• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Future recalc for frieza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the new broly trailer we are seeing an entirely new orgin for the saiyans along with dragon ball minus bardock. This means that the original bardock special is being retconnted. does this mean frieza will need a recalc when the movie comes out which could result in an upgrade or downgrade?

Yes I think it will be canon considering that it will appear in the manga (current manga wouldn't finish after the ToP iirc).

The original calc is made with the Bardock Special. Toriyama wrote the script for this movie so this should be the new canon.

The original calc was never made using the Bardock special, it uses a newly animated (Albeit borrowing a lot of inspiration from the original special) flashback shown in Dragon Ball Super.

Edit: Ninja'd by Anto

Welp, if the movie follow the manga as people had said then the calc would need to be remade; is the most likely since Minus would make the anime non-canon (not sure about the current manga since hasn't been never referred).

Toriyama generally whenever he refers to Dragon Ball refers to his manga which by de facto makes DB Minus canon, although there has not ever been an official statement as to want is canon

Well, if the animation shown in the movie is different than the flashback, it might yield different results. I'm generally leaning towards that we should go with the higher result regardless; I'm aware the movie version likely has higher quality, but at the same time, that sounds like it might have better reason to yield results similar to what happened in the Bardock movie's version. But again, let's wait for the movie to actually come out before we calc the feat.

Even if it's lower I say use the new movie version. It's likely the most canonical and accurate rendition of the feat. Unless it's retconed again in the future.

Again, let's wait for the actual movie to come out before we decide. Andway, since question is answered, I suppose I should close the thread.

Moved this thread to the Questions and Answers board.

I am sure someone will recalc the feat whenever the movie comes out. Let's wait for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back