• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gem Warship dura scaling questions

Yeah, besides the "feat" not qualify as real black hole: a) it do not justify any other tier 6 feat, and b) do not scale to no one.

Currently for tier 6 there's:

• Jasper tanking the Warship explosions (High 6-C)
  • Garnet's casual mountain splitting punch (Calced at 7-B but for some reason the blog isnt working at the moment)
  • Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl beating a living island that was described as a tectonic emergency (Tier 6)
  • The Homeworld Rubies tanking the Roaming Eye's 6 gigaton kinetic energy
  • Season 1 Steven tanking a 2 kiloton explosion with no injuries
  • Sardonyx's casual attacks tielding a minimum of 10 gigatons
  • A monster of the week from the canon comics has a 500+ megaton feat just by being in the area
  • Lapis technically has a [7-B to 6-C feat] that was rejected basically because xcano just said no
  • Jasper also has a tier 7 feat tanking an attack from lapis that i cant find right now
  • Sugilite created tier 7 quakes just by walking while waist deep in water
  • Peridot's escape pod having a durability of 156.1277 gigatons
    • The same escape pod Pearl was able to cut and Garnet cracked over her knee like an egg
So yeah, there's a lot more than just Mass Energy and the teraton warship feat to support them being solidly tier 6

@Weekly

1. That feat isn't exactly reliable for reasons above.

2. The mountain is partially hollow and we don't know how many gems caused it. And if it was a collapse you can cause that without 7-B energy. Well-placed explosives can bring down massive strips of land without being in the kilotons.

3. We have no idea what happened with that island monster or its true size. If it caused a huge earthquake it would have triggered a tsunami as well as a true widely felt shaking. All we do is hear about it.

4. OK yeah that's a good feat. Did it reveal that Steven was shielding himself or what? I can't find a clip of the aftemath.

5. Sardonyx doesn't knock them at the speed the calc claims. She hits them and then they unfuse and get sucked into space. Authors usually have the misconception that you just get sucked into space if you are on the Moon. This can't be used through and through.

6. Heat change feat is legit, but does it ever hit anything with its elemental powers? The comic isn't shown.

7. What feat was denied? I would like to see it.

8. I'd like to see the Tier 7 feat from Jasper has.

9. Sugilite's quake feat is legit, but does it have a calc?

10. I genuinely don't get the methodology behind this one. Why does he square the vicosity of lava and then multiply that by everything? We don't account for the viscosity of air when doing KE feats so doing it here seems disingenuous. Also the calc treats her escape pod as a literall sphere of metal, which it isn't. It is almost enitrely hollow.

1. Ive already explained why it is useable

2. Garnet brought it down with a punch.

3. Doesnt mean it didnt happen, as ive already explained. We never see DCEU Superman's earthquake preventing tectonic plate moving feat but we use it anyways.

4. Steven didnt even know how to summon his shield at will and he didnt have his bubble yet, and he tanked it at point blank range.

6. Here is the comic, no it doesnt hit anyone with its ice powers

7. Oh lol i thought i linked it, its this one

8. I'll try to find it, it was lapis punching her with a water construct at high speeds iirc

9. Not that i know of but the lowball for it was 7-C based on the earthquake chart

10. Hey, EndlessMike accepted it. There's also a calc for its durability from crashing to earth

@Weekly

1. I still disagree. I think the reasons of why it doesn't work make sense.

2. We don't see that. The mountain just breaks unless I'm missing context in the feat.

3. Yes, it happened, but we don't if they just incapacitated it or how it happened.

4. Ok, if he can't summon his shield then he tanked it through and through. Valid feat.

6. If it doesn't actually hit anyone with the power causing the climate change we can't really scale them to it.

7. OK, so when does she say that she made those clouds. This goes back to cinematic mood and unless you also was a Tier 7 Katara running around, this can't be applied unless she says something. I'm also a fan of the 30 second timeframe, since that gives them time to look at the engine and actually see what's wrong.

If it's stated that she caused it then I am OK with that being used for Lapis.

8. OK, let me know when it's found.

9. I'd be interested in seeing a calc for it. I can definately see it being Tier 7 though.

10. Do we ever see Peridot's escape pod touch down? Also,

@Darkanine

Do you get the methodology on that Peridot Drill feat?

1. Why? The part of the ship that blocked the Light Cannons was even the part of the ship that Jasper tanked exploding, why wouldnt it be legitimate?

2. The mountain breaks due to the force of Garnet punching a Gem Monster.

3. Occams razor my friend, we never see DCEU Superman's earthquake preventing tectonic plate moving feat but we use it anyways.

7. Lapis controls water, and there's no reason it went from a clear and sunny day to a storm filled sky randomly out of the blue. Sapphire's feat actually supports this, emotional states of element-controlling Gems causing changes in weather patterns, Sapphire made it snow, Lapis made it rain.

9. Feel free to calc it.

10. We see where it crashed in the next episode, miles outside of Beach City.

Also, again, fodder rubies tanking 6 gigatons

They never say it directly, but Lapis being able to control the clouds fits inline with her already established power set. Plus, Weather Manipulation seems pretty normal for gems given the Sapphire feat.

@Darkanine

And it also works for Katara. That doesn't mean it's legit. We can't just infer that "weather change near water character = feat".

How else would clouds form around the horizon within at most a few minutes then? The clouds formed in tune with Lapis's mood change, and weather manipulation is a fairly common thing in Gems. Pearl has casually moved clouds before too.

Oh another tier 6 feat, WoG states that Garnet can survive in the core of the sun, which as ive been told is actually tier 6 and not tier 8 as is currently listed

Wasn't Garnet's statement that she can survive a pool as hot as the core of the sun though?

@Weekly

I have always wondered why that was so low. You think being at the core of something creating a billion nuclear fusions a second would be way more than T8.

That's a good feat for Garnet actually. Where is this new Sun calc?

Darkanine said:
Wasn't Garnet's statement that she can survive a pool as hot as the core of the sun though?
No the statement was literally that she could survive a dip in the core of the sun

Assaltwaffle said:
@Weekly
I have always wondered why that was so low. You think being at the core of something creating a billion nuclear fusions a second would be way more than T8.

That's a good feat for Garnet actually. Where is this new Sun calc?
Dunno, i think Kep or Matt told me it was tier 6 but im not sure, i just know i was told this

@Weekly

Looks like they're right.

If what I'm seeing is correct then above 6,900 Kelvin emissivity is, at minimum, at 0.92 or above then an average man in the center of the Sun would need to tank 5.018x10^20 watts of energy since an average male body covers 1.9 m^2.

Emissivity only goes up past 6,900 and 15,000,000 is well... way past that, and Garnet is a lot larger than an average man. So 5.018x10^20 joules, or 119.933 gigatons of TNT, is a lowball for Garnet's durability. High 6-C

Well, even if the gems don't get mass-energy (which I still question) they still seem to be solidly Tier 6.

It's not correct though, it needs to be calc'ed based off of the energy produced by the heat absorbed by the human skin

Which is 8-A

I mean don't get me wrong, you'll be totally incinerated at 8-A levels of energy since you can't get further, but we're talking about superhuman monsters capable of casually gargling with lava.

To be fair, the Roaming Eye feat is in conflict since Weekly is trying to bump it to ftl speed, making the calculation wrong.

And we never watched Peridot's pot landing, afwk, it could have landed in the same way of the warship, slowly.

@Weekly.

Yes, she survived the explosion, but the fact it blew up the Warship from inside, which would debateably be more destructive with more energy focused in the points, and the higher pressure. Theres no way to say the inside is as durable as the outside. either.

Isn't the usual idea that the inside of something is weaker then the outside? I don't know if that works the same way with ships, but I remember in a ton of fictional verses that enemies couldn't harm the outside of the ship so they had to destroy it from the inside. Destroying the core might just be ignoring the outside ship's durability.

Antoniofer said:
To be fair, the Roaming Eye feat is in conflict since Weekly is trying to bump it to ftl speed, making the calculation wrong.
Same reason why I'm iffy with the feat too. Even crappy Gem warships are consistently shown to be FTL and beyond. It's the same reason why Celestia isnt 4-B anymore; there are instances of her sun movement not being FTL but it's so consistently FTL that we consider the low ends to be inconsistent.

Jinx666 said:
@Weekly.
Yes, she survived the explosion, but the fact it blew up the Warship from inside, which would debateably be more destructive with more energy focused in the points, and the higher pressure. Theres no way to say the inside is as durable as the outside. either.
The Warship doesnt use any shields and it makes no sense for one side of a wall to be less durable than the other

If something is braced for force in one direction, but not as much the other, that can happen. Not sure if spaceships would fit that criteria, but there's reasons that something like that can happen. Also, doesn't it have energy shielding and stuff? That would presumably be generated from something within the ship, and as such that would go before the hull would have to be breached meaning that the energy shield would not be able to be factored in.

No, it is never stated or demonstrated to have any kind of shielding

The material of the hull is shown in the episode afterwards to be the exact same material throughout

Its not used as a shield, you could tell that the ship was physically getting into a defensive position to block the Light Cannons, as opposed to the arrows to which it could just casually storm through. And it does make sense, things can be more durable in some parts to protect more vital assets. How else do you explain why they shifted into that position?

When is the material shown to be always the same for both the inside and outside? Just because its green? Theres no official confirmation that the inside = outside, to which the outside would have to be really durable.

Jasper isnt stronger than 4 light cannons, that would mean Garnet scales to 4 light cannons, and that would then mean she would casually be able to destroy the Red eye, which ofc wasn't the case.

Exactly, it wasnt used as a shield and the ship itself has no shields, only durability. The part of the ship they used to block the lights is literally the part of thsi ship with the engine, the same part that jasper tanked the explosion is blew a hole in the part of the ship that tanked the Light Cannons.

Here is a good clip, there are chunks of the hull scattered all over the beach, and its the same material throughout. It makes no sense for the hull to be made of the same material throughout but be less durable on one side than on the other.

We never see her directly attack the Red Eye so how can you say she cant? The Gems have multiple feats on or above the yield of the Light Cannons even without the Warship scaling.

Again, its not the same thing. An explosion from the inside makes it easier to break a material, due to the higher pressure, and less area for the explosion to disperse its energy. The hand physically moved into a defensive position in order to block the light cannons, perhaps give a large surface area for the energy of the light cannon to hit to minimise damage or something. But they wouldn't have animated it like that if they weren't significantly trying to show that the ship was TRYING to block the cannons. Its not a shield in the sense it was using any sort of energy. And Opals arrows weren't slowing anything down, just making some clanging noises.

Its not to do with the material being less durable on the other side, its the same durability, but due to it being inside of the warship, which has limited space unlike something thats attacking the outside with the atmosphere, then the full force of the explosion is being contained in such a minimal area that ofc it will break. The hulls are usually coated in more layers as well with frankly any vehicle. Again, a grenade inside of a tank is more effective than a grenade on the outside of a tank. Plus this explosion was its main reactor core, the ship couldn't function without it and probably overloaded, Jasper was only taking like, a few seconds worth of the energy being transferred.

We cant say its the same material just because its green and looks the same either, the ship is clearly made out of more than one material

Pearl, someone who would be knowledgable on Red eyes, clearly stated the only thing powerful enough to destroy it was a Light cannon. Not Garnet, who was physically present at the time, trying to throw Amethyst. And the mass to light conversion calcs are extremely iffy, since Gems and their bodies are completely fictional, and we cant treat them like its just any sort of regular conversion. The gems are all solidly mountain level with some calcs, but we clearly shouldn't be scaling everyone to 4 of these laser light cannons that are legitimately shown to be stronger than the gems.

I'm late, but Lapis changing the weather isn't a one-off thing. In Barn Mates she does the opposite - the moment Peridot starts smiling at her, the sky clears up considerably.

Back