• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questions about FF7 & Dissidia feats, scaling, mainly pertaining to Yuffie

Status
Not open for further replies.
No fear, I'm not hear to downgrade anything, I'm not nearly knowledgeable in FF to do such a thing. In fact I'm actually hear in pursuit of knowledge. I'm researching a matchup I'm very invested in, and am writing a massive blog on the fight itself, and am having a bit of trouble finding some information necessary to help determine the verdict. The way I'm researching this fight is splitting Yuffie between two keys and having two fights, one key being her from original canon (FF7, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, Remake, everything pertaining to FF7's canon), and a second fight utilizing her Dissidia incarnation. Generally navigating the pages to scrounge up the information I need on the verse has been a massive ******* pain and something I've spent far longer than I'd like to admit and I'm at my wits' end, so I figured I'd ask and hopefully get some assistance from those knowledgeable. So, here are my questions!:

1. Yuffie from FF7 & the associated original canon stuff, are any of her abilities, haxx, or resistances layered? This question may seem unimportant in most situations, but is incredibly important when it comes to this matchup. Anything of note is helpful. Is all of her magic baseline, or is it layered enough to bypass and affect those with resistances to specific spells? Are any of her resistances layered enough to remain unaffected by those who's attacks are layered enough to bypass other people's resistances? Even if only a few of her spells or resistances have layering, it would be appreciated. Also a note of any potential dimensional power to her magic would be appreciated. I know characters such as Kefka have 4D haxx/magic, does Yuffie have anything to this degree?

2. Essentially the same question as above, but for Dissidia. With how high the scale for Dissidia is, I'm sure there has to be at least a degree of layered haxx going on, if not that, then at least dimensional hierarchies when it comes to haxx, such as abilities being able to affect 4D or 5D entities?

3. Does anyone have a general list of major AP/Durability feats from the Dissidia series that Yuffie has either performed, or would scale to? I have things such as participating in the defeat of Shinryu Verus and the scaling to Chaos/Feral Chaos, as well as the Crystal of Darkness stuff, but is there anything else of note earned from Dissidia? Even feats that aren't absolutely insane or on a multiversal scale are appreciated. This blog tried to encompass as many notable feats for both characters, so having other things to note in the Dissidia section besides just the Multiverse+ scaling from Shinryu, Chaos, and the Crystals/Void would be nice.

4. I need to bitch about speed specifically because this has been driving me crazy. Finding the necessary speed calcs on this was absolutely insane. Several of the links on FF7 characters pages mention a millions x FTL feat off of Red XII that just IS NOT indexed correctly on any of the profiles, the links that you click end up leading to a blog that calculates the AP of the attack but not ITS SPEED. I had to find the calc for speed somewhere on the FF Verse page, which took longer than I'd like to admit. I managed to find an FF8 speed calc that Dissidia Yuffie scales to via Gilgamesh apparently scaling to the calc, which would be a 6.31 trillion x FTL feat, but that's not as impressive as the Sephiroth Supernova speed calc which was around 20.6 trillion x FTL iirc. Are there any other notable speed feats that Dissidia characters would scale too? I generally just end up on a circular scaling route off of "scaling to other Warriors of Materia" which leads to "scales to Warrior of Light" which just ends up leading to something less impressive than the Sephiroth Supernova stuff. Does anyone have anything helpful on this front or is the 20.6 trillion x FTL Supernova reactions gonna be the best that FF7 & Dissidia Yuffie scale to?

I know these were a lot of questions and I may have more questions for clarification and such later, but these have been driving me crazy for ages now and I haven't had any luck in solving them on my own. Thanks for your time if anyone ends up responding to this.

Nothing of note from Dissidia outside of those feats

Speed is the only thing Dissidia lacks on it's own, upscaling instead from FF7's supernova

With Dissidia the magic scales as they interact similarly to one another so Dissidia Yuffie would have 4-D magic

Nothing of note from Dissidia outside of those feats

Speed is the only thing Dissidia lacks on it's own, upscaling instead from FF7's supernova

With Dissidia the magic scales as they interact similarly to one another so Dissidia Yuffie would have 4-D magic
Thank you for the reply!

Alright, good to know I was on track then. Nothing major in terms of layered haxx/resistances then?

And how does the 4D magic scale exactly? Just out of curiosity so I can explain it well.

@Kirbonic_Pikmin magic is capable of reaching across the void/interdimensional rift. a realm that spans across the entire FF multiverse, and normal magic in final fantasy is capable of messing with space and time to the point the past, present and future converged into one as shown in FF4's novels. As for layered hax, there's some for 4 but I don't think this would apply to yuffie unless she does something with 4's crew.

@Kirbonic_Pikmin magic is capable of reaching across the void/interdimensional rift. a realm that spans across the entire FF multiverse, and normal magic in final fantasy is capable of messing with space and time to the point the past, present and future converged into one as shown in FF4's novels. As for layered hax, there's some for 4 but I don't think this would apply to yuffie unless she does something with 4's crew.
Thanks for the explanation!

That's interesting to hear honestly, I honestly thought there'd be some kind of layered haxx for her in here somewhere.

There might be? We don't know for sure since none of us has gone balls deep into 7's extended canon so who knows, she might get it, or might not. Either way does this answer all of your questions?

Last edited:
There might be? We don't know for sure since none of us has gone balls deep into 7's extended canon so who knows, she might get it, or might now. Either way does this answer all of your questions?
This seems to cover all my major questions, yeah! I should be able to continue my blog just fine now.

Interested to see if @Cyberblader90 had anything to add still, however.

If they don't then you could close this thread now. Thank you all for your time.

Oh actually, one last question for you, what novel was this shown/mentioned in? Just so I can quote it in the blog if possible. If you have a scan for this it would be highly appreciated.

I've got one more question actually, unrelated to previous ones.

How potent is Dissidia's Law Manipulation? What effects and causes would Yuffie be able to create by using it? Especially if she were to fight someone without Law Manip themselves?
Unfortunately it's only layered for characters that already had it in their previous games, but for it's use it's via their sheer will power. They can materialize objects, create entire worlds, dimensions etc.

Unfortunately it's only layered for characters that already had it in their previous games, but for it's use it's via their sheer will power. They can materialize objects, create entire worlds, dimensions etc.

So the law manipulation is moreso limited to acts of creation than anything else?

Edit: oh wait, looking at these scans, it'd be possible to control someone's cells and prevent them from moving with Law Manip? Or is that from something else?

That's Sephiroth manipulating the jenova cells within Zack. And for now yeah bit it all stems from Willpower Manipulation anyway
Ahh I was wrong then.

So most of what they can do from their Law Manipulation largely extends to just creation feats , then? Is there much combat applicability to it?

Yeah Sealing, opening Torisions, Golbez created the Red Wings Fleet out of nothing but his will at one point and they can even will beings into existence like the Lifa Tree and Soulcage from 9

Last edited:
Yeah Sealing, opening Torisions, Golden created the Red Wings Fleet out of nothing but his will at one point and they can even will beings into existence like the Lifa Tree and Soulcage from 9
Interesting, thank you!

Another question, this should be a simple one, since its something I need for the blog, which is almost done, it'll be posted on the 20th-22nd!

Dissidia Yuffie's reliant immortality & low godly is tied to her crystal, correct? Would this crystal be something she carries on person, or would it be in some set place to ensure she comes back? And for the sake of putting her in a Versus Battle with someone, would we make her crystal be on hand so it could feasibly be destroyed?

Interesting, thank you!

Another question, this should be a simple one, since its something I need for the blog, which is almost done, it'll be posted on the 20th-22nd!

Dissidia Yuffie's reliant immortality & low godly is tied to her crystal, correct? Would this crystal be something she carries on person, or would it be in some set place to ensure she comes back? And for the sake of putting her in a Versus Battle with someone, would we make her crystal be on hand so it could feasibly be destroyed?
The crystal is something she doesn't even have, its only something that Cosmos gave her warriors in the PSP Dissidia games so that can be ignored

No fear, I'm not hear to downgrade anything, I'm not nearly knowledgeable in FF to do such a thing. In fact I'm actually hear in pursuit of knowledge. I'm researching a matchup I'm very invested in, and am writing a massive blog on the fight itself, and am having a bit of trouble finding some information necessary to help determine the verdict. The way I'm researching this fight is splitting Yuffie between two keys and having two fights, one key being her from original canon (FF7, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, Remake, everything pertaining to FF7's canon), and a second fight utilizing her Dissidia incarnation. Generally navigating the pages to scrounge up the information I need on the verse has been a massive ******* pain and something I've spent far longer than I'd like to admit and I'm at my wits' end, so I figured I'd ask and hopefully get some assistance from those knowledgeable. So, here are my questions!:

1. Yuffie from FF7 & the associated original canon stuff, are any of her abilities, haxx, or resistances layered? This question may seem unimportant in most situations, but is incredibly important when it comes to this matchup. Anything of note is helpful. Is all of her magic baseline, or is it layered enough to bypass and affect those with resistances to specific spells? Are any of her resistances layered enough to remain unaffected by those who's attacks are layered enough to bypass other people's resistances? Even if only a few of her spells or resistances have layering, it would be appreciated. Also a note of any potential dimensional power to her magic would be appreciated. I know characters such as Kefka have 4D haxx/magic, does Yuffie have anything to this degree?

2. Essentially the same question as above, but for Dissidia. With how high the scale for Dissidia is, I'm sure there has to be at least a degree of layered haxx going on, if not that, then at least dimensional hierarchies when it comes to haxx, such as abilities being able to affect 4D or 5D entities?

3. Does anyone have a general list of major AP/Durability feats from the Dissidia series that Yuffie has either performed, or would scale to? I have things such as participating in the defeat of Shinryu Verus and the scaling to Chaos/Feral Chaos, as well as the Crystal of Darkness stuff, but is there anything else of note earned from Dissidia? Even feats that aren't absolutely insane or on a multiversal scale are appreciated. This blog tried to encompass as many notable feats for both characters, so having other things to note in the Dissidia section besides just the Multiverse+ scaling from Shinryu, Chaos, and the Crystals/Void would be nice.

4. I need to bitch about speed specifically because this has been driving me crazy. Finding the necessary speed calcs on this was absolutely insane. Several of the links on FF7 characters pages mention a millions x FTL feat off of Red XII that just IS NOT indexed correctly on any of the profiles, the links that you click end up leading to a blog that calculates the AP of the attack but not ITS SPEED. I had to find the calc for speed somewhere on the FF Verse page, which took longer than I'd like to admit. I managed to find an FF8 speed calc that Dissidia Yuffie scales to via Gilgamesh apparently scaling to the calc, which would be a 6.31 trillion x FTL feat, but that's not as impressive as the Sephiroth Supernova speed calc which was around 20.6 trillion x FTL iirc. Are there any other notable speed feats that Dissidia characters would scale too? I generally just end up on a circular scaling route off of "scaling to other Warriors of Materia" which leads to "scales to Warrior of Light" which just ends up leading to something less impressive than the Sephiroth Supernova stuff. Does anyone have anything helpful on this front or is the 20.6 trillion x FTL Supernova reactions gonna be the best that FF7 & Dissidia Yuffie scale to?

I know these were a lot of questions and I may have more questions for clarification and such later, but these have been driving me crazy for ages now and I haven't had any luck in solving them on my own. Thanks for your time if anyone ends up responding to this.
1 and 2) For the ones she uses in character, not much are

3) I have a list of all her story feats:

Teleports away with smoke and robs Y'shtola's staff without her realising
Fights this big behemoth off screen
Survived a fight against Sephiroth but we don't know how much she did or if she took any attacks

4) The Dissidia cast can move in places with no concept of space and time, though idk if you count that as immeasurable

The law manipulation and torsion forming isn't something Yuffie is shown to do in combat, although she can do it. Its not very good in combat anyways, unless she BFRs or uses it to absorb soul and memory

Crystals are optional equipment for anyone not in 012 and OG Dissidia, they have crystals tied to them in game, but they don't mentioned them.

Sorry, not as active as I used to be. Like I said It's only considered optional for those not in the 1st 2 games due to them not mentioning them, so it's best being safe than sorry and making it a guaranteed equipment

Sorry, not as active as I used to be. Like I said It's only considered optional for those not in the 1st 2 games due to them not mentioning them, so it's best being safe than sorry and making it a guaranteed equipment

That's not even the same as the crystal that grants low godly regen wtf

Last edited:
That's not even the same as the crystal that grants low godly regen wtf
These Crystals are made of the Gods energy in the same process those are, only difference is that the original cast has to fight to manifest them. Alongside the shattered pieces of the Crystal Core giving them compasses of light and fragments of silt respectively

And like I said before along with all having possibly

Last edited:
These Crystals are made of the Gods energy in the same process those are, only difference is that the original cast has to fight to manifest them. Alongside the shattered pieces of the Crystal Core giving them compasses of light and fragments of silt respectively
No you don't make them with the god's energy, and even if you did, same energy doesn't mean it works the exact same

The compass of light has nothing to do with those Dissidia PSP crystals, same for the fragment of silt

Since when does the same energy not work the exact same? Do you have any evidence to prove this at all because merely saying it doesn't mean much without evidence, like the crystals being specifically stated to be incapable of regeneration or making someone immortal.

Since when does the same energy not work the exact same? Do you have any evidence to prove this at all because merely saying it doesn't mean much without evidence, like the crystals being specifically stated to be incapable of regeneration or making someone immortal.
You need to prove that having a similar type of energy grants the same power

You're not proving they lack the same abilities, how about you prove it? If you're not going to prove it then don't bother debating at this point.

You're not proving they lack the same abilities, how about you prove it? If you're not going to prove it then don't bother debating at this point.
The evidence that they lack the same abilities is that there's no evidence they have the same abilities. I don't have to prove a negative

That's not an argument, prove they don't share the same abilities despite being proven to have these powers.

Literally the dissidia crystals being shown to have these powers as I've proven above, so prove they lack the same abilities, if you don't bother proving they lack the abilities then I'm just going to close the thread since the OP's questions are already answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back