• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Friday Night Funkin': Getting Freaky (Literally) On A Friday Night After These Upgrades

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
I know it was Thursday when I made this but shhh

This should be pretty straightforward. Basically, a new update came out a few days ago which adds in new results screens depending on how well you do, with one of these screens involving Boyfriend throwing Girlfriend into bed with this much force. This got accepted to be 9-B, and this should be able to scale to Boyfriend's AP. In addition, I did a recalculation of Pico knocking Girlfriend off her speakers in the same blog which upgrades the feat to 2.1 megajoules, which should scale to everyone currently 9-B as well as Boyfriend & Girlfriend's durability, with them also receiving Class K lifting strength.

Nene also has a calculation of her being able to throw knives in tandem with Pico's bullets which got up to Transonic speed, so this should scale to her attack speed.

Finally, something I'm surprised isn't on either of their profiles is Pico and Darnell being skilled in hand to hand combat as seen in the 4th song of Weekend 1. Thus, Pico and Darnell should get Martial Arts.

I'm a bit unsure about using a feat done in a results screen. It's not like it happens during the story, it's just one of many silly animations that can play after beating any level in the game. I can't really say for sure that they aren't canon, but it just seems odd.

If that doesn't work, Boyfriend does have this calc.

Finally, something I'm surprised isn't on either of their profiles is Pico and Darnell being skilled in hand to hand combat as seen in the 4th song of Weekend 1. Thus, Pico and Darnell should get Martial Arts.
I wouldn't say their fighting is anything too impressive in the grand scheme of things, it's just punches and blocks. I guess that's enough to qualify though? Normal people certainly couldn't block with that much consistency

Rest looks fine, no issues

I'm a bit unsure about using a feat done in a results screen. It's not like it happens during the story, it's just one of many silly animations that can play after beating any level in the game. I can't really say for sure that they aren't canon, but it just seems odd.
I mean, nothing suggests that Boyfriend can't do it. Unless there's some statement that the results screens aren't canon, then I have no problem with using them for scaling.

• The same as ShockingPsychic (I already doubt using the Nendoroid trailer as canon, a results screen... I doubt it even more)
  • I'm sad that my calculation is replaced, but if it is more correct, then it will have to be, go ahead.
  • I'm not entirely sure about Nene's calculation, when the whole point of the scene is Pico shooting the knife so that the shot rebounds, (also... how much is each pixel worth, the calculation is dividing the pixels that the knife moved with the pixels that the bullet moved, multiplied by the speed of the shot, I haven't done pixel scaling in a long time, but is that okay?), anyway, what we accept in Pico's profile is that he uses 2 Mac-10s, not an Uzi, and I'm sure the Mac-10 are slower)
  • Unlike ShockingPsychic, I don't see a problem in martial arts for Pico or Darrel, it's a pretty decent street level (especially the final animation)

I'm not entirely sure about Nene's calculation, when the whole point of the scene is Pico shooting the knife so that the shot rebounds, (also... how much is each pixel worth, the calculation is dividing the pixels that the knife moved with the pixels that the bullet moved, multiplied by the speed of the shot, I haven't done pixel scaling in a long time, but is that okay?), anyway, what we accept in Pico's profile is that he uses 2 Mac-10s, not an Uzi, and I'm sure the Mac-10 are slower)
The thing is, the knife is thrown in tandem with Pico's bullet, so the speed of the knife would be however many times faster or slower it is moving in tandem with the bullet (In this case, the latter).

The thing is, the knife is thrown in tandem with Pico's bullet, so the speed of the knife would be however many times faster or slower it is moving in tandem with the bullet (In this case, the latter).
Maybe it's because I'm a bit of an st*p*d, but I have a hard time seeing it work, but oh well.
Anyway, wrong gun
If I remember correctly, the gun is supposed to be purely fictitious, but it was inspired/is comparable to the Uzi or Mac-10s, and for safety's sake we went for the lowest one.

I mean, nothing suggests that Boyfriend can't do it. Unless there's some statement that the results screens aren't canon, then I have no problem with using them for scaling.
I don't reaaally agree with this, but I also would not complain if this is what's decided. It makes sense, I don't see why BF couldn't do that, it's just a bit too odd of a feat for me to say "yeah the silly animations in the result screens are canon". Again, it's not like they're apart of the plot or anything, they happen in a menu outside of gameplay, and can happen for every single level.

If this doesn't end up working, I do wanna point out that BF harms Daddy Dearest in the figure commercial by kicking up a board into his crotch. Would this be an AP feat that would let him scale to DD, or is it weird since he used a board to do it?

On second thought, I have no real issues with Martial Arts though. They are mercenaries after all. The combat is just less of "martial arts" and moreso a flashy fistfight to me, but I guess flashy fistfights are a form of martial arts

I don't reaaally agree with this, but I also would not complain if this is what's decided. It makes sense, I don't see why BF couldn't do that, it's just a bit too odd of a feat for me to say "yeah the silly animations in the result screens are canon". Again, it's not like they're apart of the plot or anything, they happen in a menu outside of gameplay, and can happen for every single level.
While I can understand the skepticism and agree to an extent it's weird, I think I value more the fact they included the specific animation at all. On a visual medium, unless given reason to suspect the portrayal, I'd say to take everything shown into consideration. So in that sense, the creators portrayed this character as capable of performing this feat, be it for humor or otherwise is secondary for our purposes. If it doesn't contradict anything, it's not an outlier and otherwise? Should be 100% fine to use.

That is to say, I can agree with OP to apply it.

While I can understand the skepticism and agree to an extent it's weird, I think I value more the fact they included the specific animation at all. On a visual medium, unless given reason to suspect the portrayal, I'd say to take everything shown into consideration. So in that sense, the creators portrayed this character as capable of performing this feat, be it for humor or otherwise is secondary for our purposes. If it doesn't contradict anything, it's not an outlier and otherwise? Should be 100% fine to use.

That is to say, I can agree with OP to apply it.
I think it was made so that people understand that it is not a game for children (because even though the remixes are called erect, they still don't realize)

Anyway, The knives feat uses the wrong gun, it is not the one mentioned in the profile and the difference is notable (400 vs 366), For quick consultation the result becomes 299.27 (that is, Subsonic+)

Hold up. If you're willing to accept GF being 900 lbs, why the heck aren't you willing to accept Boyfriend being seven feet tall even though both figures came from the same dang source (Game Dev banter)?

Hold up. If you're willing to accept GF being 900 lbs, why the heck aren't you willing to accept Boyfriend being seven feet tall even though both figures came from the same dang source (Game Dev banter)?
The Artist made a JoJo Reference about how Boyfriend is drawn short to represent his Innocence, so we're waiting for when this artstyle rule gets broken and we actually see proof of 7ft Boyfriend in-game.

So far I feel like we have less evidence now than when that thread about size happened (because why would cutscenes primarily featuring Pico and his "friends" care about BF's innocence?).

Also uhh I guess this CRT is fine but the Nene feat needs to be recalc with the Mac-10 muzzle velocity and not Uzi's

He’s drawn shorter in-game cause he’s innocent, so his real height can’t be used
That's an art style thing, as literally stated by the same guy:

Also, in that same Reddit post, guy literally implied it would have went either way, and flipping Pico is shown to be as tall as a traffic light pole that he's a mere sidewalk block from. You wanna know how high that is? The legal minimum is 17.5 feet!: https://codelibrary.amlegal.com/codes/weston/latest/weston_fl/0-0-0-7749

That's an art style thing, as literally stated by the same guy:
That's... what we're saying?
Also, in that same Reddit post, guy literally implied it would have went either way, and flipping Pico is shown to be as tall as a traffic light pole that he's a mere sidewalk block from.
Wasn't that in response to "is BF short or everyone else tall?", which also makes no reference to the 7ft BF thing so it works without that context?

You know what else Pico (and Nene) were shown more closely to and at the beggining of an actual cutscene? Actual human beings and store windows, both significantly below 17.5 feet and with Pico being drawn in more realistic proportions.

EDIT: Actually, didn't you mention BF arms reaching door height in the sampler video? It wouldn't put BF into superhuman heights (I mean, I can easily reach with my arms above door height while just standing normally), but it would upgrade his height to around an average human.

I don't know if it's good manners to try and add to a CRT, so I apologize if not.

However, while we're here, I want to suggest removing the "Unknown, Possibly" from Mommy Mearest and Daddy Dearest, making them normal 9-B. Daddy was shown harming Boyfriend in the Nenoroid comic and Mommy was shown harming him in the figure trailer.

I don't know if it's good manners to try and add to a CRT, so I apologize if not.

However, while we're here, I want to suggest removing the "Unknown, Possibly" from Mommy Mearest and Daddy Dearest, making them normal 9-B. Daddy was shown harming Boyfriend in the Nenoroid comic and Mommy was shown harming him in the figure trailer.
When they hurt him in the comic (I don't remember much about it)? I don't think hitting the Nendoroid counts, it's basically a voodoo doll.

When they hurt him in the comic (I don't remember much about it)? I don't think hitting the Nendoroid counts, it's basically a voodoo doll.
It's damage transferal and BF survives it, should scale. It's basically like he got hit. He got punched into a wall and stabbed

It's basically like he got hit
yes... for a giant fist
Look, obviously DD can hurt BF (common sense), but getting the scaling based on him hurting the doll and that damage being transferred to BF... no,
Again, it's basically the voodoo doll trope, If you cut off the arm of a voodoo doll, the victim would still lose it, regardless of whether he was able to resist exploding moons or something like that.
It's technically a method of ignoring the victim's resistance

I disagree. Daddy punched the doll and Boyfriend was sent flying into the wall. While it was the doll that got hit, Boyfriend got hit with the same amount of force

Back