but there were hardly any serious consequences. Wasn't the matter of the ideas tied to the Traveler's rather unusual perspective of things compared to the average citizen? They also helped out with the summoning of the spirit of that rival book's author and the following ritual Yae performed with the yokai spirits.

That's your belief. I personally think it was mostly alright but isn't that the beauty of the subjectivity of art?
860191906125709312.webp
No offense but it looks like you want to put everything in my mouth or something like that

What if the writer wanted someone different from a character that was friendly or salivated in your presence cough Ayaka cough
I’d say Ayaka kinda is a result of the fact she’s been for the most part socially isolated, she knows very little about life as a “normal” person, and The Traveler and her time with them is the closest she probably has gotten to that in her life.

I’d say Ayaka kinda is a result of the fact she’s been for the most part socially isolated, she knows very little about life as a “normal” person, and The Traveler and her time with them is the closest she probably has gotten to that in her life.
Well, normal by elemental powers wielding, travelling adventurer for hire standards

Not to mention that she relatively quickly realized that The Traveler is more interested in finding their sibling than hanging out with her and as such gave up on any "thirst" (which has different implications than y'all think in my experience but that's not important) because she knew getting past the friendzone was impossible.

Ok but seriously there are 2 ongoing Gesnhin CRTs that haven’t had discussion in ages and revitalised discussion on both would be great

I’ve been bumping my High 7-A scaling revamp for a while, same applies to Wdinatx’s Shadows amidst Snowstorms upgrades and added feats CRT, which also involves my Fellflower Profile

all of these need reviewing and accepting/reworking/rejecting

Anyway Naito if you find that i'm being so hectic debating about Yae then my apologies, when it come to a characters i absolutely despite/hate i can be such an d**khead lel

I mean, depend on how Mihoyo take it, the sustainer might be half dead by the time we fight her so her threat level would went down by quite alot, but if she still somehow was still able to put the traveler sibling on their last leg in order to beat her then it would talk alot about her prime self.

Also about Aloy, she was shown beating the cube in Inazuma and a likely canon event show her beating a ruin guard, oneshot a ruin grader with full damage from her Q (her the explosion and the bomb included) and one shoting a ruin hunter so i guess she would be around Archon quest FLT Childe level in term of power.

Thinking about it, maybe the reason why Venti still hasn't have a second story yet is because of the patern on the other 2 archon, Zhongli and Ei may have a different theme but they all follow the pattern of introducing their character more personally then seeing them deal with something of their past (Azhdaha and depression) which lead to a world boss. There aren't really anything worth mentioning about Venti past that might lead to a world boss aside from maybe late game stuff, what really happen on the tower and the full story of Durin fight, three of which only one would result in a boss battle but you have to jump alot of shark to get there, one is like it name said and the other would be unlikely but cool (imagine if we learn more about Deca and get more depressed because of it).

And while it's kindof a stretch, hangout also follow the same pattern (atleast the one i fully completed) Noelle first hangout event is basically us learning about her personally and is also the first time we interact with her extansively, her second hangout is us helping her deal with how she should study in order to pass the knight exam to attain full knight hood which is a big part of her past (till Mihoyo say otherwise) and the main reason she's who she's (as far as we know atleast), so minus the world boss it does kinda check out too.

And while it's kindof a stretch, hangout also follow the same pattern (atleast the one i fully completed) Noelle first hangout event is basically us learning about her personally and is also the first time we interact with her extansively, her second hangout is us helping her deal with how she should study in order to pass the knight exam to attain full knight hood which is a big part of her past (till Mihoyo say otherwise) and the main reason she's who she's (as far as we know atleast), so minus the world boss it does kinda check out too.
I really hope she has a character story/hangout where she becomes a knight like she’s deserved for well over a real life year and a half. She’s wholesome and more than capable but she’s apparently so bad at teamwork she does the equivalent of doing the most work on a group project while still getting the least credit.

I don't remember is it once a year or twice a year but she have been at it for SEVEN TIME so like 3.5 - 7 years, and that's not counting how her vision story said it's some years ago so it could be anywhere between 2 - 5 years which make her time of trying to be a knight 5.5 - 12 years... Like seriously, if she still doesn't become a knight after we vouch for her and even likely help her with her team work then either KOF put too much emphasis on team work and self preservation or they are real blind.

Back