• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Dragon Slayer VS The Slayer King (Natsu Dragneel VS Ungrim Ironfist)

Ungrims fire is the conceptual embodiment of fire across the universe, Natsu's beta fire doesn't stand a chance. Yeah jk idk anything about fairytail.

Natsu is going to be better at using his powers as Ungrims just merely respond to his emotions however Ungrims resistances are kinda stupid.

Huh...never realized how thematic these two are to each other....pretty cool fight actually

Ungrim should also naturally grow stronger because of Natsu's fire as he grows in power the more he delves into fiery passions and the more fire that is around, not to mention he also potentially one-shots already, considering his reactive power level makes it so that is always equal to a stronger opponent;s durability and then coupled with the Rune of Smiting means every axe swing he throws out does anywhere from base to up to 6x the damage, meaning every hit is going to be really really bad news if not outright fatal.

It only gets worse if Natsu's dragon mode actually is draconic in nature, as he does up to 3x more damage to draconic enemies. His fires should also be able to damage Natsu, as a Daemon Slayer his attacks ignore resistances both natural or magical (Natsu can still eat them obviously but he won't be able to shrug them off if they connect). There's also a chance that if he goes for melee that his melee attacks will just be reflected right back at him. Natsu has the versatility by a mile but nothing that Ungrim hasn't seen before and his own arsenal while simpler is WAY more straight forward and potent.

I don't think it's spite, as theoretically they are well matched, same with thematics, I think this was just made because Fairy Tale JUST got that big upgrade of theirs.

I also don't think this is a stomp either, as Ungrim's durability will still lag behind until his own buffs start to catch him up, so Natsu will still be 3.5x stronger than Ungrim's durability, plus he has higher LS than Ungrim in this key, so he CAN beat Ungrim and has wincons it's just Ungrim's own wincons are faaar more likely and effective.

I don't think it's spite, as theoretically they are well matched, same with thematics, I think this was just made because Fairy Tale JUST got that big upgrade of theirs.

I also don't think this is a stomp either, as Ungrim's durability will still lag behind until his own buffs start to catch him up, so Natsu will still be 3.5x stronger than Ungrim's durability, plus he has higher LS than Ungrim in this key, so he CAN beat Ungrim and has wincons it's just Ungrim's own wincons are faaar more likely and effective.
They aren't well matched at all, Ungrim can basically 2 shot Natsu vis his 6x ap buff. All of Natsu's fire attacks can't do any damage given he resists them, and warhammer fantasy characters are vastly more skilled. Natsu can't do anything here

They aren't well matched at all, Ungrim can basically 2 shot Natsu vis his 6x ap buff. All of Natsu's fire attacks can't do any damage given he resists them, and warhammer fantasy characters are vastly more skilled. Natsu can't do anything here
That's why I said theoretically well matched, and Natsu still has the full 3.5x ap advantage vs Ungrim's durability, has a MUCH higher LS so incap via grappling is a possibility, and Ungrim's 6x ap buff isn't a guarantee, it's UP TO x6, but it can be anywhere from regular base damage ( in this case equal to Natsu's durability) to 2x, 3x 4x etc etc with max being 6x damage. So they are both fully capable of harming the other, they HAVE the wincons, it's just Ungrim takes it decisively.

This is a stomp. Ungrim is heavily resistant to fire hax and ee/matter manipulation.
I wouldn't say it's a stomp, he can still take physical damage as he's much less durable than Natsu and Natsu has significantly higher LS, so he HAS wincons, it's just INCREDIBLY decisive, like 9/10 in favour of Ungrim.

Back