• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Finally, that great moment has arrived! Broly Toei 3-B :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The South Area was intact in the movie. At King Kai's request, Goku travels to a ravaged planet in the South Area, following traces of Broly's energy. If I recall correctly, New Planet Vegeta is in the South Area, too.
We do visually see it destroyed, plus its stated.
So there is two solutions
1- Treat the location as a PIS
2-Or broly left some planets and stars un-destroyed. Which even if we assume he left a whole galaxy intact, wouldn't effect the results that much.

We do visually see it destroyed
We see a single galaxy gradually disappear.
plus its stated.
"The Southern Galaxy has fallen under Super Saiyan attack."
"He's already finished tearing up the Southern Galaxy..."
"He's the Super Saiyan that ran riots through the Southern Galaxy!"

The only one to ever state that the Southern Galaxy was definitively destroyed was Goku.

The narrator states that the Southern Galaxy was under attack and King Kai states that Broly tore the Southern Galaxy up. King Kai asked Goku to go into the Southern Galaxy. This is not PIS, this is just the Southern Galaxy not being destroyed.

Tbh, I'm not seeing why stray planets mean anything. It's a galaxy, there's billions of planets, a few leftover is like arguing a dude didn't blow up a building because there's some bricks leftover, and if the argument is that it's a whole quadrant, then there could be billions of galaxies as well.

"He's already finished tearing up the Southern Galaxy..."
The only one to ever state that the Southern Galaxy was definitively destroyed was Goku.
No, King Kai puts that fact in the air twice (first by saying that even the North Galaxy would be destroyed), and that quote there, where the exact wording said is literally めちゃめちゃに破壊, which in literality means "completely destroyed", you can literally even hear (timestamp 10:53) the word "hakai" in that scene which is complete destruction.

Goku himself got the idea that the South Galaxy was destroyed from King Kai in the first place, and a grand shown total of two stray planets being left behind is no contradiction to all these statements for it as noted above.

No, King Kai puts that fact in the air twice (first by saying that even the North Galaxy would be destroyed), and that quote there, where the exact wording said is literally めちゃめちゃに破壊, which in literality means "completely destroyed", you can literally even hear (timestamp 10:53) the word "hakai" in that scene which is complete destruction.

Goku himself got the idea that the South Galaxy was destroyed from King Kai in the first place, and a grand shown total of two stray planets being left behind is no contradiction to all these statements for it as noted above.
^
So...what other debunks are there?

Questioning canonicity would just be another factor that would make South Quadrant even more questionable.
Why would South galaxy refer to anything but the south galaxy? [Which is the south quadrant of the universe] seems kinda dumb to assume that "South galaxy" refets to...anythimg beisdes it, can you prove without a shadow ot a doubt that the south galaxy doesn't refer to "South galaxy" but just some random galaxy?And the point about the anime filler....aren't the movies considered to be non canon to the anime? Or broly is one of those movies? Since i vividly remember that there was a thread about deviding movies and the anime, if I'm right, then using the anime to debunk the movie is a no go.
Btw, count me as an agreement. The "debunk" doesn't even make sense on any level, and literally relies on headcanon. And, if anime and moviws are seperate, then the "debunk" using the anime is totally unacceptable and invalid.

@DarkDragonMedeus, Your point has been clarified, so can you give this thread a second chance, please?

This is a commonly brought up thread and the points in the OP have already been addressed numerous times, but long story short. Even though it says "South Galaxy" the Broly movie doesn't consistently elaborate or tackle that being the same as "South Galaxy/South Quadrant" used for Dragon Ball GT. The movie just has some random galaxy within the southern corner of the universe that happens to also be called "The South Galaxy". And we do visibly seem him destroy a galaxy in a relatively short timeframe. It also contradict the fact that South Kai still watches over residents in the South Quadrant as shown as implied in the Buu saga Anime filler and later in GT when South Kai was one of the people contacted by King Kai to ask people all over that quadrant to share energy with Goku. So I really only see this as essentially the same feat Kid Buu did at busting his galaxy, but not quite a 3-B feat.
Well I mean the guides state that NWES galaxy terms are just a denomination used by the gods (cough cough King Kai) to refer to a section of the universe so Broly being shown destroying a galaxy and making King Kai think he’ll come for the north at the rate of galaxies he’s destroying means that he’s probably destroying countless galaxies which is consistent with the fact that Goku comes to the South Quadrant (also did the wiki really consider the cosmology different just for the broly movie?)

Anyways agree with the thread

I was planning on making this eventually
Anyways

We have multiple statements from multiple people that Broly is a threat to the whole universe

Even if you want to say that there are only 4 Galaxies in this movie's entire universe then that's still wrong as it's contradicted in the first 20 seconds of the movie where we see a cosmic background full of other lights likely signifying Galaxies
4kRv0P2.png

Anyways

We have multiple statements from multiple people that Broly is a threat to the whole universe

Even if you want to say that there are only 4 Galaxies in this movie's entire universe then that's still wrong as it's contradicted in the first 20 seconds of the movie where we see a cosmic background full of other lights likely signifying Galaxies
4kRv0P2.png

Well I mean the guides state that NWES galaxy terms are just a denomination used by the gods (cough cough King Kai) to refer to a section of the universe so Broly being shown destroying a galaxy and making King Kai think he’ll come for the north at the rate of galaxies he’s destroying means that he’s probably destroying countless galaxies which is consistent with the fact that Goku comes to the South Quadrant (also did the wiki really consider the cosmology different just for the broly movie?)

Anyways agree with the thread
don’t worry I addressed the 4 “galaxies”

Anyways

4kRv0P2.png

Well, since you brought up this subject, I propose that this be reviewed by the team if they accept Broly being 3-A, since it showed several quotes of destroying the universe, I really don't mind discuss it here.

Between the above statements of threatening the universe and the director statements, I'm fine with 3-B Broly for now.
OP makes sense and the other reasons so I agree
That part is fine yes.
Well, we have three members who agreed with Brolly being straight 3-B, does that apply or does it have to wait a little longer?

The profile to be opened is this one, but I think there are other characters that can be scaled with this feat, but it can be cast in another CRT if someone prefers or make another CRT of Brolly being 3-A, but for for now that's it

Broly (Toei)

My only issue is why is the interview about Broly nuking galaxies in French? Anyways, everything else but the Broly being the strongest I'm pretty neutral on, I agree with the Broly being the strongest statements.

And that's what we call full of shit.

That would be like saying Goku, Gohan and Goten could overpower SSJ4 Goku, who's 10x as powerful as the previous SSJ4 Goku, who's a few thousand of tmes more powerful than Buu, who would throttle the shit out of Gohan, Goku and Goten that overpowered Broly.

And then Gogeta is that times a few dozen.

And that's what we call full of shit.

That would be like saying Goku, Gohan and Goten could overpower SSJ4 Goku, who's 10x as powerful as the previous SSJ4 Goku, who's a few thousand of tmes more powerful than Buu, who would throttle the shit out of Gohan, Goku and Goten that overpowered Broly.

And then Gogeta is that times a few dozen.
This would only scale to Brolyverse (Lol) characters

Also this line of reasoning is dumb because it ignores their base power completely and assumes they are equal to there Toeiverse selves (Which is blatently not the case based on stuff we see in the movie)

It'd be like saying Adult base Naruto is weaker than Sage Naruto from the Pain Arc because Pain arc Naruto has more forms that make him stronger

Last edited:
Well, we have three members who agreed with Brolly being straight 3-B, does that apply or does it have to wait a little longer?

The profile to be opened is this one, but I think there are other characters that can be scaled with this feat, but it can be cast in another CRT if someone prefers or make another CRT of Brolly being 3-A, but for for now that's it

Broly (Toei)
If we have 3 staff agrees it would be able to be applied but who are the 3 staff who agree? I can apply it for us

This would only scale to Brolyverse (Lol) characters

Also this line of reasoning is r etarded because it ignores their base power completely and assumes they are equal to there Toeiverse selves (Which is blatently not the case based on stuff we see in the movie)

It'd be like saying Adult base Naruto is weaker than Sage Naruto from the Pain Arc because Pain arc Naruto has more forms that make him stronger
I thought Broly was canon to the Toei verse though, since paragus appears in fusion reborn. [which to my knowledge is accepted as apart of Toei/GT canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back