• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frieza Saga Goku FTL Citation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not calc stacking if it has a explicit stated speed.

But, the lightspeed for it was thrown out so it diesnt matter anyway.

I understood that the Legend of Manga reference is questionable, so I wanted to get the context set up.

Facts about Death Beams

• Death Beams are the fastest ki beam at this point in the story
  • Piccolo's moon ki beam is at least sub-relativistic by our standards
  • Piccolo and Vegeta, who are considered at least Relativistic at the time by our community, recalled only seeing a flash
My Process
After the pixel scaling, I made the first calc using light speed and worked my way down while also getting a minimum Death Beam Speed needed for Goku to have Lightspeed movement, which is 64.4283121593% SoL. I'm not sure if it considered calc stacking if I just use the moon beam calc as a comparison rather than plugging it into my math.

Just to be clear, saying that beam X is faster than the calc of beam Y is not allowed?

The death beam is faster yeah, no one is gonna argue that.

We can't say by how much though, unless given an explicit answer or multiplier (like kaiokenx20 since that directly effects speed).

Would it sound subjective to say that since humans see at least a flash at Subsonic (Faster than the Eye: Mach 0.1-0.5) speeds and higher that Sub-relativistic and Relativistic characters would see at least a flash at Lightspeed and higher?

Who knows, but we can't make guesses like that. It'll lead to inflated results, not just for end but many things.

We either use stated stuff, or calcs

Now that I think about it, how was Base Goku scaled to FTL prior if there isn't a calculation associated with it, aside from the Piccolo beam back in Sayain Saga?

@The real cal howard

Do you know anything about a Death Ball speed calculation?

Sub-Rel by Godmovement I believe. You can ask Matt to check it out when he has the time, since he can see NF Blogs.

Edit: AFAIK, the calc is pretty simple angsizing so just redoing it shouldn't be an issue.

The speeds until Final Form Frieza are fine, after that they should be downgraded, which i tried once but the staff apperently did not thought that calc was stacking.

^ That's about 3.7968927% SoL

Also, can you save a copy of the page on internet archive so the others and I can see it too?

I hope these are not to downgrade the Pre-Final Frieza form speeds because Matthew told me to not remove them, the reason is on Son Goku profile speed.

Staff agreed that Piccolo's attack was an outlier in speed, so they'd be somewhat downgraded, but they'll still be FTL by the Frieza Saga anyway.

No, Matthew told me to not remove them if you want to do, you need to discuss with him.

Believe it or not, I don't want to yet, surprisingly. We'd need yet another staff discussion, as quite some time has passed since.

It would be very helpful if some of our staff members prepare for the calculations revision project by getting 25 posts in the Narutoforums.

I don't think Piccolo's feat was an outlier because the reasoning for it being outlier is that it doesn't agree with scaling from original Dragon Ball. But we all agree that DBZ gave huge power boosts to almost all characters and it should apply to speed too, as ki is the source for both power and speed, and it agrees with scaling it down from the Frieza arc.

On another note, we already have FTL in the Frieza arc because of Goku swatting away the death beams.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Lina_Shields/Goku_Swats_Away_Death_Beams

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:FanofRPGs/Goku_swats_away_the_Death_Beams

@AKM sama

Yeah, I made an updated version of that and added in the variable speed. In order for Goku to be light speed, the Death Beams needed to be at least 64% SoL. We're working on proving the beams speed at the moment.

I think Death balls should be slower than the death beams in comparison.

I thank J-Man for starting to recover the lost calcs, since we have increased viewers that might question why most calcs links to Error, which is a problem for us.

I have called Matthew, let's see there a lot of verses that that have slower speed and ap feats after a rather big one, why DBZ should be an exception?. RadicalMr calced Piccolo beam Sub-Relativistic and Frieza Death Ball Relativistic, which is good speed link for Z, Goku could also use the Kaioken to boost his speed and in the comments it seems they were not rejected. Even if the ODB/Narutoforum ones were recalced here, they would likely end at this results.

There are no FTL speed feats in Z, so Final Form Frieza to Semi-Perfect Cell shoud be at least Relativistic, Relativistic+ from Perfect Cell to Fat Buu and at least Relativistic+ from SS3 Gotenks and onwards.

We will start a Narutoforums calculation links replacement project in the near future. Ryukama or Kavpeny is going to organise it when either gets enough free time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back