• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 2: Hogwarts, but cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned this earlier, but I love how I have just now recruited every student possible into my class, yet no one comments on this fact. Are you telling me that no one has noticed that most of their obviously colorful students have mysteriously wandered into that new professor's class? I N C O N S P I C U O U S

I did say that that doesn't sound suspicious at all; I mean, who wouldn't want to be in the your class if you're the guy who offers everyone tea.

I bet Hanneman is at least a little upset about losing some students but Manuela probably doesn't care. She's happy that you're making her work load easier.

You're the new professor though, no one wants to hurt your feelings, so they're just letting you make your class any way you want.

Plus you're the youngest and best looking teacher in the school. You also kind of kicked the combined might of the other two's asses on the first chapter.

I dunno, Hanneman might be some good competition. That mustache is a lady, lad, and dragon slayer all-in-one.

Seems Dorothea is now the most popular character, with Edelgard at 2nd now.

the most playable character is bound to keep changing as people go through other paths. most seem to have started with black eagles do to its leak.

I've noticed Black Eagle students do seem to be up at the top alot. It made me wonder if the statistics were only listing for my chosen path in the game or worldwide.

Yeah, Black Eagles do seem to be the most popular house.

Im one billion percent ouf of this until I get a switch.

I think we should. Three Houses has Bolganone and Meteor, we scale most of the other universes based on if they have it or not.

Unless something else of intrest comes up, I don't see why we shouldn't treat Three Houses as 7-C.

Considering we have the magic, Town makes sense as a starting point at least. Maybe I'm not far enough into the game to know, but I don't think I've seen the cloud splitting and craters yet? I'm curious to who we can and can't scale them to.

I've also been wondering how to handle relics and creststones in that case. They're the real focus and the source of the feats of power from what I've seen so far, so I don't know if we should treat them like seperate keys? Kinda like how Marth and Chrom are Town until they have Falchion at its unlocked potential? I'm spitballing for now though, I haven't even finished a route, let alone all of the routes, so I have no idea what info I'll find for how we should handle Three Houses.

Yeah, Bolganone was calculated at 8-A and Meteor was calculated at 7-C, so if both of those exist; I think 7-C for the main cast seems legit. But even better yet would be the cloud splitting feats getting a proper calculation. Someone could request it in the calculations request thread; just make sure to link the videos of the cloud splitting and crater feats.

Also, was it mentioned how Three Houses is also more LGBT friendly than previous games? First hint came from Dorothea.

Actually, the wiki said there are 3 male characters and 5 female characters you can develop same gender relationships with.

and 2/3 of the male characters aren't actually treated as relationships if what i've heard is correct, as they pull the "i'll be your most faithful ally" nonsense and byleth marries some rando village chick

****** baiters

And on the other hand, even female Byleth can have a relationship with Sothis. And speaking of which, Petra and Bernie had a great support conversation that sums up my feelings about vegetarians and vegans. Kind of like how the claim eating meat involves taking lives, plants are life to. So even herbivores are technically just as much "Killers" as carnivores are.

I've completed the Church Route, Edelguard Route, am in the middle of the Dimitri Route, and plan to do a Claude Route

This game is pretty awesome

I'm still not quite half way through the game, but getting close to Chapter 11, which is when I have the option to decide the route. Could make two save files to do both routes faster, though it would also mean I miss out on the New Game+ benefits. And yeah Three Houses is my new favorite game in the series simply because they found a way to make every single character excellent. And it's the first time Classic FE fans are actually okay with the option to disable permanent deaths.

People have always complained about that feature added in FE12 due to it taking out the main challenge, but Three Houses found a way to make every single character death so heart breaking, that it stands to reason that that Classic mode really isn't for the faint of heart. That being said, I still play on Classic Mode as I can always just reset the level if someone dies.

New Game+ is great, but when you have the route split save a file, and play the two separate routes, one of them is fairly short anyways, so the New Game+ thing ain't a huge deal

Yeah, shortening it is one benefit, and if I decide not to do the split, then I might as well do the other route last. Most people have done Black Eagles first, and it's usually a general consensus that those who do Rhea's route first should go through the true Edelgard's route last.

I've played all but Edelgard's route...which I refuse to do as I don't agree with Edelgard at all...

I'd rather see for myself on that matter. Plus she kicks about as much ass as a female Hector would, which is more than enough reason for my support. And I'm leaning toward's Edelgard's route being my first one. I'll do Rhea's either second or last depending on whether I decide to make 2 save files for the split.

Of course, but after seeing everything else and learning about the crests and relics...I find it hard to join Edelgard personally. Although I do sympathize with her.

Besides, Rhea's route is honestly the one no one faint of heart would ever want to join due to how dark and evil it truly is. But it's the execution of it is what makes every other route and especially Edelgard's more appreciated.

Don't want to bring spoilers, but it turns out she was hiding something the whole time. Plus her route involves all these tragic incidents left and right.

Use this.

Rhea Route Spoilers
What incidents? Most things are caused by Edelgard and Those who Slither in the Dark. She is hiding things, but in the Golden Deer route, you realize what it is and why. That route explains everything regarding Rhea and what the crests and relics are and why she is so attached to them. Her hiding things doesn't make her dark or evil.

Spoilers
Like the fact that Rhea wants you dead due to being the descendant of Nemesis, and that even Sothis thinks she's going to far. And something about her desire for world domination, when all Edalgard wanted was for her people to live in peace.

Rhea Route Spoilers
Are we talking about the same route? In none of the routes I have played has Rhea want you dead. Matter of fact she trusts you to take control and actively puts herself in harms way to protect you. Rhea doesn't care about world domination and any route I have played and not to mention that Rhea wants a peaceful world and the Church of Seiros is objectively one of the best places that accepts all.

Just play the Edelgard route, you'll find out how insane and morally gray Rhea can be, she'll kill innocent people to get to Byleth, and you find out that she's super hypocritical, not to mention in the first half, the Church has killed tons of people who disagree with their beliefs, and since the church is all about crests and nobles, that makes Edelgard pretty upset with how they left the world off, considering all the horrible sh*t crests and nobles have caused in her life, I consider both Rhea and Edelgard morally gray characters that from the stories point of view can be good or bad, which is what's great about this game, both Rhea and Edelgard have good reasons and justification for their actions, now while I do admit I haven't played every Route yet, so I may be missing something huge, but both characters can be evilish when driven down the wrong path

That's what I think makes this game so interesting

I have seen the Edelgard route, but said route also shows the worst of Rhea despite other routes not showing her like this. The Church doesn't just kill those who don't agree or follow their beliefs. The likes of Shamir and Cyril are proof of this. Neither follow the Church of Seiros, but Rhea grants them a home and treats them both kindly. This is directly noted in Cyril's supports. There is a comment discussing this that puts the whole Edelgard vs Rhea thing in a perspective much better than I can. I will post it after I eat dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back