• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Four Knights of the Apocalypse/Nanatsu no Taizai Main Discussion Thread

oh its out already, so it is weekly then... thought it would be monthly . Which would be better so nabaka dont need to be rushed into bad writing

I have low standards, so I'll probably be satisfied as long as the series gives me those lovely shots of just hands moving again.

I have low standards, so I'll probably be satisfied as long as the series gives me those lovely shots of just hands moving again.
NNT did have great choreography for fights, it's just that the emotional weight of the stories and characters were quite lackluster by the end

Plus the heroes were too strong and the villains were too weak and disappointing, OG Demon, Demon King, and Cath got stomped hard

Last edited:
I can agree with Chaos and the second battle with the Demon King, but I think the first one with him was good. Felt like that was the best point to the end the series there.

I can agree with Chaos and the second battle with the Demon King, but I think the first one with him was good. Felt like that was the best point to the end the series there.
First one was pretty bad because the Demon King got soloed pretty much by Ban and Meliodas, and he didn't really get to flex and kick ass, also his motivation is shit

Eh, for me at least, it felt cathartic. I felt like NNT completed our main cast well enough, just at the expense of the main antagonist.

Those gave me some of my favorite moments within the series:

Ban calling out to Meliodas
Escanoar's last farewell
Diane's Mother of Earth technique
King too many to count honestly
I just love whenever Gowther was on screen

Merlin and Elizabeth, never felt particularly strong about either of them so I never cared too much about their stuff.

Though I can definitely see where you're coming from with your greivances.

I just didn't really have a strong emotional connection with any of the characters and I don't really like the way NNT handles battles

NNT does mostly Team Battles and rarely gives anyone a 1v1 besides Escanor, which I am not a fan of, I love 1v1 battles where someone manages to get the win, NNT rarely does that, also a lot of the battles endings get undone and are kinda meaningless, like antagonists don't really get defeated and then are down for the count, which I find is a huge issue as it prevents characters from getting wins

Like Zeldris being beaten by Escanor didn't really matter at all as he instantly healed immediately after, and same with the Sins beating Chandler, just a lot of victories don't feel like actual victories, but it is interesting to know that you really enjoyed the ending, I know very few people who do

For me, endings are less about their results and more about how the characters react to and handle them. So if I care about the characters and I like their reactions, everything else around it will just enhance it for me.
Also just read the first chapter of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and I like it a lot.
Has a stronger hook than NNT and choreography still looks good as ever.

Hope Percival grows up with a time skip, because I really hope we don't have to see that childish design through the series.

This IS the timeskip, 16 years after NNT's ending i guess and since sequels don't get timeskips (they're usually shorter than the main series) we're stuck with a bootleg Meliodas which I am also not a fan of.

If you pay attention in the last page on the glass window Arthur got his arm back and Nanashi got his wings back.

wait,,how old are tristan and lance? cuz one lance got lost there was a time skip for that also
edit- did a re-read it only said a few years later.. so pecivel might be the youngest

I honestly think that the characters becoming that strong made sense. The majority of the series was literally the characters getting over their past, and becoming "themselves", and they got stronger from there. Their potential couldn't have been realized until they became "themselves", and we already knew their potential beforehand was ******* crazy lmao.

The Demon King lacked the motive and power to be honest. It started out great when he took over Mel's body and flicked away the most powerful characters at that moment but it was short lived. The final battle was a disaster, just horrible. But yeah from a writing standpoint ALL sins are well written and developed characters, Merlin being debatable cuz her motive is also pretty bad.

Merlin's reasoning for reviving Chaos was the dumbest thing I have ever read

She wanted to revive them because Meliodas didn't love her back... And her being in love with Meliodas is kinda lame, I mean it kinda came out of nowhere if you don't count the Q&A where Nakaba totally spoiled she loved him

Last edited:
Yeah let's not forget the Supreme Deity just got forgotten, I mean she directly/indirectly affected the plot in so many ways:

*Cursed her daughter
*Ordered the execution of demon families
*Help destroy Merlin's home city
*Gave some knowledge and power to the druids
*Created the Sunshine grace
Etc.

Yet in the actual real time plot she did nothing. I know she's sealed and there isn't a vessel strong enough to contain her (except maybe her daughter) but it just seems odd, one of the most important and powerful characters in NNT, didn't make an actual appearance outside a couple of flashbacks.

That's actually one of the things I'm looking forward to in the sequel.
While I'm perfectly fine leaving her out of the series and more just as a figure in history, she seems like the type of character that can make moves especially when her other half (Demon King) has been usurped.

If the SD does return, I'll believe it'll be connected Gawain when he gets the Sunshine grace.

And yeah Merlin being in "love" with Mel was just no...

"Cursed her daughter"

If you remember, Nakaba retconned that, apparently the Demon King cursed Elizabeth

pretty sure SD will play a big part in the new series cuz the goddess bodies are just destroyed , their not dead tho

also , i wonder if the new movie is before or after the kids are born cuz its stated its after the final events of the season so it fits the timeline

also , i wonder if the new movie is before or after the kids are born cuz its stated its after the final events of the season so it fits the timeline
It's before I think. I heard some of the focus is on Mel and Zel building a new relationship and King and Diane's wedding. It's canon too, Nakaba drew all the storyboarding scenes, it's basically just a bunch of stuff he didn't get to fit into the ending of the main manga.

Huh so the sequel is out now. Might take a look once there are more chapters so I could see how it is compared to Nanatsu no Taizai at its beginning.

It's a good thing that Perc isn't crazy strong like Meliodas was. We get to see him train and unlock his powers throughout the series, unlike Meliodas who never trained for anything and was always one of the strongest.

Nakaba said he was planning to draw something about the SD and that she didn't appear because she had no buisness with the sins. Whether she will appear in the sequel or in a bonus chapter is unknown.

Actually the best episode so far, the buildup to the big reveal was good and the animation was proper during the fight scenes. Although nothing they can do can make me change by opinion on the anime since they've ruined so many great moments with the animation.

i agree the animation has gotten better but last season left a bad taste . hopefully the new series helps that

Back