• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gem Warship dura scaling questions

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
These are just some questions that recently came to mind about SU scaling.

Getting into it, one of the Tier 6 feats in the series comes from Garnet and Jasper wrecking the Gem Warship in their fight (the latter tanking an explosion strong enough to blow a hole in the vessel), which had previously tanked Opal's arrows and the 4 Laser Light Cannons unscathed (a single LLC nuked the Red Eye resulting in 6-C+ energies).

However, during the Laser Light Cannon's debut Garnet was shown incapble of even hindering the Red Eye and heavily implied that even the single Laser Light Cannon introduced in that episode was superior to her (calling it "the only thing powerful enough to destroy it" ). As for Opal, it was depicted that she is slightly stronger than Garnet as stated on her profile, yet failed to perform the same feat as her. These statements and showings are contradictory and shizz.

(Meekly waits for explanations)

Well the explosion that crippled the ship came from the inside and involved the core being destroyed. I do think it is pretty crazy to call Jasper/Garnet superior to the Light Cannons even though the Cannons are explicitly more powerful than either of the two gems.

Amethyst also failed in destroy the Red Eye, so I doubt that she should be rated stronger. An explaination woukd be that, with the core destroyed, the ship was way weaker; or the defenses inside the ship are below to the ones in the exterior.

Yeah, i always found the point of Jasper being stronger than the light cannons iffy. The outward explosion that happened during the fight took place inside the ship, shich ofc with the more limited space, there would be more high force while they're inside, so that wouldn't scale her durability. The only thing i do see is how Jasper pummeled through the interior, but that was shown to be multiple layers. I would be fine with comparing the materials if it didn't have that glaring Red Eye scaling shenanigans.

I mean, Yellow Diamond legit busted through her ship, which should be stronger, and was up against a Cluster arm. Which is fine and understandable seeing as she is a diamond, and pissed giraffe at the time to, but we shouldnt scale the base gems to a single light cannon, let alone 4. Im also not terribly sure Opal's arrows did anything more significant, it just looked like to me that Opal was making a little more sound, and the fact that the ship did have to go into a blocking formation in order to survive the light cannons.

I honestly cant see where its slowed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFzLegRB29I All i can see is the white collisions and the sound of them clanging against sonarous metal, where exactly does is show to be slowed, if there any significant time stamp?

And again, the Gem warship had to physically move into a defensive position against the light cannon, with Opal's arrows it merely powered through them. Plus we can assume that the light cannons had more of a journey to get to the warship, seeing as it was further away, which would have definitely wasted energy

Er yeah...okay but i really cant see where the ship was being slowed when it was hit by the light arrows. Can we honestly see any speed decrease either, the ship was still in space at this point, and ofc moving slowly compared to being so far away.

And the ship had to move in a defensive position to block the light cannons, while that wasn't the case for Opals arrows which it just powered through.

The Light Cannons would still have done something other than just disperce instantly against the hull of the ship if the cannons were stronger than Opal's arrows

And there's still Jasper being at the heart of an explosion that blew a hole through the hull of the ship

They wouldnt, when the ship adjusted its position to tank the light cannons, its clear that THAT was a defensive formation meant to block incoming threatening attacks. They both hit different areas of the ship, and it was clear which one the ship was actively trying to block. And again, the cannons were shot from further away, which would mean more energy loss during its travel, and the fact they were extremely desperate at the point they decided to see if Opal's arrows could affect it

Plus, how can we be sure that the minor shaking i think you're referring to for the ship being slowed down, was just the camera for an effect, cause even the stars in the background were shaking a little. I still can't see it, but i've put it through a few people i know who can somewhat see a little bit.

Well, like i said before, an inward implosion would be transferring more force to a single point than an outside explosion, since there is less area for the explosion to spread. You can easily bust a tank by putting a grenade in it, but you could only do so much damage if it was outside. So idk if that was incorporated into the calc i've never seen, but an explosion and an implosion would have different yields on the ship due to their area.

Its not an inward implosion, its an outward explosion. Jasper shortly after tanked the entire ship being blown to pieces.

As in, the explosion took place on the inside of a ship.

Its like i said, if you put a grenade on the outside of a tank, the tank would take minimal damage, and still be at least functional.

But if the grenade was on the inside of the tank, due to the less air space for more energy to be wasted and misdirected, the explosion would honestly be a lot more impactful, probably bust it, idk, im not from the military, but sheer physics suggest this

The explosions were all affecting the inside, which would directly hit more, since its enclosed space. and the fragments were honestly quite small for a ship of that size. Jasper and lapis surviving that explosion was a very good feat indeed, but they definitely arent going to survive a direct Laser light cannon, let alone 4 to the face, better than the Gem warship, and they shouldn't really be scaled to it.

Just saying, but we shouldn't be treating the light cannons, which are beams of energy in a point, to an explosion, which basically hits whatever is in its AoE, especially when those explosions were physically inside of the ship, and so more of its energy was released into it.

The ship's hull is obviously many times stronger than its insides.

Also, it may be that the type of attack is important. Gems primarily use light-based weaponry, it'd make sense for their military ship to be specifically made to be more resilient to it.

It's also notable that Jasper's ship's palm seems to be shielded. She makes the ship block the LLC with the palm instead of just tanking it.

Exactly, thats the defnsive position i was talking about.

Of course, we know that gems are a solid mountain level, are there any calcs of higher yields that aren't the mass to light conversions, because i dont really find those to be accurate either, since Gems actually have bodies that are physically impossible in real life, and shouldn't be calced based on mass.

@Jinx, besides the one that I calculated early, there's the one that Weekly want us to calculate, although, I doubt it would scale to Sapphire physical characteristics since she has to push herself in order to perform a MCB feat...

Also, what other Mountain level feats do we have?

Jinx666 said:
Exactly, thats the defnsive position i was talking about.
Of course, we know that gems are a solid mountain level, are there any calcs of higher yields that aren't the mass to light conversions, because i dont really find those to be accurate either, since Gems actually have bodies that are physically impossible in real life, and shouldn't be calced based on mass.
Jasper still tanked the ecplosion that blew it to pieces, shield position or not the ship is still High 6-C in durability and Jasper tanked an explosion that blew a hole in the hull and then the explosion that blew it to pieces

There's also the island destruction feat they have, the feat which was described as a tectonic emergency

The gems have been tier 6 since episode 6 of the series

But the show never shows that living island so you dont know how big it is islands can be really small. Same thing with that mountain punch is that we cant see it happen. Amethyst got cracked by falling down and Alexandrite was hurt by water turning into ice. Theres just no way that the gems are that strong at all and youre an idiot if you think that some little gems are stronger than nukes.

Majorenvy2 said:
Theres just no way that the gems are that strong at all and youre an idiot if you think that some little gems are stronger than nukes.
y u do dis?

@Majorenvy, gem's gems have inferior durability to the light bodies, so that is kinda irrelevant; also, try to not insult people next time.

But you have a point, the island monster didn't show, so how the gems defeated it is unknown or how big it is, no stat can come from that.

@Majorenvy

I mean those are some decent points, but we have no reason to believe Garnet (or at least all the gems combined) didn't knock down the mountain side. The others can just be PIS. In addition, you need to cut the condescending attitude. That won't get you far.

@Weekly

So what are all of the gems' current Tier 7-6 feats?

@Ant Doesnt matter how big it is, the fact alone that it was considered a tectonic emergency is enought to warrant a tier 6 rating

@Weekly

That is a good point. I do wonder how it was done, though. Since it was never shown and we have no idea how that happened, maybe that one should be treated with a grain of salt, or, be used as an "at least" if it comes to it?

Antoniofer said:
@Majorenvy, gem's gems have inferior durability to the light bodies, so that is kinda irrelevant; also, try to not insult people next time.

But you have a point, the island monster didn't show, so how the gems defeated it is unknown or how big it is, no stat can come from that.
sorry I just get angry about this. I do agree though there is no way we can use that island thing since there is no way to know how big it is or how they beat it. There are ways that you can beat an enemy without just completely destroying them like the gems would have to do with that island monster.

And still we do not known how the gems defeated them, attacking a weak spot or several combined attacks, even if is the last one, several mountain level character (or even inferior) could defeat an island level one, easier is the stat come from shear size.

Reminding other feats, Garnet caused a mountain to collapse, but the mountain is kinda hollow so not necesary mountain level; the hand crashing is at most large mountain+, but I do not remember any other feat.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Weekly
That is a good point. I do wonder how it was done, though. Since it was never shown and we have no idea how that happened, maybe that one should be treated with a grain of salt, or, be used as an "at least" if it comes to it?
Considering there are consistent tier 6 feats and immensely casual high tier 7 feats i see no reason why it shouldnt be taken seriously, just because it happened off screen doesnt mean it didnt happen at all

@Ant The Mountain collapsing feat was calced at City level

Im currently compiling a list of all of their tier 7 and 6 feats

Back