• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

As you said that the Silver City is part of the multiverse, but it is not, which is confirmed by the DC guidebook

Heaven itself is an afterworld, home to the souls of those
who died deserving of paradise as their eternal reward
for whatever righteous and courageous lives they may
have led. The Silver City is not home to these spirits and
is distinctly not the same as Heaven. The Silver City is a
physical outpost used by the hosts of Heaven when deal-
ing with mortal creation and it exists outside (or “above”)
creation
. Mortals reputedly couldn’t survive contact with
even its mere environment as only spirit is able to survive
such sights and sounds. It is home base to the four hosts
that serve the Presence, the great angelic armies of the
Bull Host, the Eagle Host, the Lion Host, and the Host of
Man (or Guardian Angels)
I never said Silver City was part of the multiverse, but rather emphasized that it was not part of created things and was not the same as heaven. In the Lucifer series, Silver City is also referred to as heaven, but it is still not part of created things or has the true scope of heaven. A place where God's throne and his divine word are located. Silver City clearly transcends creation. And their interpretations of Silver City, later or current, are nowhere near Mike and Neil's and are grossly distorted.

Anyway, as I said, composite hierarchy should never come into effect on this wiki. I say the same thing for other verses. Only very close studies can be combined.

never said Silver City was part of the multiverse, but rather emphasized that it was not part of created things and was not the same as heaven.
The guidebook says the same thing.

In the Lucifer series, Silver City is also referred to as heaven, but it is still not part of created things or has the true scope of heaven.
And guidebook
Silver City clearly transcends creation. And their interpretations of Silver City, later or current, are nowhere near Mike and Neil's and are grossly distorted.
Is it written somewhere that the Silver City of Cary is located outside of all Dc? I definitely haven't seen anything like this. Why do you interpret it this way and not as outside the physical multiverse? Why should this particular interpretation be correct? The guidebook erased these contradictions and left the same description as the authors did in their comics. If someone says that a certain structure is superior to a given hierarchical structure in the past, and new information is given that this structure has become inferior to the structure that it was superior to, then the more recent information will be used.

The SOG was introduced later in the chronology, but Darkseid and the other gods have existed in it since the beginning of DC cosmology. Do you understand? Introducing new things later does not cancel out something old.

There definitely are ties between DeMatteis' works and Morrison's continuity wise, as well as a couple other connections you can make.

This thread seems a bit cluttered with discussions as is, but feel free to message me if you're curious what I'm talking about.
Some of Morrison's old stories certainly have ties to DeMatteis' contributions.

Based on the discussions here, I did not see any contradictions between the cosmologies of these authors...
We have already discussed this and explained the reason earlier in the discussion.

Last edited:
You still don't understand what I mean...

Yahweh and Lucifer operate in their lower manifestations. Lucifers avatar in 2018. I talk about True Lucifer and True Yahweh and have never connected them to Presence.

I did not say otherwise, on the contrary I emphasized this many times. Even though the Yahweh of 2018 is portrayed as omnipotent, he is dependent on Lucifer. Getting the plan there is no problem, it has never been a problem. What we see in Lucifer Vol 1 is that Yahweh does not need Lucifer and can easily destroy him just as he created him. This situation changes completely in Vol 3.
Can you provide scans/images to support your opinion?

Lucifer with lower manifestations? Are you serious? it was never stated that way.
Vishnu says he never met lucifer without wings, according to him lucifer without wings is just an avatar.[Here] but that's the real lucifer, this is the real avatar of lucifer [Here] and after entering the void he regained his wings [Here], [Here], [Here], [Here] and [Here].

The phrase "infinite and eternal" really indicates that it is beginningless. He always existed, people changed him, Lucifer and the history of creation with their dreams. In Lucifer Vol 1, there are creators before him, but since he is infinite, his true self is one with the Void, and the dreams deemed him worthy of Godhood itself. Stop talking about creation as the physical world, you're practically declaring that you haven't read the series.

There are things that are left out of the book of destiny. There are things Delirium knows that are not in the book. The book doesn't actually include everything. The extents of Night and Time are extensions of Lucifer's will. Existing before something does not indicate a clear superiority of power.
He is infinite and eternal because he was formed by external forces [Here], he originally existed because he was formed by human thoughts[Here], the pure energy, gods born in the dreaming realm is not from the void [Here], unless you can prove it. even if it is true, it also means nothing because the void is not only that and everything [sphere of the gods] only exists in a perpetua creation.

Without external forces they are weak and hungry
Here, Here, Here, Here

The physical world is erased bro, they discuss about the physical world which they call creation, The silver city was also part of Yahweh's creation but what was omitted was the physical world:
Here, Here, Here.
Behind creation there is Void
[Here] after that elaine belloc went to the silver city to recreate creation, meaning the silver city was not obliterated [Here].
The void is beyond the physical world and also beyond the metaphysical world, because there was creation before Yahweh [Here]

I don't remember about delirium, you equate night and time as physical manifestations? it is an abstract concept beyond the physical, even Lucifer is bound by the rules of destiny book.
Lucifer cannot resist Death after he dies, but he can never truly die. Even if he dies, he comes back to maintain duality. Much more powerful than Endless, he can destroy them. I agree that Yahweh represents a higher being.
All gods [Here] experience the cycle of life and death, even dream and destiny also experience it, all die [the sphere of the gods and the physical world] except death [Here],[Here], [Here], [Here]
Meaning they are not really dead, Lucifer knew it was impossible to avoid death, they only slowed it down [Here] he also killed silkman.
You can prevent death by limiting her power, even wizards once wanted to do that but all they caught was morpheus
Yahweh is limited to His creation

Last edited:
And I don’t reach Brahma’s plan?

These are more difficult. Morrison pointed out that this trinity forms a unity. But there is also a strange thing: the Unknowable itself is not on the map. The Unknowable easily makes a crack on the Overvoid using the Source as ink, simply by drawing on white paper. He, based on his name, is Unknowable to them
It could be that The Unknowable is a creature like the hands and cosmic raptor races, located outside the source wall

It could be that The Unknowable is a creature like the hands and cosmic raptor races, located outside the source wall
Yes, it was he who created the entire Dc cosmology (at least in the old comics), where everything Dc is the tree of the Cabal, and the Unknowable Aif Soph. Morrison barely mentioned him in his interviews, emphasizing that he is too unknowable and a transcendental entity who is an artist who paints on canvas (Overvoid). In the older comics it was stated that the Unknowable created the void, but not sure if he created the Overvoid in the later ones

We have already discussed this and explained the reason earlier in the discussion.
The Unknowable = Demattheis's God, if we were to use Demattheis's words outside the cosmology map. But in any case, there were no adequate reasoning, except for subjective reasons

The Unknowable = Demattheis's God, if we were to use Demattheis's words outside the cosmology map. But in any case, there were no adequate reasoning, except for subjective reasons
The Unknowable is not DeMatteis' God, what are you talking about? It was a word used by Morrison to describe what lies beyond the Source Wall which he referred to as Monitor-Mind, Source and The Unknowable. He didn't say that the Unknowable is Demattheis's God or the Supreme God.

Lucifer cannot resist Death after he dies, but he can never truly die. Even if he dies, he comes back to maintain duality. Much more powerful than Endless, he can destroy them. I agree that Yahweh represents a higher being.
This is a big misconception. Just because you are stronger than something does not mean you are free from its concept. Darkseid subdued the Black Racer, but he is not stronger than him?

The Unknowable is not DeMatteis' God, what are you talking about? It was a word used by Morrison to describe what lies beyond the Source Wall which he referred to as Monitor-Mind, Source and The Unknowable. He didn't say that the Unknowable is Demattheis's God or the Supreme God.
The Unknowable is the general archetype of the creator and creator deity. For him, the Overvoid is just paper, and the Source is ink, which he uses to simply draw

The Unknowable is the general archetype of the creator and creator deity. For him, the Overvoid is just paper, and the Source is ink, which he uses to simply draw
This stuff was just Morrison's words in an interview. We've never seen this in the comics.

Actually, we saw a crack form in the Overvoid. Morrison took the Unknowable from this comic. Ultimately, his interviews do not contradict anything
Morrison also considered the Presence to be the creator of the material world and didn't mention the "Unknowable" in his later stories, except in the map of the multiverse, but with the first point, who really created everything in Morrison's Cosmology?

The Presence?

The Unknowable?

I don't think there were implied to be the same and even if this was the case, this was changed over the years with a new creation origins

The Presence?
Only the physical multiverse and Heaven

In the beginning, the Presence created the universe, push-
ing back the primordial darkness to the fringes of creation.
From the resultant chaosplasm, the Presence created first
Heaven and then the physical structure of the multiverse.
Within that physical structure, the Presence created the
Silver City to act as the base of operations for his servants
while finishing their assigned tasks in populating the new
existence with concepts and worlds and stars and living
things and all other such phenomena.

The Unknowable?
All DC

In the case of comic book stories, it's the war between white page and ink. And who's to say that the page might want that particular story drawn on it? [laughs] What happens if the page is a bit pissed off at the story that's drawn on it? So I thought of the page as God. The idea being that the Overvoid – as we called it in Final Crisis - of the white page as a space is sort of God. And it's condensing stories out of itself because it finds inside its own gigantic white space, self-absorbed pristine consciousness, it finds this little stain or mark, this DC Multiverse somebody has 'drawn'. And it starts investigating, and it's just shocked with what it sees, with all the crazy activity and signifying going on in there. It then tries to protect itself from the seething contact with 'story' and imagines a race of beings, 'angels' or 'monitors' (another word for angel, of course) to function as an interface between its own giant eternal magnificence and this tiny, weird crawling anthill of life and significance that is the DC Multiverse.

Morrison also considered the Presence to be the creator of the material world and didn't mention the "Unknowable" in his later stories, except in the map of the multiverse, but with the first point, who really created everything in Morrison's Cosmology?
That the comics of the past, that subsequent guidebooks confirm that Yahweh created only the physical multiverse, and has nothing to do with everything DC. The Unknowable is never shown or indicated, but caused all the events of the multiverse, this does not in any way cancel the character's presence

Morrison sometimes contradicts himself in his stories. There are a few examples to show this.

I didn't see anything interesting in the comic
Doom patrol 1987 #83-89
From what I see, it has nothing to do with the cosmic races outside the source wall. The writer of this story is Rachel porllack.

Maybe this story has something to do with the Sandman comic [ the dreaming universe 2018 #19-20 ].
Kabbalah

Demattheis's doesn't know what the overvoid is, the stories he writes seem to only exist in the sphere of the gods
This map was created in 2014 and perhaps The Unknowable is referring to races like the hands and cosmic raptor that appeared in comics in 2018 as the creators of the DC universe.

I didn't see anything interesting in the comic
Doom patrol 1987 #83-89
From what I see, it has nothing to do with the cosmic races outside the source wall. The writer of this story is Rachel porllack.

Maybe this story has something to do with the Sandman comic [ the dreaming universe 2018 #19-20 ].
Kabbalah

Demattheis's doesn't know what the overvoid is, the stories he writes seem to only exist in the sphere of the gods
This map was created in 2014 and perhaps The Unknowable is referring to races like the hands and cosmic raptor that appeared in comics in 2018 as the creators of the DC universe.
He can't relate to them, he created the Dc multiverse by drawing it on the Overvoid using the Source as ink. He talked about the Unknowable even before the appearance of the map, calling it God.
Moreover, even the Overvoid does not know who the Unknowable is, because being the only being in his opinion, he was unable to recognize the one who created or drew the crack on his infinite self. So the Unknowable is totally superior to both the Overvoid, the Source, and their servants.

Interrupting the daily cosmology debate to plug this thread:
In case anyone’s interested in discussing the new James Gunn DC universe.

Interrupting the daily cosmology debate to plug this thread:
In case anyone’s interested in discussing the new James Gunn DC universe.
Thank God! This whole debate about whether we should combine the entire DC cosmology into one has become very boring and tedious.

This is interesting.

I didn’t even write that he died in the usual sense of the word. Even the New Gods cannot die in the usual sense of understanding, collecting themselves from fragments, or trying to escape from the Source.
They have died? The whole story of “Death” of the New Gods proves that notion. We've also seen that they died in a conventional sense on their level. Death is death.
The new gods surpassed him because of their possession of Anti-Life and faith in them, I did not write that in their basic states they are stronger than him. On the contrary, I myself know and believe that Yhwach is the strongest in the Sphere of the Gods, with the exception of Anti-Life, or the Black Racer. But this is only a quantitative difference, and this does not mean that it cannot be surpassed, which is what happened in the Final Crisis.
Yahweh transcends the Endless. Death, herself has no claim over her, and at the time of Vertigo, she wasn't an aspect or goddess of death. She is Death itself.
There are no beings of a high order in the Sphere of the Gods; they are all equal on the same plane of existence.
They are not equal. You're telling me the Endless are equal to Greek gods who already claimed that Dream himself already transcends him and the gods.
This is a very strange statement. Terms in comics or other fictional universes do not have to be used correctly, they are not a scientific article, but only the thoughts of the authors, who are not necessarily philosophers, taking only indirect ideas for their works. Thus, it can be stated that in real life there are no creatures capable of destroying the multiverse, which means it is unrealistic for comics.
Yes, and the claim is incomprehensible, Darkseid is larger than the multiverse in size, and older than time, some part, although it is logical that not all, is used from Plato’s descriptions
The wrong usage still is the wrong usage. There not platonic in nature as their force are tied to themselves being more psychopomps for some concept. Like how Evil can still exist outside of Darkseid.

Darkseid is also not larger than the Multiverse. He can cast a shadow of illusions that are conveyed through the Orrery but that's about it.
What difference does it make what happened before? The Source used to not be an absolute, but only showed itself as walls around ordinary universes, but thanks to a change in the hierarchical system and a character census, it became the strongest being in cosmology, along with the Unknowable and the Overvoid. What was previously interpreted as Yahweh being the strongest and going beyond the Dc cosmology is false for what comes next
Except nothing delfects the fact that Yahweh still isn't the strongest being.
He did not protect in the truest sense of the word when he descended into the universe. This was done by angels, who are emanations of his will or man-made creations. But we were talking about a context to which Darkseid is absolutely inappropriate
Darkseid isn't the defender. What's so hard to understand about that same goes for Yahweh?
This is confirmed by Gaiman's comic. The Source is an absolute being, so why not.
Within the framework of Morrison's comics, it was Darkseid who killed the New Gods, since he called Starlin's comic a secondary canon, Apocrypha, only a partial description of huge cosmic events.
Never was confirmed. Starlin didn't write from Gaiman’s logic.
The interview does not contradict the comic, where before Darkseid was defeated, he was captured by Black Racer. Well, the author’s opinion will still be more important than the reader’s opinion. I will never listen to what people write to me on the Internet that go against the opinion of the author, who clearly knows better what he writes
Authors have no actual say in what's being printed. That’s how it works.
NRAMA: Superman and Darkseid - for those of us who didn't attend night classes on New Genesis...despite being shot through the heart, Darkseid is still alive, he's taking aim at Orion to basically start the whole story, and the Flashes lead the Black racer to him...and that kills him? I feel a little slow here, but when did he start falling through the multiverses?

GM: Again, I don’t think you need to know anything about New Genesis or any other information apart from what’s in the story. Darkseid wasn’t shot in the heart. We all know Batman doesn’t kill people, hasn’t killed people for 70 years and isn’t about to start here. It’s a big enough deal for Batman to pick up a gun. He winged Turpin knowing that the Radion in the bullet would be enough to poison Darkseid’s divine essence. Radion only kills gods after all. It slays idea After that shot, Darkseid is dying, just as someone with radiation poisoning might slowly expire, as Superman explains in #7. The Black Racer drags him strugs.gling away into oblivion over the course of that issue until nothing remains but the fading, ghost-echoes of his malice.

Darkseid started falling through the universe after the event we experienced as The Death of The New Gods. He fell backwards through time and wound up in a human body, on Earth, in the Mister Miracle series back in 2005.
At the end? We're talking about prior when he was dying. His being dragged by the Black Racer wasn't shown. So this doesn't really make a point.

I told you, the concept of divinity only exists in the sphere of the gods. The statement that I am infinite, I am omnipotent only applies in their area/place.
Lower dimensions are limited when compared to higher dimensions and that is normal.

You haven't proven the reason why God/smile or Yahweh is above the sixth dimension
It was shown that the Hands are agents of the Presence and born of it.

No he’s not. If we only look at that one statement from Death Metal in a vacuum and ignore everything else than sure. However, obviously that wouldn’t be an honest thing to do. Thankfully, It was already clarified before in an interview that the Presence is just an aspect of a grander creator, with the Source being a less manifest creator God than the Presence. And this makes perfect sense when we take a moment to actually recognize the Presence’s consistent depiction as not this ineffable boundless energy outside of the whole cosmology, but simply the boring looking monopoly man that sometimes appears as a dog, lives in the Silver City within the Multiverse, and is not even powerful enough to kill beings from humanities Collective Unconscious.

So actually you’re the one who’s wrong here.
The “Dog” literally was written by Didio and Matteis and is the same God as the Smile.

Whose word can drive Blight and all evil from Creation. He also made the council of eternity pass judgment fairly and literally destroy Blight being one of its members. An aspect of the Voice, the spirit of Redemption can drive Blight back to the CU.

Phantom Stranger literally called the Dog, the “Divine Presence.” Recall the Spectre story of a being that encompasses the Void beyond all voids, the non-existence threshold before form, thoughts, or anyone. The being that surpasses and contains everyone and everything. Matteis literally uses Presence and God as interchangeable terms. He called God; Smile behind the Universe, Divine Presence, Magician, the Voice, etc….

The Presence is still at the top as seen in Metal. Being the highest force of Unseen Beings beyond the Multiverse.

The “Dog” literally was written by Didio and Matteis and is the same God as the Smile.

Whose word can drive Blight and all evil from Creation. He also made the council of eternity pass judgment fairly and literally destroy Blight being one of its members. An aspect of the Voice, the spirit of Redemption can drive Blight back to the CU.

Phantom Stranger literally called the Dog, the “Divine Presence.” Recall the Spectre story of a being that encompasses the Void beyond all voids, the non-existence threshold before form, thoughts, or anyone. The being that surpasses and contains everyone and everything. Matteis literally uses Presence and God as interchangeable terms. He called God; Smile behind the Universe, Divine Presence, Magician, the Voice, etc….

The Presence is still at the top as seen in Metal. Being the highest force of Unseen Beings beyond the Multiverse.
This is very wrong. Not only is this dog confirmed to be just a part of a godhead(meaning it already can’t be the Smile) but the Smile is also said to be beyond the Presence. We see this here in Dr. Fate, that it’s “a God not like God(The Presence) and the devil” but a place beyond these opposites. So saying “Dematteis uses Presence and God interchangeably” wouldn’t support what you’re saying here since the Smile is already clarified to be a type of God beyond God/The Presence.

What you’re saying about Blight is already included in my point. Due to his nature as a being of humanities CU, the Presence cannot kill him and instead only drive him back into the CU. And we see this narrative pushed within a lot Dematteis’s stories involving the CU beings.

This is very wrong. Not only is this dog confirmed to be just a part of a godhead(meaning it already can’t be the Smile) but the Smile is also said to be beyond the Presence. We see this here in Dr. Fate, that it’s “a God not like God(The Presence) and the devil” but a place beyond these opposites. So saying “Dematteis uses Presence and God interchangeably” wouldn’t support what you’re saying here since the Smile is already clarified to be a type of God beyond God/The Presence.

What you’re saying about Blight is already included in my point. Due to his nature as a being of humanities CU, the Presence cannot kill him and instead only drive him back into the CU. And we see this narrative pushed within a lot Dematteis’s stories involving the CU beings.
Like how the Magician is God in human form but at the same time is God. Infinite taking finite form is still infinite in nature. Also, he uses Presence interchangeably. He refers to it as the Presence almost all the time unless especially calls it another name. It's sort of like how we refer to the Presence as “DC version of God.”

Also, all things derive from God. If he wants to take it back as we've seen in Doctor Fate #6. All things spring from his fiery breath, it can also go back. His not inherently evil because she/he finds all things necessary for the soul to experience growth.

They have died? The whole story of “Death” of the New Gods proves that notion. We've also seen that they died in a conventional sense on their level. Death is death.
These were only apocryphal events of cosmic events. It has already been confirmed several times that the Source can resurrect the New Gods if they are destroyed.
Yahweh transcends the Endless. Death, herself has no claim over her, and at the time of Vertigo, she wasn't an aspect or goddess of death. She is Death itself.
Being superior to something does not free you from the concept. Just because you are stronger than death doesn't mean you can't die. Didi has also appeared in DC comics. And stop it already, Vertigo and DC are the same universe
They are not equal. You're telling me the Endless are equal to Greek gods who already claimed that Dream himself already transcends him and the gods.
Quantitative and qualitative difference are two different things. People are all three-dimensional, but not equal to each other

The wrong usage still is the wrong usage. There not platonic in nature as their force are tied to themselves being more psychopomps for some concept. Like how Evil can still exist outside of Darkseid.
These are fictional universes, this is a completely normal thing. What's the problem? There are similar concepts in various pantheons, but Darkseid is the archetype of evil in the world of the gods.
Except nothing delfects the fact that Yahweh still isn't the strongest being.
It is not known exactly, because they cannot create an adequate balance of power

Darkseid isn't the defender. What's so hard to understand about that same goes for Yahweh?
In the context of protecting the universe, we were talking about Yahweh
Never was confirmed. Starlin didn't write from Gaiman’s logic.
His comic is minor and his plot cosmology has been rewritten

Authors have no actual say in what's being printed. That’s how it works.
As long as it is not prohibited, but this was not the case
At the end? We're talking about prior when he was dying. His being dragged by the Black Racer wasn't shown. So this doesn't really make a point.
Racer was shown capturing Darkseid's true essence from Turpin

Like how the Magician is God in human form but at the same time is God. Infinite taking finite form is still infinite in nature. Also, he uses Presence interchangeably. He refers to it as the Presence almost all the time unless especially calls it another name. It's sort of like how we refer to the Presence as “DC version of God.”

Also, all things derive from God. If he wants to take it back as we've seen in Doctor Fate #6. All things spring from his fiery breath, it can also go back. His not inherently evil because she/he finds all things necessary for the soul to experience growth.
Cool but that’s not the case for the Presence so who cares. You can repeat that he uses God interchangeably for the Presence but that doesn’t change the point I made in my last comment. The type of God the Presence is supposed to be an aspect of, is beneath the type of God the Smile is. The Smile is a God in the sense of a place beyond opposites, an ineffable, non-dual, ground of being. You trying to equate these two entities when one is explicitly confirmed to be something different and massively beneath the other, is only further contributing to why so many people struggle to understand DC’s cosmology and the cosmic hierarchy.

Cool but that’s not the case for the Presence so who cares. You can repeat that he uses God interchangeably for the Presence but that doesn’t change the point I made in my last comment. The type of God the Presence is supposed to be an aspect of, is beneath the type of God the Smile is. The Smile is a God in the sense of a place beyond opposites, an ineffable, non-dual, ground of being. You trying to equate these two entities when one is explicitly confirmed to be something different and massively beneath the other, is only further contributing to why so many people struggle to understand DC’s cosmology and the cosmic hierarchy.
The Presence in Matteis’ Cosmology is the same God. It has nothing to do with other interpretations. He does very much use them interchangeably.

Case in point Presence = Divine Presence = Smile = God. The only difference is how manifest they are. As such the Voice is an aspect of God and his shape can be that of say a Scottish Terrier. Infinite is still infinite and he is very aware of himself as God. Like how the Magaician or Meher Baba is meant to be a guiding hand, God incarnate. Same logic as how Jesus is God but in flesh but he has all the powers and logic, God the Father has.

Supergirl call God, the Presence. Stranger calls God, Divine Presence, Spectre calls the Oversoul, Divine Presence. A random demon calls the Universe dreamed by the Presence/Creator. Matteis almost always refers to the Presence as God. I would know since I've chatted quite a bit with him.

Last edited:
The Presence in Matteis’ Cosmology is the same God. It has nothing to do with other interpretations. He does very much use them interchangeably.

Case in point Presence = Divine Presence = Smile = God. The only difference is how manifest they are. As such the Voice is an aspect of God and his shape can be that of say a Scottish Terrier. Infinite is still infinite and he is very aware of himself as God. Like how the Magaician or Meher Baba is meant to be a guiding hand, God incarnate. Same logic as how Jesus is God but in flesh but he has all the powers and logic, God the Father has.

Supergirl call God, the Presence. Stranger calls God, Divine Presence, Spectre calls the Oversoul, Divine Presence. A random demon calls the Universe dreamed by the Presence/Creator. Matteis almost always refers to the Presence as God. I would know since I've chatted quite a bit with him.
None of this is true and the comics disagree with you. The point I made with the evidence I posted addresses the whole narrative you’re currently pushing and refutes it. The Presence can be called God another 50 times and it wouldn’t matter, because he’s not a God like the Smile.

Also it’s funny that you posted that tweet of you nagging Dematteis with questions because Dematteis literally doesn’t even see himself as a sole authoritative on how to interpret what he writes. That’s why he’s just going along with what you’re saying and not actually giving some type of definitive answer.

image.png

And matter of fact, he’s expressed this to you almost every time you bug him and you still haven’t managed to take a hint.

IMG_2666.png

You honestly need to leave Dematteis alone. The guy is 70 year olds and definitely doesn’t want to be bothered by power scalers trying to trick answers out of him for debate ammo.

None of this is true and the comics disagree with you. The point I made with the evidence I posted addresses the whole narrative you’re currently pushing and refutes it. The Presence can be called God another 50 times and it wouldn’t matter, because he’s not a God like the Smile.
Except in the stories, he uses God as interchangeable with the Presence.

Just some examples:
Not to mention how Stranger tells us we are all connected to the Oversoul that lives in them. That the Smile is not only behind and beyond all things but also “within” all things.
Also it’s funny that you posted that tweet of you nagging Dematteis with questions because Dematteis literally doesn’t even see himself as a sole authoritative on how to interpret what he writes. That’s why he’s just going along with what you’re saying and not actually giving some type of definitive answer.

image.png

And matter of fact, he’s expressed this to you almost every time you bug him and you still haven’t managed to take a hint.

IMG_2666.png

You honestly need to leave Dematteis alone. The guy is 70 year olds and definitely doesn’t want to be bothered by power scalers trying to trick answers out of him for debate ammo.
More people have bothered the guy in an attempt to better understand what he meant. I'll admit I was pushing it but Matteis has countless times have done this with others asking questions. He knows we're curious and he loves it when we try to decipher what he says. However, that's pretty irrelevant to what we're discussing. In most of my discussions, I usually apologize if I was taking too long to understand and catch his memo.

These were only apocryphal events of cosmic events. It has already been confirmed several times that the Source can resurrect the New Gods if they are destroyed.

Being superior to something does not free you from the concept. Just because you are stronger than death doesn't mean you can't die. Didi has also appeared in DC comics. And stop it already, Vertigo and DC are the same universe

Quantitative and qualitative difference are two different things. People are all three-dimensional, but not equal to each other

These are fictional universes, this is a completely normal thing. What's the problem? There are similar concepts in various pantheons, but Darkseid is the archetype of evil in the world of the gods.

It is not known exactly, because they cannot create an adequate balance of power

In the context of protecting the universe, we were talking about Yahweh

His comic is minor and his plot cosmology has been rewritten

As long as it is not prohibited, but this was not the case

Racer was shown capturing Darkseid's true essence from Turpin
I'm tired of the discussion. We’ll just agree to disagree.

Except in the stories, he uses God as interchangeable with the Presence.

Just some examples:
Not to mention how Stranger tells us we are all connected to the Oversoul that lives in them. That the Smile is not only behind and beyond all things but also “within” all things.
I don’t know how to get this across to you as clear as possible, but yes the Presence is called God, however that is not the problem. The problem is that in one of the scans I posted, the Smile is directly differentiated from the Presence. I’ll write out the text from the scan and also post the scan myself to make sure you can’t miss it unless you ignore my entire comment.

“The answer doesn’t lie in the opposites… or between the opposites. The Answer lies in something that.. Transcends! Not God and Devil, Mother and Father, Order and Chaos! But a place… a God… beyond opposites! Beyond language!”
IMG_1874.jpg

If you’re reading you can see what’s considered the heavenly God/Presence, is not what the Smile is. The Smile is something transcendent to God, it is a place or God that is literally beyond God. This is probably going to be my last comment to you on this so I hope you actually take what I’m saying into consideration and reevaluate your understanding of the verse.

More people have bothered the guy in an attempt to better understand what he meant. I'll admit I was pushing it but Matteis has countless times have done this with others asking questions. He knows we're curious and he loves it when we try to decipher what he says. However, that's pretty irrelevant to what we're discussing. In most of my discussions, I usually apologize if I was taking too long to understand and catch his memo.
So because they’re pestering him that means you should do it too? Also no DeMatteis doesn’t love when you try to decipher what he says because DeMatteis doesn’t even believe there’s anything to “decipher” in the first place. In the clearest words possible he’s told you and all the others that bug him, that everyone’s interpretation is equally valid and that you should go find your own answers. The fact that you think when you’re bothering him about the comic that you’re going to uncover some universal truth means you literally haven’t understood a single thing he’s been telling you. Rather than bugging him to the point where you have to apologize, why not just, leave him alone?

I agree that the Smile should not be equated with Presence. And just because it was called "Divine Presence" or "Divine Dreamer" (I think it was called that before) doesn't mean the two are the same. I see more the Presence as the Creator mentioned in JLD.

Just to clarify my point, I believe that the Smile is something (somewhere?) transcending God in the DeMatteis cosmology while the Presence is an aspect of God that is called the Creator that Pralaya would eventually claim.

Back