• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KLOL, if the explosion vaporized the machine, would the energy that expanded afterwards be significantly reduced?
Also depends on what that machine was made out of.

If it was made out of say, depleted uranium, maybe. But that isn't remotely anything like depleted uranium.

I played
Then dropped after one hour
...then don't make comments like this. It's because the move is extremely above everything else Noelle can use as attacks to the point it's counted as instant-kill compared to the other ones.

So next time don't say this blatantly wrong stuff, thanks.

...then don't make comments like this. It's because the move is extremely above everything else Noelle can use as attacks to the point it's counted as instant-kill compared to the other ones.

So next time don't say this blatantly wrong stuff, thanks.
But it's thermal energy tho. So it shouldnt be used anyway if theres no UES

If it was made out of say, depleted uranium, maybe. But that isn't remotely anything like depleted uranium.
My issue is also the fact that the explosion itself is lackluster, thus bringing me to the thought of energy being lost. The machine got vaporized but the explosion was barely bigger than it, while an actual explosion of that type, one that can actually vaporize the object containing it, would be far larger than it. This made me consider the fact that energy was lost vaporizing the duck and you only get hit with whatever is left over.

Then yeah, it's just a normal feat.
My issue is also the fact that the explosion itself is lackluster, thus bringing me to the thought of energy being lost. The machine got vaporized but the explosion was barely bigger than it, while an actual explosion of that type, one that can actually vaporize the object containing it, would be far larger than it.
Area of Effect fallacy. Fiction doesn't have to respect the law of conservation of energy. If it generated that much energy and it has no real-life or in-universe reason to be depleted, you're arguing non-sense.

Guys, THIS IS HOW CLOSE THE HEART WAS TO THE EPICENTER. And the explosion starts outside of the machine.

It's clearly just 2 centimeters, Kris scales to the full yield of that thing.
HPeepzM.png

OAVdVUE.png

Its there any CRT about that?
Not really as it's the only heat based calc, funnily enough. But Magic is used as an actual statistics alongside attack and defense, and, as the name suggests, the stat is about the effectiveness of the magic spells, and it's an actual thing unlike other purely cosmetic stats like cuteness (lmao). And yes, Magic is also linked to the SOUL, which is the essence of one's being in the verse and scales to physicals.

But it's kinda of derailing anyways lmao.

visually speaking the heart goes behind the machine which would make it the width of the machine away
It's a 2D pixel game, Arceus for the love of GOD.

Anyway, this thread is just terrible (for what it's purposing, nothing against OP). I disagree, and won't be making a worthless calc for a 1% decrease in value.

I always hated the Black Box argument regardless, as it leads to just loopholes and blatant issues that just can be solved from treating it as just a simple game mechanic. Undertale and Deltarune being meta af don't mean that every game mechanic that can be found is canon.

so before you were defending the whole black box thing but the moment I talk about visuals "it is a 2d game". We either rely on what we see or we don't, and I see the soul go behind the machine.
Gotta love the absolute false equivalency between the black box being an actual thing, which has a lot of support given how the machine is in the EXACT same plane as Kris before it moves into the black box, and the game being 2D and objects obviously being incapable of visually colliding.

This phenomenon where the SOUL goes behind the bullet happens all the time in Jevil's fight, the SOUL is not going BEHIND the bullet realistically, you still get damaged by it, it's going through it.

Yeah yeah sure like it went through the cage that Kris threw it in. Nah mate I ain't buying this BS.

Two pages in and already getting aggressive i see.

let's cool it please, jesus christ it's the funny freedom game no need to kill each other (yet) 🙏

anyways. the current arguments from what i've seen like it being a gag feat, and you going "behind the machine" (which isn't really a good argument since it's clearly harming you, so you aren't just standing next to it)

currently don't care for the downgrade, but the arguements are kinda silly.

Interpretation is not your forte. Stop humiliating yourself.
Don't tell me what is my forte and what is not. I can interpret it however tf I want. I went with your logic of going by visuals and I saw it go behind the machine. Could he get hit with the machine's wing or just with it exploding? Absolutely, never said he was far behind it. I simply used visuals to describe what is visually going on. If we go by interpretation then I'll interpret this feat as LOK did, a gag and an outlier, and say it should be removed for that.
"The heart goes behind the machine" lmao piss off
caption.gif

Don't tell me what is my forte and what is not. I can interpret it however tf I want. I went with your logic of going by visuals and I saw it go behind the machine. Could he get hit with the machine's wing or just with it exploding? Absolutely, never said he was far behind it. I simply used visuals to describe what is visually going on. If we go by interpretation then I'll interpret this feat as LOK did, a gag and an outlier, and say it should be removed for that.
And this take would be inaccurate as well, only my counterarguments would change to account for that.

Your interpretation is not understanding that 2D games use layers in different ways in cutscenes or gameplay to convey depth, it's not necessarily 1-to-1, your interpretation lacks artistic awareness. That's just it.

You can interpret that the SOUL is behind bars because it's one layers behind and the fact cages are supposed to lock things.
This doesn't mean the SOUL going behind a bullet means it's directly behind the bullet, we know that because depth has no part in battles (unless it's a specific mechanic), the bullet interacts with you and because you can't accurately convey things going through objects in 2D.

It's two different scenarios that you think should act the same way, when they shouldn't.

Proximity isn't really that relevant, if the main argument is "something was in the way of the blast and may have absorbed a portion of it", which i find reasonable. This isn't a bomb purposefully designed to blow things up, it's an object self-destructing.

Proximity isn't really that relevant, if the main argument is "something was in the way of the blast and may have absorbed a portion of it", which i find reasonable. This isn't a bomb purposefully designed to blow things up, it's an object self-destructing.
My thoughts exactly.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree here as well.

Also yes, please calm down.

What do you think of what Armor said here?

if the main argument is "something was in the way of the blast and may have absorbed a portion of it", which i find reasonable.
The energy was powerful enough to vaporize the materials, it couldn't have absorbed anything at the end of the day - it was vaporized, there's no object left to absorb it.
Energy and Matter can't be destroyed, so the energy used to vaporize the object still expanded. Not to mention the explosion started outside of the duck.

The energy was powerful enough to vaporize the materials, it couldn't have absorbed anything at the end of the day - it was vaporized, there's no object left to absorb it.
The energy that vaporized the material was spent vaporizing the materials and would not be directly transferred to someone standing behind them. How much more of that there was, you cannot really tell.
Energy and Matter can't be destroyed, so the energy used to vaporize the object still expanded.
Not in a way where you'd get to tank 100% of it.
Not to mention the explosion started outside of the duck.
That makes no sense. It's clearly the thing exploding, why would the blast start outside it? You're taking the graphics way too literally.

The energy that vaporized the material was spent vaporizing the materials and would not be directly transferred to someone standing behind them. How much more of that there was, you cannot really tell.

Not in a way where you'd get to tank 100% of it.
Yeah but this is entirely speculative, we can't make an accurate calculation and we also have to take into account that the energy calculated was only depicting the vaporization when it could in fact be much higher and it simply had nothing else to vaporize.

The Rate of Energy Transfer was abnormally fast too.

Yeah but this is entirely speculative, we can't make an accurate calculation and we also have to take into account that the energy calculated was only depicting the vaporization when it could in fact be much higher and it simply had nothing else to vaporize.
Yeah it could but if we're going by "could" you might as well say it was 8-A cause I mean, it could have been

Yeah it could but if we're going by "could" you might as well say it was 8-A cause I mean, it could have been
Orrrr we could leave it at the level it's currently scaled to. Without knowing the total energy of the explosion, we can’t definitively say what proportion was used to vaporize the machine. The explosion could indeed still have most of its energy if the total energy was significantly larger than the energy required for vaporization. And an explosion isn't the most effective in transfering energy, even then it was more than enough to vaporize it.

An explosion releases energy as heat, light, sound, and kinetic energy. Some of this energy is used to vaporize the machine, but the rest could be distributed in other forms. For example, a large portion of the energy could be released as a shock wave (kinetic energy), or as heat and light.

You are right that we don't know anything for sure, but that is not a reason to shrug and go "eh, let's just scale to the full calculable yield anyways". It's in fact the exact reason given for discarding the feat entirely.

You are right that we don't know anything for sure, but that is not a reason to shrug and go "eh, let's just scale to the full calculable yield anyways". It's in fact the exact reason given for discarding the feat entirely.
I guess you're right. Scaling to the full calculable yield without concrete evidence can lead to some misinterpretations. I was reading about Shielding Effects in explosions and that seemed about right.

I agree with the thread.

Alright now that it has been settled, unless KLol and Psycho reply with any rebuttal I'll probably call some more thread mods and see if they agree and then apply the thread.

Alright now that it has been settled, unless KLol and Psycho reply with any rebuttal I'll probably call some more thread mods and see if they agree and then apply the thread.
Therefir should likely be informed of this as he is a staff supporter and maker of this calc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back