• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should put that in a blog then with the evidence saying gamma ray isn’t just a name and actually is comparable to real gamma rays (I’m not saying that to disagree I’m perfectly fine with the recalc, just I’ve seen absolute zero stuff very similar to that get rejected a lot as just names, so putting the evidence in the blog will make things simpler on everyone’s part).

I'll put it in a blog but try not to make big claims like that when their's eveindce against it that only takes two seconds to look back on.
Not I don’t think it supports the instant kills in any way. Blazblue current rating is very similar to many instant kills and they are still non canon. I just really don’t want to talk too much on instant kills right now because that conversation would go on forever and I want to not be stressed during thanksgiving with my grandma.
That understandable, cause tbh it's slightly stressful on my end as well. But I can't lie blazblue current standing will be mixed just do to feats like this just not having scans or links to statements and unlike guilty gear were it's mostly just me disagreeing there's gonna be more against it getting taken down.
I’m fine with that recalc and if accepted by calc memevrs it’s perfectly fine to use.
Thank you.

Since we have potential Tier 4 ends, it is definitely time to bring the black hole creation feat into the picture. Here are the scans:
WDeoNOT.jpeg

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-:
Leo: What's happening?!

That Man: Magic draws power directly from the Backyard, and I'm serving as an intermediary. Frederick's fist will carry more energy than anything on this
planet is capable of producing. I convert that energy into matter, and we contain that within a pocket dimension using the Schwarzschild radial limit. We then destroy the physical space occupied by the barrier, creating a spontaneous microverse. The rest is simple--we need only to take measures to ensure the world isn't destroyed in the process.

The feat was also referenced in -REVELATOR- and explicitly called a black hole:
That Man: This is not good... The prison is much tougher than I thought.

Chronus: Having some trouble, Gear Maker? I guess you can't use that Blackhole strategy you showed us a few days ago on your own.

That Man: Chronus...

Chronus: Absolute defense, Felion... This technology took centuries to master. Impressive, no?

A quick pivot to speed (heh), Guilty Gear Strive's glossary made Sol hanging onto the intercontinental missile an even bigger anti-feat.
St7XOF8.png

Not only is Sol's travel speed subsonic, but the travel speed of the missile was a "never-before-seen speed". So um... I am told there are supposed to be a bunch of characters who can casually and accurately fly MFTL+?

Does it fit with our standards?

Not only is Sol's travel speed subsonic, but the travel speed of the missile was a "never-before-seen speed". So um... I am told there are supposed to be a bunch of characters who can casually and accurately fly MFTL+?
Yeah, it was justice and Jack-O with the flight feats. But since they're both IK's of course certain members have questions on if they're consistent in story or not. questions if anyone scales to these feats combat or reaction wise, and at least two lower end workable speed feats Johnny's sword movement being stated to be light speed and Justice's gamma ray.

Does it fit with our standards?

There more knowledgeable people to ask, but it appears to fit for me. It is a creation feat. Mass-Energy conversion was explicitly mentioned; the energy of Sol's punch was stated to have been converted to mass. The matter was then compressed into a pocket dimension that has Schwarzschild's radius to create the black hole, with Schwarzschild's radius being explicitly mentioned.

Yeah, it was justice and Jack-O with the flight feats. But since they're both IK's of course certain members have questions on if they're consistent in story or not. questions if anyone scales to these feats combat or reaction wise, and at least two lower end workable speed feats Johnny's sword movement being stated to be light speed and Justice's gamma ray.

I am not against relativistic or SoL Combat Speed, but there are things to question with the statement:
1- It suggest that moving at the speed of light = being impossible to see with the naked eye. Which acts as a cap for speed since characters can see each other while fighting seriously.
2- It suggests that Zato, who is not only an experienced assassin but became the leader of the Assassin Guild, finds it hard to believe that there people who can do light-speed movement.
3- Zato was referring to the Iaitō sword draw, and doesn't seem to refer to Johnny's general movement.
4- This can very easily be considered a hyperbole statement, and if it is a conclusion it seems non-sequitur; sword is too fast to see = sword moving at the speed of light.

Though if there are characters who reacted to Gamma Ray this would be excellent support.

Last edited:
Since we have potential Tier 4 ends, it is definitely time to bring the black hole creation feat into the picture. Here are the scans:
WDeoNOT.jpeg

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-:
Leo: What's happening?!

That Man: Magic draws power directly from the Backyard, and I'm serving as an intermediary. Frederick's fist will carry more energy than anything on this
planet is capable of producing. I convert that energy into matter, and we contain that within a pocket dimension using the Schwarzschild radial limit. We then destroy the physical space occupied by the barrier, creating a spontaneous microverse. The rest is simple--we need only to take measures to ensure the world isn't destroyed in the process.

The feat was also referenced in -REVELATOR- and explicitly called a black hole:
That Man: This is not good... The prison is much tougher than I thought.

Chronus: Having some trouble, Gear Maker? I guess you can't use that Blackhole strategy you showed us a few days ago on your own.

That Man: Chronus...

Chronus: Absolute defense, Felion... This technology took centuries to master. Impressive, no?

Now the black hole I'll admit does have issues, not saying doesn't fit the standards cause it has the statements backing it up, but only issue is the size of the swartschild radius and the actual mass in the context of it cause of the spontaneous microverse part of it, I don't know if there's a standard for micro sized universes but the size would be much smaller than what's shown more say around the micro meter size since at most since most complaints I seen around it being that nobody sees light being distorted or no one can see the event horizon. But I'm not going to go a completely wild with fitting the entire mass of a universe into a mico meter sized blackhole not cause of the blackhole standard but mostly not spoken standard on if a microverse counts a full sized universe in mass. So it either turns out with a much lower GBE that stagnates at 5-A ranges or a GBE hitting in the universal ranges.

Black Holes has to distort light in a very specific way (yes our standards are that cartoonishly strict) and they have to spaghettify things. The black hole doesn’t do either (at least it doesn’t do the light part correctly). Plus the 4-B end still has to be accepted first, it seems very likely the low end will be chosen.

For the light speed stuff (read next comment). I’m fine with them due to being combat speed (like fighting, not movement in any way). While I don’t have my PS4 right now, I do have my switch so I’ll see if character can block Gamma ray or not.

Last edited:
So I found something interesting when blocking gamma ray. The ray is instant, the character doesn’t even attempt to block it. You only start blocking when the beam becomes wider (so a complete gameplay mechanic). I have video of it, I’ll post it to YouTube soon, though this only happens within 5 frames so you need to have something that can view it frame by frame (which I have). Does anyone block in the story (I watched the stories originally without VsBattles in mind so I had no reason to make note of whether someone blocked it).

Also looking over Johnny’s stuff again, I don’t think anyone would scale to it. Zato says he can’t even see it and needs to accept that fact. And in the story Johnny surrounded Bedman in a sea of sword slashes he couldn’t escape or react to. So it seems to be a specific technique that nobody scales to (except Johnny in a way)

Also sorry for posting so many times in a row, but I’m going through separate points and I forgot the edit button exist. Terribly sorry for that.

Last edited:
Black Holes has to distort light in a very specific way (yes our standards are that cartoonishly strict) and they have to spaghettify things. The black hole doesn’t do either (at least it doesn’t do the light part correctly). Plus the 4-B end still has to be accepted first, it seems very likely the low end will be chosen.

I would honestly support the 4-B end, galaxy cluster statement is pretty straightforward. But that's just me.

95% of the time, without a ton of supporting evidence, I’ve seen the calc members universally go for the low ends of calcs. Though that’s just the general ending, statistics can sometimes be completely worthless, so we’ll see which end gets accepted. (Though being 4-B for vaporizing a small country would be hilarious to see)

95% of the time, without a ton of supporting evidence, I’ve seen the calc members universally go for the low ends of calcs. Though that’s just the general ending, statistics can sometimes be completely worthless, so we’ll see which end gets accepted. (Though being 4-B for vaporizing a small country would be hilarious)
I mean, if both calcs are correct mathematically, we can debate which one to use with context from the verse. The low end is there just in case, but personally I'd support high end in this case.

I personally don’t see how the statements relates to gamma ray, at least it’s specific heat. Especially since they say it’s “like” a galactic cluster, not that it is one.

I personally don’t see how the statements relates to gamma ray, at least it’s specific heat. Especially since they say it’s “like” a galactic cluster, not that it is one.
It says equivalent to a galaxy cluster not like a galaxy cluster.

Ah, I see, more evidence that I shouldn’t be on important CRTs late at night. Sorry about that, that is completely my bad. Though I still don’t see how it necessarily relates to heat.

Also, if I didn’t make it clear, misreading that so poorly is definitely a sign I need to go to bed. So I’ll be back tomorrow.

So are is there any plans to make profiles for the Strive newcomers or something? I have a few matchup ideas for Nagoriyuki and Happy Chaos (not anything for Goldlewis yet though).

There more knowledgeable people to ask, but it appears to fit for me. It is a creation feat. Mass-Energy conversion was explicitly mentioned; the energy of Sol's punch was stated to have been converted to mass. The matter was then compressed into a pocket dimension that has Schwarzschild's radius to create the black hole, with Schwarzschild's radius being explicitly mentioned.
@DontTalkDT

Would this type of feat qualify for our black hole creation standards?

You're forgetting that Sol was as fast as the missile, so there's no point using this as an anti-feat

So I found something interesting when blocking gamma ray. The ray is instant, the character doesn’t even attempt to block it. You only start blocking when the beam becomes wider (so a complete gameplay mechanic). I have video of it, I’ll post it to YouTube soon, though this only happens within 5 frames so you need to have something that can view it frame by frame (which I have). Does anyone block in the story (I watched the stories originally without VsBattles in mind so I had no reason to make note of whether someone blocked it
Sol blocks Gamma Ray in X plus story mode

Also looking over Johnny’s stuff again, I don’t think anyone would scale to it. Zato says he can’t even see it and needs to accept that fact. And in the story Johnny surrounded Bedman in a sea of sword slashes he couldn’t escape or react to. So it seems to be a specific technique that nobody scales to (except Johnny in a way)
1- Bedman was surrounded and fighting another character at the same time, having the speed to dodge a single Johnny's attack wouldn't be enough to get around the situation.

2- Does this also scale for someone above Johhny, or is Johhny a god tier within GG and no one has speed superior to him?

You're forgetting that Sol was as fast as the missile, so there's no point using this as an anti-feat
As fast as the missile is still an anti feat for their current speed. They are currently a trillion times faster than light while the missile stated to be “never before seen” fast isn’t even light speed. Plus that missile is stated to speed up rapidly so Sol only needed to keep up with its slower speed.

Bedman doesn’t dodge any of Johnny’s swing. It doesn’t matter that he was fighting someone else because the swings did there job. They completely surround Bedman instantly and he can’t escape them. The whole reason Leo was even able to help Johnny fight him was because Johnny’s slashes kept him trapped.

It only scales to Johnny as either attack speed or a limited combat speed.

For the gamma ray that should be calculated then. Edit: (Nevermind read next comment, beam is still instant)

Last edited:
I just rewatched the cutscene. It has the same problem as the gameplay. The beam is instant, Sol blocks the expansion of the beam. At best he could be possibly relativistic+ for a generic laser block, but the beam is shown to be instant in comparison to him, so I don’t think it should be used.

I just rewatched the cutscene. It has the same problem as the gameplay. The beam is instant, Sol blocks the expansion of the beam. At best he could be possibly relativistic+ for a generic laser block, but the beam is shown to be instant in comparison to him, so I don’t think it should be used.
The next battle after that was with dizzy firing three gamma ray lasers and they don't hit the same game mechanic wall.

The next battle after that was with dizzy firing three gamma ray lasers and they don't hit the same game mechanic wall.
No they do, they actually hit the wall way clearer. It’s not even a single frame. The beams hit Sol then he blocks like half a second later.

I mean, pushing it: Sol having possibly relativistic+ Combat speed, with that possibly being a very big possibly, would be fine with me.

Running passed it and sweeping before it hits him is more impressive if your gonna be nitpicky on story cutscenes = gameplay limitations.

Having a camera that has a frame by frame option is great. Slayer doesn’t move at all during the frame the laser actually travels. He doesn’t even move for some the expansion of the beam either. Once again they are dodging the expansion of the beam, not it’s travel towards them.

Edit: If someone can tell me how to post pictures on the forums that would great. I used to know how to do it before the forums changed.

As for gameplay limitations, that’s why it should be possibly. What is shown is the beam is instant, but the story says they avoided it. So they possibly scale to a generic laser block, because it isn’t properly shown and what is shown contradicts it.

Last edited:
The beam instantly traveled to him before he even began to duck. Though I maybe looking at the wrong gamma burst. Though it doesn’t matter; it’s a single frame like every other game it’s in. Even if Sol does have slight movement in the frame he would only be moving a few cm while the beam goes completely off the screen. Last I checked we don’t use these feats if the speedy projectile (light, bullets, lighting: light in this case) travels of the screen instantly because we don’t know how far it traveled afterwards.

The beam instantly traveled to him before he even began to duck. Though I maybe looking at the wrong gamma burst. Though it doesn’t matter; it’s a single frame like every other game it’s in. Even if Sol does have slight movement in the frame he would only be moving a few cm while the beam goes completely off the screen. Last I checked we don’t use these feats if the speedy projectile (light, bullets, lighting: light in this case) travels of the screen instantly because we don’t know how far it traveled afterwards.

We already got a frame of reference for how far the laser can reach.

And How high justice can go into the air.

Not where location wise. I meant how far it went before the characters actual moved in comparison. I noticed I worded it slightly weird.

Y
Not where location wise. I meant how far it went before the characters actual moved in comparison. I noticed I worded it slightly weird.
You know the solve for distance equation exists right. Speed x Time.
Finding the distance is a non issue cause it's speed is going is light speed and the time amount it was fired would solve for distance even if it went off screen.

I’ve been told feats like this are straight rejected, we don’t calc it that way. Though even if we did calc it that way these characters move a few centimeters while the laser would be traveling miles. I guess I could do a rough calc but it would be so rough that it would be unusable.

I’ve been told feats like this are straight rejected, we don’t calc it that way. Though even if we did calc it that way these characters move a few centimeters while the laser would be traveling miles. I guess I could do a rough calc but it would be so rough that it would be unusable.
So your telling me that they're okay with using solve for speed S=d/t, solve for time T=d/s, but they're at a straight unamonus no on solve for distance D=s/t. That seems a little arbitrary to exclude one out of the three like that.

The official Guilty Gear comics adapting the story of the early games has Ky intercepting Justice's Gamma Ray after it is fired:
c-02_006.jpg
c-02_007.jpg

Later on, Sol pushes a disorientated Ky out of the way of Gamma Ray:
c-03_024.jpg
c-03_025.jpg

Gabriel says that the missile starting relatively slowly should give Sol enough time to board. Normally I would assume that the missile starts slightly slower than its cruising speed, but the Strike glossary states that the missile starts at a speed of 447 MPH. And Sol struggled to catch up to that. So low travel speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back