• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact General Discussion!

Finished the archon quest and world quest and boy was it good, probably the best story focused patch so far.

As for feat, there aren't much beside Vision holder and element wielder being resistant toward the black mud which is lethal to normal people after some exposure but require time to kill and good rest and stuff can reduce it effect, Yelan may or may not be stronger than the traveler and Paimon is unironically more perceptive than the traveller when it come to mid combat awareness.

Last edited:
Paimon is unironically more perceptive than the traveller when it come to mid combat awareness.
Just remembered that Paimon figured out on her own that Childe was a Harbinger with more real information besides him showing up everywhere and his confidence in fighting the Traveler alone, with it being ambiguous if the Traveler had done so.

Make of that what you will.

Oh right, maybe the reason why we haven't got another Venti quest yet is cause they shoot themselve with releasing Boreas with Razor quest so now they have to wait till more region of Mondstadt to give him a second one or wait till the right time to pull a Macgyver and dust off Durin (to redeem themselve from that god awful Dvalin fight), or just figuring out how they are supposed to make a story that have no baddie and just Venti spilling the bean.

Oh right, maybe the reason why we haven't got another Venti quest yet is cause they shoot themselve with releasing Boreas with Razor quest so now they have to wait till more region of Mondstadt to give him a second one or wait till the right time to pull a Macgyver and dust off Durin (to redeem themselve from that god awful Dvalin fight), or just figuring out how they are supposed to make a story that have no baddie and just Venti spilling the bean.
I don’t understand what you mean by most of this but Venti’s first story quest didn’t have a “baddie” and the most important part was him “spilling the bean” about the bard whose form and (possibly) name he took on after he died fighting Decarabian.

Make of that what you will.

Yeah i know, thing is the other 2 have their second quest that introduce a new boss, if Venti have the same pattern then we would need to wait a bit for it since lore wise there's no characters that could fit that, so the only other option is to go like his first story quest if they want to give him one soon (which is unlikely since he got a rerun now), so i don't mean that he have to have a baddie in his 2 story quest, i mean that his quest would not go on the same vein as the other two and they would have to make a quest without a baddie as an alternative.

Also:
AAeEwGAADF6l.jpg

Shenhe's profile implies with its Acrobatics justification that Acrobatics are pretty common for the characters of Genshin Impact but I don't think that this is the case with our profiles right now.
It boggles my mind how certain characters don't have Acrobatics, especially Eula, whose first cutscene was literally scaling a tower with nothing but athletics and ambushing a sniper from behind in the air

It boggles my mind how certain characters don't have Acrobatics, especially Eula, whose first cutscene was literally scaling a tower with nothing but athletics and ambushing a sniper from behind in the air
A CRT might be appropriate then. It would need a list of characters which should have Acrobatics and would preferably also have links for the aforementioned feats.

You know, Fontaine may take inspiration mainly from france but the a leaked voiveline about Fontaine in 2.7 kinda make me feel that the vibe is kinda like Britain.

Anything that isn't Asian in Genshin is usually quite a clusterfuck. Mondstadt is supposedly German, but had a Natlan founder for an Order of Knights that's named in Latin. Also Jean and Diluc have Old Norse surnames, while Barbara's dad is named after a British celebrity. So whatever Genshin France is going to be is likely going to be a mix as well.

I mean, it's pretty hard to mix Japan with something else unless you want to make it like some ancient civilization that got sunk and later on it people come up like Enkanomiya (which is obviously greek base). Same with China as trying to mix would likely result in some weird disorganised name and culture (why they don't include my country culture to it is beyond me, could've had a cool god if that were the case).

It's however, pretty easy to do so to "western" country as they are already a hybrid of multiple different culture already. But what i want to say about the vibe isn't that it's a mix of france and britain, but that it sound like the people talk like someone who come from today british country (******** on their own country (england) freely while also enjoying it perk) the only thing missing is the passion in it and Fontaine people would sound like British people irl.

Alright, with Itto being released i'm going to make Itto vs Eula when he get his profile
Anyway my planned Genshin matches:
  • Beidou vs All Might
  • Rosaria vs Classic Capt. Marvel
  • Itto vs Eula
  • Childe vs Gintoki
  • Unnamed matches for Lisa
Changing Itto to either Ayaka or Ayato (if he get a profile), and maybe Yelan as well but we'll see
I might start making Beidou vs All Might soon, but at the same time i also have an idea for Shenhe match, it would involving someone from Kamen Rider

Also funny that we never updated the banner on our verse (Inazuma chapter)

So i just found out from the wiki that Andrius may not have created the blizzard willfully and it's merely a byproduct of his power, this wouldn't really change much currently but can anyone that play or can speak chinese confirm this cause it could also be support for Mondstadt god related feat that might surpass the current one in the future.

So i finished Itto and Ayato quest. Ayato quest is pretty good, talk about the internal struggle of the tri-commission, forward Kamaji and Chisato story and somehow show him as more of a strategist then Kokomi ever did in the archon quest, Ayato himself is pretty good. Itto quest is pure Shounen and i like it, the story world building is great, his personality is... a bit too shounen but we'll see where he goes and i don't mind it either.

Why do you have such a hate boner for her lol
Because she’s a snake who practically made it a habit to traps in conversation to try to get some form of personal gain. Heck, this new event stems from Yae using her authority to make an entire festival themed after her business which isn’t even supposed to be involved with the tri-commission and shrine and politics.

I’m still mostly mad because her entire story quest was her manipulating the Traveler to write her a best selling novel and ensuring the only thing they get in return is food… eaten by her. Why does she have to be her own event’s villain? 😠

I like her because she's of mediocre character and a more conniving personality. Likely just because of niceness fatigue from other characters. Also think it's a great tribute to Kitsune in Japanese mythology in general given she very much exemplifies Tamamo-no-Mae's worse traits of mischief and trickery. Her Story Quest ended with her tricking us into treating her, which to be fair, no harm done given we offered and the worst that happened was that she used our paycheck.

I don't think she tricked us into writing a novel so much as she did it to stop this random novel from tanking her sales, which to be fair isn't that better lol. I feel like a future Story Quest will touch on her transformation from being supposedly naive to conniving and mischievous, and also her refusal to be vulnerable in front of others.

I like her because she's of mediocre character and a more conniving personality. Likely just because of niceness fatigue from other characters. Also think it's a great tribute to Kitsune in Japanese mythology in general given she very much exemplifies Tamamo-no-Mae's worse traits of mischief and trickery.
And yet Tamamo no Mae and Koyanskaya in Fate are way BETTER written as trickster and mischief, heck the latter was even worse than OG Tama

And yet Tamamo no Mae and Koyanskaya in Fate are way BETTER written as trickster and mischief, heck the latter was even worse than OG Tama
Eh, I wouldn't really say they were better but that's your opinion. She's a complex character and I liked her entire setup, but the weak otaku-bait of "wanting to be loved" puts me off almost, though certain tropes like these always try and get in the way of what is genuinely decent character writing. Also she has the benefit of a more fleshed out story while Yae is still finding her legs to stand on in Genshin, although the story writing of Story Quests in general seems to be poorer than World Quests so I guess I understand why it'd be hard to like Yae with such poor development.

I mean, comparing Koya and tamamo from fate to Yae is pretty unfair. One have 3 or 2 game worth of info to their name and whatever in FGO and the other have appearance over most of the lost belt and have 2 version that expand on her overall character and an entire lost belt to her own. And Yae have cameo appearance on some quest, a pretty meh appearance in the archon quest, 1 story quest and an event that really doesn't show anything new about her so far. So it doesn't make sense comparing her to the other 2, they aren't even close in material to work with.

Eh, I wouldn't really say they were better but that's your opinion. She's a complex character and I liked her entire setup, but the weak otaku-bait of "wanting to be loved" puts me off almost, though certain tropes like these always try and get in the way of what is genuinely decent character writing. Also she has the benefit of a more fleshed out story while Yae is still finding her legs to stand on in Genshin, although the story writing of Story Quests in general seems to be poorer than World Quests so I guess I understand why it'd be hard to like Yae with such poor development.
Complex on what? Wanting to sell out her doujin collection? If the basis of it didn't mean about the whole re**rded book collection then i can understand, but then come along the poorly written of Genshin stories-style so no hope on it

I mean, comparing Koya and tamamo from fate to Yae is pretty unfair. One have 3 or 2 game worth of info to their name and whatever in FGO and the other have appearance over most of the lost belt and have 2 version that expand on her overall character and an entire lost belt to her own. And Yae have cameo appearance on some quest, a pretty meh appearance in the archon quest, 1 story quest and an event that really doesn't show anything new about her so far. So it doesn't make sense comparing her to the other 2, they aren't even close in material to work with.
Well they are kitsune (technically, as Koyan is the amalgam of every animals and creatures on the earth) so comparing them to Yae is needed
Heck, every kitsune characters that i know are better than her (like Hagoromo from Nurarihyon)

Alright so i finished Yae story quest, it was pretty great, classic foxy attidue for Yae but also show that she does feel actual emotion even if she always seem snarky or whatever, i liked her character before but after this i like her even better, the story also expand a bit on the Youkai in the past so that's a plus, anyway not counting bias i would rate her on my own scale at below Raiden but above Eula (or maybe not, cause really the only people that i fully vibe with and actually remember the most is unironically Zhongli and the loli bar Diona cause haven't seen much of her).

Back