• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gengar Regenerationn removal or change

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Currently: Gengar

Regenerationn (Mid-High; Gastly is composed of gas and has no real shape, so it can reform itself)

You can see the issue, right? Gengar is not made of gas and that regen comes exclusively from Gastly.

I mean, then we should give him the proper rating he should have or change the justification. Because Gengar is no Gastly.

>Because Gengar is no Gastly

But it takes on the characteristics of its previous evolutionary forms though. Just like any pokemon with an evolutionary line.

But Gengar's physiology is different from Gastly's as it is not made of gas. As such, it cant have the same regen as Gastly.

Its simple.

True, i think that only Gastly and maybe Haunter can have that type of regen on the Evolution line

Im near 100% sure that gengar is made of shadows. And that's why it can merge with other shadows.

As Gastly is the Gas pokémon, Gengar is the shadow pokémon.

My dear dood, I dont mind Gengar's regen staying, being upgraded or downgraded. But if it stays as is, it needs to have the justification updated.

Being a shadow equals Inmaterial intangibility, btw.

And about shadows and gas, no, gases are made of molecules, shadows are not made of any kind of matter.

I agree. Gengar isn't made of gas like his prevolutions.

If he has a Regenerationn feat it should be listed accordingly.

Nonexistence physiology for Gengar?

I don't think its stated what Gengar is made out of, but it's not gas. Gengar weighs 41kg, whereas Gastly weighs a mere 91g.

So... Do we agree that his current regen must be changed or removed?

GyroNutz said:
Nonexistence physiology for Gengar?

I don't think its stated what Gengar is made out of, but it's not gas. Gengar weighs 41kg, whereas Gastly weighs a mere 91g.
I think it was stated in the Red vs Elite 4 fight in the manga that gengar is made of shadows. I think.

Nope lets upgrade him to Non-existent Physiology and call it a day

Yeah, I agree with it being changed too. Or removed if nothing better can be found.

Right now Im just waiting for someone to post legit Regenerationn feats for gengar.

Doesn't Bulbapedia have a thing that says what episodes/chapters that it shows up in?

Back