• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Four Knights of the Apocalypse/Nanatsu no Taizai Main Discussion Thread

New 4KOA chapter states a weapon enchanted by magic increases it's power by 3 times and if enchanted by "destroyer" type of magic it's a 10 times boost. This probably upgrades NNT by a big margin if anyone cares enough for it.

New 4KOA chapter states a weapon enchanted by magic increases it's power by 3 times and if enchanted by "destroyer" type of magic it's a 10 times boost. This probably upgrades NNT by a big margin if anyone cares enough for it.
I mean it depends, does it multiply the power of the user by 3? Or just the power of the weapon?

You would now need to go into every fight and find the scaling and inconsistencies of the characters with and without weapons

I certainly won't

I mean it depends, does it multiply the power of the user by 3? Or just the power of the weapon?

You would now need to go into every fight and find the scaling and inconsistencies of the characters with and without weapons

I certainly won't
Obviously the power of the weapon. But if an enchanted weapon damaged someone and that someone powered up and that same weapon can't damage him anymore that would mean the someone powered up more than 3 times.
There's no way I'm going over the entire manga for this.

And the new NNT movie was horrible.
While I appreciate the demon bro interactions, the film just made me depressed again after it reminded me (Again...) of the ungodly wasted potential of NNT; From the animation quality drop in the S3 anime, the retcons in the manga, character bloat/bias and the rest (We all know the old song and dance by now) I can't remember the last time a franchise plummeted so drastically in quality that I legit dropped it for several months and now I barely have any meaningful attachments to it anymore (Instead of being legitimately enthusiastic whenever I hear NNT news).

At least its fitting that the Supreme Jobber should join the Jobber King in Jobbersdville lol!

EsCHAD was too good for this franchise smh.

While I appreciate the demon bro interactions, the film just made me depressed again after it reminded me (Again...) of the ungodly wasted potential of NNT; From the animation quality drop in the S3 anime, the retcons in the manga, character bloat/bias and the rest (We all know the old song and dance by now) I can't remember the last time a franchise plummeted so drastically in quality that I legit dropped it for several months and now I barely have any meaningful attachments to it anymore (Instead of being legitimately enthusiastic whenever I hear NNT news).

At least its fitting that the Supreme Jobber should join the Jobber King in Jobbersdville lol!

EsCHAD was too good for this franchise smh.
The story was way too rushed, everything started happening suddenly, the power scaling got ****** even further and the fights were so so bad. Let's not talk about SD making the Jobber King look like a menacing villain and the disappointing fight that defeated her. That being said there were a lot of scenes cut which would've made the movie go from bad to okay.

There was supposedly information such as how Dubz and the other guy were affected by Cheat Hope, the master craftsman creating the sins' STs, mel apparently gave Zel's sword to Zel after he killed a goddess since the sword could regenerate, Merlin used Infinity on Mel and Zel in the final fight and Arthur defeating the giant/fairy army using his Chaos powers.

A clear showing of the failure of the story is how Nakaba just either forgot or totally retconned who gave Meliodas' and Elizabeth's Curses

It such a failure of story structure

hmm then alot of scared treasures should buff them but meh idc anymore.. the only thing i need now is that the graces are literally via a pure statement. everything else i told yall was true so far

yo yall think the new movie gave us more feats for space destroying via raw power? we only saw estarossa do it and now zeldris(could possibly be the weapon he had)

yo yall think the new movie gave us more feats for space destroying via raw power? we only saw estarossa do it and now zeldris(could possibly be the weapon he had)
You're really asking the most random (and irrelevant) feats it's crazy

Meliodas in assualt mode when fight with Escarno can be high 6C with echanted magic in his sword could power by 10

Here are examples of destruction magic enhanched weapons in the original series:

Gil and zara: both can imbue their swords with their magic
Hendi: can imbue his sword with hellblaze
Meliodas: same as hendi
Gilla, howzer and dreyfus: same as gill

Now it just needs to be consistent

We don't get anything on so-called destroyer magic, but I don't think this matters even if it (as in magical amps, not the destroyer magic) applied to the OG series. We already treat even non-magical blades that aren't amped as being many times stronger than the normal statistics of characters.

We don't get anything on so-called destroyer magic, but I don't think this matters even if it (as in magical amps, not the destroyer magic) applied to the OG series. We already treat even non-magical blades that aren't amped as being many times stronger than the normal statistics of characters.
Destruction magic:magic being exerted with destructive capabilites in the form of natural elements or non natural darkness

Where's that part stated?

Makes very, very little sense, too, given Hellblaze's performance on Drole and Meliodas himself in chapter 81.

It was released as extra info for the sequel, i think the explanation of all magic types was posted somewhere in this thread.

I just saw it.

Like I said, though, this is very inconsistent.

Keep in mind, Gilthunder's lightning exactly matches the description, yet both his lightning-amps and normal blows can harm Meliodas.

It's a bad precedent to set for every single character. We should go case-by-case here. After all, Nabaka is known for retcons.

When has Gilthunder armed Meliodas without an amp?
Not that it matters, that would mean both attacks are powerful enough to harm X character the latter being more deadly.

Are you not listening? Lightning amps don't change the balance of power between Meliodas and Gilthunder here. That's the point I'm making.

I think you're misunderstanding something. The amp makes the WEAPON more powerful and not the actual user.

It says the destructive power of the weapon is amplified 10-fold (i.e they can cut through stuff they couldn't before), and yet there's absolutely no destructive increase here.

What's even the point of this discussion if that's your logic here? It's now completely unusable for scaling up these characters double, several or ten times. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Honestly i do not know what to say , the multiplier is stated but it breaks the scaling in every instance it could be apllied

Yeah, like introducing completely new knowledge about Magic in 4KOA that flat out didn't exist in NNT
tbh we can easily tell whos using what tho. But imo we shouldnt use this for NNT but only for FKOA.. then if we can gotta scale that tier to NNT sure.. but dont apply the new multiplers to NNT

Seems fine.

Speaking of which, how do the Four Horsemen characters stack up to NNT characters?

Keeping the multiplier only for four knights is better like i tried, and incorporating the 10× thing in nanatsu lowkey breaks the scale

so we agree? only FKOA gets the multipliers.. as for asuras question um they only reach holy knight lvl if thats what ur asking

Seems fine.

Speaking of which, how do the Four Horsemen characters stack up to NNT characters?
No idea yet, only crossover character is Howzer, who is likely way stronger than he was in NNT

Adult Howzer was stronger than Percival, so that’s the only point of comparison to the OG series we have

Back