• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

First Flame's Tier?

What's the tier of the First Flame (from Dark Souls)? Since it caused time distortion (day in one area, night in the one right next to it) and alternate universes/timelines that sometimes overlap (each Chosen Undead havig their own "world") on at least a country-wide scale in each game (Lordran in 1, Drangleic in 2, Lothric in 3), I'd say it should be at least Small Country Level. What do you guys all think?

WeeklyBattles said:
iirc TheEverlasting said something about it being Star level...
Isn't that a bit up in the air? I recall someone responding to that by saying that we don't know if it's an actual star or just a visualization of the First Flame/the First Flame's current state. I personally don't think the sun in Dark Souls is an actual sun. It's connected to the First Flame, and as the First Flame dies, it turns into a Darksign, which is nothing like how an actual star behaves. If it was entirely analogous to our sun, it would either become a red giant star and possibly start pulsing (representing it shedding some of its mass out into soace, the entire sky in Dark Souls 3 would become yellow-ish to represent being in the midst of a stellar nebula, or the Dark Souls sun would become a white dwarf star.

@Sheev

Why shouldn't it be like a real sun? I mean, unless you have a reason to, it is generally assumed that stars in fiction = stars irl.

And the case with the Darksign is more like the First Flame being able to warp a star with magic. It is like saying that, since a character affected a whole planet with magic, the feat isn't planet/continent-level because that's not how it'd work irl.

The First Flame was dying and thus the sun looked like a Darksign. Once it fully dies, all light in the world disappears and the sun is extinguished.

EliminatorVenom said:
@Sheev

Why shouldn't it be like a real sun? I mean, unless you have a reason to, it is generally assumed that stars in fiction = stars irl.

And the case with the Darksign is more like the First Flame being able to warp a star with magic. It is like saying that, since a character affected a whole planet with magic, the feat isn't planet/continent-level because that's not how it'd work irl.
Fair enough. I concede

Back