• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Four Knights of the Apocalypse/Nanatsu no Taizai Main Discussion Thread

Disagree with even possibly.

Emphasis on where they can be killed. It's not immortality if he can be killed somewhat normally (as he's killed in the series, anyway).
The same thing happened with the devils from black clover but they were still given immortality type 9 and it was accepted. Possessing vessels or creating vessels like he did when he merged with Britannia while the true body resides in a different dimension counts for type 9 immortality.

I really don't trust your assessment when it comes to other verses.

He didn't exist in Purgatory, only his physical body did.

All he did was move his consciousness, which was contained in the Commandments outside of Purgatory, into Britannia. It was possession.

And again, exist independently from the plane where they can be killed

I really don't trust your assessment when it comes to other verses.

He didn't exist in Purgatory, only his physical body did.

All he did was move his consciousness, which was contained in the Commandments outside of Purgatory, into Britannia. It was possession.

And again, exist independently from the plane where they can be killed
Also the demon king was erased not killed so that doesn’t debunk anything. Which would also mean true magic Meliodas could get interdimensional range but I digress. The commandments are just and extension of himself his body and soul is still in purgatory. Just look at the devils from black clover and how they got immortality type 9.

Via the Commandments, thusly his consciousness, getting destroyed. It was still outside of Purgatory and not his original body, so you don't have an argument. The rest just relies on assumptions that aren't even worth addressing.

Who says that's the case? Souls contain consciousness, so the fact that the Commandments contain his indicates that his soul most likely isn't in his OG body. Nothing suggests the new bodies only have part of DK in them.

I was right not to trust you here. None of them even have Type 9 on their profiles.

Via the Commandments, thusly his consciousness, getting destroyed. It was still outside of Purgatory and not his original body, so you don't have an argument. The rest just relies on assumptions that aren't even worth addressing.

Who says that's the case? Souls contain consciousness, so the fact that the Commandments contain his indicates that his soul most likely isn't in his OG body.

I was right not to trust you here. None of them even have Type 9 on their profiles.
Look at devil biology I think it’s their

I found it.

Very specific shit that doesn't support what you're saying.

Limited and only applicable to devils that manifest without their gate opening; their true selves are located in the Underworld, and killing them would require destroying their hearts when they fully manifest or doing so in the Underworld
Yeah so limited type 9 can apply here. It’s like saying because you were able to affect true form dark side trough and artifact means he doesn’t have type 9 that’s makes no sense.

It's limited due to being conditional; demons will lose type 9 by fully manifesting. If they don't fully manifest, they won't die because they partially exist in another dimension.

That's a totally different context.

It's limited due to being conditional; demons will lose type 9 by fully manifesting. If they don't fully manifest, they won't die because they partially exist in another dimension.

That's a totally different context.
The demon king is all conditional type 9 just slightly different reasoning

It's not slightly different, nor is it conditional.

He just removes himself from his original body, and implants himself into another body that is shown to be capable of dying if the Commandments are destroyed, meaning he can't go to his original one at all.

You're conflating two things that just don't go together.

It's not slightly different, nor is it conditional.

He just removes himself from his original body, and implants himself into another body that is shown to be capable of dying if the Commandments are destroyed, meaning he can't go to his original one at all.

You're conflating two things that just don't go together.
I am confused his true body still exist in purgatory he is just making avatars with commandments and taking vessels.

He's not making avatars, he's implanting his entire consciousness into existing vessels via the completed ten commandments.

In order to have Type 9, he'd actually have to have some way of surviving the 10Cs being destroyed, and allowing him to return to another realm. And we haven't seen such a thing.

He's not making avatars, he's implanting his entire consciousness into existing vessels via the completed ten commandments.

In order to have Type 9, he'd actually have to have some way of surviving the 10Cs being destroyed, and allowing him to return to another realm. And we haven't seen such a thing.
Should crisis be accelerated development I asked in the p n a?

If the 10cs were to be destroyed individually wouldn’t his normal body still exist ?

Without the 10Cs and in an unliving state.

The 10Cs also can't exorcise any power without a vessel.

I didn’t fully grasp what you said due to my bad English but:

Imagine the commandments being destroyed, DK would still be alive and exist in his true body.

The commandments had to be erased for him to be gone for good.
I didn’t fully grasp what you said due to my bad English but:

Imagine the commandments being destroyed, DK would still be alive and exist in his true body.
Exactly this should qualify for type 9 immortality or at least a limited version of it.

In order to go to other bodies and leave his old one behind in another dimension, he needs the Commandments in someone else's body, at which point he's fused with them.

So, no, it literally can't work that way. His old body is separated.

Also wouldn’t Chaos get Immortality type 9 ?
Killing Arthur wouldn’t be killing Chaos it would just be the end of where he belongs as a vessel

The commandments had to be erased for him to be gone for good.
And? The Commandments were in the same plane as DK's new body and consciousness.

He'd totally abandoned his old one, and couldn't get back.

He doesn't just leave a piece of himself that allows him to survive after he's destroyed in either realm.

In order to go to other bodies and leave his old one behind in another dimension, he needs the Commandments in someone else's body, at which point he's fused with them.

So, no, it literally can't work that way. His old body is separated.
oh yeah and he anyway couldn’t survive the destruction of the vessel/10cs

To also put it another way.

Say I had an original body in another dimension, but now I'm a non-corporeal being who's possessing someone else.

My new body is destroyed, and my non-corporeal spirit is separated.

At any time, I can just open a wormhole to get to my old body.

Then, I get an entirely different body, but it's totally destroyed alongside the non-corporeal essence.

Even the fact that the original body is easily accessible makes no difference. It's not Type 9 because no part of that is directly contingent on the fact that the other body is in the other realm, and the essence or other bodies can't just reform there if destroyed. It'd make no difference whether the body is located, as well.

This on par with giving everyone on the wiki Type 8 immortality just because the universe exists.

Last edited:
To also put it another way.

Say I had an original body in another dimension, but now I'm a non-corporeal being who's possessing someone else.

My new body is destroyed, and my non-corporeal spirit is separated.

At any time, I can just open a wormhole to get to my old body.

Then, I get an entirely different body, but it's totally destroyed alongside the non-corporeal essence.

Even the fact that the original body is easily accessible makes no difference. It's not Type 9 because no part of that is directly contingent on the fact that the other body is in the other realm, and the essence or other bodies can't just reform there if destroyed. It'd make no difference whether the body is located, as well.

This is like giving everyone on the wiki Type 8 immortality just because the universe exists.
His vessels did reform like when he got kicked out of Meliodas went to Zeldris got kicked out again and merged with the country he only lost his magic so he couldn’t resurrect again for at least 100 years. This should still qualify for limited type 9.

Last edited:
Firstly, what I said in that part wasn't to do with criteria, it was just to express how far away from Type 9 this is. That didn't affect the Commandments at all, and also the physical bodies certainly didn't reform in Purgatory, so it doesn't even debunk the pseudo-point I made.

Secondly, they didn't even reform, he got a new one in the same dimension, which is Type 6.

Firstly, what I said in that part wasn't to do with criteria, it was just to express how far away from Type 9 this is. That didn't affect the Commandments at all, and also the physical bodies certainly didn't reform in Purgatory, so it doesn't even debunk the pseudo-point I made.

Secondly, they didn't even reform, he got a new one in the same dimension, which is Type 6.
But his true body is still in purgatory and his is able to take vessels and make an avatar with the commandments. So he at least needs avatar creation and limited type 9 immortality.

some spoilers came out and Zeldris is very cool
Apparently Percival doesn't need protection to live in the demon world, as he was abandoned there as a child (I think it says abandoned, I don't remember).

The six black knights will appear in this new chapter, but they are a little different.

And? The Commandments were in the same plane as DK's new body and consciousness.

He'd totally abandoned his old one, and couldn't get back.

He doesn't just leave a piece of himself that allows him to survive after he's destroyed in either realm.
I am terrible sorry to bring this argument up again but think about this as long as those commandments are there or if they are destroyed he will be fine unless they are erased his true body will be unaffected. He did create an avatar which was his Britannia form so he could qualify for limited type 9 immortality the commadments don’t really debunk anything they are just an extension of himself.

Back