• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galbatorix vs Ainz Ooal Gown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a good case has been made for Ainz, even if I only have good knowledge about Galbatorix. So I'll vote for him. That makes 7?

He has wards against

Burning

Telekinesis (directed internally or otherwise)

Physical attacks

Being drained of all the liquids in his body or frozen

Being petrified/transmuted

Biological Manipulation

Being cursed/blessed with misfortune and extreme empathy

Scrying (Clairvoyance)

Deafness

Sleep manipulation

Being converted to energy

Angela states her time stop spell would be useless against him

Lol. Than he can't even deal with instant time stop or better freeze as the time stops for him only.

Sigh...

That moment when one character has some of the most powerful mind hax on the site, and is completely in character to use it immediately from the start, but everyone assumes it won't work on a guy because "undead mind hax invalid"

Not to mention the higher AP being used telekinetically to shatter Ainz's body to pieces

Undead in this verse are immune on anything that has to do with mind manipulation I don't see a problem with that. It's the author that made undead like that.

Actually, neither of those things will work

Angelas time stop spell was said to be useless against him

And Eragon's spatial distortion portal would have been unable to cut through him.

WilliamShadow said:
Undead in this verse are immune on anything that has to do with mind manipulation I don't see a problem with that. It's the author that made undead like that.
So Methusulah' s mind hax won't work?

What about Mewtwo's mind hax?

Or Arceus's mind hax?

Immunity is a no limits fallacy. Just because they are immune to all the mind hax from their verse doesn't mean they are immune to the mind hax from another, or even just from a stronger being in their own verse.

Ainz can still cast spells while using Time Stop he just have to cast Delay Magic.

Ainz resistance to Mind manipulation/mind control should be high.Even a World Item the Downfall of Castle and Country wasn't able to completely control Shalltear.World Items are incredibly powerful since they are made from the leaves of Yggdrasil and each World Item was said to be as powerful as an entire world.

I vote Ainz

WilliamShadow said:
Angela and eragon use an incantation?
They were useless because of wards, not because of NoN

Which reminds me, NoN still negs any of Ainz's spells that require language as a medium

So even if he doesn't even speak and just thinks "reality slash" it still gets negated.

Only purely instinctual, non verbal magic works agaisnt the NoN

Incorrect

The World Item completely controlled Shaltear. The user was simply killed before she could be given a command not to attack

DivineTedrius said:
On another note, why doesn't Inheritance Cycle have its own verse page, or more character pages? There's plenty to draw from.
Not enough character pages to warrant a verse page yet. We only have a few so far.

As for character pages, we only have a handful of people here who A) have actually read the books, and B) remember enough about the books to maintain the character pages

DivineTedrius said:
On another note, why doesn't Inheritance Cycle have its own verse page, or more character pages? There's plenty to draw from.

There are already pages for Eragon, Saphira, Shruikan, Geladr, Murtagh, Galbatorix, Angela and Elva. But yeah, a verse page would be good.

Monarch Laciel said:
On the one hand you are correct. A spell that the character has not warded against cannot be blocked.

On the other hand, Galbatorix is a paranoid genius who has lived for several centuries during which he has had time to develop and layer himself with hundreds of thousands of wards against practically any effect.
Oh, this was more directed at Shruikan dying easily by Ainz's spells.

Its funny how basically every argument for Aizen was debunked and people are still voting for those reasons :D

Time stop - wont work because Gal seems to be immune against it (stated by a magician in the Inheritance verse that can stop time)

Ainz Resistance against Mind Manipulation - Galbatorix is on a different level then anything Ainz has ever encountert

Grasp Heart - Was proven to affect the heart of the victim, which basically works like a death spell in the Inheritance verse, something Gal can protect against.

Monarch Laciel said:
Incorrect

The World Item completely controlled Shaltear. The user was simply killed before she could be given a command not to attack
Actually, the mikoto survived the attack. And shalltear was rendered in a state of auto-attack. The Slain theocracy lost many of their military trying to fight her.

Question: How come Gal has no votes counted yet? Pretty sure Monarch is voting for him, at the very least.

"Grasp Heart - Was proven to affect the heart of the victim, which basically works like a death spell in the Inheritance verse, something Gal can protect against."

Ainz has an array of insta death spells. Not being able to use one is hardly a problem.

"Time stop - wont work because Gal seems to be immune against it (stated by a magician in the Inheritance verse that can stop time)"

I could argue that Ainz's time stop is much better than Angela's.

PaChi2 said:
Monarch Laciel said:
On the one hand you are correct. A spell that the character has not warded against cannot be blocked.

On the other hand, Galbatorix is a paranoid genius who has lived for several centuries during which he has had time to develop and layer himself with hundreds of thousands of wards against practically any effect.
Oh, this was more directed at Shruikan dying easily by Ainz's spells.
Shruiken has those wards too...

PaChi2 said:
"Grasp Heart - Was proven to affect the heart of the victim, which basically works like a death spell in the Inheritance verse, something Gal can protect against."
Ainz has an array of insta death spells. Not being able to use one is hardly a problem.

"Time stop - wont work because Gal seems to be immune against it (stated by a magician in the Inheritance verse that can stop time)"

I could argue that Ainz's time stop is much better than Angela's.
Yes, but grasp heart is his go to spell. And it won't work. Giving Gal all the time he needs to mind hax Ainz into the ground or shatter his bones with a though, if he hasn't already

And how would you argue that? Angela can actually attack people in stopped time, Ainz can't, so...

Seems like she has the superior time stop to me

But In Eragon they dont have "Insta death magic" like True Death.

And yes, I know shruikan has them. Just thought that the dragon would be Ainz's first target, for some reason.

They have energy drain from sentient creatures they enter the minds of. Or non-sentient too, I think Eragon maybe drained plants.

But you are correct, they don't have straight up death manip.

Also, I just realized, Paralysis would also do the trick, Ainz here wouldnt go directly at Gal. He'd summon minions, gather info on Gal's and Shruikan's abilities. Prepare a plan, and go for it.

Gal's only saving grace is the possibility of Mind hax working. Shub Niggurath is a thing, too. OverMagic isnt magic per inverse starndards, more like skills you can use (no MP loss).

Oh, Gal via mind hax and NoN.

Or just saying Jierda and breaking every bone in Ainz's boney body to splinters

Gal has wards against paralysis,so no it won't do the trick

Shub NIggurath requires people as fuel to summon it, and unless those things have significantly good mind hax resistance, Gal casually breaks into their minds and drains the energy from them to fuel his own spells, killing them in the process. Same for any other summons Ainz tries to pull

It would also be a possibilty if Gal has Large Island level AP and Ainz only has Island dura....

oh wait

Plus its not like Gal needs to focus on Ainz's entire body. He could just as easily do it to just Ainz's skull, or ribcage or something

I thought hax didnt scale to AP?

But yes, Gal's AP advantage gives him the upper hand with straightfoward attacks.

Normally no, but IC's spells are fueled by the user's own physical power and stamina. So in this case, when Galbatorix has the ability to telekinetically break things, he can telekinetically shatter Ainz's bones with high 6-C force

But I thought High 6-C was the rating for his suicide attack, I dont think every attack under his sleeve is comparable to that attack :/

Edit: Monarch, since the beginning Im assuming Eldunari-less Gal here.

Eldunari are outside help, I believe. They are dragons :/

He has that AP by converting his own matter into energy, essentially turning himself into a massive nuclear explosion. A comparable explosion decimated an island in the verse. However, Eragon with far less Eldurnari and power than Galbatorix, was able to create a shield that blocked that attack at almost point blank range.

Eragon can use his reserves of power to block a high 7-A explosion

Eragon with 136 weak young dragon Eldurnari <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Galbatorix with ~500-1000 old, powerful Eldurnari

IC magic - if you can put that much power into defense, you can put that much power into attack

Therefore, High 6-C AP

Dont we count Eldunari as outside help? Its literally having around 1000 dragons backing you up.

He's only as powerful as he is because of all those Eldurnari. They are considered his standard equipment

Take them away, and he's 9-B

Not exactly a fair fight at that point

Even if Gal didnt have the eldunari, at this point he'd be superior to Oromix and the suicide attack was made without the Eldunari, so he is High 6-C anyway.

He needs a "Likely higher" now that I think of it.

Oromis would also be 9-B...

High 6-C with a suicide spell only? Sure, that sounds fair, lets put him in a fight where his only hope of victory is killing himself and bringing the other guy down with him before he gets one-shot by the other guy breathing too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back