• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire vs Water: Natsu Dragneel vs Percy Jackson

2017-11-08-14-35-32
Conditions

+ Speed is equalized

+ both are serious and in character

+ battle takes place in a major city at the coast,

+ High 6-C versions (Percy gets Curse of Achilles) and since there is water nearby its Seven Flames Dragon Mode Natsu

Who wins and why ?

Natsu Dragneel: 2 (RinkakuKagune, Captain Torch)

Percy Jackso: 8 (Theglassman12, ZeedMillenniummon89, SchroKatze, Delta3000, KinkiestSins, Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan, KuuIchigo, Knightofannihilation666)

Inconclusive: 0

Percy Jackson should take this due to his resistance to volcanic level heat and invulnerability with the curse of achilles.

Percy has the advantage here. Heat resistance, Invulnerability and Celestial Bronze.

Natsu isn't human, he is a demon/dragon, so I think that Riptide can cause serious problems here.

I'll go with Percy because even though Natsu has lightning Percy has dealt with lightning before and Natsu will go down quickly if he is submerged.

What stops Natsu from vaporising his water? He already vaporised a lake.

Also, Natsu can one shot easily as he is high 6-C against a 6-C. Did people watch the profiles when they voted?

Percy is 6-C at base. He his higher with the curse and when submerged in water. They fight near the coast, so there is more then enough water, which also can eventually put his fire down. And even without water - Percy has shown to be able to tank vulcanic level heat.

Tanking volcanic lvl heat is one thing, tanking an attack by a person who is much stronger than you is another. Also, Natsu has huge resistance on fire as well yet his own flames were so powerful he burned himself.(base Natsu)

Don't see how water is gonna help against a person who easily vaporises sand and has vaporised water before.

Also, for reference that volcanic eruption is 24 megatons (low city lvl AP).

Whilst I'm in no way a physics expert, I'm fairly sure being able to vaporise solid stone and sand puts the bar for heat at being significantly higher than volcanic level heats. And even then, there's a fair discrepancy between their tiers 6c to high 6c.

Percy with water and the curse should be the same level as Natsu, but if the difference is to high, we can change the version.

I am sure Percys resistance is higher with the curse and when submerged in water. Percys "tornado" by the way was able to put out the fire of the titan of light.

And: celestial bronze can negate dura (its in annabeths profile) and since Natsu is partially demon it will do quite some damage.

@William

This is Percy with the Curse of Achilles. He's invulnerable except for his one weak spot on his back opposite his navel.

1) Eh? There's no mention of durability negation anywhere?

2) Natsu is a human/demon hybrid but in-verse he doesn't show any of the same weaknesses that demons in his verse suffer at all. Case and point during his fight with Sting who uses holy elemental magic (specifically shown in the final arc that holy magic is detrimental to demons in Levy & Gajeel vs Bradman) Natsu it doesn't show any unusual effects on Natsu.

But disclaimer, i may be wrong it wasn't ever truly explored, it may be a weakness of END Natsu since he's completely reliant on demonic power at that point but I'm not sure

Natsu is no longer a demon so that is irrelevant as the demon seed is destroyed and so is the book of end and Zeref is death himself.

@Repp Natsu's flames will hit his entire body (example fight with Acnologia and Zeref)which means his navel will get hit as well. And his navel is as a side affect particularly vulnerable.

@William

I said opposite his navel, as in on his back.

Though, I will admit that sufficiently powerful fire (i.e. the divine flames of the hearth wielded by Hestia) ca harm those with the Curse of Achilles, as can electrocution.

Natsu currently beats the crap out of Percy, using current tiers (6-C for both w/o curse is the fairest imo). He's not gonna kill him though, due to the curse. Natsu will not find out about Percy's weakness, and can't use a sword or anything of the sort to exploit it. The opposite is true too, but without the one weakpoint.

Percy's only chance is to drown him. Or like, throw Riptide down his throat or whatever.

Just about celestial bronze: The metal is deadly to creatures of the magical world. The metal is able to disperse monsters into dust once a weapon made of celestial bronze passes through them. The monsters essence is then transfered into Tartarus. But if you say that Natsu is no longer partially demon or dragon it wont have have those effects on him.

The real cal howard said:
Hmm... If Percy has access to everything in his profile, then this remains fair.
If the argument will be Natsu can't hurt him cause "invulnerable". I don't think it's fair or at least has no sense.

Hmmm I'd suggest using the timed version of FDKM for Natsu to even things out. 1 it's timed and 2 it's a little bit above baseline high 6-C, but my question is where does Percy fall on the 6-C scale? If he's at the high or highest end of 6-C then he'll be able to damage Natsu and Natsu won't one shot ( He'll still have the AP and Durability advantage tho.) Anyhow I'll have to do my research on this until i vote.

It really doesn't change a lot it's a little weaker than this high 6-C form but it's still around mid high 6-C.

William, I've literally seen you claim that FDKM Natsu is baseline to near baseline 6-C. Where are you getting the mid tier high 6-C from?

How long Natsu's powered up forms last, whith the exception of igneel mode, is governed by the amount of stamina Natsu has. So giving Natsu limitless time in these forms would be giving him limitless stamina, which is a bit unfair.

@Knight Okay wait confused again. Natsu should be close to high end of high 7-A, but that would still mean he gets easily beaten (one shot)as this guys is around mid end 6-C.

Also no @delta his forms would simply last longer than with time limit, but still less than what Natsu can last in his base as his forms drains him faster.

Honestly with the curse, I doubt natsu can damage percy. He one shotted a physical form of hades and fought a titan.

I still would vote percy against High 6-C natsu. He wont get hurt for the most part and he is a better fighter then Natsu is.

I mean, just look at his feats.

I say Percy via experience and if the OP allows it, petrification hax with mid high diff.

Back