• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 2: Hogwarts, but cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragonmasterxyz said:
btw if the Season Pass is anything to go by, there will be a 5th story released next year in April. I think we all can guess what they story will be.
i really dont know honestly. the routes dont hint at there being anything more than what they have shown.

wait... maybe.

@Pachi, alright, I will do so. And I nicknamed her "The Beginning" since that's here nickname. What that names means, we'll find out eventually.

Before I start my first play through I want some opinions. I plan to make Petra a thief/Assassin, but after that should her master class be Mortal Savant or Falcon Knight?

Class changes depend on which types of weapons you train them in.

Looks like there are only 34 playable characters; which is a small cast compared to other FE games, but what it lacks in quantity, it makes up for an quality.

So, I was actually going to get a switch soon, and I was thinking of getting Three Houses as my first game. Is it a okay title for a starter to the console?

I personally say it's a fabulous game. It's definitely high up their within the FE franchise which FE is my favorite game franchise. It's also very unique amongst other games in the series. I highly recommend it being a great game to start with. Though, I would also say the same thing for Breath of the Wild.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Looks like there are only 34 playable characters; which is a small cast compared to other FE games, but what it lacks in quantity, it makes up for an quality.
by a lot actually. this is the first time i enjoy a fire emblem so much, to the point that im actually eager to do all 4 routes, despite the fact that one took me 37 hours, and i still didnt do everything in that route.

I've personally really enjoyed every single entry in the series; some more than others for sure, but I love all FE games. But Three Houses indeed does take my love for the series up some notches. Awakening did revolutionize the franchise when that one was made, but Three Houses did it even further.

Yeah, every single character in Three Houses seems to be really well written. I'm still in the middle of Black Eagles as my house; and I especially love every single character there. There's Bernadetta's "Scared of everything" personality that keeps me laughing. There's Ferdinand's ego but gentlemanly tone. Dorothea being so nice to everyone except for him, and the list goes on. Edelgard is also basically a female Hector, but that's why I like her so much.

Caspar's personality is pretty fun as well. The fact that he's obviously the idiot and energetic protag trope, it doesn't get to the point where it hinders him as a character. Also, his voice actor did well with his delivery of certain lines. All the VA are really good tbh. Also, Petra = Best Waifu.

Yes, Caspar's another great character; though I've yet to use him on the battlefield; his support conversations did have some really great character. Linhardt is also another one of my favorites; he's really educated, but all he wants to do is get some sleep.

In my BE playthroughs Caspar was my main powerhouse. Make him a brawler and the dude will deal a crapton of damage even unarmed and will dodge and crit a lot. Dude is very fast. I am going through GD right now and I plan on recruiting him as fast as possible.

Yeah, the gauntlets are like some of the best weapons in the game; all the fighter type characters should use those instead of axes. And my main powerhouse is Edelgard with Byluck, Bernadetta and Petra being fairly close. Edelgard with Gauntlets always gets 4 strikes and a shitton of damage with each hit.

Petra being the girl whose badass but doesn't really get English is amazing. Just FYI, I haven't actually played the True Black Eagles route, just the Church route where you don't side with Axe waifu as I simply cannot get behind working for her or killing these other characters. At least when going against her in the Church route, the only characters that I care for that I kill are Edelgard and Dracul--I mean Hubert.

Yeah, Petra is amazing due to her massive speed; the only thing wrong with her is her shit durability. And she's another amazing character for sure. And I just got the Sword of the Creator, so I'm not all to far yet. I like to take my time with these times of games and I like side quests, faffing, and all the jazz. And there's also the full time job that gets in the way.

I love how no one ever mentions the fact that you are literally stealing their classmates/students from them when you recruit characters from other classes lol.

Yeah, I'm trying to keep discussions to stuff that happen in the beginning, the end game stuff shouldn't be discussed for a while. We also try not to spoil the details, but note the positive aspects of things to come.

Man, I just love the idea of this school. Like I said, each character gets a good amount of screentime, unlike previous games when they'd appear every now and then and reall only appear in support convos. Also, the support convos really got a good overhaul.

Im in love with rheas design for some reason. I also dig her for somethings that are kinda spoiler-like and i cant mention. Petra is so ******* adorable. Edelgard tho, my least favorite of the main houses.

Would you guys recommend this game to someone who only played Echoes, or is it a game that's fully appreciated by having played the former games in order to fully understand the changes it brought to the series (kinda BOTW style)?

This game overall is a great entry point. I highly recommend it. It's easily to understand and get into as well.

Yeah, it's different from any FE game, and the tutorials can help if you're new to FE. It's much easier to understand how to play in this game.

It stands really strong all on it's own, and it's still more than enough 'Fire Emblem' to be appriciated by long-time fans or as a way to get used to how Fire Emblem games work. If you're interested, I say you've got nothing to lose.

thaDarkDragonMedeus said:
Also, I found this
that post is most likely just bias in the point that most people love her the most... in terms of character. however, she is simply an awsome unit all around, too good not to be used, in in that she beats everyone. that with the fact that most people chose Black eagles, but dont chose edelgards route is something to conscider.

but who knows. i think she soundly gets beaten by some characters in a popularity poll. especially a certain purple head.

I know, the girl who's scared of everything is a great character. And besides, I really like Edelgard and was going to support her route as the first playthrough anyway. And yeah, she is hella OP.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I know, the girl who's scared of everything is a great character. And besides, I really like Edelgard and was going to support her route as the first playthrough anyway. And yeah, she is hella OP.
petra best girl.

fight me

I like Petra too as mentioned above, but I also really like Bernadetta and Edelgard. And actually, I consider Sothis to be the best girl.

I gotta agree, Sothis is great. I picked a dialouge that was negative support for her and genuinely felt bad that I had upset the girl in my head. She's too sweet, she doesn't deserve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back