• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 2: Hogwarts, but cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The High 6-A is from the Javilins of Light?

I wasn't paying nearly enough attention, and I don't have screencaps to check, but that seems extremely high from everything that I remember. Especially for just coutnering one at a time.

I could be entirely wrong about that, I've likely overlooked something, but I'd really like to see the calc when its posted, because that doesn't seem right from memory alone.

I think it was like, cloud piercing or something. Or I could just be wrong and it's a completely different feat I didn't notice.

That might explain it a bit more. The actual destruction from the Javilins certainly wasn't that impressive, but I always forget about cloud parting.

Cloud parting also never ceases to surprise me with how big the numbers get in those calcs. That would probably be where the feat comes from if it ends up being that high...

Actually, that was Hans/Mikoto who spoiled the detail. And not sure what feat as I was trying to avoid too many spoilers, but that sadly hasn't gone to well.

Spoilers
I think the feat came from Nemesis or Seiros and it was during their backstory. They basically said it was a feat in the similar vein to Ashunera. Perhaps a global flood of some sort or reshaping the Continents. Though, I think JustSomeWeirdo has info on that. The parts I was focused on would be Sothis at her prime. She was stated that her name means "The Beginning". And there was also a statement that the Goddess lived before time began and that she gave birth to the world "From the Chaos of Creation". Which looking at various Greek Mythology profiles and the Golden Goddesses, that qualifies for Low 2-C.

Sothis heavily implies (if not straight up says, i forget) that the beginning on context is in relation to time, essentially she birthed time. That's why she has time manip.

I'm gonna say I don't have that much info outside of Golden Deer, as my left Joycon is broken and I am unable to continue playing at the moment (almost done with pre-timeskip Blue Lions)

Most of what Rhea says pre-timeskip isn't exactly true, but she also says that Sothis created the world

Yeah Rhea lies through her teeth. Sothis creating the world and time is confirmed by more reliable sources. Including Sothis herself.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I am just trying to figure out what High 6-A came from...
Honestly? How much you wanna bet it's something like someone misintepreting Sothis' creation feat to mean the continent (due to thinking that this game takes place on the same planet as other FE games, which it doesnt) and then scaling that to infinitely weaker characters thinking Sothis somehow didnt get a shit ton weaker over litterally all of time.

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Low 2-C Sothis sounds very legitimate the
Hell in FEH, while noncanon, Sothis confirms it again but also implied she made multiple worlds. Which is neat, while noncanon and not usable, it's kinda clear what IS intended.

Speaking of Rhea, I need to play GD again, but one thing I don't understand.

Truth of Seiros Spoilers
Why the hell did she make it seem like the obvious villains she despised seem like good heroes. Of course, she has a good reason from hiding so much, but it feels odd that she spent all this time making it seem as if the 10 Elites were the good guys when events show that they were the evil ones...Seems odd that she hid that bit of the truth. But, I may have forgotten something.

Im unfollowing for the moment until I can play the game

See ya.

Yeah, let's see what we get from the Javelin's of Light and Thunderstorm creation or the other stuff, then get to deciding our High-God Tiers Tier

Javenlins would be easy 8-A I think. If they craters had vaporization then way, way higher. But I doubt it, you can see fragments fly when the blast hits.

You could calc the explosion itself, due to effectively being what I can only call a straight up ICBM I don't think halving the explosion value is a thing you'd gotta do.

Then again it did make a huge ass fort vanish plus putting a crater in it's place, the fort would add a ton of mass to the feat.

I'm very bad at calcs, so I'll leave that in more capable hands for now.

But it is fun to have everything somewhat planned out in advance, knowing who scales to what so we can get profiles rolling for our favorite 3H characters ASAP.

Which, I'm sure everyone has favorites, 3H is being recieved really well and a lot of the reviews and posts I see about it can't stop talking about the characters first and foremost. Which, of course, is always good.

@DragonMaster

Spoilers
Yeah, that's basically what was I was trying to inform you, is that Rhea alongside her ancestors were actually liars. Comparing Edelgard and Rhea is similar to comparing Jarod to the senators from Radiant Dawn. As Micaiah put it, "Jarod was a fiend and a scoundrel, but at least he was honest. You senators are nothing but liars who blame innocents and victims for your own actions and string pullings". Not quite the same as Three houses they're basically Sympathetic villains with a benevolent motive, at least in Edelgard's case, but a method that would be consider outrageous.

@Medeus, You talking to Just? I think most in this conversation were aware of Rhea's faults.

I wouldn't even call anyone in Three Houses villains from the good side, just idiots or puppets to other, actual somewhat villainous characters.

DragonMaster earlier said he was unaware of Rhea's evil intentions despite playing every route besides the real Edelgard route. So I was talking to him in this particular case.

Rhea Spoilers
Your comparison doesn't exactly fit Rhea. She's lying, but she's lying for a somewhat good reason. The fact of the matter is that shockingly, Rhea's biggest sin is making the religion around Sothis. Rhea in actuality made things worse for her as in truth, Rhea blamed no one, not even the true villains in her texts. Like in all honestly, Rhea making up the religion is just to cover up that humans ****** up her people. Her mother Sothis was murdered in her sleep by Nemesis and the 10 Elites. Then said group proceeded to massacre her people with only Rhea and the 4 Saints surviving. Rhea defeats and kills Nemesis and the 10 Elites with the help of the 10 Elites, and then makes up these scriptures that lie about the events. Even though telling the truth of the events would only be beneficial to her. But there is the fact that she wanted to hide the truth about the Crests and Relics (Relics being the bones of her people while Crests are the blood and hearts of her people). Honestly, I feel more for Rhea and I find her the one I root for as in truth she went through a ton of shit similar to Edelgard. In Edelgard's case, she was experimented on and her siblings died. In Rhea's case, they were betrayed, her mother Sothis was killed in her sleep and her entire race minus her and 4 others survived. And two of them became a giant Tortoise and Gryphon respectively (just like how Rhea turns into a Dragon). To be blunt, TWSITD are the truly evil ones.
Also, what evil intentions did Rhea have. All the routes I've played and from what I got from researching Edelgard's, the only reason Rhea is more evil and crazy is due to you betraying her and thus she is no longer completely sane. Compare this to all the other routes. Also, I admitted that Rhea is not perfect, but she's by no means evil.

I am aware of Rhea's flaws, I never said she was perfect. But I also argued that her intentions were not evil and that if I had to choose between Edelgard or Rhea, I'd go with Rhea based on all the information I had, i.e all 3 routes and the research I did for Edelgard's route.

Thatsafloridathing said:
Playing through her route helps you understand her motivation more though
I perfectly understand her motivations and what her story is. She has a good reason, but her methods do not sit will with me and I sympathize much more with Rhea than Edelgard.

So can I just say that I love how Rhea just assumes that Byleth is a good teacher?

My personal headcanon is that Byleth in truth is a terrible teacher, but he's also that cool teacher that like brings in donuts every morning and lets everyone do **** all and so that's why everyone likes to join his class lol.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
So can we just say that I love how Rhea just assumes that Byleth is a good teacher.

My personal headcanon is that Byleth in truth is a terrible teacher, but he's also that cool teacher that like brings in donuts every morning and lets everyone do **** all and so that's why everyone likes to join his class lol.
Byleth probably isn't a very good teacher but his/her sheer hands on experience, general endearment to students, and c r e s t make them worth keeping probably. Among other things

Also, it could just me, but there are a lot of aspects of Three Houses that take inspiration from other series and alot of cliches. I see Code Geass pretty strongly in it, but that could just be me.

Byleth grew up on the battlefield. Their whole life has been spent as a mercenary. They're so emotionally stunted and feared that they're called the "Ashen Demon". And they had no prep before being thrown into this.

...Byleth has to be faking it to keep up appearances. They're just making the lessons up as they go along, giving the kids weapons, and hoping for the best.

XitSign said:
Byleth grew up on the battlefield. Their whole life has been spent as a mercenary. They're so emotionally stunted and feared that they're called the "Ashen Demon". And they had no prep before being thrown into this.

...Byleth has to be faking it to keep up appearances. They're just making the lessons up as they go along, giving the kids weapons, and hoping for the best.
Fair

Yes. Caspar is my main brawler no matter what route and he gets Healing Focus + Hits Hard + Is super fast + Gets Crits a lot.

There's so much I love about Brawl.

First of all, the animation of a character rushing up to an opponent, out in the middle of a battlefield, wearing what looks like BDSM gear if they're a male brawling class, and the character just throws hooks and flying kicks until the opponent stops moving.

Everything's a brave effect, who wants 4 attacks per turn on a SILVER WEAPON

Healing Focus just regends your HP by 50%...for no cost.

You can get DRAGON CLAWS that are used to PUNCH DRAGONS TO DEATH...HARDER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back