• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 2: Hogwarts, but cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your unit color is red, you're better off dead.

...Unless you're recruitable, then I'll waste literially every resource I can to get close enough to talk. Looking at you, Joshua.

For the best, there's 4 paths in this game and they're all pretty long for people playing casually, so you might still be spoiling for people who haven't even gotten the chance to switch routes.

Actual goal, look for the best way to grind for exp. How to do that, Route everyone, and do the primary objective last. Also, grab every chest and visit every town before the goal as well; even if routing is the main objective.

You forgot recruiting enemy units, if possible. Never kill characters you can recruit.

Even if you never use them, the more happy endings in your credits the better.

Yeah, never kill recruits either. And also make sure to keep as many NPC/Green units alive as possible.

Is there not any profiles for 3H yet? I was looking at the fe pages (looking for the country feat, I wanted to calc Grima's KE for fun and noticed he was already country bsting) but 3H has zero pages. Is there a discussion regarding the pages? Because I can definitely help, I've put like 130H into the game, still trying to get most of the supports.

3H has only been out for a month, and we're collecting feats at the moment. So far, it was mentioned above they can cast meteor; make makes Town level reasonable to scale to all the Mid Tiers. However, some of the story feats such as creating a fog or splitting the clouds could get good results. They can also dodge Bolting, which is Massively Hypersonic. Someone spoiled the game basically making High 6-A End Game bosses legit. Though, I'll get to more in depth details about Sothis eventually, it appears she might have a better feat, but no one but her primal self would probably be higher than Tier 6.

I'm aware, I've actually been keeping tracks if feats myself. I like calcing as a hobby,and I'm usually interested in how strong verses are, meaning I make a note of anything interesting. But isn't a month enough time? I was actually kinda surprised. This next part may be a bit spoilers so warning I guess.

Yeah sothis is definitely at least that, although if we count FEH it's implied to be low 2-C, maybe 2-C, the latter is extremely debatable though and I doubt it'd be accepted, to much assumptions. Don't know if we count feh as canon, or at least canon to the multiverse and outrealms at least. High 6-A, if not 5-B for canon though. I may throw some calcs together actually later, I can think of at least one feat that can scale to the cast that's higher than town.

I mean,

Spoilers
Sothis was implied to give birth to time even in 3H, but it's also implied she grew weaker over time and reverted to the level of Nemesis and Seiros due to her wanting to live among the people. So Sothis could be like Low 2-C at her primal self, and then weakened state is High 6-A.
FE Heroes is a spin off and basically an extended multiverse, but a bunch of the characters aren't the same as their original main game counterparts. FEH has like an Infinite number of timelines with different timelines having their own versions of Marth, Ike, Roy, Lucina, ect. But the Alfador is probably going to be 2-A via being the "Creator of everything".

Ok so basically exactly what I was thinking, we're on the same page at least.

Don't know how to spoilers, sorry but...

sothis implies in feh that she did multiple. She asks the avatar if this world is one of her creations, then says ignore what she said and don't worry about it. My issue with that is that litterally no idea if it was separate or not but the fact she even had to ask herself means she did more than one, if it was at once or on different occasions the main issue. That's the difference between low and straight up.

Tempest, some debatable lines about how much power Hel gets, and now Alfador are slowly making Heroes look a lot more threatening than we give it credit for. How much we can give to our main heroes, I'm not sure yet, but it's probably worth it's own thread to look into redoing/upgrading that section of the verse.

I keep hearing about higher level feats for Three Houses, especially the cloud parting, but I can't find them and no one links screenshots or video of them. Am I just on the wrong route? I'm nervous to keep asking because I'm afraid I'm going to get spoiled for something I haven't seen yet...But on the other hand I REALLY want to get some 3H profiles on the wiki cause I'm loving the game.

There was crater making and cloud splitting feats mentioned above, but I'm also curious and looking for scans. But this statement is a good start. And yeah, I too am really loving the game as well.

Okay, glad I'm not the only one having trouble finding some of these feats...I thought maybe I'd missed something obvious.

I think my favorite part about that statement is just how non-committal Claude is. "Eeeeeeh, maybe it cuts mountains in half, maybe it doesn't, who cares?"

Relics vs non-relcis are totally going to ruin a Shamir VS Catherine fight, and that's a shame...

Yeah, our wiki tends to mess up in verse battle victory conditions. There's plenty of things in which two or more characters are supposed to be each others equal in canon, but they got some hax ability due to specific unit's special ability and now what's intended to become sibling rivalry becomes a laughable stomp. It's even weirder if the underdog character is the one who actually has the most broken hax compared to the strongest characters being guys who "Oneshot everyone with a big sword/lance/axe".

For example simply eyeballing profiles and indexing the abilities makes Henry appear as the most OP character in awakening. Since he he can just use Time hax, or transmutation, or a bunch of curses; and even the likes of Chrom, Robin, or Walhart are toast. It's funny when some random side characters could kick the main lords and final bosses asses, or best foes that would appear out of the verse's leagues from a glance.

I meant it more along the lines of how we look at AP. Shamir only uses traditional weaponry, and I don't think she even has a Crest. Meanwhile Catherine's rocking Thunderbane.

The two are partners and 'equals', but if Thunderbane is a rival to other Relics, Shamir doesn't stand an AP chance since she only uses normal weaponry, odds are she's not getting past Town Level by being comparable to Meteor while Catherine's taking the lead based on however we end up scaling relics.

But...yeah, actually, one-off powers do sometimes entirely turn the tide. Though, I suppose the counter to that and what LOOKS like an easy win is how situational, in-character, and applicable they are. In your example, just eyeballing it Henry really DOES look broke as can be. But Awakening also has their own explanation for a lot of those powers:

Curses are usually non-combat applicable, at least the actually haxy good ones. If we double check a lot of those supports where those gags involving curses come from, we'll find a few of them just aren't usable without prep thanks to rituals needing done or a certain item being necessary. It's a problem I remember someone else pointing out with the wiki, we don't always point out context or combat applicability (and sometimes people do it accidentally, or sometimes maliciously to make characters they like look as good as possible), with full context and the normal unpredictability of battle a lot of what makes someone like Henry LOOK super broke might vanish once prep is off the table.

...Weird derail, not what I thought I'd be talking about.

theres a bunch of good feats in three houses, but the people who looked at the leaks and spoilers took them too far, probably hype. tier 6 (wouldnt say at the peak of the tier) for end game is a given. possible tier 5 for sothis.

Yeah, leave it to Mik to ruin the fun by spoiling the ending the same day the game came out And I'm still taking my time and I'm at the point where I make my choice between Edelgard and Rhea. Made two save files to go through both.

I rechecked the crater feat. It was smaller than I thought. It's still 8-A I think but if I don't use vaporization it aint gonna be that impressive. I would use vaporization because of how it was destroyed the issue with that is you can see debree get flung in the initial blast, so maybe as a high end only? Because that feat scales to Rhea and Byleth scales to Rhea and the other high end relics backscale from Byleth.

On another note. Grima has 5 differ sizes that can be used.

The skull overlooking the plageal castle.

Lucina compared to his eye.

Grima compared to the ylisse castle.

Grima compared to the tower.

Grima in batltle.

Grima on the overworld map.

with varying results and I'm not sure whats best because his size changes upon consumption and he ate a lot after coming back.

On the subject of Crest vs Non-Crest, would Crest users even scale to the power of their Crests? Since it's explicitly a power boost?

>crest users.

I got super confused for a moment there, I had to double take that we aint talking about jojo.

Uncertain, some may like Byleth and uh spoilers. But for most of em? I'd take it as statistics amplification, doesnt really change much, only the way those units can hit that power category in lore.

At the very least, we know that 90% of the cast have way higher ap then durability. I would explain why but hat's a tad spoilery. So unless someone asks, dont wanna spoil.

Yeah, I feel 3H has a ton of feats. I have been thinking of scaling as well.

God Tiers: Prime Sothis

Top Tiers: Rhea, Sothis fused Byleth, Nemesis, Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Weakened Sothis.

Stronger than normal units: Seteth, The Immovable, The Beast Saint, Maybe Flayn, Catherine, Cyril and Shamir, Jeralt, TWSITD, Strong Boss Monsters.

I agree with that, although we got a bit of a scaling issue between Rhea and everyone else. Other than AP, in which Byleth is higher in and probably a few of the other higher end relics too.

Edel also needs 3 keys due to the shit that happens in blue lions story.

A few of the students are also stronger than others, Lysithea, Hubert and Dudue are in the higher end of the cast.

I was also thinking that Cyril could possibly higher up due to being one of Rhea's right hands in Edelgard's route.

@Grima's kind of a shape shifter is one of the main things. But his skeleton was already established be Large Country sized since his Skull dwarfs the size of Plegia Castle, his Tail is on the Eastern side of Ferox, and his ribs just about cover a lot of land in between.

And Dragon Master's list is also right about the tierings. But someone should perhaps request calculations for the cloud splitting or mountain splitting feats.

Maybe, but it's hard to say how strong he is exactly. I'd guesstimate he's around Shamir though eog, probably higher. But Shamir is on the lower end of the stronger units. I'd put the units mentioned above higher.

The issue then comes in with being a rival to catherine, but that doesn't exactly mean AP as Catherine's durability lower than her ap, Shamir doesnt need the same ap to harm catherine. Plus Shamir is likely more skilled then Catherine and is much better at assasinations and black ops. I dont think anyone actually said it was comparable in combat that made em rivals.

But cyril being essentially a boss unit should in theory make him comparable to the other boss-esque units of that respective chapter across the paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back