• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's what I said that says, reread my comment "if the spell were attempted to be used by force a big bang would be caused." And Sol using brute force to destroy magic is something more intense than merely using force magic, which is the situation that is described in the lore section. If what Sol did is something superior to the situation described, then it should be given to it the level that the situation would be, because what it did is... superior.
That's the wrong part. Yo said 'would', while it's a 'may'. It's not a real power.
Nor this durabiltiy scales to such AP.

Sol just broke the entrance, it's not something that can be scaled

That's the wrong part. Yo said 'would', while it's a 'may'. It's not a real power.
Nor this durabiltiy scales to such AP.

Sol just broke the entrance, it's not something that can be scaled
the "may" is clearly due to real elements that allow this possibility, so it is real power. and scale to AP yes since it is written there that a big bang could be caused, how would a big bang not scale to AP?

And there's one thing about speed, I've heard that there is a ship that does interplanetary travel in Guilty Gear and that Sol is superior to it, I've never seen any of that information in Guilty Gear games, this is something that came out of some novel, drama cd or Panchiko's?

the "may" is clearly due to real elements that allow this possibility, so it is real power. and scale to AP yes since it is written there that a big bang could be caused, how would a big bang not scale to AP?
Because that implies incomptence and potential of all magic. We have seen nobody able to tank such. ANd just the entrance being 'more complex' doesn't make it scale higher. Nor implies its durability is equal.

Literally all it says is that it's possible to make such a spell (and it's limited to avoid such by divine magic), not that Asuka's spell or Sol's fist scale to this statement
And there's one thing about speed, I've heard that there is a ship that does interplanetary travel in Guilty Gear and that Sol is superior to it, I've never seen any of that information in Guilty Gear games, this is something that came out of some novel, drama cd or Panchiko's?
From the wiki, i read there is an space ship called 'Mothership' in the Xtra manga. Not sure if it can perform interplanetary travel, though

Because that implies incomptence and potential of all magic. We have seen nobody able to tank such. ANd just the entrance being 'more complex' doesn't make it scale higher. Nor implies its durability is equal.

Literally all it says is that it's possible to make such a spell (and it's limited to avoid such by divine magic), not that Asuka's spell or Sol's fist scale to this statement
Even though the portal had to opened with outside of the twelve divine steps, which makes it pretty blatant that's there's a scale in potency in magic once it's interacting with magic outside the twelve steps.

Sorry for being gone so long. I was busy for four days straight then afterwards I was wondering if I would even be able to respond to anything due to all the time that passed. Also I do want to look more into GG more before I responded. So I’ll just say I’m not going to be able to proper response to this thread. I’ll make a thread after the upgrades to talk about them when I have more proper time and information. Terribly sorry for the inconvenience, and I hope you all have good days.

No problem Keeweed.

Also, what are the conclusions here so far along with the reasons for them?

Even though the portal had to opened with outside of the twelve divine steps, which makes it pretty blatant that's there's a scale in potency in magic once it's interacting with magic outside the twelve steps.
Divine magic is explictly stated not to be offensive.

Divine magic is explictly stated not to be offensive.
Bruh, that say the fundamental everything of magic especially the ones used offensively can't be used offensively period. Plus where is that quote even stated cause I know it's not from overture.

Still no collaboration with me here it seems. It only hurts the overall progress of this revision though.

We've never seen anyone do this with magic, as no one in Guilty Gear used magic by force, every time we saw people using magic through the divine method mentioned there, which in this case is through understanding the magic chords, so the situation described actually it never happened, because nobody did what was necessary to make it happen, which is to use magic by force. And you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to say here (or maybe I didn't express myself very well) I'm not implying that any use of magic equals the big bang, I'm implying that destroying magic is something more intense than the big bang, because one use of force is something less than total destruction, and Sol did the second, so it's deductible that this scale can be given to him.

And continuing on Justice's feat involving information density, Justice's body would serve as the conductor until the end of that process, the entire process would use Justice as the conductor even if by chance she dies, the process would continue as long as her body maintained itself, and with that we had the information that Justice's body would resist the entire process, which in turn would destroy the physical world. And also the density of information imposed through the flow only increased at each moment, the moment it was equivalent to a cluster of galaxies was just the beginning, the process was serving to materialize certain beings, that as the process progressed ears and eyes got formed and it wasn't long after Gamma Ray was used to cut off all the flow, so in reality the Gamma Ray feat here was not actually a counter feat as it served to interrupt this process of information flow in more advanced states, which in its initial state generated the equivalent of a cluster of galaxies, Japan being mentioned as being able to be destroyed here is not very relevant, even because the attack power page itself takes more as a criterion to merely generate energy than destroy in area.

I think Guilty Gear XRD has a reliable speed statement mentioned in-story:

November 2, 2187
Zepp -- Outer District

ZEPP SOLDIER 2: All 420 targeting beacons have been placed. ID Code and link bridge verification, complete. Setting temporary target location to A-1.

ZEPP SOLDIER 3: Bunker level... Magic shielding density, cleared.

ZEPP SOLDIER 1: Ground-to-ground ICBM "Vagilanda" armed and ready to fire!

GABRIEL: Sol, can you hear me?

SOL: Yeah!

GABRIEL: The Vagilanda flies horizontally--a perfect marriage of magic and our technology. Its cruising speed is around 5.2km/s. We're approximately 9,200km from our target, so we estimate around 22 minutes to impact. It starts relatively slowly, which should give you enough time to, ah, board, but this isn't exactly something any human could actually do. We've removed the payload, but that won't make the impact of the missile any less deadly for you.

SOL: Done with the lecture? Let's get this show on the road.

GABRIEL: Hrmph. Just don't forget what I've told you. Your superhuman nature is the key to all of this. We're counting on you.

SOL: ...

GABRIEL: Begin approach! Vagilanda... FIRE!

In the cutscene, Sol struggles to catch up to the ICBM, which is moving slower than its 5200 m/s cruising speed (though fast enough to quickly disappear from the horizon), and he seems to generate fire behind him to boost his speed.
Why didn't they just strap Sol to the missile and be done with it?

Since the ICBM was considered the most efficient method for travel, it would still act as evidence that the Instant Kills where characters get tossed to space or to the moon at MFTL+ or Relativistic+ speeds are exaggerated depictions.

Since the ICBM was considered the most efficient method for travel, it would still act as evidence that the Instant Kills where characters get tossed to space or to the moon at MFTL+ or Relativistic+ speeds are exaggerated depictions.
Massive load of headcannon alert,
That's a specific situation their trying to get a specific distance to without overshooting.

Plus, your trying to use this one travel speed outlier to debunk all the other speed feets that are either combat speed feets or flight speed feats which doesn't work here cause your using this against sol not slayer, not Jack-O, not bridget. So this missile's not even applicable here. And we've been over the song and dance on if IK's are cannon or not.

I just want to say the MFTL+ literally comes from travel speed. Jack-O and Justice travel out of the Galaxy which is why they are MFTL+. So the characters having half a dozen to a dozen anti feats against travel speed (being yeeted by the May ship traveling a few kilometers a second, Chipp taking over half a day to travel at max half the planet, Sol not being able to keep up with a rocket, Slayer didn’t find the distance between two countries to be funny, he found it to be annoying and a hard journey), means the MFTL+ that doesn’t even happen in the story should be dismissed. I won’t talk about the ap stuff until I make my own thread, but speed I will absolutely talk about.

You’re shifting the goal post without realizing travel speed was the original goal post anyways.

Edit: Remember the MFTL+ feats are over a trillion times better than everything else at least. That is the telltale sign of an outlier.

Last edited:
I just want to say the MFTL+ literally comes from travel speed. Jack-O and Justice travel out of the Galaxy which is why they are MFTL+. So the characters having half a dozen to a dozen anti feats against travel speed (being yeeted by the May ship traveling a few kilometers a second, Chipp taking over half a day to travel at max half the planet, Sol not being able to keep up with a rocket, Slayer didn’t find the distance between two countries to be funny, he found it to be annoying and a hard journey), means the MFTL+ that doesn’t even happen in the story should be dismissed. I won’t talk about the ap stuff until I make my own thread, but speed I will absolutely talk about.

You’re shifting the goal post without realizing travel speed was the original goal post anyways.

Edit: Remember the MFTL+ feats are over a trillion times better than everything else at least. That is the telltale sign of an outlier.
No your moving the goal post at this point cause these travel speed feats to mentioned are being used in a combat scenarios and your using characters that aren't the main source of these mftl+ feats besides slayer even he's different case his feat isn't even him traveling. Now your bringing up May's cannon AGAIN like it's something that matters, that equipment you don't scale to equipment like that. And now your making a massive claim that character A that scales via travel that characters B-Z must also scale via to A's same travel speed to scale even though that's not how it even worked in the first place. The reason anyone even scales to A is via combat speed which doesn't inherently have to match travel speed to a 1:1 ratio.

No I said May’s ship. Faust hopping off it yeeted him through sheer interia. The feats being in a combat scenario does not make it combat speed. Combat speed refers to attacking like punches and kicks and general reactions. Punching someone across the Galaxy is only attack speed (Rayman and Uncle Death both have it for similar reason), it won’t scale to anyone.

Jack-O doesn’t kick at MFTL+ speed, she raises her leg up before travelling towards the opponent. Her feat is travel speed.

Chipp, Slayer, and Sol are some of the fastest characters in the series and they all have anti feats. Jack-O’s feat isn’t done in the story and is never implied to be able to happen throughout it ever.

Edit: To clarify Slayer’s attack speed won’t apply to his punch, so dodging his punch isn’t a feat. Rayman, who has practically same feat, can’t punch at MFTL+ speeds he can just send objects flying that fast, it’s non combat applicable.

Last edited:
No I said May’s ship. Faust hopping off it yeeted him through sheer interia. The feats being in a combat scenario does not make it combat speed. Combat speed refers to attacking like punches and kicks and general reactions. Punching someone across the Galaxy is only attack speed (Rayman and Uncle Death both have it for similar reason), it won’t scale to anyone.
I don't know where your even getting that May's ship thing from outside of her IK, except your blatantly forgetting that dodging an IK is possible thus would still be applicable to combat speed. Which one you'd have to prove IK's are undogeable.
Jack-O doesn’t kick at MFTL+ speed, she raises her leg up before travelling towards the opponent. Her feat is travel speed.

Chipp, Slayer, and Sol are some of the fastest characters in the series and they all have anti feats. Jack-O’s feat isn’t done in the story and is never implied to be able to happen throughout it ever.
Just cause your considered the fastest in combat doesn't mean your fastest in travel. And running in circles on IK's again on the stupid bell curve of if they're not all used in story thus they're not applicable doesn't work cause we use IKs as what these characters can do not what they have done.
Edit: To clarify Slayer’s attack speed won’t apply to his punch, so dodging his punch isn’t a feat. Rayman, who has practically same feat, can’t punch at MFTL+ speeds he can just send objects flying that fast, it’s non combat applicable.
The only reason that whole argument you just doesn't crumble like dust is due to the anti FTL kinetic energy embargo preventing it from being put into combat speed, also bad analogy cause everything you just said on that rayman feat is straight up blatant lie he got MFTL+ off of that feat.

I’m referring Sign’s story. Faust hops off the May ship when it’s stated to be traveling only a few kilometers and he is completely ragdogged by the interia. It has nothing to do within instant kills.

The beginning of the instant kills aren’t massively faster than light at all. Only during the instant kill cutscenes do they perform the feats.

If you read Rayman’s profile you’ll see that MFTL+ only applies to attack speed, not combat speed. He can’t punch that fast, only send things he punches that fast.

This applies to Slayer because it’s literally the same feat. They both punch someone celestial distances away.

Edit: The calc you linked even says it’s only attack speed.

Last edited:
I’m referring Sign’s story. Faust hops off the May ship when it’s stated to be traveling only a few kilometers and he is completely ragdogged by the interia. It has nothing to do within instant kills.
Faust is the same weird character in the character in the verse who can just teleport through doors and this is a anti feat how, cause that moment where he could of been caught off guard.
The beginning of the instant kills aren’t massively faster than light at all. Only during the instant kill cutscenes do they perform the feats.
You can't apply that to slayer or justice since there feats are on the spot before the cutscene.
If you read Rayman’s profile you’ll see that MFTL+ only applies to attack speed, not combat speed.
Well that's cause no one in that verse really scales relative to that peak attack speed where with slayer there's plenty of higher end tier characters that scale to him.

Slayer’s feat isn’t MFTL+ for his punch though. His fist isn’t moving massively faster than light, the opponent is from the force of his punch. A force that unfortunately can’t be calculated because kinetic energy breaks down near the (practically at) speed of light.

Faust wasn’t caught off guard. He chose to teleport there, he just wasn’t fast enough to keep up with the interia. If he was fast enough he would have been able to catch himself, but he didn’t he was completely ragdolled.

The also ignores Chipp’s, Sol’s, and Slayer’s anti feats.

Slayer’s attack speed won’t scale to other characters. That type of attack speed only applies to characters who showcase it and Slayer’s the only one that does.

Slayer’s feat isn’t MFTL+ for his punch though. His fist isn’t moving massively faster than light, the opponent is from the force of his punch. A force that unfortunately can’t be calculated because kinetic energy breaks down near the (practically at) speed of light.
So saying you can have that kinetic energy via Zero speed. get out of bloody kinetic energy embargo cause your stuck in the same appeal to reality claim like everyone else.
Faust wasn’t caught off guard. He chose to teleport there, he just wasn’t fast enough to keep up with the interia. If he was fast enough he would have been able to catch himself, but he didn’t he was completely ragdolled.
That blaintly be caught off guard, he teleported to the wrong place at the wrong time and was caught off guard and couldn't stabilize himself.
The also ignores Chipp’s, Sol’s, and Slayer’s anti feats.
I didn't ignore them, cause those anti feats are combat speed not equaling travel speed.
Slayer’s attack speed won’t scale to other characters. That type of attack speed only applies to characters who showcase it and Slayer’s the only one that does.
Except we treat IKs like this as what they can do at thier peaks and theirs a good amount of characters to work a chain off of to use it. Gabriel being the most consistent character scaled to slayer at his peak.

Kinetic energy not being usable Light Speed and above is a site wide rule that has existed for years, for a good reason. Kinetic Energy breaks down at speeds faster than light, it doesn’t mean anything at that point. When characters in fiction launch people at speeds faster than light it isn’t a proper feat for anything because it isn’t calculable.

Wait did you put that backwards. How would any of there feats be combat speed, they’re all about going to a destination. Jack-O’s feat isn’t combat speed either, she travels out of the Galaxy and returns. She raised her leg up to kick before going back. Her entire feat is travel based.

Scaling off ap does not scale off this type of attack speed. This attack speed only applies to the characters that show it. The characters that share Rayman’s attack speed also preform the feat. Nobody else, including people that can easily fight him, scale.

Last edited:
Kinetic energy not being usable Light Speed and above is a site wide rule that has existed for years, for a good reason. Kinetic Energy breaks down at speeds faster than light, it doesn’t mean anything at that point. When characters in fiction launch people at speeds faster than light it isn’t a proper feat for anything because it isn’t calculable.
Even though the rayman feat you mentioned earlier contradicts your entire point.
Wait did you put that backwards. How would any of there feats be combat speed, they’re all about going to a destination. Jack-O’s feat isn’t combat speed either, she travels out of the Galaxy and returns. She raised her leg up to kick before going back. Her entire feat is travel based.
Jack-O's IK is a reference to justice's IK which was used in a combat scenario that you can counter IKs back in GG lost link.
Scaling off ap does not scale off this type of attack speed. This attack speed only applies to the characters that show it. The characters that share Rayman’s attack speed also preform the feat. Nobody else than can easily fight him scale.
There's no character A fighting character B scenario in what you described at all, they can replicate the feat but they never established fighting each other which is why it's attack speed and not combat speed.
But that's the exact opposite for the IK feats.

Already tried explaining it. He doesn't care.

“Even though the rayman feat you mentioned earlier contradicts your entire point.”

Rayman gets his ap for shaking a celestial object, not from the launch.

Jack-O’s feat being in combat doesn’t matter. Combat speed isn’t about being in combat it’s about how fast you can fight (punch, kick, and similar stuff) and reaction speeds. Jack-O leaving the Galaxy is entirely movement. She did it in combat, it isn’t the combat in itself.

I don’t get your argument when it comes to the attack speed scaling. People fight Rayman all the time and have the same ap in his verse. They don’t scale to his attack speed because they don’t preform the feat. For attack speed like this you can’t get it from scaling you have to preform the feat yourself.

These are the standards of the site. Don't agree, make a thread to change them. Simple as that.
And debate the same cronies that can't consistently make thier mind if useable or not. I'll pass cause I'm already in text debate slug fest here trying to stand my ground on what little is left here, but tbh I can just dip off this thread any time I want cause honestly we're getting absolutely nowhere with this and honestly
You can take this as a take or leave it cause I'm gone.

Can each side of the arguments here explain their viewpoints in an easy to understand manner please, so I can try to be of help, and maybe ask more staff to evaluate them?

For Slayer’s ap. We don’t use faster than light speeds for kinetic energy calculations because the formula for kinetic energy completely breaks at light speed. So this isn’t just a site problem, the calculation is literally impossible.

For his speed, it isn’t a speed feat for him or his fist, it’s the speed the opponent gets sent due to his ap. But since FTL kinetic energy isn’t a thing it doesn’t work as an ap feat.

Jack-O’s speed feat comes from a none story event. I’m not even sure it should be canon but that’s a big can of worms I don’t want to bring up. So focusing on the feat itself it is hilariously above everything else in the story of the game. People comparable to Jack-O constantly get inconvenienced by a few kilometers of distance, one of the fastest characters took over half a day to travel across at most half the planet, another character finds traveling across the planet to be a long and annoying journey, Sol (another fastest character) barely kept up with a missile with a know speed, and finally one character was chuck due to sheer interia due to moving a few kilometers a second.

Jack-Os feat is over a trillion times better than everyone else’s feats and hers is causal while theirs takes a lot of effort or completely rag dolls them. Jack-Os also isn’t done in the story and is already dubious canon.

I’ll need to find some replacement feats. So far we have Ky moving at the same or faster speeds as his electricity, one character caught a rpg missile, and Sol kept up with a missile. Chipp’s world travel can also possibly be calculated but I doubt it would get good results.

Last edited:
You should put that in a blog then with the evidence saying gamma ray isn’t just a name and actually is comparable to real gamma rays (I’m not saying that to disagree I’m perfectly fine with the recalc, just I’ve seen absolute zero stuff very similar to that get rejected a lot as just names, so putting the evidence in the blog will make things simpler on everyone’s part).

Not I don’t think it supports the instant kills in any way. Blazblue current rating is very similar to many instant kills and they are still non canon. I just really don’t want to talk too much on instant kills right now because that conversation would go on forever and I want to not be stressed during thanksgiving with my grandma.

I’m fine with that recalc and if accepted by calc memevrs it’s perfectly fine to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back