• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Finally, that great moment has arrived! Broly Toei 3-B :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
IS BROLY A CONSTELLATION OR A MULTI-GALAXY?

As many know, there is a very interesting occurrence in the 8th Dragon Ball Z movie, the fact is: Broly destroys the Southern Galaxy. Thanks to this quote many put the Legendary Super Saiyan as Galactic and made it WRONG!!! In the movie itself we see that Goku traveled to the Southern Galaxy and that they went to the Southern Galaxy to face the Legendary Super Saiyan, however it is said more than once that Broly destroyed that Galaxy and we also see it "fading out" "At the beginning of it, then it is understood that Broly destroyed that Galaxy enough to the point of leaving it in a state where we could consider it devastated, something like superficially destroyed and that would escalate him as a Constellation, correct? WRONG!!! For those who don't know the Universe of Dragon Ball is divided into 4 galactic sectors, they are: North Galaxy, East Galaxy, West Galaxy and the South Galaxy. These sectors are home to several galaxies such as the Milky Way, Andromeda and etc, that is, what Broly devastated was not just a Galaxy, but 1/4 of the Universe, that is, it would not fit in Constellation or Galactic , it would fit in Multi-Galaxies

Video of the deed;

Another quote from Goku about Broly destroying the Southern Galaxy:

Recent interview with director Shigeyasu Yamauchi was present. Known for his work on Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball Z, Mr. Yamauchi directed the cult film around Broly confirms that Broly can destroy entire galaxies.

interview link

https://www.manga-news.com/index.ph...AOTuRCu7Bh5kw38SVyGYx2Bhk5KUk3so9UHvDWxYQdSrT

Link to translation made by a fan:

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42231|Shigeyasu#p1509821

Said by Koyama who was one of the directors that Broly destroyed Galaxies

And here is the source:

If that's not enough, we can scale Brolly above everyone else in the anime, where he is mentioned by a director to be far superior to anyone in the Toei anime.

Note: all translation credits go to him, without him we wouldn't be updating.

agree= @God900 , @Chariot190, @Quasar002, @Maitreya, @Braking, @Jason_Courne, @Hasty12345, @Adem_Warlock69, @TheGreatBanana, @StekFence, @Shadyboi0, @Nullflowerblush, @pineappleman,@Jinsama, @godofice ,@Dalesean027,@1st_Virtue_of_Pure_Void,@Planck69,@DarkDragonMedeus (he agrees with 3-B using director quote), @Godernet,@y3p_owo ,@Tarang123, @Maverick_Zero_X, And me

Disagree=

Neutral=

Last edited:
That interview goes kinda hard tbh, but galaxies being plural doesn't really work for multi-galaxy, just due to how Japanese and basic linguistics work.

It's no different than saying freeza can destroy planets, plural doesn't inherently mean a bunch at once.
But it's evidence for 3-C, and if the south galaxy at the time is, in fact, multi galaxy in scale then probably just best to use that, straightforward.

That interview goes kinda hard tbh, but galaxies being plural doesn't really work for multi-galaxy, just due to how Japanese and basic linguistics work.

It's no different than saying freeza can destroy planets, plural doesn't inherently mean a bunch at once.
But it's evidence for 3-C, and if the south galaxy at the time is, in fact, multi galaxy in scale then probably just best to use that, straightforward.
Thank you for giving your opinion

This is a commonly brought up thread and the points in the OP have already been addressed numerous times, but long story short. Even though it says "South Galaxy" the Broly movie doesn't consistently elaborate or tackle that being the same as "South Galaxy/South Quadrant" used for Dragon Ball GT. The movie just has some random galaxy within the southern corner of the universe that happens to also be called "The South Galaxy". And we do visibly seem him destroy a galaxy in a relatively short timeframe. It also contradict the fact that South Kai still watches over residents in the South Quadrant as shown as implied in the Buu saga Anime filler and later in GT when South Kai was one of the people contacted by King Kai to ask people all over that quadrant to share energy with Goku. So I really only see this as essentially the same feat Kid Buu did at busting his galaxy, but not quite a 3-B feat.

Why you gotta do my boy Broly like that?
̶ ̶W̶e̶l̶l̶,̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶S̶S̶'̶s̶ ̶T̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶2̶ ̶r̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶g̶r̶a̶d̶e̶.̶ ̶
̶S̶o̶ ̶B̶r̶o̶l̶y̶ ̶V̶S̶ ̶S̶h̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶f̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶r̶e̶l̶y̶.̶ ̶

This is a commonly brought up thread and the points in the OP have already been addressed numerous times, but long story short. Even though it says "South Galaxy" the Broly movie doesn't consistently elaborate or tackle that being the same as "South Galaxy/South Quadrant" used for Dragon Ball GT. The movie just has some random galaxy within the southern corner of the universe that happens to also be called "The South Galaxy". And we do visibly seem him destroy a galaxy in a relatively short timeframe. It also contradict the fact that South Kai still watches over residents in the South Quadrant as shown as implied in the Buu saga Anime filler and later in GT when South Kai was one of the people contacted by King Kai to ask people all over that quadrant to share energy with Goku. So I really only see this as essentially the same feat Kid Buu did at busting his galaxy, but not quite a 3-B feat.
What about the director stating that Broly can destroy galaxies? Do you disagree?

̶ ̶W̶e̶l̶l̶,̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶S̶S̶'̶s̶ ̶T̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶2̶ ̶r̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶g̶r̶a̶d̶e̶.̶ ̶
̶S̶o̶ ̶B̶r̶o̶l̶y̶ ̶V̶S̶ ̶S̶h̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶f̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶r̶e̶l̶y̶.̶ ̶
Shaka could be 11-C and he’d still beat Broly

Why would South galaxy refer to anything but the south galaxy? [Which is the south quadrant of the universe] seems kinda dumb to assume that "South galaxy" refets to...anythimg beisdes it, can you prove without a shadow ot a doubt that the south galaxy doesn't refer to "South galaxy" but just some random galaxy?And the point about the anime filler....aren't the movies considered to be non canon to the anime? Or broly is one of those movies? Since i vividly remember that there was a thread about deviding movies and the anime, if I'm right, then using the anime to debunk the movie is a no go.

Btw, count me as an agreement. The "debunk" doesn't even make sense on any level, and literally relies on headcanon. And, if anime and moviws are seperate, then the "debunk" using the anime is totally unacceptable and invalid.

I mean, the movies canonicity to the z anime and gt is quite questionable sure, so this might just mean the broly movie isn’t canon to either z or Gt.

Not really? If broly destroys the southern quadrant, and his movie isn’t canon, then it has no bearing on the fact that southern galaxy still exists in the animes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back